S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Rosey...you are in my prayers.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:09 AM   #257  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Rosey,

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family ~ safe travels.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:10 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Rosey-- sending prayers for you and your family.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:09 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/140

Height: 5-10

Rosey you are in our thoughts & prayers.

Hugs,
Marylynn
Old 01-26-2008, 03:08 PM   #260  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . . gee, thought I had posted in here earlier . . . but guess I'm having another 'senior moment'.

Soooo HI EVERYBODY . . .

Have a safe trip ROSEY. . . here's hoping for good news . . .

LYNN . . . you might want to take a look at Sugar Busters too . . . it is really more of a lifestyle plan than a diet; but they do give lots of good non-recipe ideas for what to eat and the plan is well thought of in diabetic circles.

Well, off I go again . . . hopefully I'll actually remember to post this little guy.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:29 PM   #261  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Hi Everyone,

Don't have much as I'm writing from my friend's house in Boston. I had a good drive down here yesterday - no eating in the car! I had put my wallet in my trunk, so when I stopped to use the bathroom, I didn't have my wallet on me to buy junk food. That worked quite nicely. And happily, when I arrived at my friend's house, turns out that she is also in a "eating healthy" frame of mind, so we're both doing quite well, food wise. So far this is turning out to be a good trip and I think "staying on the wagon" may be possble.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, and Rosey - my thoughts and prayers are with you -
Birgit
Old 01-26-2008, 05:36 PM   #262  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Rosey, My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Birgit, Glad to hear that your trip went well. Good plan, leaving your money where you couldn't get to it readily. Since you and your friend are both eating heatly, you won't have to worry about any weight gain! Good trip all around! Enjoy!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:42 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi everyone..my mom has worsened and im leaving for minnesota..be back in a couple of weeks..im sad..keep doing the good things for your selves (((hugs))) rosey
Hi Rosey,

Best wishes during this difficult time.

Lynn
Old 01-26-2008, 09:51 PM   #264  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Will be dropping in for a chat tomorrow - sis is home & doing well. Rosey, so sorry about your mom. I'm sending prayers and good thoughts for you both.

Feel hopelessly behind. So much going on. I miss my Golden Girlies gang.

Hugs to all,
Z
Old 01-27-2008, 07:25 AM   #265  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
Will be dropping in for a chat tomorrow - sis is home & doing well. Rosey, so sorry about your mom. I'm sending prayers and good thoughts for you both.

Feel hopelessly behind. So much going on. I miss my Golden Girlies gang.

Hugs to all,
Z
And we all miss you. Happy your sister is doing well. I sent you the ancestors book - I hope I used the new address.

Lynn
Old 01-27-2008, 07:29 AM   #266  

Good Morning Everyone,

I woke up & my shoulder was REALLY sore. I guess I'd better keep that PT appt. I was thinking about cancelling.

I'm taking my day off from exercising today. Doing some work on my classes, straightening up my house a little, and going to the movies with my df in South Jersey. We're going to see Kite Runner. That book was one of the best books I've ever read. I hope the movie is good.

The only movie that I ever saw made out of a book that I loved that was REALLY good was Cider House Rules. Generally, if I love the book, I hate the movie.

I'll let you know.

Have a good day - check back tonight.

Lynn
Old 01-27-2008, 11:28 AM   #267  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

