Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 10:19 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 168/157/125

Height: 5 and nothing more

Glad to hear you have something you like to do and that I am not the only unathletic chick here. The reason I will never be a runner is that I will likely trip and fall. I have to be careful even when walking because I have been known to trip over a loose pice of gravel that someone thoughtlessly left on the sidewalk. And then there are those darn tree roots that grown up under the sidewalk and make it all slanted and unlevel.

I think being cold at this time of year maybe a combination of things but I think part of it has to do with calorie restriction. The less food I consume the colder I become. Another good reason to exercise...get that blood pumping.

Of course that might mean that we have to exercise inside rather than out. Can you ride your horse in your family room?

In the winter here it is very damp with very few days that the sun comes out. I think that is also part of the motivation problem. I leave for work in the dark and come home in the dark.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:58 AM   #77  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Gals

I just came by for a visit, before church, this morning.

I see there a couple of scrooges here...don't look at me like that! you know who you are

I put up most of our outside CHRISTmas lights yesterday and Angie and I bought a brand new Mannheim Steamroller Christmas CD for our collection.

I love this time of year! celebrating my Lord's birth. I even enjoy getting caught up in the spirit of Santa....gonna be fun going into ToysRUs to shop form my one year old nephew...gonna be fun....for ME!

Angie and I already have our presents to each other for CHRISTmas ~ our anniversary in Jan. ~ our birthdays for next year ~ our recliners for our family room were delivered last week.

Only gained a pound...so far...through this week off...eating way better than the past Thanksgivings. I started at 169 on wed. and I am at 170 this morning...I do have a 5K and under my belt since Thursday ~ a total of about 10 miles in since Thursday morning, which is helping with those added calories.

Well time to wake up the mutts and send them in to wake up Angie

Have a great day ladies ~ Gary
Old 11-25-2007, 10:28 AM   #78  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .
Old 11-25-2007, 12:32 PM   #79  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

And good afternoon!

I have taken t'ai chi classes in the past, but the problem with the classes was that they always started at the beginning. I have learned the beginning moves about 400 times, but I never have gotten through the whole sequence! What I need is a course where they start in the middle...

Hope you are all having a great Sunday! I did my morning walk, but no fitness center today. I need a day off.

Cheers!
Jay
Old 11-25-2007, 12:53 PM   #80  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Good morning and special greetings to Gary. Today I'm going to stuff a pinata full of fireworks and hide it in the snow and send a bunch of groundhogs out to find it while I wave palm branches around dressed as a ghost, while singing "Jesus Christ has risen today, fa la la la la, la la la la" followed by reciting the famous "I have a dream" speech by MLK. Later, there will be a countdown to midnight, at which time there will be the launching of heart shaped greeting cards into the atmosphere by small children dressed all in green, dancing around a pole with ribbons on it, singing Auld Lang Syne.
scroogemouse

Last edited by Spinymouse; 11-25-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:00 PM   #81  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

And if that fails JO you can always go Turkey Bowling!

P.S. ~ ate our turkey, have some left, made broth with the bones to add to the mutts kibble...not sure if the indians and pilgrims would be proud but my dogs are happy and I am stuffed
Old 11-25-2007, 01:44 PM   #82  

Spiny- you are a gal after my own heart! I feel the same way about all those dreadful holidays. I would like to live in a country that celebrates nothing.

Jay- maybe I could go to your t'ai chi classes. Forget the middle and the end...I need to do the begining 400 times in order to catch on!
Old 11-25-2007, 03:09 PM   #83  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon to all! It is cold and windy here. DH went our for a walk in the snow, but I wimped out. I plan to spend time the time with "Leslie" instead.

This extra-long weekend has been such a blessing! I really think my body needed the extra R&R - I feel relaxed and rested, even with all the extra cleaning and holiday preparations.
Spinymouse - your posts are always entertaining! And your avatar still makes me smile every time I see it.
I'm doing well here, I was able to move my ticker again, during a holiday week to boot!

I have started wearing my thrift store purchases since I have virtually nothing left in my closet from my "fat wardrobe". Who knew that wearing clothes that actually fit your new shape would get you lots of compliments and questions about how you are losing weight? I should have bagged up those clothes weeks ago! People are suprised that I took them all to Goodwill. "What if I gain it back?" To me, keeping the old stuff means that I really don't believe that this is a lifestyle change and that I might go back to the "old me". I'm not even contemplating that notion.

Well, off to my date with "Leslie"
Old 11-25-2007, 03:20 PM   #84  

I too having been cleaning out my closets. I held on to things for a long time and finally did decide I will never be that weight again. Even though I started 3FC at 168 this was after I had already lost 20 pounds. That makes around 30 pounds lost that I WILL NEVER FIND AGAIN.

The thrift stores are my new best friends. If I spend $2-3 on something I look at it as if I am just renting that blouse or trousers for a few months and then will recycle it back into the clothes stream again.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:52 PM   #85  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

JAY . . . Do they make T'ai Chi videos? Maybe you can get an advanced one.

GARY . . . Turkey broth is good for the two-legged members of the family too, boyo . . . with lots and lots of veggies . . . yum.

SPINY . . . What have you got against the poor groundhogs? Not their fault some idiots always want to wake them up in early February.

I'm also on the borrowing of new clothes program . . . the only thing that makes any sense to me at present . . . anything costing more than $10 does not get into my closet.

Have a great afternoon everybody . . .

Last edited by meowee; 11-25-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:21 PM   #86  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

spiny!

Jay
Old 11-25-2007, 08:22 PM   #87  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Mermom - you are definitely not the only unathletic chick here. I am by nature very unathletic. Maybe even one shade away from being obviously handicapped, or that is how I always saw myself. I really think there are just some things we are by nature. There are the slow-moving basset hounds -on-the-couch of the people world (that would be me) and the hyper little terriers of the people world that run around in circles yipping all the time. (definitely not me.)
Nevertheless, today I went to the fitness center. I did: one hour of aqua-jogging, and 20 minutes of PING-PONG! (don't laugh too hard at me.....) Of course, I lost my calorie-expediture benefits because I played my friend at PING-PONG for beer. Oh well. (Yes, they serve beer at the fitness center.)

Last edited by Spinymouse; 11-26-2007 at 12:22 AM.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:37 PM   #88  

LOL --- I have a friend who is the yapping terrier type. She decided that she was too fat and went on a diet. For God knows what reason she decided that she had a problem with food and she joined OA. I think terriers are also joiners. She had maybe 3 pounds she could have lived without. But just like everything else she had to go at it full throttle. In like maybe two months she lost 30 pounds.

Of course I am of the opinion (what else?) that slow and steady wins the race and she would gain it all back. A year later she has not gained an ounce. She is a long distance runner. As you can tell she and I have nothing in common.
My idea of excercise is walking laps to the kitchen.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:06 PM   #89  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinymouse View Post
Yes, they serve beer at the fitness center.
Whoa, I might have to reconsider joining a fitness center - LOL Then again, I would have to drive home, so that wouldn't work either. Guess I will just have to keep working out at home and enjoying DH's home brew.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:26 PM   #90  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Count me in at that fitness center gals!
Closed Thread