Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 08:49 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Everyone
I hope all enjoyed their Turkey Day yesterday and if it wasn't your turkey day I hope you still enjoyed the day! I just tried to have a little bit of everything yesterday but did skip the desserts all together. Not real sure where the will power came from but at least it was there.
I woke up this morning and wasn't feeling real well so I was hoping that I hadn't caught the bug that my son has had for the last week--- so after trying to figure out what I wanted for breakfast, if anything, I finally settled for some oatmeal. It was cold and snowy out and that finally sounded good. So this evening I am feeling better so hopefully it was just a passing thing and I'm done with it!
We did enjoy being with our two sons and the grandkids so that made it all worth it. So todays eating was a little mixed up but hope to feeling real good tomorrow and get back on track and on the treadmill!!
Have a good evening everyone.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:20 PM   #197  
Debbie

S/C/G: 296/218/160

Height: 5'3"

Mmmmmm, oatmeal! It's one of my favorite things. I like to make my own instead of using the instant stuff. I get more for the calories, and I think it just tastes better. Glad it was only a passing thing, Karen.

It's been a busy day, and a hungry one for some reason. Maybe it's all the cooking I did in preparation for tomorrow's feasting. Did manage to keep things in check, but it surely wasn't easy!!

Who was out shopping today??
Old 11-24-2007, 09:47 AM   #198  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

Another oatmeal lover here. But definitely a non-shopper whenever possible.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:58 AM   #199  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning GG, Is everyone over the Holiday yet? I know for me, once i get out of controle, it's hard for me to get back in. Just better for me all around if i stick to it.

Karen, Hope the bug you caught was a quick one and you're feeling better by now. Everyone here has been sick with cold like symptoms. All of us had it a couple of weeks ago.

I love oatmeal too. But by the time I add everything to it, it doesn't look like oatmeal any more. I like the old fashioned kind too, that takes awhile to cook. and I add cinnamon, raisins, chopped apple and chopped walnuts. YUM! Actually, all those things are really healthy, aren't they?

It doesn't seem like a Saturday to me, since my husband and family has been off work.

Not much to do today, maybe a bit more shopping if I feel like it.

Everyone have a good day, Freda

Phyllis, You mentioned your daughter was in Michigan. Me too. I didn't get out quite as early as she did to hit the sales but I did get out early.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:45 AM   #200  
Lifetime Loser

Well, I'm about sick of turkey already.....I think tonight I will have soup!

I have only had one piece of pumpkin pie, I will send it home with my son today. I think it's starting to call my name! lol

No shopping for me this week-end, we will run out Monday and get the last few things we need as most of the gifts have to be mailed. My youngest granddaughter (2 1/2) wants Spiderman, puppy, Coke a Cola and candy.....too cute. I will be out looking for Spiderman things for her.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Phyllis
Old 11-24-2007, 12:34 PM   #201  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all

Well, I had nice days off ~ now time to go back to work. Had a nice Thanksgiving day with my son, his girlfriend and a friend of his who couldn't be with his family. Sara and her family went to Dallas to be with her husband's family.

I didn't do too badly with the food. I kept one plate of left overs and sent the rest home with my son who is always hungry and thankfully built like his father and can eat to his heart's content.

I didn't go out shopping Friday. A couple years ago I went out for the day after Thanksgiving sales and some lady bashed into the side of my car in the Walmart parking lot. So, that cured me. I will wait until some other day.

It is rainy and chilly here today.

Hope you all are having a good weekend.

Take care
Old 11-25-2007, 12:24 AM   #202  
Debbie

S/C/G: 296/218/160

Height: 5'3"

Hi y'all! Well, we had our Thanksgiving meal today! What fun having everyone over. I've been cooking for 2 days, so I don't care if I never see food again!!

I really cut back on the fat in stuff this year, and nobody noticed at thing! I had 12 people for dinner. I didn't put butter in the dressing, cut back on other fat in the dishes I made, and people ate it like there was no tomorrow. It just shows to go ya that stuff doesn't have to be laden with fat to be great!

I usually eat 6 small meals a day, so for me to have 800 or 900 cal at one sitting is almost impossible, but I think I managed it today (picture a stuffed turkey waddling around!) I don't think I went over for the day, cause I forgot to eat lunch or any of my snacks.

Looking forward to the super great day after Thanksgiving turkey sandwich! Yum! Nothing like real turkey in a sandwich!!
Old 11-25-2007, 01:18 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Ladies,
Well, today went much better. I guess what ever it was it decided not to stay long! WHEW!! We went and got groceries this morning and I have really felt pretty good.... didn't do too much though! I guess our weather us supposed to get a little warmer tomorrow just in time to get cold again!
Debbie, it sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving too! And you really did good on your eating. I just said I wasn't even going to count Thursday---So I'm jumping back on the wagon this week!
This is a picture of Ginger & Sissy in the Christmas sweaters. I tried to post it in my signature but it didn't show up real good! They are definitely spoiled little girls!!
Have a good evening!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1642.jpg (20.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 11-25-2007, 09:09 AM   #204  

Good Morning Ladies, Today is my "Thanksgiving" dinner. But I have a plan, and it's not to eat everything in sight! I plan on having a shrimp cocktail before dinner, because I tend to eat too much if i'm starving. After that it's just a sensible meal. I'm having ham, i guess everyone has had about enough turkey. I am baking me a sweet potato instead of the sweet potato casserole that is loaded with fat. I don't like ham that much, so i'm ok.