<Taking a few deep breaths, and looking around> Yup. This is it - the Golden Girl’s place. Yay! Sure does feel good to be back, let me tell you. Tomorrow I start back weighing and measuring every bite. I haven’t gotten on the scale in weeks, which most of you (except for our newest members) know isn’t all that unusual as I’m such a wimp when it comes to the scales anyway, but I am monitoring my waistline - which is always the first place that I show signs of any gain - and so far, I seem to be in a holding pattern. Which isn’t okay, of course - I still have close to 20 pounds to lose, but I’ve got to say that with all the carryings-on up here, what with DH losing his job, moving, my sis needing open-heart surgery and…well, nothing else, I guess, but that seems like enough, eh? - well, with all of that, I’ve been rather remiss in my eating, although I don’t guess I’ve eaten anywhere near like I used to eat, which is probably an overall improvement.
Life goes on, as they say. January is almost over, and that’s almost shocking to me…another month hit the dust, so to speak. They sure do just keep on passing by - and more quickly every year. Oh, blah, Enough of that! I’m going to get DH to take some pictures maybe today. I don’t think we’re slated to go out anywhere, but one never does know. We did some running about yesterday and then joined my DD3 and her DH and his parents out for dinner to celebrate her Mother-in-law’s birthday. We had a nice time together, and got in at @ 10:00. Felt late to me. Hard to believe that there was a time when at 10 PM, I was just heading out to dance and party…..good grief. That sure was a long time ago!
Oh, Lynn! I thought they did a terrific job with Cider House Rules, too! I seldom bother with movies, because I do so much reading, and when they turn “my” books into movies, they never seem to capture what I have in my reading so, like you, I’m usually disappointed. But that movie was SO well done! I’ve enjoyed most of John Irving’s novels - except one that was set in India; I just couldn’t seem to get into it for some reason, and never did finish it. Can’t even remember the name of it. Oh! I’ll keep an eye out for that book! It’s will undoubtedly get forwarded, even if it’s addressed to the old place. I’ll PM you my new one. Thanks so much, Lynn! I hope the P.T. helps your shoulder!
Karen3, reading your post describing the broiled sirloin on portabella mushroom with swiss made my mouth water! Gawd, that sounds good! I’ve been counting either WW points or calories to lose what weight I have so far and haven’t been as creative as you obviously are with the cooking.
Meowee-Linda, sorry to hear about your friend’s health problems. I certainly hope that the test results are good. Yes, we’re sick of the cold (and snow) here, too. I didn’t even realize that it was going to snow today, but sure enough, it’s coming down out there! Nice and toasty in here, though - I’m inclined to snuggle in and not set foot outside again until spring thaw!
Hi Llavender! You’re new since I was last posting regularly, so welcome to the GG’s! I have had cramps on and off in my legs and feet, and I think it does have to do with magnesium levels, but I’m definitely going to give the soap at the foot of the bed a try. I’ve taken magnesium supplements in the past, but I never take anything for very long because I’m just not good when it comes to pills and medicines. I start forgetting them, and before you know it, I’m not taking them anymore.
I hope you’re enjoying Boston, Birgit. I work there, so I can’t say that I think of it as much of a weekend getaway for me, but I know it’s an interesting city for visitors. We - DH & I get into a play every once in a while, but I’m afraid we don’t take advantage of all the other attractions the way we once did. Too old, I guess.
Hi, Bobbi! Good to see you posting again! I guess we “old chicks” are still hanging in there, eh?
Good luck on the April marathon, MaryLynn! You and Ric are quite a team, aren’t you? Well, you know we’ll be rooting for you up here in the frozen nawth…LOL. Keep up the great work!
Hmmmmm, Yoyo…losing laptops, are we? I sure would like to lose MINE, I can tell you, and I’m not talking the equivalent in pounds, but the actual freaking laptop! That thing rules my danged life! I can’t wait to retire (in five more years…boo hoo!) and throw it in the trash. Sometimes five years feels like a hundred. On the other hand, I know how fast the years go by, so I guess that should encourage me even if it means counting a whole bunch of new wrinkles…hey! Some of us just manage to find the dark lining in every silver cloud! I’m really an essentially happy person…sorta. LOL.
Freda! Congratulations!!!!!! How awesome! You did it!!!!! We’re so proud of you! Now you can inspire the rest of us!
How’s the flat belly diet, going, Phyl? Sounds like you found one that you really like, which is always good. Now, if I could just get back to LIKING to eat healthy and all….<sigh> Well, maybe if I stick to it long enough, I’ll like it, eh? It’s the sticking to it that kills me!
Oh, Jo-annie! I hope you’re feeling better today! Hope Maui was fun? (Hope you at least didn’t get sick until you left!)
Karen(31) - how is everything? I’m still sending all the encouraging vibes that I can to your part of the country so that someone will buy that house (it’s so beautiful; seems like they’d be falling all over themselves trying to get it!) and you can head on down there to MO where you can be closer to your family. I hope all is well. Take extra special care of yourself…we need you here with us! Say hi to the *girls* for me. Give ‘em an extra little hug from me, okay?
Gayle, job reviews - at least where I work - are such a joke. Nobody supervises me. I mean, NOBODY. I have never, ever had a supervision meeting with anybody in all the time I’ve worked here. And yet every year, the E.D. sits down with me and goes over this incredibly ridiculous checklist and says “okay, I’m recommending a pay increase….”. Like he has any option! Ptooey! I like the old trick of imagining people who are trying to be all formal and persnickety sitting there in the nude with all of their little flaws sticking out and hanging down, and I get to having a hard time being serious….want to giggle at everything they say. “A little too slow, you say?”….harrumph, guffaw…giggle….”Oh, okay, well we’ll see if I can’t just speed things up a bit, eh…and pardon me, but have you always had that ridiculous mole on your belly on the third fat roll down?” Oh, sorry. I’m old, now. Chalk it up to impending dementia, I guess, but people really do amuse me when I suppose they’re not really trying.
Where are you, Deb-from-Houston? You’ve got me worried that the crazy criminal of a next door neighbor may have done something to you! Give us a holler, woman!
And Cat! Where are you? C’mon back and inspire us with those lovely recipes and all those gorgeous pictures of yours!
I hope you’re enjoying your trip to Florida, Lyn…bring back plenty of pictures, you hear?
Well, you all will be happy to know that I’m just about typed out, here. Sorry for taking up so much space!
And, if there’s anyone I haven’t mentioned (of course there is) it’s because you haven’t posted in the past couple of weeks yourself, so get on the stick and type us a few lines. (And that means YOU, LindaD! I really am worried about you, chickie, so please check in!)
And Rosey, you know I’m thinking of you.
TTFN,
Z
Old 01-27-2008, 12:26 PM   #268  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi you all....Boy do I have a new weird problem. Just bathed Dash our 65lb GWR in my bath/shower. He is clean and smells wonderful. BUT I stink like old wet wool and have extremely hairy legs. Looks like I have a new fuzzy rug down on the floor which is really just tile! Would you believe he is allergic to Fl grass.
Today in the 2nd week of level#1...made it so far. The cravings have gone. But boredum is knocking. Gotta figure out something SB that will keep me trucking. My grocery shopping day....so off to Publix (after I wash my bod) karen3
Old 01-27-2008, 05:57 PM   #269  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . .

Had company for lunch today -- they loved my homemade soup -- and we had a great visit. Trouble is it is now almost 7 pm and they just left ; so I did not get out to the grocery store for a few basic things and tomorrow the weather is supposed to be a really awful mixed bag of snow; freezing rain; and rain. Oh well, guess I won't really starve if I can't go to the store and it was a wonderful afternoon.

Nothing else new and different with me . . . good to hear from you ZOE and especially good that you sound pretty chipper, kiddo. Have a great evening everybody -- see you tomorrow . . .
Old 01-27-2008, 10:01 PM   #270  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Hi Everyone - I'm back from Boston, safe and sound despite a bit of a snowstorm. Driving thru NH the roads were a bit greasy. There was an accident just over the Mass/NH line were I think 10 or more cars were piled on top of each other in the ditch at the side of the road. Lots of emergency vehicles on the scene... Traffic backed up for miles and miles... You know, I HATE traffic jams. I sit there and moan and groan at the frustration and inconvenience of it all and feel totally put upon. But then, when I come up on a scene like that -- well I can't help but feel blessed and thankful that I wasn't part of that pile-up. What's a bit of delay and frustration in the face of the possible loss of life or limb, huh?

I had a lovely weekend with my sons, granddaughter and my friend. Lots of fun hanging out together. And I did fairly well with the food, as well. Didn't get to walk much, but under the circumstances I guess I can forgive myself for that. All in all - not bad.

Ella, I lived in Boston for over 20 years so I know what you mean. I moved to VT only 5 yrs ago - basically, I "ran away from home." Frankly, I think it's the best thing I've ever done in my life. Although I've lived almost all of my life in one big city or another, I've really been a country girl at heart all along. I just love being here in VT, in a small intimate little town and out of the thick of it. Both of my sons (25 & 23) and my 5 yr old granddaughter still live in Boston, but it's close enough to visit regularly. It's all good.

Be well, Everyone - it's 10pm and just about time to hit the hay.

Hugs,
Birgit
Closed Thread