Active Folks Over 50 -- #23

You're on Page 4 of 8
Go to
  • Hey! That's great about the wedding dress, flo! I know what you mean about the sizes. Heck, I'd be happy to fit a 14 (petite). I hope you drop in more often now!

CD (and other U.S. folks), the IRS has an online calculator that can help figure out withholding for the fed taxes:

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/artic...=96196,00.html

You can also download Publication 919 if you're subject to self-employment tax, alternative minimum tax, and other taxes.

Check it out!

I have a couple more extensions to file and then I'm done for awhile.

Jay

• Busy day ahead and luckily the sun is shining nicely. Pretty glad to be doing Easter-like things today because Sunday is not going to be nearly as nice in the weather department.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
  • Just a fly-by post. I finally finished the presentation for tonight with an hour to spare

I was still waiting on permissions to use a couple Internet resources.

My new comforter came today (the pets had ravaged the old one) and I'm in a quandry. With the extra thick mattress on our bed, it is too short. I could have ordered a larger size, but then I would need to alter the bedskirt and shams. I'm thinking of adding a ruffle or something to the edge to extend it, but I'm not sure.

I like comforters vs. bedspreads because I am lazy and hate to spend a lot of time making the bed. The comforter is also a lot more forgiving regarding the pets.

Anyone have any creative ideas for making this work? Finding a giraffe print comforter wasn't terribly easy to start with, and I really do like the fabric and the set in general and would like to keep it.

Well, gotta fly - time to get ready for church.

Jay - glad that you are almost done with tax season!

Linda - trying to send you good weather, REALLY!

Lori - Fantastic news about the dress! And - you WILL be in a size 8 one of these days! You might even blow right by it down to a 6

Laurie
  • Weather is deteriorating in spite of your efforts Laurie, but thanks for trying.

The good news is that both my scale numbers and my blood sugar numbers seem to have recovered from the Thursday Chinses food debacle.

I'm with you on the comforter vs spread on the bed. I'm not a ruffle person but how about a little tailored flange type of treatment picking up one of the colours in the fabric?? Some of those newer mattresses are getting so thick that my short legs have difficulty climbing into bed.

Have a great Saturday gang . . . try to stay out of the bunny patch.
  • Linda - good thought! I found the perfect fabric to do it too

Our mattress is one of the super, duper thick ones - we had to build a platform and forego the box springs because I COULDN'T get into bed without a step ladder

Glad you are back on track with minimal damage!

Gotta get back at it. Once service down, and one to go. I think I've spent over 20 hours on PowerPoint this week. And, I have a presentation due on Tuesday at work that I haven't started on. I'm be doing slide animations in my sleep if I'm not careful

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow! And for those celebrating Easter, hope you have a blessed and ON PLAN day!
  • Hey everybody! Quiet Easter weekend around 3FC--hope everyone is having a good one.

I've managed to start catching up on a few chores that got put aside during tax season. So that should keep me busy--We don't have much yardwork here, but there is some I need to do, and I'd better get it done before it gets much hotter!

We had our driveway refinished! It looks really wonderful now. Here's the site of the place that did it:

www.concretebeauty.com

Jay
  • Good Morning . . .
  • Jay - that looks like a really nice process to have done to the driveway! I'm thankful that ours is out back on the alley and isn't visible from the street. We did re-do the sidewalks out front a couple years ago, however. Helped the curb appeal quite a bit

Well, I did put a "flange" on the bedspread. It worked GREAT! It felt good to spend some time with my sewing machine again. I hemmed a couple pair of pants for DS2 while I was at it. I have a couple skirts that I cut out last summer that I never got to. I might have to put those on my weekend "to do" list. What a blessing to know that they will still fit.

Gotta fly - lots of calls to make to the family today. With the time difference in CA, we always call in the evening.

Hope you all have a great start to the week!

Laurie
  • -- it's snowing -- but scale is being kind.
  • meowee, I can't believe it! Ever thought of... moving...

I've had a really good day today! Everything that needs to be done for tax season is DONE, and I can concentrate on the textbooks once again. I can write out a schedule and follow it! Amazing!

I bought some new downspout extenders so that the rain (or even the dew overnight) won't just dump onto the newly painted driveway. That will be helpful because in Florida, anything that stays damp for very long turns black.

Where did everyone go? I hope you all didn't go into sugar shock from the Easter candy. It was not a problem here--I've never liked Easter candy anyway, to tell the truth.

Jay
  • Not permanently, JAY . . . but I'm beginning to see why so many Canadians are snowbirds who flock to Florida in the Winter.
  • Linda - no new snow, but it was cold here today. I rode the scooter to work, and my fingers are still feeling it! I'm with ya girl - I laughed at snowbirds most of my life - now I want to join them!

Jay on making it through tax season! Good thinking on the extenders. I bet that they will help preserve that beautiful new driveway!

I could go overboard on chocolate and jelly beans if I'm not careful - thus - I just don't buy the stuff. I keep dark chocolate around the house and plan for it - in small, controlled quantities.

Good day here - except for becoming a popsicle. Got a lot done at work. I got in a pilates workout this morning, and a shape boxing workout after work

Hello to all of our MIAs - we miss you!

Laurie
  • Pretty little coating of white dust is covering the dirty brown grass this morning. At least the tips of grass still poking out looks greenish.
  • Hi to Everyone,
    would it be ok to jump on board this thread. I qualify, I am 52 and am working at dropping more than a few pounds.
    I hope you all have a lovely day. It certainly is a beautiful day here in KS. Too bad it is horribly muddy out. I live on a small farm where muddy matters.
    Candy
  • CANDY . . . glad to have you joining us . . .