Phyllis, I did save enough turkey for a turkey pot pie. Love turkey sandwitches but we had those last week. Your granddaughter sounds so cute. Did you find lots of Spiderman stuff? It shouldn't be too hard right now, lots of spider man things out there.

Gayle, Smart move, sending all the leftovers away. If they aren't there they can't tempt you.

Debbie, I agree with you, most people don't miss all the fat we put in most dishes. We can make them much more low fat and they don't even know. And most of them don't need all that fat either! Thanks for the recipe. It will go into the cook book that I am making myself.

Karen, I'm glad to hear that what ever you had didn't last long. Your dogs are so cute. Have you got their Christmas presents yet? My little Benny loves to open his presents.And he loves his toys. I keep them on his blanket in the family room. If I even get them off to vacuum the floor, he will start carrying them back before I am done. He doesn't like his things messed with!

Everyone have a good day. Freda
Old 11-25-2007, 10:47 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/140

Height: 5-10

Happy Sunday after Thanksgiving to everyone!
Quick note before we all load up again & head out to more family for more gathering around enough food to feed the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It amazes me that the table dosent break. Today's strategy is to load up on raw veggies & salad then be very particular about what goes on the plate. My other strategy is to volunteer at the kitchen sink to help feed over 25 people. I noticed if I'm busy working it's hard to be busy eating.

On the yay news, I had a Thanksgiving outfit picked out and by golly it fit! Now's the time to set some kind of reachable goal for Christmas (like say three pounds and another outfit that's just a little too snug today)

Karen thank you so much for the doggie suggestions! I think the car seat things will be an appreciated gift since my inlaws regularly take their yorkies on cross country trips. I love the sweaters. If that's crocheted I'm interested. My knitting is a disaster.

Debbie thanks for the recipe! Looking forward to giving it a try.

This is an important week! Next Saturday I take off for a 26 mile stroll through Memphis. Very excited & trying to endurance train for this thing.

Gotta go, everyone have a wonderful day & consider yourself hugged!

Marylynn
Old 11-25-2007, 11:26 AM   #206  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .
Old 11-25-2007, 08:55 PM   #207  
Lifetime Loser

We are off on a last minute trip to visit the kids in Ohio, Kentucky and Michigan. We will be gone about 3 weeks....I'll try to check in if I can. One of the new benefits of retirement we can now enjoy.

Y'all be good now.....

Phyllis
Old 11-26-2007, 08:56 AM   #208  

Good Morning GG's, We had our Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. I made ham since I figured everyone was about turkeyd out. My son and DIL and kids were supposed to be here around 5, and much to my surprise when I opened the door, my grandson had brought 2 of his friends. So we had a few extra. So it was quite nice.

I am proud to say I stayed compleatly within my diet. No dessert even. I had pumpkin pie and peach pie and a raspberry jello dessert and didn't have one bite. And while everyone else was had something before dinner, i had a few shrimp cocktail instead of all the other fattening things. Whew, got that out of the way...

Marylynn, Isn't it a great feeling when you try on an outfit that was a bit snug and the zipper goes up with no resistance? It gives you a new sense of resolve and kind of makes it easier. And the goal for Christmas is totally doable.

Phyllis, enjoy your trip. I am in Michigan, wave as you go by. Being able to come and go as you please is definateally a big plus for retirement.

Eveyone have a good day, Freda
Old 11-26-2007, 11:17 AM   #209  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . . . . . gotten a little quiet around here . . . come on out and play everybody . . .

PHYLLIS . . . Hope you have a great trip. We will look forward to seeing pictures when you return.

FREDA . . . Congrats on staying OP yesterday . . . that is a real accomplishment.

It's dull and relatively mild around here this morning -- I'd much prefer colder and sunny to be honest. Nothing big in my plans anyway. May have to start that Christmas Baking I keep trying to resist. Spent a few hours this morning going through my 40 plus cook books that specialize in holiday baking looking to see what recipes I thought I might be able to lighten up a little. There are a few that might just work out. Will let you know if I'm (a) unsuccessful at avoiding the 'baking bug' and/or (b) successful at reducing some of the sugar and fat in a few recipes. Pretty sure (b) will be the winner since I'm pretty sure I'll fail at (a) . . .

Speaking of things NOT to do this holiday season; here's a little gem from my in-box . . . http://www.dukediet.com/publicsite/n...?issueid=28246 . . . Know we've heard it all before, but a reminder never hurts; especially as we all reush around like mad at this time of year.

Have a great day everybody . . . see you all later . . .
Old 11-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #210  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I'm at school on a break, so checking in quickly to say I hope everyone has a great week...and an easy transition from "holiday" mode back to "real life" mode.

It's a nasty, cold icky rainy day here, but should be clearing up for a very nice week ahead. So far today has been pretty good here at school. Started a new program with the kids and they've been great with it, so that helps with coming back here after the great holiday!
Closed Thread