Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 09:20 AM   #376  
Lifetime Loser

Happy Saturday Morning everyone....

Beautiful sunny day here in South Florida, yesterday it was only 84, that was so nice.

I'm back on WW points starting today....I have totally fallen off the last 2 weeks and gained 2 lbs. but hopefully I can lose that fast. Too much stress eating.

Zoe, that article does make a lot of sense. I understood about the water but not the rest, so maybe I won't hate the scales quite as much...then again I probably still will.

I believe I can start my WTPA tape again as the foot seems really OK now but we leave for Disney for the family reunion in exactly 3 weeks and I don't want to be limping!

Our Doberman is almost 14 yrs. old and he is showing a lot more signs lately of old age.....I really hate to see it, we won't let him suffer but I can't think about it too much....he is such a good dog and just adores my dh.

Hopefully we will get to the swimming pool tomorrow for a dose of sun before the predicted rain comes....my tan is fading again.

Hope everyone has a great week-end.

Phyllis
Old 09-29-2007, 09:27 AM   #377  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi . . .

Great articles ladies . . . thank you . . . s to both.

I'm NOT having a great morning so far . . . started out with the best of intentions, though . . .

Looked at Buddy Ball (admit that I haven't been spending time with him lately) and decided he needed a little air. Found the pump and brought him back up to par. Dug out the Frog; stuck it in the DVD; lots of sound, no picture -- "somebody" managed to completely disconnect the video cable and then chewed a hole in it. Hunted around and found an old cable (Works sporadically at best; but I kept it for emergencies.) Hooked everything up again. Yippee, we have both sound and picture now. -- BTW, I had a couple of cups of coffee in there too and it is now two hours since I started this 'must exercise before breakfast' crap. -- Anyway, turned around, sat on the ball, and thought I wasn't going to stop until I hit the floor. The air is seeping out somewhere. Finally just said to the with it . . . Made breakfast, and then came up here.

So much for my morning exercise. Guess I'm going shopping later for another new video cable and a new stability ball.

Here's wishing everybody else a wonderful morning . . . see you later.

Last edited by meowee; 09-29-2007 at 09:29 AM.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:29 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/140

Height: 5-10

Happy Saturday Folks!

DH & I just got out of a Zumba class! The Y had a freebie promotion & we thought we'd try it out. It's a load of fun & I heartily recommend it to anyone who dosent have blatent heart problems. Meanwhile I'm continuing to try to hospitalize myself with Jillian Michael's circuit training workouts. If you don't hear from me in a few days, I was successful.

Zoe have a wonderful celebration w/ your daughter! Your plans for her sound terrific. The article on weight vs truth was great. I've always hated the truth monstor because it's not always the truth!

LindaD I have that same rice crispy thinghey going on in my knees & am embarrased that as a nurse, I still don't know what's with that. All I know is that it sounds like my knee is about to explode but there's no pain. Personally my plan is to ignore it.

Karen, positive vibes again for the sale of your house!

Have a happy Saturday everyone, good ole DH is gearing up to go shopping for a Zumba video. You'd have to know him to understand how significant this is. He's the kind that thinks walking to the car counts as exercise. We may have found something the ole boy likes!

Take care!

Marylynn
Old 09-29-2007, 12:41 PM   #379  
mfb

Smile Time to change dentists, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
A Little Giggle to Begin September!!

I was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment with a new
dentist. I noticed his DDS diploma, which bore his full name. Suddenly,
I remembered that a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with the same name
had been in my high school class some 50-odd years ago. Could he be the
same guy that I had a Secret crush on way back then?

Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such thought. This
balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to
have been my classmate. Or could he?

After he examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended Glendale High School.

"Yes! Yes, I did! I'm a Mustang!"

"When did you graduate?"

"in 1957. Why do you ask?"

"You were in my class!"

He looked at me closely. Then, that ugly, old, wrinkled, bald, fat, gray,
decrepit son-of-a-you-know-what asked ..

