Old 01-18-2009, 09:08 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,

Snowing here but not as cold as yesterday. Saw my Little Sister & her baby yesterday - he's a cutie - she's exhausted (school, work, baby).

Hoping it will clear up enough today for me to be able to get together with my bf. I haven't seen her since before the holidays (first I was on vacation and then she was) and I miss her.

Check back later,

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:21 AM   #122  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

We were at a balmy -22C / -8F this morning and it's definitely on the rise. Bad news is that the sun has faded from view.

Have a great day, gang . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #123  

Hi Linda,

I have a question. I notice that you changed your ticker to reflect a 2009 starting point. Why? You've lost 70 pounds! Don't you want to capture your success on your ticker?

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 01-18-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:10 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning....Hope everyone is warm and happy this morning. All the darn fruit has finally been delivered. Our friends got 2 bussels of citrus in one week. That is the stupidest thing I have had done for me in years. Kinda negates the joy of giving big time.

DD says the honeybells are the sweetest she has ever eaten. So if you order them this is the time. They only have them in Jan. Go figure a grapefruit manderian orange cross is that sweet???

Need to get my shopping list done...just can't think of something I want to eat this week. In my next life am gonna have a cook/chef, maid and valet.

Just looked at my calendar and I have a normal week ahead. That seems heavenly. Next month is the tournament in Sarasota and direct 2 Fridays.

Off to Publix....Karen3
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:44 AM   #125  
Onward and Downward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Hi Linda,

I have a question. I notice that you changed your ticker to reflect a 2009 starting point. Why? You've lost 70 pounds! Don't you want to capture your success on your ticker?

Lynn
If you notice the little line under my avatar, it captures the total journey.

