Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #106  

Height: 5'1"

Hi All,

Our last snow storm is under controle now. The roads are mostly clear, at least the main roads are. side roads are still a bit iffy, especially the intersections.

Linda, Ours our over, sounds like yours is just beginning! Stay warm.

Bobbi, Sooo sorry to hear about your furbaby! They add so much to our lives, and in turn, we give them the best life we can.

Karen, Hope your friend is ok now. Quick thinking on DH's part probably saved her life. We women have a problem downplaying our own illnesses.

YoYo, Congratulations on not smoking!! That in it's self is a major accomplishment. have you gotten past the stage of wanting to yet? it will come....

Gayle, good to see you back posting again. Missed you.

Fluffy. welcome. come around often. Lots of good information here. And lots of really nice people.

freda
Old 12-22-2008, 05:02 PM   #107  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

A quick and easy recipe for the holidays and very good!

Chocolate Meringue Cookies

2 egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 c sugar
1/3 c Splenda
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder

Preheat oven to 300. Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside.

Mix your sugar and Splenda together in a bowl and set aside.

In a mixing bowl, mix the egg whites, cream of tartar and the vanilla extract until soft peaks form.

Once soft peaks have formed you can start mixing in the sugar/Splenda mix 1 Tbsp at a time until it is all incorporated. Then add in the cocoa powder and mix just until blended.

Drop cookies by spoonful onto the lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.

Number of Servings: 20 cookies @ 20 calories each

Coconut Meringue Cookies

1 - ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
2 egg white
¼ teas. Vanilla
Dash of salt
2/3 cup sugar (I used no calorie sugar substitute, Erythritol)
Same instructions as above except fold in coconut after beating
Bake 323 for 18-20 min. (Not long enough in my over)
Using no calorie sugar makes 21 cookies @ 26 calories each, Yum!
These didn't call for cream of tartar but I think I'll put it in next time.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 12-23-2008 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:09 PM   #108  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello Gals. I'm at DS's place now. We left a day early to avoid the snow storm. It snowed heavy this morning and then turned to rain where we are. I think it just snowed at home. I went out to the stores this morning around 10:30 and there weren't many people about then but as the weather changed to rain the malls were crowded. I was just having a bit of time to myself and not really doing any serious shopping. Tomorrow we go to the big city of St. John's and hit real malls and box stores. I'll need a foot transplant by tomorrow night.

I had a heck of a time getting on here because I forgot my password and couldn't get to my email because I didn't use an online email server when I registered. I finally sent for a new password and phoned home and had DS#2 get into my email and send me the link to my online email account. What a run-around! But I'm finally here. I need this support away from home. Fortunately, DIL hasn't made too many cookies this year but I did have a small piece of fruit cake and a small piece of cherry pound cake. I'm still within my calories for today but I won't eat anything else today. I also got in a little exercise today. Got on the bike for nearly 40 minutes while watching the Food network on TV, ha, ha.

Bobbi, so sorry about your little cat. We certainly miss our pets when they leave us.

Karen3, I had to laugh when I read that you were sending emails from Dash to your grandchild. I got an email from our grandcat this Christmas with his Christmas gift list included.

Well, must go and read and comment on a few more threads. Catch you all tomorrow.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:59 AM   #109  
Bobbi

Good Morning!
I finished all my baking yesterday, today I'll make the cheese ball for tomorrow. I must have eaten 4 or 5 coconut meringues yesterday, they were to die for. I have a feeling I'll be back to counting calories after the holiday, I weighed myself yesterday and I'm up 1 pound. I'm going to look around for a January challenge, it is a great motivator. The calories counting site usually has one plus I'd still like to post on the accountability thread if we have one. I see Isabella, Lily and I are the only people still hanging in there.
Isabella...When my cp was in the shop for repairs (5days) I ran into the same trouble. I tried getting on the site at my DD and couldn't remember my password. The only password I never forget is my ebay and paypal Everyone is so busy now with Christmas around the corner, take care everyone.
Quote:
I had a heck of a time getting on here because I forgot my password
Old 12-23-2008, 11:49 AM   #110  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hopefully, I will be back in the Accountability Thread for January. I know I'm going to need it even though I've been avoiding the scale this month.

