Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 09:40 AM   #286  

the slim me. It's nice to meet you and looking forward to getting to know you. This a very supportive group of friends.

Ali
Old 10-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #287  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Been missing in Action

Well, it's been a while. Sorry. I just tried catching up on the posts a bit. First off, Meowee Linda - my heart goes out to you and the loss of your kitty. I'm so sorry - please don't blame yourself.

Lynn - sounds like you feeling better - good to hear from you.

LindaD...glad the fires have subsided in CA and that you're ok.

Zoe - I loved loved loved that story about your son and the trick they played on you. What fun..although I think I would have been just a triffle mad when they tried to make you think you were losin it.

Someone wrote about losing 8 pounds a month...can't remember who but I think that's a heafty goal. Maybe in the beginning it's possible, but would be hard to sustain. Listen to your body and be good to it.

Oh Phyllis - so sorry about your dog. What's going on here with our pets!? Glad you are back from your reunion and you survived the hot weather.

Back to work now.

Lyn

I'm doing ok...also on a plateau here, but continuing in my WW points, and trying to balance with exercise. I walked 6 miles yesterday in the crisp fall weather.

Cat - love the moon and patio photos. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by lynard21; 10-29-2007 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:32 AM   #288  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Afraid my day is going downhill. While I was up here on the computer earlier today, Freckle died with his head caught in a plastic bag (empty bag from Fibre One cereal I had had for breakfast) . . . I'm now playing the 'if only' game . . . if only I hadn't been on the computer . . . if only I had thrown the empty bag in the garbage this morning. Poor baby, he was only 7 and a half months old and such a little cuddle-bunny.
Hi Sweetie,

I wish I could be there to give you a non-virtual hug. In the meantime - <<<HUG>>>.

I'm sure that Freckle is pouncing around cat-heaven right now getting into St. Peter's cabinets and drawers. Hold onto happy memories of him.

Lynn
Old 10-29-2007, 11:35 AM   #289  

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarusty View Post
BAD NEWS.....we had to come home half a day early and have our Doberman put to sleep. He had congestive heart failure. Rusty was almost 14 yrs. old which is old for a Doberman. I am still in shock and what a terrible way to end a wonderful vacation.

He was 75 lbs. of love, loyalty and protectiveness.......this is going to take a while to get over.
Phyllis
Oh Phyllis,

I am SO SORRY to hear about Rusty. Please know that you and your dh are in my thoughts.

Lynn
Old 10-29-2007, 11:44 AM   #290  

Hi Everyone,

Hi "the slim me" - need your name - hate writing to labels. I'm so glad you decided to join us. I think you've found the right group also. I spent the day yesterday with my dgs's little dog. She's part Shih Tzu and part Chihuaua (Sp?). What a darling little critter. I'll post a photo later.

Hi Karen, smoke from CA!!! How far are you away from the fires?

Hi Lyn, I'm on that plateau with you. 10 days at same weight. I'm going to reduce calories today & tomorrow to break the barrier.

I got back to the gym again today - 2 days in a row! It's a beautiful autumn day here in PA. Nothing special planned for the day. Maybe a walk this afternoon.

Lynn
Old 10-29-2007, 11:50 AM   #291  

There's an announcement notice at the top of the Sticky's. A young lady is working on a college degree & needs responses to a survey.

Lynn
Old 10-29-2007, 12:10 PM   #292  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the kind words girls. And you know my heart is with you too Phyllis . . . Guess Heaven needed an old Doberman and a young Bengal yesterday.

As you can imagine, I'm not feeling too chatty . . . Hope you all have a good day.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:26 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/140

Height: 5-10

Fast fly by & I'll try to fill in blanks later today.
Absolutely bushed after that party on Saturday. Had to pull kids out of my trees, some were running down the street unattended, they had a blast... I'm ready to go admit myself to ICU for any kind of help they can offer.
Yeah, ate 2 cookies in the baking process & downed 2 glasses of sangria after the party. It's over, they can't hurt me anymore!

LindaMeowee I'm so sorry about Freckles! It's not your fault & he was lucky to spend his little life with such a loving person. You were a joy to him as he was to you.

Phyllis, glad your back & so very sorry to hear about Rusty. He's not suffering and you gave him a wonderful life. Sometimes these little sayings still dont stop the hurt. Thinking of you.

Zoe, loved the story about the surprise visit from your DS! Your family seems to have inherited your sense of humor. Yeah I like a challenge but usually prove to myself that I'm pretty darned human.

I'll check in later. Still cleaning up from the kiddostorm.