I use the ticker just for the current year. Just a little fetish of mine, I guess. Why have two ways to say something and then always have them both the same. Basically just my laziness coming to the forefront. Can't be bothered always updating two things the same so I use each one a little differently.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:47 PM   #126  
~~~~~~~~~~

S/C/G: 210/207/140

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hi y'all, another newbie here. So glad to find out I'm not the only Golden Girl here! lol I'm 54, happilly married housewife, Mom and Grandmother. Hubby and I live in the rural South, and I'm trying for the umpteenth time to lose this weight. Mostly I want to get into the exercise groove and really get fit and healthy! Desperately need motivation and accountability.

I told my big sister in Texas about this board and hopefully she will sign up too, so we can work on our weightloss together.

Right now I'm going to go read this whole thread and try to get a better sense of who's who and what's what. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Sissy2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:42 PM   #127  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Welcome Sissy. Glad you found us. Post as much as you want or need to.

Meowee, we're in a deep freeze here too. Those temperatures are almost the same as it was here this morning and afternoon. Yesterday was even colder, brrrr. We're supposed to have snow tomorrow but don't know how bad it will actually be. I'm ready for spring right now.

I am now announcing that I have a new exercise bike, again. Had to take the other one back because of missing pieces. Today I went to the store and they actually had one in stock. Got it for $99.99 plus tax so I'm very pleased. It's so quiet I can watch tv without the volume turned on blast. I brought it upstairs to the living room so I can hop on when I'm watching the tv and not disturb DH and half the neighborhood. (The old one is very noisy!)

I ate too much yesterday. Went to a potluck and did pretty good until I was helping with clean up....Sigh.... I'm such a picker.

And today I went shopping and it was like the best day I've ever shopped in a grocery store. Just about everything I bought was half price. It was like Christmas all over again but with the sales. And then I bought a new winter coat at half price. It's absolutely gorgeous but I'm going to put it away for next Christmas as I have more than enough coats on the go right now. It's a red brocade-like material and it's pile lined (even the sleeves). It has a faux fur stand up collar and fur lined cuffs that can be worn down or turned up. It's a 3/4 length and will be perfect with pants. I'm becoming a real clothes horse since losing so much weight. I have to curtail the clothing buying though because I have nowhere to wear the stuff, ha, ha. I'm home about 80% of the time and I'm usually wearing exercise gear most of the time. Now wearing jeans and a nice sweater is like wearing formal attire.

I'm rambling again, aren't I? I've got to get out more. Catch you all tomorrow.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:49 AM   #128  
Onward and Downward

What a difference a day makes . . . wow . . . we are already (at first light) sitting at 5C / 40F and it's pouring rain. Supposed to go even higher by early afternoon when the temperature is going to start dropping down into the freezing zone again.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:31 AM   #129  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Welcome Sissy and please welcome your sister too.
Yesterday was our grandson's b'day, he turned 11. We brought home Chinese food for 6. I had a chance to use my Chinese dishes, goblets, matching placemats, cloth napkins and chop sticks. My daughter said we should eat with chop sticks more often because it slows our eating down quite a bit. 5 of us ate with chop sticks, future SIL had to have a fork. Party Pooper!
My grandson hooked up my Wii yesterday and showed grandma here how to work it. Looks like I'll get some arm exercise out of it. I want the Wii Fit but everyone is sold out. Who has the Wii Fit on this thread? They have many of them on ebay but a zillion people are bidding on it.
We have company coming at 11:00 this a.m. so I better go get breakfast dishes done. See Ya all!
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:01 AM   #130  

Good Morning all,

It's a bright crisp -0 day here. But, good news, it's supposed to get up to 35 this week. Heat Wave!!

Welcome Sissy, come here often and talk to us. It really, really helps! Please invite your sister too. Looking forward to getting to know you. And you're right. It's so much esier to relate to people your own age! Face it, we dont' lose like the 30, even 40 year olds! Not that we can't, as we've all proven, just a little slower maybe! And I think most of us will say we're more fit than we have been in years!

Bobbi, Still waiting for that cookie recipe! It just sounds good, oatmeal and banana, and healthy too. Or healthy for a cookie. party sounds fun. And taht would be a good way for me to eat to stay thin. Not much skill with chop sticks! too bad you're not near here. I saw lots of WII fit in the paper this weekend.

Isabella, Don't you love days like that? too bad there aren't more of them! And as for the new clothes, you worked so hard to lose the weight, enjoy them! And MAKE places to wear them! And with that new bike you will get healthier and fitter!

Lynn, I'm glad to hear that your "little sister" is doing well. I know you've been such a positive influence. And congratulations on losing the weight!

Karen, after a few hectic weeks, a nice calm week is more than welcome, isn't it?

Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:11 AM   #131  
Isabella

My friend just sent me this poem in an email. It had cute little pigs exercising in the email but they don't come out when I paste and copy. Thought you'd all get a kick out of this.

Twas the month after Christmas,
and all through the house,
Nothing would fit me,
not even a blouse.

The cookies I'd nibbled,
the chocolate I'd taste
At the holiday parties
had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales
there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store
(less a walk than a lumber),

I'd remember the marvellous meals I'd prepared;
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,
