Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 10:33 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

just dropped in to say that I hope you all had a great, satisfying day. Mine was super, and I did good on my eating and my exercising. I hope to do as well tomorrow, and I hope you all do too!!
Old 03-22-2009, 10:19 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning all....For some reason I woke yesterday still in run mode. So cleaned almost the whole house, but 2pm the motor fell out and never got the kitchen counters wiped down. Don't know why but had vacuumed and wiped the floor earlier. Even changed a shower head and sorted winter clothes. Had to look in the miror thought an alien had taken over my body.

Lynn...Let me know about your new diabetic diet. DH has been placed on different med and side effect is weight gain. He was on this a few years ago and gained about 5lbs a month. Doesn't sound healthy to me, but is supposed to better on kidneys.

Linda, Freda and Karen.... am sending you a little of our Spring if you'll send us a little moisture. We are about to start in early summer. The pool and the Gulf at up to 70 degrees.

Gorcery shopping day....Told DH not planning on buying much. Am opening freezer and what ever falls out 1st in dinner everyday this week. Be fun to see if I can creat decent meals out of that mess.

Hope you have a happy sunny Spring Day....Karen3
Old 03-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #138  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi . . .

Did not sleep well at all last night and I'm now feeling like I need a second nap. It was sunny first thing today but is now beginning to look like the promised snow for tomorrow (a couple of inches) may decide to start a little sooner.

Nothing very exciting for me -- hope everybody else is having a fun Sunday.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:58 PM   #139  

Hi all, typical Sunday here, can't go to church right now because Mother isn't able, but she doesn't realize that. So, if I go, she thinks she should go too, and so, we don't go. I'm so out of the habit now, it's going to be hard to get started back, but I can, and hope I do.

The day started out gloomy, but sun came out this afternoon and it turned out to be another beautiful spring day. I spent most of the morning on the internet looking up low calorie recipes. Found some interesting ones. I got my 30 minute walk in, and have eaten pretty good today, nothing that I shouldn't have had.

Everyone have a great Monday!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 05:38 AM   #140  

Good Morning all, Happy Monday!!

I'm up early, going to do my Power Mile with Leslie Sansome before heading out on my bus route. I'm down 2 more pounds, YIPPPPEEEEEE, I know it's going to come off faster in the beginning, but hey, I'll take it!!

Everyone have a great day!

Susann
Old 03-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #141  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
It's raining cats and dogs here but that's going to be good for our brown lawn. All snow is finally gone except for under some heavy spruce trees. Ooooooh I love spring. I love rainy days too, that's when my two sisters and I would get to bake cookies when we were small. I still like to work in the kitchen on rainy days.
Our church has a family that need financial support, we don't know who the family is. (Not members) They requested food last summer for whatever reason and lots of members brought in boxes of food, including us. Now the pastor said the lady was in the hospital having her 3rd baby, I don't know if there is a husband in the picture. She has a 1 year old and a 3 year old and is requesting baby boy clothes and diapers. I went to the store a couple of days ago with diapers in mind, Geeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz, has anyone purchased diapers lately for grand kids? They are so expensive and makes me think she should use cloth diapers that could be washed and re-used. I think we should buy her some birth control pills as well. But as a christian I guess I need to mind my own business and just help support her.
Susan...one of my favorite pastimes are looking up skinny recipes on the internet. I belong to allrecipes.com that have excellent recipes, it's a free site. The 3 FatChicks also have a good recipe section.
I'm hungry for chicken so that's my plan for today. I also found a recipe for Maple Syrup Pudding that I'm going to make. The reviews said it's more like Figgy pudding/cake and I'll substitute sugar free syrup instead of the real thing. I'll post the recipe if it turns out as good as the reviews state.
You all have a good day!
Old 03-23-2009, 11:28 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 215/192/150

Height: 5' 7"

Hello Everyone,
Just been lurking about. Still doing well with my WOE....not huge losses but onederland finally.
Just got back yesterday from a soccer tournament and my brain is damp and fried.
Welcome Susann. You have a wonderful smile!
Have a great Monday everybody!!!
Need to get going.....
Old 03-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #143  
Onward and Downward

Oh ONDERLAND . . . A great big for you, FLUFFY. And, of course, a for SUSANN and KREN.

