Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 10:56 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning...quick fly by...

Bobbie...yes I did my vegie soup in Fitday and the total yesterday was comsuming double soup(fresh pot), benefiber and cup and half of Fiber1. Not my normal fiber eating.Plus what every else was on the menu. It was overboard, but for a change at least it was "healthy". Must admit that I can't do that much daily....but sure wasn't hungry. Actually still full.

Off to bridge...hugs, Karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 06-27-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:48 PM   #167  

Evening all..Uhho...nobody's been here all day. Did a more normal eating pattern today and ended up with 45 grams of fiber. Phew my tummy thought I was about to start eating hay bales!

We have been a sleepy town since the snow birds left and starting Monday for 2 months every weekend will be busting the town seams. They have reopened the scalloping season for July and August. Bay scallops are okay but I love the big old Sea scallops. alot of work to get a meal diving for the quick little buggers.

Gotta check our bridge score...Hugs, Karen3
Old 06-27-2008, 11:27 PM   #168  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Evening all..Uhho...nobody's been here all day. Did a more normal eating pattern today and ended up with 45 grams of fiber. Phew my tummy thought I was about to start eating hay bales!
Karen3...You had me scared when you said you consumed 88 grams of fiber yesterday. I thought oh, no! She's going to get constipated! Yes, constipated as in blocked. You need the water to keep it passing through your intestines. It can back fire on you if you don't get a least 8 glasses of water. 45 grams sound perfect and isn't it amazing how full you feel all the time?
It is quiet today on the boards, I ran errands in the morning and hemmed three new pairs of capri pants. I hemmed them to just above my knee, I'm only 5'3" and the capri pants look like high water pants on me.
I'm going to listen to my favorite program on the radio in 7 minutes so I'll say good night to all you golden girls. It's a Christian station and Pastor Chuck Swindoll has a 25 minute sermon on Mon-Fri at 9:30, very interesting and he's a riot to listen to,
Old 06-28-2008, 08:23 AM   #169  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Another stormy day . . . and I have a weather induced headache.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #170  
Bobbi

Good Morning!
The sun was out when I let the chickens out this morning at 6:00am. It's just about 8 now and the sky is blue black and a second day of thunderstorms, lighting, etc. It's funny how sensitive our dog "Charlie" and our cat is to the weather. The cat hides under the chair and Charlie won't leave my side. Sometimes he'll go down into the basement and sit at the bottom of the stairs looking up at me. He has this worried expression on his face, you dog owners know what I'm talking about. He has a happy face too, especially when we're outside and he gets to run around our acreage.
Meowee... Sorry to hear of your sinus headache? I was going to blame you for our nasty Minnesota weather because we get Canadian storms sometime. I'm not that familiar with Canada, never been there. I googled a map and see Nova Scotia is in the extreme Eastern part so I take back my wicked thoughts of Nova Scotia.

We're invite to a Bar-Q tonight also. (My brother's house) I have two bros and two sisters and we still enjoy each other's company. I'm not sure what he's grilling, probably chicken, I'll have to watch my portion sizes too. I'm bringing a fresh fruit bowl with some light Strawberry yogurt in a bowl in the center. I had the produce guy pick out a seedless watermelon and some cantalope to add to the mixture. I splurged and bought some fresh cherries to add, just about $5.00 a pound!
I don't usually make anything with our rhubarb, my mom used to make Rhubarb Crunch which was delicious. Last week I harvested it all and made all those yummy recipes I posted on our recipe site and froze most of it. DH loves it on vanilla ice cream. It's growing back with a vengence, how long can you harvest it? Do you need to stop harvesting in the fall, late summer for protection in the winter?
Retiredone...
Quote:
Saturday evening we're having a family potluck (I'm sure I mentioned this before) that I'm looking forward to. I love family get-togethers. I've made 2 blueberry rhubarb pies and I'm in the process of making a strawberry rhubarb gelatin dessert. I'm also taking a big pot of barbequed beans and a small dish of vegetarian "meatballs" in a pineapple s&s sauce. There should be piles of food but I'll be careful and watch my serving sizes.
Lynn... Are you home yet from your geneology search? I love the Accountability thread, it has kept me aware of the calories I eat. As of this morning I've dropped 10 pounds since June 2nd. I'll probably not lose as much in the month of July, first weight always comes off faster when 1st starting a diet plan. I was in good shape (weight wise) last Oct-Nov, then stopped dieting due to stress with MIL among other things.
Hi to everyone else, have a slimming day!
Old 06-28-2008, 07:14 PM   #171  

Evening all...boy this place got quiet. Rushed around this am so would beat the afternoon storms. And they went completely around us. Even got 2 sessions in the pool. Just checked out my Fitday and have had another 45 gram fiber day. Yes, Bobbie am drinking tons of water. Thank you for watching out for me!

