Old 09-23-2008, 12:50 PM   #166  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Good afternoon Chickies and welcome back Meowee. Sounds like you had a great trip.

We have a lovely sunny fall day-not warm but not too chilly either. No leaves turning yet but the first hard frost will solve that. We've had some frost but nothing significant enough to start the leaves turning color. Canadian Thanksgiving is on the 13th of October and the leaves will be in full color (Or should I say colour, talking about Canadian Thanksgiving?) by then.

Bobbi, I don't know if I've slowed down on my weight loss or if I was on a mini plateau. I'll know this weekend if I lose another pound I'm on my regular loss schedule. I'm almost out of the 150s and I can't weight (ha, ha). You must be nearly at goal by now and that's probably why your weight loss has slowed down. I read the accountability thread everyday, too.

Yoyo, I'm like you when it came to eating wild game. I'm vegetarian now but when I ate meat I could never really enjoy eating moose and very seldom did. I could always picture the creature standing in a field munching away on the grass (or some such image). If it came from the supermarket I could eat it just fine. So while you gals are eating and enjoying your moose burgers I'll throw a veggie burger on the grill .

Eileen, thanks for your encouragement. One pound is great for me. I'm always pleased with a one pound loss. You, on the other hand, are just melting off the pounds.

I'm off in a few minutes to ride my exercise bike to nowhere. Have a great day.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all...I am finally rested. Yesterday was a wasted day. Went to the skin doc and got some brown spots freeze dried. Ouch! Did the Sunday grocery shopping and then took a long nap. Back in the routine today. But hey did any of you watch dances with stars last night. Clrois Leachmen danced and I think she is 81??? or more!

Bobbi...I haven't weighed in this month. Decided to do every few weeks instead of driving self crazy. Probably didn't do well this month as the calories intake has been on the low side...hmmmm is that really me saying that???

Not only have we lived on wild game for years, but also had a farm where we raised our own cattle and hogs for freezer. My kids would name the animal and then when we had company love to ask if this was...Sophia or LBJ (little black joe) Angus steers. Lost many a guest! Cooked vension like veal and pheasant like chicken. Made alot of elk and moose sausage. Favorite way to to breaded thin slices of game and serve with green beans marinated in Italian dressing. Always made extra for next day meal and never had leftovers.

DD just called...gotta go make arrangement for our trip. Hugs, Karen3

ps...some day I'll tell you about Dh's other lady. A 400+lb sow named Sally.

Last edited by Karen3; 09-23-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:09 AM   #168  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning!
I didn't get a chance to fill in my "Accountability" last night, we had lots of much needed rain. The lightning was awesome, huge bolts that went straight down into the earth. I made a dash for my beloved computer, shut it down and unplugged everything. I lost all my photos when my cp crashed a few years ago so now I'm pretty careful. How about the rest of you, do you shut down your pc/unplug during bad weather?

Isabella...I think mini plateau are quite common once we get closer to goal weight. I'm stuck again but it doesn't bother me anymore because I can fit all my clothes and jeans. The scale is just a number, what's important is how I feel and how comfortable I'm in my clothes.
Quote:
Bobbi, I don't know if I've slowed down on my weight loss or if I was on a mini plateau. I'll know this weekend if I lose another pound I'm on my regular loss schedule. I'm almost out of the 150s and I can't weight (ha, ha). You must be nearly at goal by now and that's probably why your weight loss has slowed down. I read the accountability thread everyday, too.
This is from Dr. Weil this morning.
Quote:
Five Steps to Avoid Overeating

