Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 11:51 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone. I'm getting ready to go over to the accountability thread but I didn't get my walk in on the treadmill or the Gazelle. My neighbors house was struck by lightening this morning and I've been helping her with her animals. Everybody is fine. Her house does have some damage to it but they are able to stay there. Not TV or phone but still very thankful. I made them dinner tonight and also just had to make homemade Brownies (comfort food you know) But I sent over half them back home with them. At least DH gets a little treat now. Anyway, back on track tomorrow!! Have a great night!
Old 08-17-2008, 12:34 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

hi all...well, boring took a flying leap. Governor announced a state of emergency because of Hurricane Fay. Most of the computer models show it coming right over us. Of course it is still just a tropical storm in Cuba. Since Sunday is my grocery shopping day, I went early before the rush for Tpaper, bread and water. I have had my supplies all checked out and just update every Spring. You know, batteries, canned food, candles.....but after 8 days powerless 3 years ago, I now have battery operated fans. Can't run the generator during the storm so the fans will keep me comfortable. have lots of frozen Qt bottles of water for coolers and a big chunk to stick in refrig to keep stuff cold there.

We'll stay home thru a Cat 2 but will go across town for #3 or above. High Tide is late afternoon and that means we have to pray if it comes it is at low tide so the surge is less. Will take us just a few minutes to pull in porch furniture and hanging pots. Pulled the boat yesterday. Even our shed is strapped down with hurricane straps so it won't fly away. Cooking Dash's dinners for a week and stuff for us that will keep and eat hot/cold.

We are on the west coast of Fl about 70 miles of Tampa. When you look at the map we're at the bottom of what they call the Big Bend. The little islands off our coast line look like arm hairs on the darn map. We'll wave to you all from the weather channel. All this for a storm that won't be here for 2 days....maybe???

Battened down the hatches...hugs, karen3
Old 08-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Karen-- Please stay safe and keep us posted on how things are going. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
Old 08-17-2008, 04:37 PM   #124  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hope Fay finds another way (far far away) and misses you entirely Karen.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:17 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 210/173/135

Height: 5'6''

"Evening Chickies

Sorry I've been MIA for a while. I had posted one other time since last Tuesday, but lost it and was too tired to reconstruct it.

Hope that all of you are well. Karen 3 you are so about life in the hurricane lane. I hope that you and DH are safe and sound.

Freda thanks for encouraging me to post more often, that's so sweet
of you.

Rosey keep up the good work, setting and making your own goals . You amaze me.

Life has been making me but things will slow down a bit this week. This weekend DH and I were the auctioneers for a local charity to protect the bay.
It was a new experience for both of us. We have volunteered before doing Earth Day coffeehouses for the same organization. I do the MC work and DH is among the performers. Anyway it was fun but busy, busy, busy weekend.
Today we went to our youngest DD's house (90 miles away) for a cook out.

Healthy food, so no problems and our other children came with their families too , so nice to be able to be together.

I'll try to check in more this week. Tuesday will be interviewing a possible new counselor/therapist for work. If she is a good match, then we'll try to get her oriented ASAP. that should help with our being short- handed at work.

Well thanks for listening and everyone have a safe, fun, beautiful week.

Eileen
Old 08-18-2008, 12:42 AM   #126  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello chickies. Some of you have had more than busy weekends. Lightning strikes, hurricanes and charity auctions make for hectic times.

Karen31, your neighbors are fortunate to have you near to help. I can't imagine what it must be like to have my home struck with lightning.

Karen3, mom and I were watching the news and saw the path of the storm and where it's supposed to go. I thought of you immediately and hoped it wouldn't hit land but time will tell what will happen. You make it sound so "normal" to get ready for a hurricane. Will keep you all in my prayers.

Eileen, I've done a few charity dinners and benefit concerts so I know how busy you were, too.

I had a nice shopping expedition today and found a couple of tops half price off the half price sticker. One was a little short sleeved black sweater and the other was a black cotton/linen mix jacket. The jacket is a motivational buy because it's a size 9. It was so cheap that I bought it to wear after Christmas when my weight will be down even lower. It'll look great with jeans. I'm not even going to say "I hope my weight will be down" but I'm saying "It will be down!"
Old 08-18-2008, 09:45 AM   #127  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, Looks like it's going to be a really nice day here. I like to get out early and get my exercise. one, while it's still cool, two, because if I don't do it in the morning it usually don't get done. I get busy in the evening and can't find the time. Actually, don't make the time. We usually manage to fit in anything that is really important, and exercise is! Make it a priority!!