The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese
And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."

As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt...
I said to myself, as I only can,
"You can't spend a winter, disguised as a man!"

So, away with the last of the sour cream dip.
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip.
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
Till all the additional ounces have vanished.

I won't have a cookie, not even a lick.
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.
I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie.
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.

I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore...
But isn't that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all, and to all a good diet.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:21 AM   #132  

Good morning, Everyone,

I'm off to do my service on this Day of Service. I'll be helping out at a center for homeless children. Later in the day, I hope to pick up my Little Sister & go shopping for a coat for her. She's been walking around in a sweatsuit jacket!

Dentist early this morning (didn't get to the gym) and scheduled car appointment this afternoon - a busy day.

Tomorrow begins one of my courses. Hopefully, I'll still be able to check in everyday for the month while it's running. I do so much better when I have contact with this group.

This past week has been a good one. Began it with some shopping and cooking - REALLY helped me out. Tomorrow, I plan to do some more cooking (chicken, vegetables, cheesy broccoli soup, cherry cheesecake parfaits) while I'm watching the inauguration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Morning....Hope everyone is warm and happy this morning. All the darn fruit has finally been delivered. Our friends got 2 bussels of citrus in one week. That is the stupidest thing I have had done for me in years. Kinda negates the joy of giving big time.

DD says the honeybells are the sweetest she has ever eaten. So if you order them this is the time. They only have them in Jan. Go figure a grapefruit manderian orange cross is that sweet???

Need to get my shopping list done...just can't think of something I want to eat this week. In my next life am gonna have a cook/chef, maid and valet.

Just looked at my calendar and I have a normal week ahead. That seems heavenly. Next month is the tournament in Sarasota and direct 2 Fridays.

Off to Publix....Karen3
Hi Karen, I never heard of a "honeybell." I'm not supposed to eat grapefruit - some kind of interation with one of my meds. But, I might try a little bit of one of these if I can find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy2009 View Post
Hi y'all, another newbie here. So glad to find out I'm not the only Golden Girl here! lol I'm 54, happilly married housewife, Mom and Grandmother. Hubby and I live in the rural South, and I'm trying for the umpteenth time to lose this weight. Mostly I want to get into the exercise groove and really get fit and healthy! Desperately need motivation and accountability.

I told my big sister in Texas about this board and hopefully she will sign up too, so we can work on our weightloss together.

Right now I'm going to go read this whole thread and try to get a better sense of who's who and what's what. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Hi Sissy, WELCOME! Hard to lose weight in the south. My cousins live in south FL and GA. Their saying is "if it died, it's fried." After it's fried, it gets some gravy. They's coming North next week (will stay at my DD's B&B) for our annual cousins' reunion. I'm REALLY looking forward to spending time with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Welcome Sissy. Glad you found us. Post as much as you want or need to.

Meowee, we're in a deep freeze here too. Those temperatures are almost the same as it was here this morning and afternoon. Yesterday was even colder, brrrr. We're supposed to have snow tomorrow but don't know how bad it will actually be. I'm ready for spring right now.

I am now announcing that I have a new exercise bike, again. Had to take the other one back because of missing pieces. Today I went to the store and they actually had one in stock. Got it for $99.99 plus tax so I'm very pleased. It's so quiet I can watch tv without the volume turned on blast. I brought it upstairs to the living room so I can hop on when I'm watching the tv and not disturb DH and half the neighborhood. (The old one is very noisy!)

I ate too much yesterday. Went to a potluck and did pretty good until I was helping with clean up....Sigh.... I'm such a picker.

And today I went shopping and it was like the best day I've ever shopped in a grocery store. Just about everything I bought was half price. It was like Christmas all over again but with the sales. And then I bought a new winter coat at half price. It's absolutely gorgeous but I'm going to put it away for next Christmas as I have more than enough coats on the go right now. It's a red brocade-like material and it's pile lined (even the sleeves). It has a faux fur stand up collar and fur lined cuffs that can be worn down or turned up. It's a 3/4 length and will be perfect with pants. I'm becoming a real clothes horse since losing so much weight. I have to curtail the clothing buying though because I have nowhere to wear the stuff, ha, ha. I'm home about 80% of the time and I'm usually wearing exercise gear most of the time. Now wearing jeans and a nice sweater is like wearing formal attire.

I'm rambling again, aren't I? I've got to get out more. Catch you all tomorrow.
Hi Isabella, did you ever read Stephen King's story about the exercise bike? GREAT/SCARY story. Enjoy yours! Cute poem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Welcome Sissy and please welcome your sister too.
Yesterday was our grandson's b'day, he turned 11. We brought home Chinese food for 6. I had a chance to use my Chinese dishes, goblets, matching placemats, cloth napkins and chop sticks. My daughter said we should eat with chop sticks more often because it slows our eating down quite a bit. 5 of us ate with chop sticks, future SIL had to have a fork. Party Pooper!
My grandson hooked up my Wii yesterday and showed grandma here how to work it. Looks like I'll get some arm exercise out of it. I want the Wii Fit but everyone is sold out. Who has the Wii Fit on this thread? They have many of them on ebay but a zillion people are bidding on it.