Food should bring pleasure and satisfaction, but eating in excess often also brings unnecessary calories, which can lead to unwanted weight gain. Use these simple tactics to limit your caloric intake while still enjoying your meals.
1. Choose fiber-rich fruits and vegetables for appetizers, eat high-calorie foods sparingly, and avoid dishes high in saturated fat and sodium.
2. Be aware of what you eat. To help prevent overindulging focus on the act of eating don’t watch television, surf the Internet or indulge in other distractions. And eat slowly; it takes 20 minutes for the stomach to signal the brain that you are full.
3. Don't starve yourself all day to justify eating more at dinner. Eating a satisfying breakfast can ward off the temptation to overindulge later in the day.
4. Get up from the table when you're done, in order to avoid nibbling.
5. Once your meal is over, take a walk to help digest your food and think about what a wonderful meal you just had.
Karen3...My calories suck too, it's so hard to get them up to a healthy number. I usually eat something before going to bed, I check what ever % is low and then eat according to that. I'm sure yesterday's calorie are going to be lower than usual since I had everything shut down last night. I'll have go work on updating everything now.
You all have a great day!
P.S. How many of you take daily vitamins and what do you take?
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:31 AM   #169  
Isabella

I always shut down and unplug everything during a thunder and lightning storm. I've never had a problem with it but I'd rather be on the safe side.

I take an age 50+ multi-vitamin and a vitamin D every day just to be sure I'm getting everything. We don't get enough direct sun rays even in the summer to supply a sufficient amount of vitamin D so it's recommended to take at least 400 mg but 1000 mg is better. The multi-vitamin is to cover trace minerals and some vitamins that I know I'm not getting. I started giving them to DH also.

We're getting cold rain today so I won't get out to do any exercise so I'm house bound to do something inside. Must go and get DH his dinner.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:43 PM   #170  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh boy -- too many aircraft and airports I guess because I've come down with a crummy 'end-of-summer' cold. Sneezing and coughing and throat so tender I can hardly swallow. Yuck.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:18 PM   #171  
Isabella

It's all that recycled air in the airports and planes. You almost need a filter mask when flying. I'm sneezing myself today but I don't think it's a cold.

Gone to get me some supper. I'm ready for a big meal.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:28 PM   #172  

Height: 5' 8"

Hiya

Busy, busy, busy around here trying to organize to get things shipped to the new distribution center. Someone in high places is apparently clueless and a very poor planner.

Hmmm, looks like I'm not the only one having a few challenges getting in enough food for the day - I'm forever having to grab a serving of nuts or something at the very end of the day to keep myself above 1200 calories. Remember not so long back, we were all wanting to nibble all day and our scales were stalled? Do you think it might be the change of seasons again? After all, if we were prehistoric (I mean for real - not just the way we feel when we get up in the morning ) we would have been stuffing ourselves all summer but now that the natural growing season is over (in our little corner of the world anyway) we would need to start "gearing down" and preparing to live off all that fat we stored when the food was plentiful. Be nice if those sluggish scales would prove my theory huh?

I'll try to get back for personals a little later but, if I miss you, have a spectacular day
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:52 AM   #173  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Bob, I always unplug my computer when it gets "electrical" outside. Even with a ups, I don't take the chance. I also have a back up system that backs up everything on my computer off site daily. Worth the 50 bucks a year to me. I was always scared of losing client files. (they didn't seem to ever keep records of their passwords, so I made sure they were safe!)

Nothing fun here to report on...just school, home, school, home. yawn. We decided we needed a break and are heading to the French Quarter on Saturday to a restaurant that is just now reopening since K. Should be a lot of fun.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:05 AM   #174  
Bobbi

Yoyo...I often eat nuts at the end of the day to get my calories up. Last night I had peanut butter pudding topped with a whole serving of peanuts (28grams). It felt like cheating!
The caveman/woman didn't have to exercise, just think of all the work they did. How would you like to skin and tan a hide, then sew together for clothing! I'm sure they were pretty skinny by the end of winter, they burned calories just trying to stay warm. Makes me appreciate Ebay, Microwave ovens and plentiful food.

Quote:
Hmmm, looks like I'm not the only one having a few challenges getting in enough food for the day - I'm forever having to grab a serving of nuts or something at the very end of the day to keep myself above 1200 calories. Remember not so long back, we were all wanting to nibble all day and our scales were stalled? Do you think it might be the change of seasons again? After all, if we were prehistoric (I mean for real - not just the way we feel when we get up in the morning ) we would have been stuffing ourselves all summer but now that the natural growing season is over (in our little corner of the world anyway) we would need to start "gearing down" and preparing to live off all that fat we stored when the food was plentiful. Be nice if those sluggish scales would prove my theory huh?
Cat... I put all my passwords on my word processor, then printed them out. I have so darn many, it would be nice if they were all the same but that's dangerous. I deleted them off my computer too!