Anyway . . . the good news is that things are once again moving in Nova Scotia -- it's even sunny out there. The bad news, of course, is that another storm is moving in tomorrow evening and it's supposed to turn mild and rainy for Christmas Day. I hate rain on Christmas. I would be surprised though if one day managed to wash away all our current snow.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:48 AM   #111  
Isabella

Hi all. Had a marathon shopping trip with my pregnant DIL. She was really tired by the time we got home but we went grocery shopping after supper so we're all set for Christmas day. I made a few shortbread cookies and cupcakes after we got home. DIL wants a chocolate trifle for Christmas dessert so I baked one layer and the rest of the batter into cupcakes.

They have chips here. Need I say more?

DS#2 and his fiance are coming tomorrow night and will be here until the weekend. We'll be leaving on Monday ourselves.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #112  
Bobbi

Happy Christmas Eve everyone!
Old 12-24-2008, 09:18 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Merry Christmas everyone! Karen3
Old 12-24-2008, 10:41 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! Enjoy Your Family And Friends!!
Old 12-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #115  

Height: 5'1"

Merry Christmas to Everyone!
Old 12-24-2008, 12:50 PM   #116  

Height: 5' 8"

A very merry and blessed Christmas to one and all! And a happy Hanukkah to our friends who are of the Jewish faith!

DH and I are headed out across the desert once again to go see his family in California. Quite honestly, I would have preferred to stay home but since both his mom & dad are now in their 80s.....

I'm very likely have to join you all for that accountability thread in January! I've been just so lax in everything pretty much all month. You'd think with all this free time I'd be exercising even more but instead I'm getting involved in all my little projects and forgetting altogether I'm counting on it being easier once I get started on my new job and get back into a routine again.

Kind of decided to let myself indulge a little the next couple of days then get back on my regular measuring and logging my food as soon as we get home (should be Saturday weather permitting). Also bought myself a new exercise ball for Christmas - going to try the idea of using it to sit on when I'm on the computer and see if it helps my sad posture.

Thanks for the recipes Bobbi - I'm looking forward to giving them a try.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:27 PM   #117  

Merry christmas everyone..have a great holiday with the ones you love..rosey
Old 12-24-2008, 03:02 PM   #118  
Isabella

Merry Christmas all. I know we all know the words to "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas but did you know the writer Hugh Martin penned new words some years ago. Here are the words that I found online at http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/jon/061222

Have Yourself a Blessed Little Christmas
Christmas future is far away/ Christmas past is past/ Christmas present is here to stay/ Bringing joy that will last/

Have yourself a blessed little Christmas/ Christ the King is born/ Let your voices ring upon this happy morn'/

Have yourself a blessed little Christmas/ Serenade the earth/ Tell the world we celebrate the Savior's birth/

Let us gather to sing to Him/ And to bring to Him our praise/ Son of God/ And a friend of all/ To the end of all our days/

Let us all proclaim the joyous tidings/ Voices raised on high/ Send the carols soaring up into the sky/

This very merry blessed Christmas lullaby/

Son of God/ And a friend of all/ To the end of all our days/

Sing hosanna's hymns and hallelujahs/ As to Him we bow/ Make the music mighty as the heavens allow/

And have yourself a blessed little Christmas/ Have yourself a merry little Christmas/ Have yourself a blessed little Christmas night.

Source: Hugh Martin Interview

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!!!

And a Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate the Festival of Lights.

Last edited by retiredone; 12-24-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:23 PM   #119  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Happy Holidays to you all and your families

Take care
Old 12-25-2008, 06:44 AM   #120  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

May you all have a wonderful day full of happiness and joy . . .
Closed Thread