We have company coming at 11:00 this a.m. so I better go get breakfast dishes done. See Ya all!
Hi Bobbi, I have problems with Chinese food. Even when I'm being good & having tofu & veggies, I retain water from the salt. However, I LOVE it - especially General Tso's chicken - VERY bad for the diet. Hope you enjoyed. BTW, my DD & I once tried eating everything with chopsticks so that we would slow down our eating. You know what happened - we got really fast with chopsticks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Good Morning all,

It's a bright crisp -0 day here. But, good news, it's supposed to get up to 35 this week. Heat Wave!!

Welcome Sissy, come here often and talk to us. It really, really helps! Please invite your sister too. Looking forward to getting to know you. And you're right. It's so much esier to relate to people your own age! Face it, we dont' lose like the 30, even 40 year olds! Not that we can't, as we've all proven, just a little slower maybe! And I think most of us will say we're more fit than we have been in years!

Bobbi, Still waiting for that cookie recipe! It just sounds good, oatmeal and banana, and healthy too. Or healthy for a cookie. party sounds fun. And taht would be a good way for me to eat to stay thin. Not much skill with chop sticks! too bad you're not near here. I saw lots of WII fit in the paper this weekend.

Isabella, Don't you love days like that? too bad there aren't more of them! And as for the new clothes, you worked so hard to lose the weight, enjoy them! And MAKE places to wear them! And with that new bike you will get healthier and fitter!

Lynn, I'm glad to hear that your "little sister" is doing well. I know you've been such a positive influence. And congratulations on losing the weight!

Karen, after a few hectic weeks, a nice calm week is more than welcome, isn't it?

Freda
Hi Freds, I don't know about the "good influence." When she got pregnant, I kind of wondered. Especially, bc she didn't tell me until her 8th month! However, I had some long and serious conversations with our caseworker & things seem to be OK. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this baby. Will post a couple of photos later - need to use my other computer to post photos.

Hope everyone has a Happy and Healthy day,

Lynn
Old 01-19-2009, 01:40 PM   #133  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Freda.....sorry I hadn't posted this yet but I usually like to make a recipe before I post it. I still haven't gotten around to baking them yet but here's the recipe. I haven't tweaked it yet, I was planning to substitue whole wheat flour for the white, etc.

Quote:
Banana Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients
Canola oil spray
3/4 cup unbleached flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground allspice
1 cup quick-cooking oats (not instant)
1/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 large egg white
3 Tbsp. butter (preferably unsalted), cut in 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
1 small banana, cut in 1-inch pieces
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Nutritional Info
Fat: 2.4g
Carbohydrates:10.6g
Calories:66.8
Protein: 1.0g
1. Set baking racks in top and lower thirds of the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat 2 baking pans or cookie sheets with oil spray.

2. Whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and allspice in a mixing bowl. Mix in oats, raisins and nuts.

3. In a blender on medium speed, mix egg white, butter and sugar until smooth. Blend in banana and vanilla until mixture is smooth. Pour banana mixture into bowl with dry ingredients, mixing with spatula until well combined. Batter will be fairly stiff.

4. Drop batter by walnut-size spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets, spacing cookies at least 2 inches apart. Flatten them slightly with the back of a wet spoon, wetting spoon frequently between cookies, to make 2-inch cookies.

5. Bake 10 minutes. Switch position of pans in oven. Bake an additional 5 to 8 minutes or until cookies are golden brown and almost firm in the center when pressed with a finger. Transfer cookies to a baking rack and cool. Stored in airtight container, these cookies keep up to 1 week.

Makes 24 servings.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-19-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:28 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all....Can't believe it is after 7pm and am just sitting down. Loving my new hearing aid. It is so easy in my ear. I will have to extra careful and remember to take in out before jumping in the pool. Just so unaware of it in my ear. Fabulous Darlin....Fabulous!

Isabella....loved the poem. Have you been peeking in at me? And that new coat sounds beautiful. Picture please.

Sissy and Sissy11 welcome...this be the place for the support we all need.

Lynn....Some day lov you need to sit down and takes a big breath. You are on the run. And somethings like your little sister's pregancy isn't your fault. Our generation seems to always feel responsible. Sometimes SH.

Hope you all are staying warm and careful out on those slick roads. Spring will come sometime before July...maybe...

Tomorrow is a hard day for us. Our 1st GD was killed in a riding accident when she was 8yrs old and the 20th is her birthday. We get past the anniversary of her death okay, but her birthday is so hard. She was my pretty one.

Night all....Karen3
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:30 PM   #135  
Isabella

Karen3, so sorry about tomorrow. My nephew was killed in a car accident a week before his 22nd birthday, which is our wedding anniversary. He was born the morning of our wedding day and we always celebrated together if we were near each other. So I'm understanding somewhat how you feel. It must be much harder with a grandchild.

Lynn, I haven't read that Stephen King story. I'll have to look it up.

Bobbi, I have all the ingredients for those cookies and I might give them a try out tomorrow. I was just wishing I had a (good) cookie to have with a cup of tea. I have lots of (bad) cookies and cake from Christmas but a guilt free one would be nice. I'll use whole wheat flour and let you all know. I don't use Splenda-don't like it.

I'm enjoying my new bike. It's so nice and quiet.