Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 06:36 PM   #16  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Re: Peanut butter. I love the smart balance brand...
I was never a peanut butter fan (unless it was coated in chocolate!) but now have peanut butter daily with no sugar fudgesicle and cool whip...

I also like the smucker's all natural and the stuff at the health store too, but I just LOVE the Smart Balance chunky kind.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:40 AM   #17  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Morning All!
Happy election day, thank goodness it'll be over tomorrow! I spied this recipe this morning and the reviews were quoted as "Very Good".
I won't put it in the recipe section because it gets missed there. One of the review ladies didn't use the oatmeal packets so she just used quick oats and added a little more brown sugar.

Quote:
Gooey and Sweet Baked Apple Treat

Ingredients

2 Cups sliced apple (peeled and cored)
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
3 tsp Brown Sugar
1/4 cup water
1 pkg Quaker Instant Oatmeal 33% less sugar (Brown Sugar Cinnamon flavor) Not Prepared

Nutritional Info

Fat: 0.7gCarbohydrates: 21.8gCalories:90.6Protein: 1.0g

Core and slice apples and place in baking dish. Combine brown sugar and water and pour over apple slices. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with cinnamon and Instant Oatmeal. Bake, uncovered for 15 minutes at 425F. Remove from oven and stir. Return to oven for an additional 10 minutes. Serve immediately or allow to cool before serving. Makes four servings.

Number of Servings: 4
Old 11-04-2008, 09:30 AM   #18  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

That sounds like a quick dessert.

Happy Election Day to all my American friends. I guess everyone will be glued to the tv tonight to see the results.

I was at a bridal shower last night but didn't do too much damage. I munched on the vegetable and fruit tray but did have 2 small cookies and 2 egg salad sandwiches. It's amazing how many calories are in 2 small cookies and a couple of sandwiches. I didn't go over my calorie allowance but the fat grams were way up. I didn't get in all my water either. I lost count and then I didn't want to drink too much before I went out and when I got home I decided I didn't want to get up 3 or 4 times during the night to pee.

It's really cold here the last few days but I think I heard the weather announcer say the temps were going up a few degrees later on the week. It'll still be cold though.

Well, have a good day. Must go exercise.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #19  

Height: 5' 8"

Happy election day (FINALLY!)
Still around just been way busy. Doing really well as far as healthy food choices but sometimes not getting in enough calories. Just horrible with the exercise though and it's got the scale stuck (and I'm starting to feel squishy ) Really need to recommit to making exercise a top priority again!
Hope all of you are doing great!
Old 11-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #20  

Morning everyone from snowy alaska..ive been busy wrapping up my early xmas gifts becuz my closets are full and everythings on my dining rm table..well the grkids and dd's will be here for thanksgiving so needed to deal with the gifts..so i wrapped them listening to a xmas tape..and now i feel all xmasy..im wearing a new set of jammy pants and a t shirt..ive never been brave enuf to wear something like this and its 3 sizes smaller than my used to be size and have not worn a t-shirt since my teens..it feels great..hope u all have a wonderful day (((hugs))) rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 11-04-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #21  
Isabella

Yoyo, get moving. You've only got a few more pounds to go.

Rosey, WTG on the pajamas. I love wearing pjs with a t-shirt around the house. I have a friend who starts with the Christmas music by this time too. Maybe, I'll break out a cd and have a listen too. No snow this way but pretty cold.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:38 PM   #22  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Another dull day in just about every sense of the word -- good day to get some stuff done around the house.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:01 AM   #23  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi . . .

A little dull looking this morning but it is mild and getting milder and the sun is supposed to come out shortly.

Good day for my trip to the Periodontist -- since we don't have one locally, this always turns into an almost all-day event.

