Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 10:44 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone has a quick recovery from yesterday. I'm eating out again today - wish me luck.

Lynn
Old 11-28-2008, 10:55 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning all....gee Wednesday felt like Saturday, Thursday felt like Sunday and therefore today is Monday.

The dinner with the cousins went well and they left way before dark. Claudia talks nonstop into her chest. She doesn't breathe or expect answers just talks endlessly. Occasionally her DH yells shut up and she takes a breath. My DH swears they are my family but he can't give them away.

Am not having anything Thanksgivingly for dinner today. Am birdied out.

Off to the bridge table. Happy Black Friday shopping. Yuck, I'd die before I ventured into a mall today. Hugs, Karen3
Old 11-28-2008, 04:48 PM   #153  

Hi all.. my thanksgiving was wonderful..lots of food but didn't overdo it..having family with me was the best..my dd's went to the earlybird sales..they got up at 4am to be in the stores by 5 ..i used to do this too but im a bit tired from yesterday so stayed home with the grkids..my dh is pulling them on sleds behind his 6 wheeler as we speak..im truly blessed with a great loving family and good friends (((hugs)) rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 11-28-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:14 PM   #154  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5 2

Hi!
We had 15 people eating at my brothers house and it was very relaxing. My brother has been divorced for 25 years and he/spouse kindly invited his ex wife/spouse over to join in the festivities. They live out of state and it's always a problem of dividing the 3 kids/grandkids between them and who's going where. So they settled it by all getting together in one house. Works for everyone as we still like our nieces/nephew mom and enjoy seeing her too. I ate everything, but not big portions. The only place where I pigged out was on dessert. I ate 1/3 piece strawberry cheesecake, 1/2 piece chocolate, gooey dessert and 1/2 slice pumpkin pie. (I didn't eat the crust). I was up 1/2 pound this morning but it's probably just salt retention. Lynn...that article you posted was great,
Quote:
The fact is, overeating on holidays isn't a bad thing; it may actually be good for your diet in the long run. On the morning after, don't feel guilty; just get back on the wagon. You've had your fun, just like everyone else, and now you can resume your quest knowing that you didn't miss a thing.
Amen!
I went out to Wal*Mart this morning and purchase a new Kodak camera, now I'm going to attempt to set it up on my pc. I can't talk DH into doing it, drats!
Old 11-29-2008, 09:52 AM   #155  

2 days of eating wrong & I'm up 4 lbs! Yuk, back to eating right today.

Lynn
Old 11-29-2008, 11:33 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning....Better man than me Lynn...Didn't climb on the scale to see the bad news, but clothes not fitting right....sighhhhhhhhhhhhh. Karen3
Old 11-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #157  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Still here . . . mostly. Our snow is gone again and the temperatures have been running above normal again. At least today is mostly sunny. I'm finally finished with the 'job' and so sick of looking at the computer it's amazing. Now I need to get back to Christmas organizing stuff.

As happened at this time last year, once again almost everyone seems to be fizzling out on their accountability logging so think I'll skip making a thread for it for December. I know my December will be full of nasty stuff.

My November has not been too bad all things considered but I am definitely up a pound. At least my blood sugar is doing pretty well so I'll just have to be happy with that for now I guess.

See you later, gang . . .
Old 11-29-2008, 05:26 PM   #158  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

NO DECEMBER ACCOUNTABILITY THREAD??? What am I going to do? Can't you just put it up for me. It keeps me on track. Pleassssssssssssssssse.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:36 PM   #159  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Your wish is my command, ISABELLA . . . who knows, maybe I'll get brave enough by Monday to join you . . . I certainly do agree that it definitely helps me too.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:55 PM   #160  
Bobbi

I don't want to lose anymore but I do want to keep my exercise up and maybe water, I'll join the December thread if you post it.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:29 PM   #161  

Hi Everyone,

I'm in - posted my spot on the thread.

Lynn
Old 11-29-2008, 09:04 PM   #162  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm feeling out of control the last few days and I really need the accountability thread. It's all the wedding cake samples that I baked along with cheesecake. And I have more to bake for Christmas. I'm my sister's official Christmas baker. She doesn't bake which might account for her slim and trim figure all these years. But she loves cherry pound cake and I always bake her one along with a light fruit cake and several different kinds of cookies. So I need to be accountable.

I'm sleep deprived too which doesn't help any either. Back on track tomorrow with a good night's sleep hopefully.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:29 AM   #163  
Bobbi

Isabella.........Congratulations on the November Thanksgiving challenge, down 4 pounds! Looks like we're 'even steven', I'm so competitive and wanted to beat you. I was down 4.5 before Thanksgiving but can't seem to rid myself of that half pound so this A.M. I'm stalled at 4 pounds. I think you've accomplished a good run so far, you're down 50 pounds and only 12 to go. The homeward stretch If you have to taste some of your baked goods, don't swallow!
Quote:
I'm feeling out of control the last few days and I really need the accountability thread.
Meowee...Thanks for starting the Dec. Accountability thread, I also posted the new Dec. Golden Girls thread.
The ground is covered with ice and snow this morning so I'll be slipping and sliding to Church this morning. Catch ya all later!

Last edited by meowee; 12-01-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Closed Thread