3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   New Member 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/159731-new-member-50-a.html)

Pearlhanna 12-30-2008 08:31 PM

New Member 50+

Hi I am a new member of 3 Fat Chicks Website. I am 51 and have various ailments. I have 200 pounds to lose and am scared and quite frankly self-destructive. I have a lot of weight to lose and am seeking support and friendship.

I live in New Jersey and my name is Pearlhanna.

Thank you. I remain,

Respectfully,

Pearlhanna

JayEll 12-31-2008 06:59 AM

Hey Pearlhanna! :wel3fc:

Join in on one of the threads! Feel free to open new threads, like this one, if you have questions. Be sure to check out all the forums--3FC has some by age, some by issue, some by weight. :) You are free to post in any of them, regardless of whether you "fit."

What plan do you have for losing the excess weight?

Good luck!
Jay

tryingitagain 12-31-2008 07:10 AM

:welcome:

You've come to the right place for support!!!Everyone here is really nice..And if you're on here reading and posting it takes away from time to graze ( my personal experience, I'm a grazer)

Anyway hope you have a wonderful journey down the life style change path!!!!

SisuInWI 12-31-2008 06:26 PM

Welcome Pearlhanna! I think you've come to the right place to get some encouragement, ideas and a whole lot of support. Getting started, finding the plan that will work for you, making the changes, can all seem pretty overwhelming. But your here! You've taken a step in the right direction. I am also a newer member, 50 yrs. old, and hopeful for myself and what I'm doing. It's very hard at times to keep the negative thoughts at bay, but we have the wisdom that comes with age to do this!!!!! We can and will!

CountingDown 12-31-2008 07:52 PM

Welcome! You found a great support site here! And - you CAN do this! Really! I am 51 too! I wasn't sure I would be able to lose weight at this point in my life, but - with help from everyone here - I did!

I look forward to reading your posts!

artchick 01-04-2009 12:15 PM

Hi Pearlhanna,

Artchick here,and I just joined today...I'm 53 and not new to the weightloss challenge...but I'm tired and need some inspiration, motivation, etc.

The only sustained success I've had was on Atkins, and my current weight gain was due to ignoring everything that worked, over a long period of time.

I think I'm approaching that mental zone where 'm going to be willing to "do what it takes" again, and I do hope that dialoging with new weight loss friends will help...hope you'll be one! :-)

golfgal7 01-04-2009 12:24 PM

hi all glad uu r here

I have 50 pounds to lose and am 51. I am looking for support and like this sight.
Thansk

nyfarmgirl 01-12-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artchick (Post 2526184)
Hi Pearlhanna,

Artchick here,and I just joined today...I'm 53 and not new to the weightloss challenge...but I'm tired and need some inspiration, motivation, etc.

The only sustained success I've had was on Atkins, and my current weight gain was due to ignoring everything that worked, over a long period of time.

I think I'm approaching that mental zone where 'm going to be willing to "do what it takes" again, and I do hope that dialoging with new weight loss friends will help...hope you'll be one! :-)

I'm new, too. 54 and wanting to shed 40 pounds. This looks like a good place for support.

Hang in there, pearlhanna. I think you'll find the support you need, here.

farmgirl

Mama Blake 01-12-2009 10:02 PM

Hi ! I am new here too. I am 50 and keep thinking that I have to get rid of this weight now before I get any older. I know what you mean about needing support. I was involved in a challenge and lost 35 lbs and now that the challenge is over I don't have anyone to be accountable to (except myself and sometime that doesn't work) so I thought this might be a good forum to help keep me on track.

the slim me 01-13-2009 10:03 AM

Hi, welcome all of you! You found a great place for support. And it does work.

I am 60 and figured it's now or never. I cana't say I lost as quickly as a 20 year old (or heck, even a 50 year olf) but I lost. and it was so worth the effort. So can you! it takes effort and determination and it's sooo worth it! So hang in there, come post often.

Freda

nyfarmgirl 01-13-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the slim me (Post 2548223)
Hi, welcome all of you! You found a great place for support. And it does work.

I am 60 and figured it's now or never. I cana't say I lost as quickly as a 20 year old (or heck, even a 50 year olf) but I lost. and it was so worth the effort. So can you! it takes effort and determination and it's sooo worth it! So hang in there, come post often.

Freda

Hi Freda:

Wow, 45 pounds! How long did it take you to lose it? I'm aiming for 40 pounds and can't help but wonder if I can do it in five months, which is my (vague) goal -

farmgirl

Sissy2009 01-16-2009 11:45 PM

Hi y'all, another newbie here, needing motivation and accountability!!!!!!! Have been on just about every diet there is, trying to lose weight for about fifteen years or so now. Typical yo-yo dieter I guess.

Looking forward to meeting y'all and here's wishing all of us a really great 2009!

PS I'm 54 years old, happily married housewife, Mom and Grandmother.

ladyinweighting 01-17-2009 07:51 AM

Hi Pearlhanna & Sissy,

WELCOME!!!! I post on Golden Girls - feel free to join us there.

Pearlhanna - where in NJ? I live in Bucks County, PA - just across the river from Trenton.

Lynn

Sissy2009 01-18-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladyinweighting (Post 2557165)
Hi Pearlhanna & Sissy,

WELCOME!!!! I post on Golden Girls - feel free to join us there.

Pearlhanna - where in NJ? I live in Bucks County, PA - just across the river from Trenton.

Lynn

Hi Lynn! Thank you and everybody else for the kind welcome! I'll try to find the Golden Girls group, thank you.