See you later . . .
Old 11-05-2008, 08:38 AM   #24  
Bobbi

Good Morning!
Meowee, you sound like you need some cheering up. Go buy yourself something new for yourself after your appointment today.
Quote:
Another dull day in just about every sense of the word -- good day to get some stuff done around the house

Rosey...what fun (wrapping gifts). We're going to be in a mess over Christmas, all the master bedroom furniture has to be moved out into the living room so carpenters can put in new hardwood floors. We're also putting hardwood in the hall way and new marble like tile in bathroom. We've lived here 23 years with the same old pink tile on the bathroom floor, yuk! About time!
Isabella... We've had record breaking temps here, yesterday was in the middle 70's which is unheard of for this time of year. I hung out two more loads of clothes, yeah!
Yoyo...I hear ya about not getting in enough calories, that happens to me all the time. I didn't exercise the whole 4 months it took me to lose the bulk of my weight. But after adding some light exercise the last few pounds finally came off. I decided to keep using the 5 pound (each) dumbells just because I've lost soooooooooo much strength in my hands. Lately I've had problems snapping off the plastic top to my "Pam" spray, so I just leave it off. What an old fart I turned out to be.
Quote:
Doing really well as far as healthy food choices but sometimes not getting in enough calories. Just horrible with the exercise though and it's got the scale stuck
Cat...What do you do, smear the peanut butter on the fudgesicle?

Quote:
Baking Substitutions

Making meals count is important. Meals should be satisfying, good tasting, pleasing to the eye, nutritious, and have a texture that is pleasing to your palate. Otherwise, you WILL feel deprived. The good news? It is easy to modify some of your favorite recipes by using the sensational substitutions listed below--no one will even notice the difference!

Instead of...Try...1/2 cup oil, butter or margarine1/4 cup applesauce + 1/4 cup canola oil, butter, or margarine
1 egg2 egg whites
Sweetened condensed milk Nonfat sweetened condensed milk
Evaporated milk Evaporated skim milk
1 cup chocolate chips 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, chopped dried fruit, or chopped nuts Frosting Sliced fresh fruit with a dusting of powdered sugar
Sour cream Nonfat sour cream, low-fat sour cream, pureed low-fat cottage cheese
Whole milk Skim milk
Cream cheese Low-fat cream cheese
Sugar Artificial sweetener for some or all (follow manufacturer's directions); 1/4 to 1/2 less sugar in the recipe

Last edited by Bobbolink; 11-05-2008 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #25  
Isabella

Good afternoon, chickies. Just finished eating my dinner (lunch) and am watching the news after the US election. It makes good tv watching.

I'm tired out from exercising but not today, I mean, all week, all month, all year. I suppose everyone feels that way sometimes. I'd like to change things up a bit next month. I'm looking into getting boxing gloves and some kind of bag. It's supposed to be a good cardio workout punching that bag and I'll bet somewhat satisfying, too.

Dull day here, too. The house is cold and I'm trying to get in a workout before I put in the wood furnace. Mom is snug under her electric throw so that's all right for her that she's not cold.

I've got to make a small batch of bread by this evening but I've got the side of my thumb sliced off with a sharp knife. Did it yesterday and boy did it bleed at first. I had 4 bandages on it and I could hardly type as it was my space bar thumb. Much better this morning and I'm down to 1 bandaid. I suppose I'll do the bread in my mixer and hope for the best.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #26  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning all, WE've had such beautiful weather this week. Sunny, in the 70's. I guess it's Indian summer. I know it won't last long, it's supposed to snow Sunday, so i'm outside as much as possible while it's here. I picked my Gd up from school yesterday and we went out to lunch and to the park for 2 hours. Want some good exercise? chase after a 5 year old for 2 hours!

Cat, I love peanut butter but haven't tried that brand yet. I also had someone in the store telling me how great it was. It's going to be my next jar.

Isabella, Yeah, me too! There are days I just "don't wanna" exercise! I think motivation is a big let down. Motivation comes and goes. Habit is the force that keeps us going. Changing to a new exercise usually does the trick, even if it's just a new video.

Bobbi, I'm taking advantage of this beautiful weather by hanging my cloths outside to line dry. I know it's good for "green" but I just love the way they smell afterwards! I have the cleanest sheets around in the summer time, beacuse i change them so often! I just want that fresh washed smell. It just totally relaxes me. I trried to go online for the powdered peanut butter but lost the linc. I know you posted it once, mind posting it again? I eat it so much, and if there is only a 4 jar limit, that wouldn't last me too long. How is teh consistancy? I know you said it tasted great.

YoYo, Made that commitment to get out there and exercise yet? You know we're going to remind you untill you do! Maybe you need a change too? I wish I had your problems of not getting enough calories! But, I guess any problem is a problem.

