Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 10:28 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everybody!
Well, it has been a busy day around here. I woke up this morning and both dogs were scratching like crazy so I did a close look and found like 3 fleas on Ginger and 5 on Sissy! We never have fleas out here!! So my day started with giving them flea baths and then cleaning like crazy everything else! But I did get a 3 mile WATP's video in and also 15 minutes on the ab lounge. But I think I'm really tired now.
I weighed this morning even though I don't count any weighins except Fridays and I was at 153!! Now where was that yesterday???? Oh well, I hope it is at least still there this coming Friday if not less!

meowee (Linda) I sure hope you start feeling better real soon. Have you checked with the Dr. to see if there is something else you can do? Remember to take care of yourself.

Ali, enjoy that vacation time even if you do spend it at home. When my DH lost his job in April they did pay him his vacation time that he had coming so we went ahead and went back to MO. to see my Dad and to PA to see his Dad. We just figured we probably would get a vacation time again for quite awhile and wanted to be sure and see family. Then when we got back we decided to sell the house and move back to MO. So we have spent a lot of this time doing things to the house. Just sprucing up here and there.

Phyllis, Now you sound like me!! I've been watching this house on the internet back in MO. and would love to get it but we really cant' do anything at all until this one sells!! Sometimes I just stay off the real estated site for a few days so I dont' get so depressed!! So I know what you are going through. How is your foot feeling? Don't push it to hard and end up back at square one again.

Cat. I loved the picture of the parsley. That was such a neat idea to do with the fountain.

Gayle, How is the new baby girl? My cousin named her little girl Madison too. I really like that name.

Congrats Ann on the weight loss! That is wonderful.

Lynn, I know you will be glad when you have some time to relax after this class is over. We miss seeing you here.

Joanne, Theresa, Zoe, Trish, Lori, LindaD, Lyn, Marylynn, Lily and anybody else I might have missed to all of you.

Take care and I'll catch you tomorrow.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:15 AM   #287  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

Finally have gotten around to trying the note pad thing ~ hope I don't mess it up this time.

Karen ~ Hope you got those pesky fleas. Great job on the exercising. Hope things get to moving along soon for you with selling your home.

Meowee-Linda ~ Hope you get to feeling better.

Ali ~ Enjoy your vacation time.

Phyllis ~ Hope your foot is feeling better. Hope for you too that the selling of your house gets to moving along.

Cat ~ Hope your tummy is feeling better. Glad that storm missed you.

Ann ~ Welcome!! Congrats on that 4 pounds.

Lynn ~ I'll be glad for you when this class is over and you can relax a little.

Theresa ~ Hope the new job is going well. Congrats on the weight loss.

Lyn ~ Way to go with the weight loss. Glad the weather is nice so you can enjoy the walks.

Trish ~ Hope you had a relaxing weekend as planned.

Zoe ~ Hope your sniffles and sneezes are getting better.

Lori ~ Wow ~ you do well to keep up with those kids.

Bobbi ~ Hope the packing is going ok. Hope the auction goes well for you all.

Gary ~ Way to go with the weight loss. Keep up the good work with the walking.

Marylynn ~ Glad to hear your MIL is doing better.

Paula ~ Sorry to hear about your dad ~ thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Joanne ~ Any news on the tests?

LindaD ~ sorry to hear about your son losing his job.

Lily ~ Hope you have a good time at your cabin ~ sounds beautiful there.

Moxiesd ~ How did your salmon recipe turn out? It sounded yummy.

Sho6md ~ Welcome!! Congrats on your weight loss so far ~ the doggy in your profile picture is cute.

Sue ~ Has your granddaughter finally arrived? Wish I could be able to do the swimming like you ~ love to swim.

Looks like it worked ~ going to post it before I lose it.

Last edited by glynne; 09-23-2007 at 09:29 AM.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:29 AM   #288  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Gang . . .

Silly weather report for today says mild and sunny . . . so far it is cloudy and windy? Seems like my latest insulin idea (a morning shot yesterday but none at bedtime) worked out fairly well, so I'll do the same again today and see where things go. Just had a nice breakfast of HF cereal with mixed berries and skim milk.

Pretty good eating day yesterday and the scale says 227 this morning . . . of course, since it doesn't count . . . by Wednesday, when it does? -- only the scale knows what he may feel like by then.

