3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   I was afraid to get on the scale today (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/158989-i-afraid-get-scale-today.html)

recidivist 12-19-2008 04:17 PM

I was afraid to get on the scale today

It's my first weigh-in since my initial starting weight, taken on 12/6. I didn't even weigh myself at the beginning of the diet, only on day four, so I may have lost more water those first three days (they were really low cal, to shrink my stomach), and todays' weight may be real weight loss. I've been on the diet for 16 days now and in the last twelve days I'm down six lbs. I know I'm already feeling better. Not so out of breath, easier to bend over. Amazing how so little weight can make such a difference. Now if I could just unload these other four 20lb bags of cat food I've been carrying around. That is one of my incentives to lose weight. I pick up a 50 lb bag of dog food(which I can barely lift any more) and tell myself I'm carrying more than that around all the time...no wonder I'm tired and hurting all the time. I'm so relieved to see progress. Such good motivation!

:carrot: :cb: :carrot:

JayEll 12-19-2008 04:42 PM

:congrat: :bravo:

That's great! A very good rate of loss!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Jay

recidivist 12-19-2008 04:51 PM

Thanks Jay...I'll take all the encouragment I can get. :D

rocket pop 12-19-2008 04:54 PM

Gosh, I love it when you pick up a bag'o'something that weighs around what you've lost- it seems unbelievable that you used to carry that around!!

Tuca125 12-19-2008 04:59 PM

i am in my WI #5 , and every times I scared to step in the scale .... like every body , i want to see a lose ..... so that is a normal feling... WTG

recidivist 12-19-2008 05:12 PM

Yeah, Wfonseca, it's one of the reasons I'll only weigh myself twice a month. I am too easily dismayed by not seeing some progress.

This was scary for me though, because this time I can't exercise like last time, due to health issues, and I was afraid it would slow down the weight loss too much. Apparently not. It was a huge relief to see that.

Schumeany 12-19-2008 05:16 PM

Congratulations! That feeling of being nervous to step on the scale, and then being happy with what you see is wonderful.

CountingDown 12-19-2008 05:35 PM

Congrats! Sounds like you have found a plan that works for you!!!

I totally relate to the pet food post. I love being able to pick up those bags and toss them in the grocery cart now. Just remember that exercise is important too!

recidivist 12-19-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schumeany (Post 2504801)
Congratulations! That feeling of being nervous to step on the scale, and then being happy with what you see is wonderful.

Schumeany, I read your post about your husband being afraid you'd leave him now that you've lost weight. I just wanted to say I understand his fears, as you are quite stunning. You remind me of Julia Roberts with that gorgeous smile. So have patience with him and just keep reassuring him of how much you love him. I think it's really sweet that a hunky guy like him would be worried, and be feeling insecure. You go girl!

rocket pop 12-19-2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by recidivist (Post 2504790)
Yeah, Wfonseca, it's one of the reasons I'll only weigh myself twice a month. I am too easily dismayed by not seeing some progress.

That is the EXACT reason I hardly ever weigh myself! It's too easy to get caught up in numbers. I know that if I weigh myself too often I start some really dangerous eating habits.

I think it's better to gauge your success on how you feel in your body, how your clothes are looking and measurements if you're a stickler. It's sooo important to be gentle on and not hate yourself.

recidivist 12-19-2008 06:13 PM

Oh but it's so easy to hate yourself when you feel fat and dumpy! :D

Schumeany 12-19-2008 11:13 PM

No hating yourself...not allowed. You are trying to DO something about feeling fat and dumpy...a lot of people don't ever get that far. That is worth celebrating and giving yourself a big pat on the back. Weight loss is really hard work, but it is even harder if you get down on yourself...especially if you see a stall or a hiccup on the scale in the wrong direction as you go along. You can do this. You ARE doing it. Be proud of yourself. :hug:

Thanks, by the way, for the compliment. I think that picture of me is a little goofy -- my hair is kind of tweaky, but you are the THIRD person to call me stunning on here in the last three days. I KNEW there was a reason I like 3FC so much. You people are an easy sell... :)