Today I dropped another pound, I have a graph chart on my refrigerator so it's easy to see at a glance how I'm actually doing. I just got off back to back plateaus, 11 days on the first one and exactly 11 days on the second one. So I predict another pound off in 11 more days. I circled October 5th on my calendar. We'll see.
Karen3,I wish I wasn't so impatient and be more like you.
Quote:
Bobbi...I haven't weighed in this month. Decided to do every few weeks instead of driving self crazy. Probably didn't do well this month as the calories intake has been on the low side...hmmmm is that really me saying that???

Karen31...where are You? You haven't check into the "Accountability" thread lately.
My chickens are squawking, I better go let them out for the day, catch ya all later!
I'm getting my lumineers put on my teeth today, can't wait.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:34 PM   #175  
Onward and Downward

Hack, sneeze, gurgle, cough, snuffle . . . and repeat . . . that's it for me for today.

you all and really hope you can't pass cold germs to others through the computer.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:11 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all...and yes Linda you can pass the germs thru the computer cause I gave you mine. You know what they say about a cold you can treat it and it will last a week or not treat it and it will last seven days.

It must be Fall. Opened the house up today and have a lovely breeze blowing thru. Dash is beside himself with new sounds and smells. Sorry for you all up the coast as the breeze is the bottom of your storm.

Cooked a turkey Monday and have been making such easy meals all week. Feel like I've had a vacation from the kitchen. Don't know why I don't do turkey more often. Specially since I only like white meat. Stuck in apple chunks instead of stuffing and coated the skin with olive oil and lemon pepper. The bird stays moist and house smelled heavenly....just ask Dash.

The pool pump got sick this morning and waiting for service to call. So no swimming for a few days. Somehow weight lifting on land don't feel as good.

Take care and hugs, Karen3
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:09 PM   #177  
Isabella

Not much on the go today. Did my exercises and I'm watching The Biggest Loser-Australia on YouTube. I can't get the regular show on tv or online so I'm enjoying the YouTube show. The only drawback is that each show is broken up in about 10 minute segments and just as I get settled down to watch I have to upload the next segment.

Meowee, take care of yourself. I hate colds. I haven't had one in a long time-years actually. I think I caught every strain of cold virus there is when I was teaching and actually became immune the last few years. I've had the sniffles that last two or three days but no full blown head cold. Mom is good that way also as she hasn't had a cold in several years. Maybe a bowl of chicken soup would help.

Karen3, bummer on the pool scene. Hope you get to splashing about again soon.

Have a great evening, chickies.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:58 AM   #178  
Bobbi

Morning Girls, busy day today. Take MIL to doctor this morning and this afternoon take DD up to Minneapolis/St. Paul to pick up her new car. My grandson had their family car at a football game, a kid backed into it in the parking lot and totaled the car out! I saw this thread this morning, didn't take the time to read all of it but a good thing to print out.
Have a great day!

www.rd.com/living-healthy/50-weight-loss-s
ecrets-and-slim-down-tips-/article1926
Old 09-26-2008, 09:13 AM   #179  
Onward and Downward

This is the first cold I've had in quite awhile -- used to get them all the time when I was still working and spending far too much time in planes. Sore throat has died down a little, but still doing the sneezing and snuffling.

Nothing exciting on my agenda today . . . hope everybody else has a fun Friday . . .
Old 09-26-2008, 03:05 PM   #180  

Height: 5'1"

HI all, Lovely day here. Sun is shining, nice breeze...perfect day for walking outside. I 'm taking advantage because I know these days will soon be gone and i'll be walking on the treadmill again.

I marvel at all of you that have a hard time getting enough calories in. A problem I wish I could have, just for awhile.

colds seem to be going around right now. My DIL has a cold now too, first one in a long time. Must be that time of year.

take care, Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote