Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 11:34 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

!! Are you serious? What is in bottled salad dressing? Both the full fat and various diet versions tates like chemicals to me. Are they? Well, I known everthing is a chemical, but I guess I mean wierd (scientific term) chemicals.

Linda, Cool Whip is not a food! We don't want you eating Mop-n-glow!
Old 11-02-2007, 12:00 PM   #32  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Good Morning . . .

One day "clean and sober" (NO COOL WHIP). You are soooooo right about it's non-food status. I really scare myself when I think about how much of it I was eating. Hey to my mind/tongue (?) a serving of CW was getting close to being a cupful at a time rather than a mere 2 to 3 TBSP . . . The more I ate, the more I wanted . . . that has got to constitute addiction.

We have another nice sunny day . . . but it is windy again . . . and apparently this is just the proverbial "lull" before the "storm". We are being told to prepare for a direct hit from Tropical Storm Noel which is kindly missing the US pretty completely. Although it is not expected to be upgraded to an actual hurricane, we are expecting winds of 75 to 80 mph and upwards of 4 inches of rain over the course of tomorrow.

Other than that . . . life is pretty dull around here. Except, one nice surprise on my shopping spree yesterday . . . WalMart has finally figured out why they haven't been selling any books or magazines lately now that the Canadian dollar is slightly higher than the US dollar. They have finally started selling at the US price on the cover instead of the Canadian which is usually 20% to 30% higher. We are probably still paying too much for a lot of other things where the situation is not quite so obvious, but at least it is a start. Hopefully the rest of the booksellers will follow suit really quickly. I do like to give books to people at Christmas.

Well, I'd better get moving since I still have a little shopping to get done and it definitely sounds like tomorrow will be a stay-home kind of day. See you later . . .
Old 11-02-2007, 01:42 PM   #33  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Had the plumbers here most of the morning because of a slow drain, and they "think" they fixed it. Cost $300. They also fixed two other leaky faucets at the same time, though.

I hope they really did fix it. I'm afraid to run a load of wash... for fear that the drain is still slow, which isn't really a problem but would make me

Meowee, I wouldn't worry too much about Noel. These days the media have gotten so insane about every little sneeze on the planet... The hype is ridiculous.

I have to agree that Cool Whip is not a food. But I buy bottled salad dressing all the time--Newmans, for example. Tastes good to me, doesn't seem to have anything bad in it.

Any exciting weekend plans?

Jay
Old 11-02-2007, 06:25 PM   #34  

Fiat Lux!!! We finished the wiring project. My problem is that every time I restart working on it, I have to relearn how to do it again.

Linda, one-day-at-a-time with the Cool Whip!

We had a problem with the washing machine drain. We just about had to dig up the back yard to find the pipe which turned out to be full of tree roots.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:59 PM   #35  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Congratulations on the wiring! I need an outlet put in--can you come on over?

Jay
Old 11-02-2007, 10:52 PM   #36  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Ok, my first post here after turning 50 on Wednesday. This looks like a fun place to hang and a great group of folk to hang with. I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:58 PM   #37  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi CountingDown, and happy birthday! I look forward to getting to know you too! Where in Michigan? I grew up in Dearborn.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:35 AM   #38  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

CountingDown! 39 pounds lost! Good for you!

Jay
Old 11-03-2007, 11:33 AM   #39  
Onward and Downward

COUNTING DOWN . . . so glad to meet you . . . one of my favourite Aunts lived in Detroit. I used to love going to visit her. She grew gigantic tomatoes -- funny what we remember, isn't it?

Good Morning to everybody else, too . . .

So far the weather is just overcast and not even terribly windy . . . but the weather station is still yelping that word -- hurricane -- predicted to be at it's worst between 7 pm tonight and 7 am tomorrow. Hope they are wrong. I do agree with what JAY said . . . they do tend to over-warn us lately. Better than being caught totally by surprise, I guess.

Well I've now got two (almost two and a half) Cool Whip free days under my belt. I use Kraft FF Italian dressing all the time and I don't even want to know what is in it. HOWEVER, I don't tend to get carried away with salad dressing the way I do with CW, so it really doesn't worry me.

Have a great moving and shaking day, gang . . . see you later . . . if I've got power, that is.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:47 AM   #40  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Thank you for the warm welcome all!

I'm in Northern Michigan about 3 1/2 hrs. from Detroit. They are predicting snow for tomorrow - Tues. It will make the ski resort owners happy. But, it means I need to move my body off the couch and finish raking leaves - LOL

meowee - congrats on the Cool Whip abstinence! Way to go!
Old 11-03-2007, 11:56 AM   #41  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile It's when a short while

I can't remember the last time that I have been on here. I have been frequently the 3fatchicks website since mid September but I feel like I have just scratched the surface. I have even been reading past posts from years gone by.

I'm 54 and I don't feel like it at all! So, age doesn't bother me. I have been actively working WW Flex Points although I have not been as strident as I "should be". I have lost weight but I know with how active I am I could be losing more weight faster. I cave into hunger even with all the water I drink.

Saturdays are my day to paint in my kitchen, I should be done by Thanksgiving, my goal. I also have begun doing Pilates and a dance off (Prevention magazine) on the weekends and once my painting done then I will do these dvds on my lunch break.

I work at home and I have been doing that for almost three years. I love it!

I'm married, five years, and I have an adult child who lives in Philadelphia.

Hope to show up around here more often.

Last edited by pamatga; 11-03-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:37 PM   #42  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey pamatga, nice to "see" you again!

I've got to install some towel racks tomorrow, but first I have to cut them to fit. Been trying to get this done for 2 months. I painted my new home office a couple of months ago--used tinted primer, and that really made a difference. I went from pink to green.

Well, see you folks tomorrow!

Jay
Old 11-03-2007, 10:45 PM   #43  

Hey, CountingDown and Pamatga, welcome to the over 50s!

I have had difficulty keeping up with my walking when my schedule is unpredictable. Even so, according to Fitday, I have walked 13+ miles in the last two weeks. Does that ever remind me that every little bit counts.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:47 AM   #44  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

We had a pretty scary night with the wind rattling windows and shaking the house and the rain pounding down relentlessly . . . but, as of right now, Nova Scotia is still attached to North America (there were times last night I would not have been surprised to find that we'd been blown out to the mid-Atlantic somewhere ). It has stopped raining and the sun is actually trying to break through the clouds from time to time. Forecasters are saying the wind should die down sometime this afternoon; we are still having gusts at 85 mph (140 kph). All in all, not too bad -- at least not right around my area, anyway.

See you later . . .
Old 11-04-2007, 03:29 PM   #45  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default grey (gray?) hair?

I guess I prefer the grey spelling.
Curious - who has grey hair and do you or do you not color it?

I got prematurely grey in my 20's; completely grey by 30, and have been coloring it ever since, because it seemed weird to be grey so young. Now that I am no longer at a weird age to have grey hair I am considering letting it be grey.

I was thinking of doing that change after losing my excess weight, because it might add to the total "frump look" if I went grey now. I mean, the sloppy clothes, the total un-fashionable look that I currently display.

It has been a long period of time that I have put dye on my head, (toxic stuff) and I am wondering if it is time to let that go.

Also, I have been told that I look a lot younger than I am. This sort of scares me, when I think about losing weight, because one thing I do NOT want in any way is to be "attractive" because I do NOT want to "ATTRACT" if you know what I mean.

I think being grey might help out there.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Spinymouse; 11-04-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Closed Thread