Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 02:02 PM   #136  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Welcome, Birget! Nice to have another tall " GG" to comiserate with on this site. I think you me and Marilyn are the tall ones here. Your dog sounds cute...what a rascal.

I'm feeling good about myself today. Just did 45 minutes of strength training and 15 of cardio. Wish I was this motivated every day. Am now munching on my ham and swiss on a low-carb wrap and celery and pickels.

Debbie - Hope the sewer and neighbor woes simmer down soon. Yes, keep coming back to this site to stay awya from the bad food.

Lynn - I will be curious to hear how the new eating and exercise plans work out for you. You have done so well I know you'll be successful. Hope your arm is doing better too.

Kim - Changing long time eating habits is a challenge. Just keep on trying - we're here for you.

Hi to all my other GG friends!

Lyn

Freda- so sorry about the 3 deaths. Surely the bad luck is over for now.

Last edited by lynard21; 01-16-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #137  

Height: 5' 8"

Default P.S. to Lynn

Guess I should have read that article before I spouted off about insulin resistance You already know that
Old 01-17-2008, 01:28 AM   #138  

Hi I'm Ellie from NC
I'm new to 3 fat chicks on a diet but I hope to learn how to use the website and be here more often.

I'm doing the biggest loser challenge so wish me luck
Old 01-17-2008, 09:07 AM   #139  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone, I had to work yesterday but i'm off for a couple of days. Just enought time to re-coop and get ready to work the weekend. I am doing really well with my diet. I am down to 1 pound to go to reach my goal.

YoYo, I'm proud of you for throwing out that candy! Now that took real will-power. With an attitude like that you will do great. I'm happy to hear that you finally found a good Dr. and they are not all created equal, believe me. I know Dr's at work that I wouldn't let treat my dog (what am I saying, I'm more pickey about his heath care than I am my own), but you get my point!

Brigit, Welcome! I hope you come here often. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Debbie, For once I was able to talk myself through the stress and not eat my way through like I usually do. I think the longer you go, the easier it is, at least for me. If I do slip, I find it really hard to get started back, so I try to stay on my diet. I tell myself "it's just not worth it", and ya know, it's not! I lived in the country before I got married too, my family still does, so I know all about the problems you mentioned. Hope the mess gets cleaned up soon. I'm crossing my fingers you don't have any problems with Bevis and Butthead. I'm smiling even as I type this, getting a picture in mind mind here!

Welcome Ellie, You'll find lots of encouragement here, so check in often.

Hey, where is the rest of our G G's? Come out, come out, where ever you are. Freda
Old 01-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #140  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Here I am . . .

It has finally stopped snowing -- think there is as much on the ground after two days as there was before the lovely week-long thaw that eliminated it all. Yesterday was one of those 'stay off the roads' type of days and also one of those 'intermittent power interruptions' type days that drive you absolutely bonkers. Everytime I'd decide that the power was going to stay on and therefore I'd fix all the clocks, it would go off again. At least I didn't have to go anywhere over the past couple of days, but today I absolutely must get some errands run so I hope they've got everything cleaned up by this afternoon.

Other than that -- nothing exciting around here -- take care, gang and I'll see you later (I hope) . . .
Old 01-17-2008, 11:22 AM   #141  
Debbie

S/C/G: 296/218/160

Height: 5'3"

Ellie! How do you like doing the challenge? I love the show and watch it every week. Just watching those guys makes me hurt in places I didn't know I had

Good morning everyone. Beavis showed up again yesterday. He IS moving back into the house. I contacted our Lt., and he gave me a lot on info on trial date, complete charges, etc. He said they would love to put this guy away for a long time, so they will be watching him carefully. They didn't know he was moving back to our town, so he liked getting that info. As far as the Buttheads go, he couldn't share any info cause their stuff is sealed in juvenile records, but he said they'd love to get those 2 also. The whole neighborhood is cringing with the thought of this group of knuckleheads moving back in. I'm locked and loaded, just in case....

Lynn - I did my senior thesis on existentialism. Of course that was many moons ago! I also did a senior research project on Franz Kafka. Some serious drug use going on there, I think....
Old 01-17-2008, 11:34 AM   #142  

Height: 5' 8"

Default Brrrrrr!!

OK, I'm being punished for being little miss smarty pants and bragging about not having to shovel snow. Driving to work this morning it was 26 degrees!!! I know for some of you gals anything above zero is sweater weather but live in the desert for pity sake! I'm not supposed to need a down jacket and gloves. I'm actually hoping for a hot flash!

Welcome Ellie! I'm still a little too self consious to try any challenges so I admire you for going for it!! Come here often as you can - these ladies are great support and will cheer for your successes and talk you through your frustrations.

Good Job on the talking yourself through Freda! I think we all know how easy it is to give up or, if we have that one cookie (just because our life is stressed and we deserve it), to say "well, I've blown it now so I might as well eat the whole dozen". Keep up the good work!

Well, today was weigh day for me. I spent a lot of years avoiding the scale like the plague - telling myself I'll just judge my progress by my pants size - but broke down last week and bought one (the day my exercise video arrived). Nearly fainted when I got it home and stepped on (I was just sure the one in the dr office was way off - not). Didn't hold out a lot of hope because when I've started exercise programs in the past I've always gained a few pounds the first couple of weeks. Imagine my surprise when I stepped on this morning and found 2.2 pounds gone! Going to be a little challenge for me not to be disapointed if I don't see that much gone every week but I am determined to do things right and all the way this time - even already thinking ahead to maintenance when I hit goal

Go GGs Go
Old 01-17-2008, 12:35 PM   #143  
Lifetime Loser

Bobbi and Lynn, I did join the Flat Belly Diet on-line. There is so much info to read, I didn't order the hard cover book but I may do that.