You all have heard me and my bridge playing. It keeps the brain working for sure. You play to accommunulate points which go towards your ranking. Usually a good kinda normal month I get 2-3 points....Well this month I have over 19 and still have Monday to go. I'm sure that part of that is better diet and less weight and improved well being. No wonder we have so many really old players.

Going to be a quiet 4th here. They have fireworks out on the Crystal Bay, but you need to be on a boat to see them, And coming home at 10pm with hundreds of drunk boaters is beyond stupid. We'll stay home and watch the local good'll boys shot off the rockets they buy at the road stands. In Florida you can only buy fireworks if you are a farmer and you want to scare birds away from crops...(wink wink!)

We also have roadside tent sales where you can buy a car/pickup no money down and full warrenty...if you can ever find them again. Do furniture that way too. They fixed the tomato scare....our tomatoes are now from Georgia.....yup (wink wink)

Well here I am rambling away talking to my self. hugs, karen3
Old 06-28-2008, 07:15 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hello Everyone,

I'm back from my trip. I've had a few REALLY bad eating days. Eating the right stuff - just too much of it!

Tomorrow, I'm back to the Accountability Thread & posting here EVERY day.

Lynn
Old 06-28-2008, 08:04 PM   #173  

HI All, Just popping in a min. to say hello. I had to work Friday but I was off this weekend. i was looking forward to seeing my grandkids play baseball but both games were called off because of the heavy rain the night before. And just as well, because it poured again just about the time the games would have started! I just get to see them every other weekend, so I really miss it.

Bobbi, Our little dog knows hours before it's going to rain. he starts pacing the floor and looking out the patio door. He's afraid of thunder storms and always gets anxious when it rains.

Karen, We don't go to the fireworks either. I hate driving home with that crowd on the road. so we usually stay home and watch them from the back yard with a few neighbors over.

Lyn, Glad to see you back, you were missed!

Freda
Old 06-28-2008, 08:46 PM   #174  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I'm back from the family potluck. My plan to eat a very light lunch did not work out as I enjoyed lunch so much I ate all my calories for the day and a few belonging to tomorrow's breakfast!! So at the potluck I brought all the food I had prepared, picked mom up a supper, said good by to everyone and came home and sent my husband to the hall to be with his family. I'm slightly peckish about now but as it's after 9 pm I'm going to wait until breakfast. So much for my well laid out plan.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:52 AM   #175  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . welcome home LYNN.

Good Morning to all . . .

Weather seems to be an instant replay of yesterday and the headache is still niggling around the edges of my brain. Luckily I have no great plans anyway.

Did manage to eat decently yesterday, but still have the water weight and puffy ankles; so guess this will be a day of slugging in extra water to see if I can move the lump.

See you later . . .
Old 06-29-2008, 11:57 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hi Everyone,

Just got back from the gym & finished working on my class. Have not yet had a chance to read everyone's posts from last week. Will do that a little later today.

Today is the 2nd anniversary of my DH's death. Feeling kind of down.

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 06-29-2008, 01:20 PM   #177  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Last night went from bad to worse. When everyone got back from the potluck they brought left-overs. I managed to eat 3 strawberry rhubarb squares and a piece of rhubarb blueberry pie before I was finished putting everything back in the frig. Must have consumed about 1800 calories yesterday. Oh, well, as Scarlet O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is another day."
Old 06-29-2008, 02:32 PM   #178  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Lynn

and more
Old 06-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #179  
Bobbi

Lynn,
May your special memories
be a comfort to you at this time.

A smile, a touch, a gentle laugh
remembered, a voice softly
whispered in the wind...

May the memories of your hubby
held deep within your heart
help to soothe your spirit at this time.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:19 PM   #180  

Lynn...Said a special prayer for you and that as this day passes your pain will ease. There is no such thing as time heals it just makes the hurt bearable. You know you have many friends here with hugs and support. Hang in Ole gal, this too will pass. Karen3
Closed Thread