Marylynn
Old 10-29-2007, 12:30 PM   #294  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/140

Height: 5-10

Oops!

Welcome Slim Me (what do we call you anyway?) would love to get to know you better. You've found what I consider the best thread on the web. These ladies are real. Have a great day & look forward to your posts!

Marylynn
Old 10-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #295  

Hi Again, I had a lot of running around to do this morning, but i'm back home now for lunch. My grandson's birthday is the 30th and i had birthday "stuff" to buy. And I had to buy the things to make a pie. He doesn't like cake and ice cream.

Let me introduce myself a bit. My name is Freda. I am married, have 1 son and 2 grandchildren. I work part time as a nurse in a local hospital, rehab department. I live in Michigan now, but was born in Ky. So, i'm a southern girl at heart. I love to read in my spare time and collect antique jewlery and depression glass and old dinner ware.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you too, Freda
Old 10-29-2007, 01:32 PM   #296  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi, Freda and Welcome. You can post a bio on the skicky at the top of this thread too.

Lyn
Old 10-29-2007, 02:24 PM   #297  
LindaD

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Happy Monday to Everyone:

The fires have moved on and everyone around here is out of danger. I know there are communities that are having problems but the fires are well contained and hopefully no more structures will be destroyed.

I gave myself a free day from counting calories on Saturday. I don't want to tell you what I ate but I hope when I weigh myself on Oct 31 that I haven't gained anything. I ate at a Mexican restaurant for lunch and only ate 1/2 the meal. I ate at a restaurant for dinner and also had a dessert. Eeeeeks!!! Also, during the day I had a small Coldstone ice cream with pineapple and strawberries in it. I did plan my day and didn't just randomly eat everything I came in contact with. It felt good to indulge for a change and now I'm back on plan.

Zoe: You and your family sound crazy like my family. Always pulling pranks and trying to trick me into thinking I'm nuts. Sounds like they got you good. I'm glad your son got to visit and you get to come to CA next week. I wish you were going to be here for while. I'd run over to see you. The weather is nice so you should have a good visit.

Cat: Enjoy your visit with your mother and sister. Nice pictures.

Ali: I hope you have a good visit with your in-laws.

Lynn: I'm reducing my calories to 1,000 this week and increasing workouts an additional 10 minutes.

Freda: Hello!! You've come to the best group at 3FC. Everyone is so helpful and caring. I hope you stick around and let us get to know you. Good luck on your weight loss endeavor.

Phyllis: I'm so glad you had a great time at the family reunion but sorry about your episode at Disney World. Dehydration can creep up on you without even being aware there is anything wrong. I'm so sorry about Rusty. It's really heartbreaking when we lose a special family member who has given us so much joy. I believe he's in doggie heaven now romping around with all the other contented pets. Take care of yourself.

Hello to everyone I missed. Have a great day!

Last edited by LindaD; 10-29-2007 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:37 PM   #298  

Morning everyone..another frosty day here..i had agood night sleep finally and hopefully on the mend..back on track as deff didnt follow any plan while i was sick..phylliss and meowee an so sry for the loss of your pets.. i know how it hurts ive been on that road too..hello to all the other "GG"S"..not sure what the day will bring.. i need to catch up on alot as i havent done much in the last weekand im going to play bingo tonight.. as u all get to know me better i would have withdrawal symptoms if i couldnt play bingo at least once a weekmy dd and i have such fun and i get to meet my other "bingo nuts" hope u all have agreat day ttfn rosey
Old 10-29-2007, 03:45 PM   #299  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Hi All, not a lot of time right now, but have been reading the posts and just wanted to say how sorry I am, Phyl & Meowee. Sometimes I wonder why we ever let ourselves love these pets the way we do - can't help it, of course. They provide us with such comfort, don't they?

Well, I'm just awfully sorry, and wish there was something I could do to make it better, but I know that time is the only thing that will eventually do some healing.

Biggest hugs,

Z
Old 10-29-2007, 05:42 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Ladies,
Lynn, we are in Colorado and the closest big town would be Colorado Springs. But we are up in the mountains about half way between Cripple Creek and Woodland Park. And I figured the smoke would get here eventually. The last time they had big fires in California it finally traveled here too. I guess it has to move somewhere...

Still nothing new to report on the sale of the house or the 5th wheel. And it is probably getting to late in the year to hope for a sale of the 5th wheel. But I keep hoping for both of them to sell.

Well, I just wanted to pop in for a minute before I get busy again. I'm still hoping to at least put in 30 minutes on the treadmill today..
Closed Thread