Seems like I will be able to do well following the daily food plans as it is full of food I can actually eat and like. I am going to the grocery today and will start tomorrow (Friday) with the 4 day plan.

Bobbi let me know if the book is really worth the $.

OK, rainy day here in Florida but we really need the rain.

Had a couple look at our condo Sunday and they seemed to love it and we are still in the running but waiting to find out what they are going to do is driving me CRAZY!!!

Hi to the new ladies, you'll like it here....nice group of women.

Got to run.....Phyllis
Old 01-17-2008, 12:53 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyodieterinvegas View Post
Guess I should have read that article before I spouted off about insulin resistance You already know that
Please don't apologize. In fact, I've become kind of remiss about checking my blood sugar. It's been VERY under control between my meds, diet, and exercise. However, you raise a good point. When I increase my exercise, calories, and mono fats, I will be sure to keep a check on my blood sugar for a while to make sure it stays in range.

I appreciate the advice.

Lynn
Old 01-17-2008, 12:55 PM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by missrocky73 View Post
Hi I'm Ellie from NC
I'm new to 3 fat chicks on a diet but I hope to learn how to use the website and be here more often.

I'm doing the biggest loser challenge so wish me luck
Hi Ellie,

Welcome! I watch the Biggest Loser all the time. The show always focuses on the exercise. What does their diet consist of?

Lynn
Old 01-17-2008, 12:58 PM   #146  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftyone View Post
Lynn - I did my senior thesis on existentialism. Of course that was many moons ago! I also did a senior research project on Franz Kafka. Some serious drug use going on there, I think....
Hi Debbie,

So far - pre-reading for the course - I've read Martin Buber and Dostoevsky (had to look up the spelling of this one!). They seem to be saying almost opposite things! I'm wondering what ties them together? I guess I'll have to wait for the Professor to explain.

Lynn
Old 01-17-2008, 01:02 PM   #147  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyodieterinvegas View Post
Well, today was weigh day for me. I spent a lot of years avoiding the scale like the plague - telling myself I'll just judge my progress by my pants size - but broke down last week and bought one (the day my exercise video arrived). Nearly fainted when I got it home and stepped on (I was just sure the one in the dr office was way off - not). Didn't hold out a lot of hope because when I've started exercise programs in the past I've always gained a few pounds the first couple of weeks. Imagine my surprise when I stepped on this morning and found 2.2 pounds gone! Going to be a little challenge for me not to be disapointed if I don't see that much gone every week but I am determined to do things right and all the way this time - even already thinking ahead to maintenance when I hit goal

Go GGs Go
2.2 lbs!!!! How great is that!!!!!

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you!

Lynn
Old 01-17-2008, 01:04 PM   #148  

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarusty View Post
Bobbi and Lynn, I did join the Flat Belly Diet on-line. There is so much info to read, I didn't order the hard cover book but I may do that.Got to run.....Phyllis

Hmmm - from the article in Prevention magazine, it sounded simple - just eat four 400-calorie meals/day & include monsaturated fat at each meal.

Did I miss something? Do you think I need to get the book?

Lynn
Old 01-17-2008, 01:08 PM   #149  

Good Morning Everyone,

I need to spend the day with my online course. I took a day off yesterday to go scrapping & was too tired when I got home to log on.

I'm not sleeping too well with the sore shoulder. I go to the doctor's this evening - hope he can help.

I was VERY happy to see a new low weight today. After a 2 and a half-month plateau, it was a WELCOME sight. I have upped my calories a little & I guess it's working. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Our bodies seem to have "minds of their own!"

Have a Happy and Healthy day,

Lynn
Old 01-17-2008, 01:10 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Ladies!! When I got up this morning it was -20 degrees!! Now that is just too cold!! But we have already heated up to a great big 0 degrees now! Can you tell that I'm ready for Spring?

Phyllis, Good luck with the couple that looked at your condo! I know how you feel! The people that looked at our house still want it but they need to have their house under contract before they will put an offer on ours. But their realtor keeps getting in touch with ours and wants to keep updated on what our house is doing. So we are also at "the dance waiting to be picked"! On the flat belly diet do they have you eating a lot of fish? Tim can't stand fish so I know it wouldn't work for me to have to do something separate.

yoyo--- 26 degrees really sounds like a heat wave right now!! Congrats on the the 2.2 pounds gone!! It sure makes you feel great doesn't it!

Freda-- I know what you mean about the Dr's!! I know I check out the vets probably better than I do a Dr. for myself! But I feel pretty lucky right now. I've found a really good vet that seems to care a lot about the "girls" I had a vet that I just adored (in fact I have a picture of him holding Ginger in their photo album!) but he left a little over a year ago and I've really been searching to find someone that I liked half as well!

Linda (meowee) I was wondering how do you log in your exercise on the Gadzella in fitday? I've looked to see if I can find something but haven't been able to. Any ideas?

Debbie, that is so scary to have neighbors like that. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope all goes well. Maybe they won't be there for long.

Lyn, sounds like you are doing great with your plan! I'll be so glad when it warms up here and I'm not craving all the "comfort" foods! I could really go for mac and cheese, or a big bowl of chili. You know all that good stuff!

Welcome to all the new girls! We Welcome you here and look forward to getting to know you.

Hello to all the other GG's and will try to check back later. Have a great day!
Closed Thread