Nothing too exciting on my agenda for today . . . need some apples and egg whites, so guess I'll have to do a little grocery run . . . other than that SSDD. Hope you all have a great day on the go. See you soon . . .
Old 09-23-2007, 08:47 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

Yesterday, we walked for about 1/2 hour when it started to rain (pretty heavy) did the last 1/2 hour getting soaked. Then we got in the car & went shopping for dry shirts. Oh well, maybe we get extra points for walking in the rain.

Saw a cute movie last night - Saint Ralph. For those of you who attended Catholic school, I think you'd really enjoy it. I probably wouldn't have sat down to watch a movie, but my cat complains when she hasn't been getting enough attention - just sits in the living room & cries until I come in and sit down & let her plop on my lap to pet her. Then she falls asleep & I hate to disturb her - so, I might as well switch on tv and see what's there.

Hi Ann, CONGRATULATIONS on a 4-pound loss!!!!!!!! Takes me over a month to lose that much! You are doing GREAT! What is wuloong tea? Maybe I'd better get some.

Hi Cat, Sorry you weren't feeling good this week. So glad you missed this storm. Love your parsley fountain. You have a great weekend also.

Hi Phyllis, about stress - when I used to work, I used to get excema on my hand - I could sit in a meeting and watch it pop up! I hadn't had it since I stopped working. Yesterday, I was sitting at the computer with this class & found myself scratching my hand - sure enough - red spots! Stress will get you everytime.
Hope your foot is feeling better. Have you gotten new walking shoes? My hip doctor told me I should be replacing my shoes at least every 4 months. He says the padding wears out & when you exercise a lot, it increases impact on your joints.

Hi Ali, nice that your best friend is coming to visit you. Enjoy your week with your dh.

Hi Linda (Meowee), hope you're feeling better. Have you been to a doctor/dietitian lately? Is the problem that you've been eating fewer carbs/calories? Maybe you need your meds adjusted.

Hi Karen, if you keep losing like this, I'll NEVER catch up with you. CONGRATULATIONS on 2 more pounds!

Hi Gayle, glad you got the hang of the Notepad. It makes it a lot easier to do the personals. What's new with you?

Today, I'm off to the gym, do some shopping, fix a new recipe, and then, after I've taken care of me - I'll sit down and deal with this class for the rest of the day.

Have a good one,

Lynn
Old 09-23-2007, 09:45 AM   #290  
Lifetime Loser

Good Morning....

It's a rainy Sunday a.m. here so no pool today...of course that could all change in the next couple hours.

I did a one mile easy walk yesterday and the foot seemed to do OK. Thanks for the tip about the shoes Lynn, I'll get some today....mine are pretty old. I remember my foot dr. telling me that too.

Gayle, how is Maddie doing? I bet she is beautiful.

Karen, good going on the weight loss. We haven't had any trouble with fleas for quite awhile. The dog rolls in the grass a lot but dh keeps combing him with a flea comb and so far so good. I'm surprised up there yours got them.

Linda, I hope your feeling better and get stablized again....I just know how bad I feel when I have a sugar drop. My dh gets them also but he also gets high very easily...he is doing pretty good the last few months since we started walking. Be careful.

Hello to all the Golden Girls......

Phyllis
Old 09-23-2007, 10:00 AM   #291  
Citizen of the World

Default been away a LONG time

Alice,

Remember me from years ago?? Are any of the "old gang" still around? Barb, Bernice, Candice, or Ann?? It's been so long now that I can't remember why I stopped coming here. Just on a whim I checked in today and remembered your photo w/the dog.

Good to see you again,
SIWA
Old 09-23-2007, 10:32 AM   #292  

Hi Swia,

to the GOLDEN GIRLS! This is a very supportive bunch.

Sure, I remember you. Nice to "see" you again. A few of us had a thread on the Support forum where Barb & Kate used to post, but it died out and I don't know what ever happened to them. I also have no idea where Ann, Candace, or Bernice went to.
Hope you post often.
Ali
Old 09-23-2007, 01:48 PM   #293  

Hello Everyone,
I'm Ellen and very excited to have this site. Looking forward to meeting you all and discussing life. My weight is 215 and growing. I can't seem to control the binging and compulsive eating. My husband is thin, my daughter is thin and my in-laws are thin. . I need any and all advice and above all comradie (sp).
My health is awful, my doctor said I was obese. UGH.

Thrilled to be a Golden Girl.

How do you all make those colorful letters and post pictures?