Karen3, You are being way too calm about he whole thing! But I guess you get used to it after about the millionth time, huh? Just keep safe! And you do sound really prepared.

Karen31, Sorry to hear that your neighbors home was damaged. Glad to hear that they were not injured. You are a good neighbor! I'm sure they will be sorry to see you go.

Eileen, Sounds like you have been very busy and having lots of fun! I hope the new therapist works out. I know what it's like working short.

Isabella, Don't you love shopping the sales and finding lots of good stuff? And the jacket will look lovely on you after Christmas when your weight is way down!

Make it a good day

Freda
Old 08-18-2008, 09:52 AM   #128  
Onward and Downward

Hey there . . .

Gorgeous summer day shaping up around here -- second one in a row -- -- sunny, great breeze, comfy temperatures and, most importantly of all, very little humidity.

In the Cat World -- Sandy and Blizzard were actually playing together yesterday and I'm beginning to think it's Dandy Sandy who has been using the bathtub. I put an inch of water in the bottom of the tub to dissuade the practice and so far he is the only one to show up with wet feet. Just hope he doesn't decide on a worse spot. Some cats just don't like to share the 'facilities'. Time will tell I guess.

Well, I'd better get myself moving and shaking . . . see you all later . . .
Old 08-18-2008, 10:42 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning...just a fly by. The computer models are still confusing on hurricane Fay....and now instead of Tuesday they say Wednesday. If it goes in around Ft Meyers we'll get some rain, maybe....if it stay out on the water longer we could get dumped on....Think that it is more hype from weather people for ratings than an actual problem. DH and I have lived on a flood plain for the past 26 yrs and always lived in hurricane country so we are careful, but mostly wait and see....Now there are some wonderful bloggers that have good insight into what is really happening and watch them for accurate predictions....and yeah have the National Hurricane Center in favorites.Sighhhhhhhhhhhh....just sit and wait.....guess am back to boring!
hugs, Karen3
Old 08-18-2008, 11:36 AM   #130  
jean

Greeting everyone!
I new to the group, have read most of this thread.
You gals give a lot on encouragement to each other. I would like to join with you.
Today I have to work our little county fair and tonight is weigh-in at TOPS.
Will write more later
hugs
jean
Old 08-18-2008, 12:03 PM   #131  
Onward and Downward

JEAN . . .
Old 08-18-2008, 06:25 PM   #132  
Isabella

Hi Jean. Welcome to our special Golden Girls thread and 3FC. This is the place to be to lose weight. I find if I check in every day I feel more inclined to stick with my program. And of course the Accountability thread up in the stickied area is another great motivational tool. Catch you later.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:54 PM   #133  

Height: 5' 8"

Hi all

Welcome Jean!

Not sure what happened - I posted this morning but it seems to have gone poof and now I can't remember what all I said

Karen3 you sound entirely too calm. The only natural disaster I've ever had to deal with are earthquakes and wild fires. Earthquakes you can't exactly plan for but with the fires, I was so NOT calm. Hope Fay blows herself out before she gets to you

OMG Karen31 was anyone home when the lightening hit? So glad nothing/nobody was injured but the appliances!

Think I'll just stick with my heat wave thank you very much!

Hope everyone is safe and comfy
Old 08-18-2008, 08:05 PM   #134  
Isabella

Today when I was rooting around in mom's closet I found a sundress I had bought about three years ago. It was too small when I bought it and I put it away to see if I could fit into it someday. Well, today is "someday" and I'm wearing it now. I always thought I'd wear it to school the last month I taught but it never fit even then when I was jogging 5k five times a week. Needless to say, I'm pleased.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:09 PM   #135  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Today when I was rooting around in mom's closet I found a sundress I had bought about three years ago. It was too small when I bought it and I put it away to see if I could fit into it someday. Well, today is "someday" and I'm wearing it now. I always thought I'd wear it to school the last month I taught but it never fit even then when I was jogging 5k five times a week. Needless to say, I'm pleased.
Woooo Hooooo Isabella!!!
Closed Thread