I'm jealous because I seem to be stuck again and I have been good (well since my 17th meltdown). I am I think retaining water as a result of the pulmonary edema I've developed since January. In fact, this past week my ankles have started swelling a little too and it definitely is not due to heat and humidity or salt intake. Hopefully the doctor can give me something to remove the congestion and the water.

Wish rain was what was happening around here, BOBBI -- we got a little bit of cosmetic snow overnight and then there was a bit of sun this morning, but it has now started to snow again and the infamous "they" are saying we could have up to 12 inches by tomorrow morning.

Have to go to the doctor this afternoon and the dentist tomorrow morning; so naturally the Spring weather is in hiding.

Have a good Monday and I'll see you all later . . .
Old 03-23-2009, 05:21 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hey....It's raining! Thank u Thank u Thank u....be back later....Karen3
Old 03-23-2009, 06:06 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I'm having carb cravings. Too many carbs on this DTOUR diet. I need to revise to keep the fiber, but cut down on the carbs.

Lynn
Old 03-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #146  
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lynn, if you figure out how to erase carb cravings, let me know. I always crave carbs. Sometimes I can overcome the cravings, but the craving is always with me!

Karen3, I know how you feel about that rain. Here in Central Texas I had 4.5 inches last week, and that was more than I'd had all together in almost a year. It was wonderful to behold!

Kren
Adding calories to a bad day does not make it better! (Why can't I remember that?)
Old 03-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #147  
Onward and Downward

Awfully hard to keep the fibre high without consuming carbs. Fruits and vegetables are, of course, carbs; but in most cases they are your best source of non-starchy fibre. I find I have a lot of difficulty getting my fibre up where I like it to be without consuming lots of vegetables and at least one serving of high fibre cereal. I do try to avoid too much bread; even the whole grain ones.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:54 PM   #148  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Sorry Lynn, recipe for yummy potatoes and you're trying to cut carbs. Tomorrow morning I'll post the 'Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast' recipe I found today. It was to die for, Bruce smacked his lips through the whole meal.

Quote:

Wonderful Stuffed Potatoes

Ingredients

4 medium baking potatoes
3/4 cup low-fat (1%) cottage cheese
1/4 cup 1% milk
2 tablespoons soft margarine
1 teaspoon dill weed
3/4 teaspoon herb seasoning
4-6 drops hot pepper sauce
2 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese

1. Prick potatoes with fork. Bake at 425º F for 60 minutes or until fork is easily inserted.

2. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out potato leaving about 1/2 inch of pulp inside shell. Mash pulp in large bowl.

3. Mix in by hand remaining ingredients except parmesan cheese. Spoon mixture into potato shells.

4. Sprinkle each top with 1/4 teaspoon parmesan cheese.

5. Place on baking sheet and return to oven. Bake 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Yield: 8 servings--Serving Size: 1/2 potato each Nutritional Info

Fat: 2.0gCarbohydrates: 15.4gCalories:109.7Protein: 9.3g

Old 03-23-2009, 09:07 PM   #149  

Hey everyone, first let me say thank you for the comments about my smile. My nickname at work is........u guessed it........smiley......lol. Been there for 14 yrs, I was given the nic 2 wks after I started, and it has stuck with me. Some drivers only know me as smiley....lol. I consider it a wonderful compliment.

I go to allrecipes, zaar, hungry girl, anything I can find.....food network has some good recipes too. I love to find new recipes. Bobbi, your stuffed potatoes sounds great, and I can't wait to see the chicken.

I'm glad for the rain that those of you that need it are getting. I know how that can be, last summer was horrible for us. But, we are in spring now.....let's hope it last

Today I did my Power Mile, walked 20 minutes, planted 2 rows of potatoes, 2 rows of radishes, and 2 Blueberry Bushes. I think I got some exercise today!!

Kren, Kentucky is a beautiful state, of course I'm a bit prejudiced....., I'm in the western end of the state, on Barkley Lake, near Land between the Lakes. And, congratulations on your 2.5 lbs lost......it feels so good, doesn't it?

Meow, I know you are so ready for the snow to end, i hope that happens soon for you.

Bedtime for me, I'm pooped, and want to get up early and do workout before bus route. Good night all
Old 03-24-2009, 05:50 AM   #150  

Morning everyone, I'm up early to do my workout before my bus route, going to be a busy day for me, so wanted to get it in early.

Everyone have a great Tuesday!!
Closed Thread