Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 07:38 AM   #106  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

The green beer started to flow early today in Halifax -- the bars opened at 7am and people were already lined up to get in.

Another sunny but cold day for us. Think I'll don something green and go off to town again to get a couple of things I forgot yesterday. Other than that -- nothing exciting for me.

Hope everybody else has some great and fun plans.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:56 AM   #107  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy St. Patties Day! :cupg old:
Sorry, no time to chat, MIL dealings again this morning. So many papers to sign, blah, blah, blah. Catch ya all tomorrow, lay off the green beer.
Meow............Geeeeeeeeeesh, are people really lined up at 7am?
Old 03-17-2009, 11:51 AM   #108  
Onward and Downward

Yes they were -- it was on the morning news.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:05 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

Hi everyone, Happy St. Patty's day, hope no one got pinched today....or maybe so??? Mother had her pace maker surgery today, she did fine, and is back home. We thought she might have to stay overnight, but they didn't have to keep her. I packed lots of healthy snacks and water, but didn't have to eat them.

Bobbi, I hope you get things taken care of soon for you MIL, and you and your hub can get back to your lives.

Meow, it's spring here, perenials are coming up, trees are blooming, it's in the mid 70's today, spring is in the air, my hub is outside tilling the garden, oh i can't wait for fresh lettuce, and next week it's supposed to be winter again....., I hope nothing gets their butts bit.

Hope everyone else is doing good, have a great day, I'm pooped, time for a nap.

Remember, (I'm typing this for me....lol)

Nothing taste as good as thin feels........
Old 03-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #110  
Onward and Downward

Just dropping in to admit to my chocolate meltdown today -- so much for my perfect March. Never mind! I promise to be 'back on the wagon' again tomorrow.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:44 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

Good Morning all, today is going to be a gorgeous day here, until this evening when the rain moves in. But, I guess we need those springs rains, to help out with the summer dryness.

Yesterday before we went to the hospital, I did my 20 minutes Power Mile with Leslie Sansome. I really like her walk tapes.

This morning I am walking at 7:30, have a g/f who is in Michigan right now, and we are meeting on the phone....will walk together. Hopefully I can do at least 40 minutes to make up for the 10 I didn't do yesterday.

Meow, we all have to have chocolate melt downs occasionally. That what women do.....lol. Hope today is good for you, and you get back on the track where you want to be. I didn't do great yesterday, but like you said, today is a better day!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Susann
"Nothing taste as good as thin feels" (the more I type that, the more I remember it and think of it)
Old 03-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #112  
Onward and Downward

Another sunny day and we may work up to above freezing temperatures, too. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy but quite a bit milder. We'll see.

Nothing too exciting in my plans. Just worked out my averages for the month so far and happy to say my 2286 total calories yesterday did NOT screw things up too badly. I'm still in good shape for the month. Average total calories are 1444 and percentages are running right on 40% carbs and 30% each for fat and protein. Sometimes you just get lucky I guess. Yes, I do believe in the 'cycling' philosophy whether you are tracking calories, points, or something else. I just don't think it needs to be all pre-planned. For me, and most of us (probably) , it just seems to happen.

Have a good Wednesday, folks . . .
Old 03-18-2009, 09:58 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning all....Finally back in the land of the living. Schedule is still crazy. I have a bridge game Friday to prepare for and just found out the fish fry that was canceled a few weeks ago is on for Thursday....and I promised an apple pie. Plus I have to get my nails done at 9am Thurs. Will stop on way home for apples today. Make pie in am and bake after appt. Can't get rolls etc until around a 11 on Thurs because of delivery.....Did you know you can tell the delivery day by the color of the tag on bakery product. The colors are always in alphabetically order.....blue green red yellow and white. At least here in US.

Susan....I'm not a caterer. I direct duplicate bridge games and when I do must supply snacks etc for players. This time of year with the snowbirds we have between 25-28 tables. They run me ragged. The GG have kept me sane and able to make all these goodies with their support. I jump on and whine and know they are here and don't even lick the spoons. Poor DH gets to be my tester.