Rossie, Christmas presents? You're wrapping Christmas presents? Noooooo, it's can't be that time allready! I need to get out there and start shopping. I usually have some things done allready, but this year I have NOTHING!

Freda
Old 11-06-2008, 09:08 AM   #27  
Isabella

I found boxing gloves in the basement. The boys used to have them but now they're MINE. I'll let you know how it goes. Gone to finish my exercise. A big to everyone.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:13 AM   #28  
Bobbi

Freda...just google Bell Plantation and you'll find their home page. They have a place where you can put your area code in and find a store to find it. I just did and see they have it at my local Hy_Vee store, I'm totally surprised as I've looked for it before.

Welcome to Bell Plantation, Inc. Let us start by saying - Thank You - for visiting us here at Bell Plantation, Inc.

You have found the home of the famous powdered peanut butter named PB2 ("Peanut Butter, second generation"), Extra Virgin Roasted Peanut Oil, and our newest product member - Chocolate PB2. All are made from high-quality peanuts that have been processed without the use of any chemicals.

PB2 has 85% less fat calories than regular peanut butter, is a good source of protein, and still maintains the full flavor of regular peanut butter. Essentially, the oil is "squeezed out" of roasted peanuts and what remains is our famous PB2! The same is done for our Chocolate PB2, except that high quality cocoa powder is added for the chocolate lovers out there.

Extra Virgin Roasted Peanut Oil is produced from peanuts which have been shelled, sorted, roasted, and pressed to remove the oil. The resulting extra virgin peanut oil has a distinct rich flavor and aroma.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #29  
Bobbi

Good Morning!
I got so excited that our local store carried PB2 so I called them. Nope! They don't have but she is looking into it. She wanted the code on the jar. I'll give you the code if you want to have your local grocery store look into it.
PB2
Bell Plantation
Tifton, Ga 31794
Code: 8 0487904813 8
Freda, in answer to your question, it's very good. I prefer chunky peanut butter, but I'll settle for creamy for only 53 calories in 2 Tablespoons. Yesterday I mixed two servings of PB 2 powder into some instant banana pudding, yum! The peanut butter alone has a creamy texture and taste just like the real thing. I see they have chocolate too, can't wait to try that!
Do any of you heat up food in plastic containers? I used to but not anymore. See the following article about it.
Quote:
3 Unhealthy Ways to Cook
Yesterday we discussed healthy ways to cook; today we cover some unhealthy cooking methods you will want to cut back on or avoid entirely.
Deep frying. Deep frying traditionally uses unhealthy fats, and reusing cooking oils (or eating foods cooked in oils that have been reheated) can form the toxin HNE which has been associated with increased risks of cardiovascular disease, stroke, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, Huntington's disease, various liver disorders, and cancer.

Microwaving in plastic. Heating or cooking foods in plastic containers or covered by plastic wrap in the microwave can drive plastic molecules into your food. Use only glass or ceramic containers and cover foods with waxed paper or a paper towel.

Grilling with charcoal. Potentially hazardous and carcinogenic smoke is produced when you grill hot dogs, hamburgers and chicken over charcoal. Instead, use a gas or electric grill to eliminate the smoke hazard - if you do use charcoal, avoid using lighting fluid or self-lighting packages of charcoal briquettes which add residues from toxic chemicals to food.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:53 AM   #30  

Height: 5' 8"

Wow, am I out of whack this week. Might actually be getting enough exercise with all the running up and down the warehouse, lifting boxes, packing up, etc. Between all this real live physical labor and the time change, by the time I get home it's dark and I'm completely pooped. All I want to do is crawl into bed. Haven't done a load of laundry or swept the floor all week; and I haven't even been making my lunches so, in the morning, I'm ending up scrounging whatever doesn't need to be chopped. I've got to be very careful that I don't back slide any further - thank goodness my healthy shopping has become almost second nature so at least what I'm scrounging isn't horrid but not terribly balanced (today I've got no fruit with me at all ). Getting to the point where I'm looking forward to being unemployed so I can get some rest....

Didn't take the time to read posts today so I hope everyone is well and happy
Closed Thread