"what did you teach?"
thank you for the great laugh.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:11 PM   #380  

Good Afternoon Everyone,
Enjoyed reading everyone's posts. Thanks for the articles.
My last few days have been a wreck.
We finally had to put my dog down. It was a brain problem.
Needless to say to all you pet lovers it is heart breaking.
Our vet let us bring her home and bury her in our yard.

On to food.
I've been eating everything in sight.
Hope that changes..The surprise birthday sounds terrific.
Can't wait to hear.

My daughter visits tomorrow.

Talk to you all soon.

Ellen
Old 09-29-2007, 07:12 PM   #381  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/140

Height: 5-10

Ellen I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. Please find a way to keep your puppy's (I dont care how old they are, they're puppies to me) memory alive. Glad to hear your daughter visits tomorrow. Meanwhile you have our thoughts & prayers.

Take care & stay in touch.

Marylynn
Old 09-29-2007, 08:00 PM   #382  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Ellen, I'm so sorry to hear about your "fur baby" I am enclosing a couple links that you can look at. They were sent to me when I lost my Sheltie several years ago. And they do help a bit. Take care.

http://www.rainbowbridge.com/

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html
Old 09-29-2007, 10:49 PM   #383  
Starting over 11/03/16

S/C/G: 325/Ticker/299

Height: 5' 4"

Great article on scales. I recently invested in a scale that measures fat, water content, muscle mass, etc so that I don't get as discouraged when my weight doesn't budge or goes up a bit. I track the amounts once a week then even if I don't lose, I can usually see a positive change where my muscle mass or water content has gone up. It makes those weigh ins just a bit less painful.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:22 AM   #384  

Ellen, I am so sorry to learn about your "baby". I know how hard it is for you right now and I'm glad that your DD is coming by today. My thoughts are with you.

Take care,
Ali

Old 09-30-2007, 07:34 AM   #385  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

Hope everybody has a great Sunday . . . see you later . . .
Old 09-30-2007, 12:10 PM   #386  
Lifetime Loser

Ellen, I'm so sorry about your dog. As I posted earlier ours is in the end stage of his life and I dread the day. The Rainbow Bridge is a great way to think of our "fur babies". We had to put down 2 cats within 6 mths of each other and I thought I would die of a broken heart. So I do understand.

Phyllis
Old 09-30-2007, 01:20 PM   #387  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi to all my GOLDEN GIRLS we are leaving in a few minutes for our week away. The weather isn't great but I don't care. I will report back with all the news next weekend. We haven't any TV or internet access at the resort so it will be a week of reading and relaxing -- YAY!!!!

Must just say to Ellen I am so sorry for your loss -- I lost my darling last year and one of the best things I did was construct an online memorial for her.

Bye for now
Old 09-30-2007, 01:32 PM   #388  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

To all our new members - I wish you a VERY hearty WELCOME!

Ellen, I am SO SORRY for the loss of your dear pet.

To LindaD & Karen, looks like the 3 of us are the GRAND winners for the September Challenge. I have to review carefully tonight, but that's my guess.

I am VERY pleased with my loss this month - 4 pounds. I increased my exercise (averaged around 45 min/day) and decreased my calories (averaged around 975/day). It really paid off.

If I can keep it up, I should hit my "goal" of 150 lbs. sometime in December. Once I'm there, I will up my calories (VERY slowly) until I figure out how many I need/day to maintain 150 lbs. Once I know that, I want to stay there for a few months - get my body used to 150 lbs. Then, I'll go for the next 15-20 pounds.

Lynn
Old 09-30-2007, 04:13 PM   #389  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Ellen,

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your doggy. I have been there ~ my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Take care
Old 09-30-2007, 07:46 PM   #390  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Quick Sunday check-in

Hi all you GGs,

I had a good weekend...stayed pretty close to my WW points. Walked 7 miles between Sat and Sunday - the weather is magnificent.

Zoe - thanks for the great article. I'll try to take the weight ups and downs less seriously. I know I'm generally losing and feel lots better.

Ellen - sorry about the loss of your dog.

Lynn - you're an inspiration to us all...great loss this month Congratulations!!

Well off to read for a while..

Lyn
Closed Thread