I did my WI after the last of the company left Saturday and had a naked happy dance. Lost 2lbs with 3 weeks of no meal planning. Of course half the time there were no meals.

DD and SIL are in NC meeting with the builder. It is so exciting to see their house starting. The foundation is up and bricked. They have a month until her retirement. The pastures are ready for her horses and the barn is finished. They have been moving stuff for months. Be the first time ever that April 15th means something other than Tax Day! And we have some place to escape to during hurricane season.....sure....it takes 12 hours with just regular traffic....be 2 days! But boy having kids retiring is hard. We just retired 8 1/2 yrs ago and I'm too young for this....sighhhhh

Has anyone tried one of those upside down tomato planters? I bought one yesterday....of course I forgot to get the plant! Gonna hang it on the front porch. Let you know how it grows.

Bobbie....It will take awhile for your MIL to adjust to her new home. But the release from worry for your Dh will be tremendous. In my old life I was at DON of a nursing home and usually it took about 3 months for adjustment. So lov hang in there. It will get better.

Having too much fun just sitting here and making lists instead of doing.

Ohhhh, we finally found something to help poor allegic Dash. Better known as the million dollar dog. The vet has started him on cylcosporin which is an old time drug used to prevent organ rejection after transplants. It apparently stops allergic attacks in dogs. Be expensive but in one week he's 100% better. He's a happy puppy again and in his joy flipped me out of bed this am.

Boy....I better get moving....hugs, Karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 03-18-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:11 AM   #114  
Bobbi

Good Morning Girls!
Yesterday I made some Irish Cabbage soup and Irish Brown bread in honor of all our Irish friends. I've never made this type of bread before and it's was quick and really good. It takes 30 minutes, no yeast. I'll post the recipe for it on our small recipe site. It's very tasty toasted too!
Karen3...Glad to see you back to your chatty self.
Quote:
Good morning all....Finally back in the land of the living.

Meowee...My DH is a bit of a historian, he knows everything about everything in history. Some people have a knack for that and he's one of them. He was telling me about Novia Scotia and how it was named. Is the population still mostly scottish people or are they all mixed up like my part of the country. We started out mostly Scandinavians as the telephone book will tell you. Sooooooooooo many last names ending with 'son' or 'sen'.
Isabella...my DH wants to come to Newfoundland for a moose hunt but he doesn't make the big bucks like he used to so that's out of the question. Social security checks suck! I sure enjoy him home, we have an on-going scrabble game. Yesterday he got a 42 pointer but I still beat him.
Lynn...Did you ever find a scrabble game to down-load on your pc?
Susan...I have perrenial on the south side of the house, I've checked every day to see if they've popped up yet. Nope! We also have a large garden and we plant mixed lettuce every year. I love the arugala (spelling?) peanut butter tasting lettuce.
Quote:
It's spring here, perenials are coming up, trees are blooming, it's in the mid 70's today, spring is in the air, my hub is outside tilling the garden, oh i can't wait for fresh lettuce,

You all have a skinny day.

I keep all my Pistachios/nuts in the freezer. Pistachios have been an important part of my weight loss, I'd rather eat them to get my oil in for the day than using canola/olive oil. I fry most meat in zero calories Pam.
Quote:
4 Reasons to Eat Pistachios

Pistachios, like most nuts, are a healthy snack when eaten in moderation, and their fat content can help stave off hunger pangs. If you need more reasons to pick up a bag of pistachios, consider this – pistachios:
  1. Can help reduce the risk of heart disease. They are rich in the amino acid arginine, phytosterols and unsaturated fat – all of which promote heart health.
  2. Are a good source of polyphenol antioxidants, which protect against oxidative stress and inflammation.
  3. Can promote eye health. Pistachios have high levels of the carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin, which can reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
  4. Provide fiber. One ounce of pistachios (about 47 nuts) has three grams of dietary fiber - more than a half cup of spinach and the same amount as an orange or apple.
I recommend avoiding nuts that are dyed red or white, and eating only the natural ones (the green hue of the actual nut is natural and comes from chlorophyll). To keep pistachios fresh and crunchy, store them in an airtight container to prevent them from drawing moisture from the air and becoming soggy. If you keep them in the refrigerator or freezer, you can store them for as long as a year.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:22 AM   #115  
Onward and Downward

