Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #61  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

Lynn! Keep it up. Make that goal! We're rooting for you.

Isabella - We'll be praying for your fil and the whole family today.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:13 AM   #62  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Where is everyone today? It's actually raining in Minnesota, maybe the snow bank behind our house will melt. It's as tall as me! Since we have dirt fields all around us, the top of the snow is dark grey and ugly. I'll be glad to see that dissapear.
Isabella...how's FIL?
Lynn...You're really attacking those calories, good for you. I do believe you'll meet your goal this month. I couldn't find fresh blueberries yesterday for the cheesecake dessert and I couldn't buy the frozen because I wasn't going right home. Yesterday is visiting day for us, MIL was 'out in outer space'. She thought her husband has been having an affair the last 6 months. We couldn't convince her that he's been dead for 20 years. Gosh, I think I'd rather die of a fatal heart attack than have alzheimers or dementia. How awful to worry about an unfaithful husband, not that he was but she's always been the jealous type. I didn't mean to be so depressing this morning, I have to meet her at doctors this afternoon for another appointment. I better get going, get my exercise in.
Have a sunny day and write down every morsel you eat!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-09-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:31 PM   #63  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . .

It has been quiet lately, hasn't it. Must be a winter hibernation or something. We had some fresh snow overnight last night and it was so very windy all day that it looked like it was still snowing even though i think the sun was actually shining out there somewhere.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #64  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello everyone. I've been busy sewing wedding ties and pocket puffs for DS. I finished them this morning and have them packed away for this summer's festivities.

FIL is still hanging on. He came through surgery fine but Saturday night/Sunday morning he had a mild heart attack and his blood pressure dropped. He's on a ventilator, and taking morphine and all the other medications needed. Tomorrow the doctor is going to try and take him off the ventilator to see if he can breathe on his own. But it's still touch and go because his heart is so weak. Thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts towards the family and FIL.

The weekend was a total write off food wise but I'm back on track today. I did get in my biking though on Sunday and also today.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:15 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening ladies....I'm here. Just have been busy getting ready to leave. Suit case is in the car, big totebag is packed and ready, have to put ice in chest and pack cold stuff in the morning. Picking up Susan at 6am so leaving here at 5:30. Have made food for Dh for the week...meat loaf, egg plant parm, and peppers and sausages. Whole house is clean and dusted and wiped down. So who needs a cleaning lady.....me!

I am having trouble sleeping. I have been averaging 4 hrs a night for past week or so. Am exhausted and when almost asleep get mind rived up almost to panic state. Gesh, am too old for this.....can't take the pm meds because they last for days in me.....just have to figure out how to get into calm state. Maybe a hugh glass of bourbon....nah...beating head on head board didn't work....will try my self hypnotism tonight.

Spring is really coming everyone....if you got thru January you can do anything! Bye...be back Sat night or Sunday for sure....Karen3

ps...Isabella you are in my prayers....k

Last edited by Karen3; 02-09-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #66  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

And the good news is . . . drum roll, please . . . as of this morning I seem to have gotten rid of the 3 Christmas pounds and I'm back to just the extra 2 I gained last October when I went back on insulin.

Oh, Lynn . . . in answer to your question, I just hve not been very organized so far this year, hopefully I'll get my act together and participate in the Accountability thread next month.

The other good news . . . yesterday's vicious wind has substantially subsided and although it's cold, the sun is gorgeous.

Hope you have a wonderful trip, Karen . . .
Old 02-10-2009, 10:21 AM   #67  
Sea

Good work, Meowee!
Old 02-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #68  
Bobbi

Good Morning Girls!
It rained all day yesterday and into the evening, our snow banks have dwindled. We have high winds here too Meowee, I was wondering if that's why all the words on my computer has a shadow today. I get my high speed internet through the telephone lines and they are really whipping around in the wind. I would also like to congratulate you on getting rid of the Christmas gain.
Isabella...don't you ever relax? You are so active and involved in your family plus caring for your mom. Please tell me your house is messy.
Karen3...all the excitement of travel used to keep me awake beforehand, I kept thinking of things to bring. Once you get on the road, you'll sleep better. Have a safe trip.
Lynn...duh! I still haven't made your dessert, have you tried this recipe before? I have a can of sugarfree cherries in the cupboard, maybe I'll substitute them for the blueberries.

Hi all your lurkers, post your thoughts for the day.
I have to made some homemade granola for DH. One of my grandsons wants me to make him some peanut butter granola so I better get started.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #69  

Default of the remote

Ok Bobbie here i am a a lurker for sure but cheering u all for your success's and sending prayers and good wishes for those with troubles..my dh is home from having surgury to fix his nose(an old football college days injury) that was blocking his sinus and caused painful headaches..he looks like he was punched in the nose and hurts like it had been..good pain meds are keeping him happy and i get to baby him for a few days..he was always by my side when i was in the hospital so i can help him now.. we are like a comfy pair of old slippers and only argue over control of the remote lol..im staying the same #'s wise but thats good no gains anways ..its a beautiful day here today sun sparkling on the snow..dh snoring in his recliner dogs at my feet lifes good..enjoy your day everyone rosey
Old 02-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Morning Girls!
It rained all day yesterday and into the evening, our snow banks have dwindled. We have high winds here too Meowee, I was wondering if that's why all the words on my computer has a shadow today. I get my high speed internet through the telephone lines and they are really whipping around in the wind. I would also like to congratulate you on getting rid of the Christmas gain.
Isabella...don't you ever relax? You are so active and involved in your family plus caring for your mom. Please tell me your house is messy.
Karen3...all the excitement of travel used to keep me awake beforehand, I kept thinking of things to bring. Once you get on the road, you'll sleep better. Have a safe trip.
Lynn...duh! I still haven't made your dessert, have you tried this recipe before? I have a can of sugarfree cherries in the cupboard, maybe I'll substitute them for the blueberries.

