Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 10:19 AM   #46  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Jo-annie, I will be here, there, and wherever you need a shoulder, a hug, or a listening post. Count on it.

Z
Old 02-05-2008, 01:15 PM   #47  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Jayjay55 I know what you are going through

I too am dealing with my mom being critically ill. She found out she had two types of cancer a week before Christmas. Her surgery was on January 15th. She has been in an unresponsive state since then due to having had a stroke and a blood clot. She is also receiving chemo therapy. She is in the ICU in Rochester, MN at the Mayo Clinic there.

I could not tell you if she will live or die at this point. As you know you take it one day at a time.

I do hope you reconsider posting here because I have found that it really has helped me especially since I can't afford to spend unlimited amounts of time being there with my Mom physically. You need to be supported as well as she does. Take care of yourself, ok?
Old 02-05-2008, 01:49 PM   #48  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Pam ~ I'm sorry to hear about your mom too. I can only imagine how hard that must be when you don't live nearby. Glad you can come here with us.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:31 PM   #49  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Old 02-05-2008, 05:05 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamatga View Post
I too am dealing with my mom being critically ill. She found out she had two types of cancer a week before Christmas. Her surgery was on January 15th. She has been in an unresponsive state since then due to having had a stroke and a blood clot. She is also receiving chemo therapy. She is in the ICU in Rochester, MN at the Mayo Clinic there.

I could not tell you if she will live or die at this point. As you know you take it one day at a time.

I do hope you reconsider posting here because I have found that it really has helped me especially since I can't afford to spend unlimited amounts of time being there with my Mom physically. You need to be supported as well as she does. Take care of yourself, ok?
Hi Pam,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I'm sending you sincere best wishes as you go through this difficult time.

Lynn
Old 02-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Pam, so sorry to hear about your Mom... Know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:49 PM   #52  

S/C/G: Temporary Goal - 186/180/156

Height: 5'3"

Smile

Hi all, I copied this from my introduction in the 50+ thread -- glad to be here too -- you guys sound like alot of fun, I like the thoughts in the poem in the beginning -- looking forward to this --

PERSONAL INFORMATION: Hi all. My name is Michele. I am 58 years old (Sept. 12, 1949). I am very surprised that I am this age -- I don't feel it (my sweet grandmother looked like an old woman and died of a heart attack at my age). I have been married to my husband John for 37 years, we have two sons, a daughter-in-law, and three grandsons! They all live near us here in New Jersey, and we see them often - we love being grandparents!

I am a retired teacher and school administrator, and recently just left a secretarial job after five years (it was a temporary job that went full time, and it was time for a change). Although I am enjoying my time off right now, I will probably be looking for something again, perhaps part-time, in the future. My husband is a retired policeman, who also still works full time security at a college nearby.

We have always had dogs, whom were always considered part of our family, but a few years ago, we adopted a cat, he stole my husbands heart. Alex runs our house, is very smart, and very spoiled!

I read alot right now, mostly true stories and biographies, and just dabble in some cross-stich and sometimes crocheting. We also go boating and are on the water alot in the summer.

DIET / EXERCISE REGIMEN: I belong to a gym, but haven't been there in months. I like the treadmills, elliptical, and wave machines, but hate the weight and floor exercises. Would like to get back into some aerobic classes while I have the free time (I like them too) -- to date, I have not gotten back yet I have lost and gained weight on almost every diet there is -- I have always been chunky since my teens, but always managed to stay around 160-170 until my early fifties, when I ballooned to 250. I had WLS in 2000, and now have managed to get back to 186 from 160 lbs. I count calories (sorta old WW) and am back to walking every day in the park or in the neigborhood. I am hoping to get motivated to get back to the gym. I am tracking my calories and exercises in a journal since Friday, Feb. 1. I have also been doing the 7 minute workout isometric exercises each day that I inherited from my sister. I will not weigh myself until this Friday. But I feel pretty good, and have been following a pretty good diet each day -- nothing drastic.

SPECIAL HOPES/ASPIRATIONS/ACHIEVEMENTS/CHALLENGES: I am hoping to get down to around 150, perhaps by June of this year. That is my temporary goal for now. I don't need to be thin, just a healthier version of myself. I would like to get involved in a group like this to give and get support -- I really do believe that support is the key to successful healthier lifesytle habits.

Good to read about all of you!! Thanks for listening.

Michele
Old 02-05-2008, 07:28 PM   #53  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Michele, WELCOME! I am glad you found us. We're here to support you in your struggles and to be supported by you in ours.

Pam, that sounds like a very difficult situation with you Mom. Our prayers and best wishes are with you and your family.

Everyone else - it's good to read your posts. Wishing all of you well,
Old 02-05-2008, 07:51 PM   #54  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Pam, I will continue to keep your mom and your entire family in my prayers!

Michele - WELCOME (I'm new too) Our cat (Chloe) runs our house as well

Lynn - I am another one in the hate to buy gas for my car camp. DH walks to work (pretty much year-round). I need my car for work during the school year, but I walk all summer. We walk everywhere we can, and combine trips when we need to use the car.

Yucky weather again today - ice pellets this morning, so we had a 2 hr delay for school. More snow expected tonight.

I hope everyone is doing well and is POP!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:09 PM   #55  

Thanks, Birgit -- I think I will enjoy this!!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:12 PM   #56  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Me too on gas usage. Now that my company moved to the same town I live in, I walk to work almost every day. Often a week goes by without me having needed to take my car out of the garage. I love it!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:18 PM   #57  

ha ha. CountingDown, it's amazing -- we have never had a cat before -- my husband was always allergic -- this cat manipulates us like no dog ever did -- we are shocked sometimes -- he will scratch furniture to go out, to eat, to go to the cellar -- anything to get our attention -- and, we do whatever he wants!!!!???? Thanks for replying -- Michele
Old 02-06-2008, 08:14 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

Welcome Michele.

I went to the gym this morning, but was too tired to do much. I ended up walking around the track for 20 min. Will have to complete my 60 min tonight on the Elliptical.

I am not sleeping bc of my shoulder. I think the PT is making it worse instead of better. Maybe I'll go to my doctor & see if a shot of cortisone might help. Today, I'm off to scrapping.

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 02-06-2008, 09:27 AM   #59  
Lifetime Loser

Pam, I am sure it is so hard not being with your Mother. You have my prayers. Yes, one day at a time and she will get stronger!

Lynn, wow I was hoping your shoulder would be so much better by now. Take it easy with it until you talk to the Dr.

Welcome Michele, you'll love it here...

Well back on the straight and narrow with the Flat Belly Diet. I am only up 1 lb. so I'm determined, stocked up the frig again with healthy foods....going to be a GOOD week!

Phyllis
Old 02-06-2008, 10:14 AM   #60  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everybody . . .

Another yucky weather day -- think I've got a bit of SAD related depression going on here -- I am so tired of this Winter. Oh well, this too will pass. Overall, nothing keeps me down for too long.

MICHELLE . . . so glad to have you with us. As most of the others know, I have 5 cats and each and every one of them knows how to manipulate me, each in their own fashion -- a couple ignore me unless they get their own way; one just loves me to death until I give in to him; one (the calico in my avatar) just does what she wants anyway; and the oldest one gives out with a lot of 'cattitude' (including hissing and growling at me and all the others). Live is never dull.

Have a great day, gang . . . back later, I hope.
Closed Thread