Oh BOBBI, I think almost half of the population of my small town (about 4000) is named MacDonald or named MacDonald before marriage. Pictou (as you DH probably knows) is where the first shipload of Scottish immigrants landed in "New Scotland". We have a replica of the ship -- the Hector -- on permanent display at the harbour front.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #116  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Imagine my delight to discover this morning that it was only March 19th. For some reason yesterday I was sure that Friday (official first day of SPRING) was going to be the 22nd. So, this is like somebody just gave me an extra two days to play with this month.

Of course, the day has dawned with very overcast skies instead of the nice sunshine we've had for the last few; but it is fairly mild.

The melting of the snow cover is great, but does present one problem -- OMG the litter strewn along the sides of the roads is horrendous. I didn't think there could be that many Tim Horton's cups in the entire Province. Yuck.

Have a great Thursday (it is Thursday, isn't it?) everybody . . . see you all later.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:02 AM   #117  
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Smile Newbie!

Hi, I just joined today and am eager to participate in a support group. What should I do to "join"?

Do you have a certain day that everyone "weighs-in"?

I'm trying to stick to a calorie limit each day. My wonderful body always complies if I can just control my right hand which will shovel food into my mouth non-stop if I don't watch it like a hawk, lol.

With the "back issues" I have, I can't work out, really can't even take a brisk walk on a regular basis, so I'm trying some water exercise in a local heated pool.

Other than that, I'm thinking of tying my right arm to my body, . What do you think?

Kren
Old 03-19-2009, 10:32 AM   #118  
Bobbi

Good Morning Girls!
Kren. The Golden Girls is a gab site and we certainly do support each other. If you want to join the 'Accountaility' site, you can weigh in there and post comments here.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:42 AM   #119  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning, everybody . . .

. . . and glad you found us KREN. All you have to do to join this group is be here. As BOBBI mentioned, we do our chatting in here mostly and our weighing and soul-baring up in the Accountability Thread that's up in the Sticky area. We have no set format for anything. Just play it by ear.

It's raining today, but it is fairly mild for a change. Of course, that has it's bad side too -- wowee, as the snow melts all the litter is rising to the surface. I didn't think there were this many Tim Horton (Canadian coffee spot) cups in the entire Province.

Nothing too exciting in my plans today. Will probably 'do' lunch and a little shopping with my friend LouLou, but not much else.

Hope everybody else has a great Thursday . . .

Last edited by meowee; 03-19-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:43 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Howdy everybody.....Going crazy cooking day. Nothing is going according to the lovely plan I concocted yesterday. The bread man hasn't delivered the rolls yet. They were out of rhubarb. So cooked the strawberries and will make a trifle with vanilla pudding. The pie got in the oven late and is still baking. Had to do Dash's turkey thighs and they too are still baking. So have to do a pineapple upside down cake later. Boiled 18 xlg eggs and made egg salad. Then boiled 36 lg eggs and made 72 deviled eggs. Chopped up the leftover corned beef and added onion and 1000 island dressing.(surprised me there...it is good) Made the ham salad and the seafood salad. Plus got my nails done.

Have go back to store this afternoon for rolls. How it only be 1:30 i'm pooped!

welcome Kren.....This is a great place to chat and get all kinds of ideas on how to stay on plan. We are all doing different diets, but all have reach a point where it is so much harder. Guess can say anything that happens to you we understand cause we're been there and done that, too.

Still have to make the roll ups and stuff the celery. And make the sandwiches in the morning. Then am done with this stuff until April 17th. Amen! Sitting here guzzling water and pondering what have I forgotten....just know it's something important....

Back to the kitchen...............Karen3
Closed Thread