Hi all your lurkers, post your thoughts for the day.
I have to made some homemade granola for DH. One of my grandsons wants me to make him some peanut butter granola so I better get started.
Hi Bobbi,

Yes - I made & ate. I've made them with blueberries and with cherries. I prefer the blueberries, but either works.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:20 AM   #71  
Sea

I'm struggling a bit, because my scale is getting real stubborn, though I've been very good, and I'm journalling and exercising. I'm hoping that is at least partly just from sodium intake and that the fat is moving off. But, on the good side, this morning my blood sugar was exactly where the drs. want it: 98 !!! I don't think it's been this low in more than a year.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:09 AM   #72  
Bobbi

Good Morning!
Hi Rosey, nice to hear from you.
Sea...platueas are common in weight loss. Last October was like that for me, I never cheated and kept within my calories, kept my exercising up. The scale stayed the same for 11 days, I'd drop 1-2 pounds then stay the same for another 11 days. It was very frustrating. But looking at the big picture, it'll all work out in the end.
I have bills to pay this morning and more roll-ups to make so I better get busy. Every fall I make/freeze tons of sugar free applesauce and it's too much for us to eat. This month I decided to try making fruit roll-ups, my daughter told me to put some cherry kool-ade in some batches. I did plus a little Stevia and they are really delicious.
I have since added grape, strawberry and blue berry. Next fall I'm going to make batches of roll-ups right away instead of freezing it all. Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #73  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

Quick check in before heading to bed for the before work nap.

Hanging in there here. Have been able to get rid of 7 of my holiday pounds. 8 to go to get back to where I was.

I am excited ~ got signed up for a water aerobics class to start in March. I love being in the pool.

Back to work tonight then off the weekend ~ yippee!!

It is a nice sunny day here ~ love that sun ~ it makes you feel so much better than a dreary day.

Hope you all are doing well.

Take care
Old 02-11-2009, 01:13 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea View Post
I'm struggling a bit, because my scale is getting real stubborn, though I've been very good, and I'm journalling and exercising. I'm hoping that is at least partly just from sodium intake and that the fat is moving off. But, on the good side, this morning my blood sugar was exactly where the drs. want it: 98 !!! I don't think it's been this low in more than a year.
Hi Sea,

After reading your post, I went searching for one of my "bounce charts."
I used to keep these last year to show how many days I was actually at the same weight (see below). I thought you might find this interesting.

Lynn

April 2008 - Bounce Chart past 180 days

155 – 28
154 – 35
153 – 28
152 – 10
151 – 11
150 - 21
149 - 15
148 - 17
147 - 13
146 - 1
145 - 1
Old 02-11-2009, 04:18 PM   #75  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello everyone. I sure do miss my laptop. I'm using DS's but it's not the best and it keeps closing down on me.

Bobbie to answer your question: YES!!! My house is often in a messy state. Actually it's hardly ever not messy. Ha, ha. I've got to keep busy doing something or other because I can't come and go as I please and I can't seem to just sit and watch tv or read a book. My friend phoned me today and asked if I could come to the church for a few hours to help her do work in the free clothing store and I could go as DS is not working right now. While we were working she said that she phoned me because she figured I'd like to get out of the house. It was actually a slow day so we poked around in the kitchen and cleaned up a bit. We went through all the old plastic table cloths and separated them into "good" and "drop cloth" piles. I've been trying to get that done for a while so I was pleased to have gone to the church today.

I'm working on the little wedding favor bags now. Last night I finished gluing the first 50 in yellow paper. They need to have ribbon handles attached and a little flower glued to the front to be finished. I started the next 50 in blue and got a grand total of 3 done. I'll do a few every day or so until they are finished. I have a very long list of things that I have to do before that wedding takes place.

Sea, don't get discouraged. If you are keeping on plan eventually you'll see the pounds drop off. Sometimes our bodies like to cling to that old fat but if you're not feeding it more than it needs off it comes.

Gayle, congrats on getting those 7 pounds gone. I have half a pound to go and I'll be at pre-Christmas weight...sigh...so fast to go on and so slow to come off.

I shovelled snow today. Mark that on your calendars. I took the shovel and cleaned off the back deck. The snow was really piled up high on one side and we're supposed to get more snow this week. I believe I might feel a few muscles in my back tomorrow telling me I used them more strenuously than normal.

Take care and I'll catch you all later.
Closed Thread