Last edited by Elliebelle; 09-23-2007 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:55 PM   #294  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello everyone,

Enjoying the weekend. Got some stuff done ~ that always feels good. Mowed the lawn ~ thankfully the temperature is starting to cool off a bit, so it wasn't so bad doing the mowing this time. Got the bill paying and financial stuff done. My husband's degree was in business (accounting) he has this book keeping system set up that is easy for him, but overwhelming for me. Until he gets down here in December, we have to do that over the phone ~ enter stuff into the computer ~ he has to talk me through it. It takes a major chunk of time. Thank goodness he is patient with me. I sure will be glad when he gets down here and can take that job back.

Going to get some laundry done, then head over to Sara's ~ she wanted company while she does the grocery shopping. I'll get my grandma fix Maddie is so cute. It is fun to hear Corbin's take on things. He said ~ "Madison sure is a cute one ~ she has more hair than Daddy". LOL

Meowee-Linda ~ Glad your insulin adjusting seems to be working out.

Lynn ~ How did the new recipe turn out? I'm like you ~ hate to move when my kitty curls up next to me.

Phyllis ~ Glad your foot is feeling better and you were able to do your walk.

SIWA ~ Welcome back!!

Ali ~ Hi!!

Ellen ~ Welcome ~ you'll like it here ~ very nice group of people.

Hello all the rest of the Golden Girls ~ hope you all are having a nice weekend.

Take care
Old 09-23-2007, 04:14 PM   #295  

Hi everyone.. im rosey from alaska..mewoee suggested i visit here and i have been lurking for a while now..i post in the diabetic section..you sound like a great bunch of folks and hope u dont mind if i tag along.. hoping to get to know all of you..rosey
Old 09-23-2007, 04:55 PM   #296  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Welcome aboard the good ship GOLDEN GIRLS to both ELLEN and ROSEY . . . I know you will love it here.

ELLEN . . .

(1) Do you mean the Avatar picture . . . for example, Rosey's cute little bookworm; Gayle's or Ali's people; my cat Purrecious ??? At the top of the forum page click on the first entry on the topmost purple line - "User CP". Then, in the list at the left side of the page, click on "Edit Avatar". Near the top of the page you will find a drop-down menu that will lead you to hundreds of pre-defined images you can use. (Rosey's worm is in there.) If you scroll down the page toward the bottom you will find an area where you can link to another website to get one of their images or add a photograph or other image from you own stuff (like the picture of my cat). Hope that helps. If you have problems, let me know.

(2) Colour as in GOLDEN GIRLS . . . Simply highlight what you've typed that you want to put into colour and then in the little operations bar at the top of the message box, click on the little arrow beside the capital A, and then select the colour you'd like to use.

(3) Smilies . . . although you didn't ask yet . . . people usually do. Instead of using the Quick Reply feature, click on the Advanced. Beside the message box you'll find a few emoticons and at the bottom of that list you can click on "more" and you will get taken to a whole page of the ones used most around 3FC.

ROSEY . . . So good to see you here, Chickie . . . don't mean to ignore you, but I know you are not new to 3FC and already know most of the above stuff anyway. Have the hairy frogs gone into hybernation yet, or are they just packing on their winter coats.

Hi there to everybody else. Keep on doing the good stuff just as much as you can. See you all again soon, gang . . .

Last edited by meowee; 09-23-2007 at 05:01 PM. Reason: correct typing error
Old 09-23-2007, 07:05 PM   #297  

meowee Thanks for the tips. I feel better already just reading everyone's posts. Today I actually got my husband to walk with me and two of our dogs. The temperature has cooled down in LA *for today anyway* and it felt great to be outside.
This is such a great place.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:26 AM   #298  

Hello everyone,

I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend. We had a nice time at lunch Sat. with out friends. DH & I have only been to the restaurant at night. The lunch menu is totally different than the dinner menu and there isn't much to pick from. But, what we had was good.

Yesterday morning DH & I went out for breakfast then did grocery shopping. We found that was a perfect time to go to the grocery store, as we practically had the store to ourselves.

Today we are off to Ft Myers for the trial run to the airport. This should proove interesting.

Marylynn, Hope you have a wonderful day!

Hi Ellen & Rosey, This is a great group and I know you're going to like it here. Looking forward to hearing from you both.

Karen, I'm sorry your DH lost his job. That must've been very hard. I know when we closed our machine shop it was hard to start over. Lacee doesn't seem to have a problem with fleas. We put Frontline on her once a month. I hate to put it on her, but the Vet recommends it.

Hi Gayle

Cat, I love your parsley fountain. What a good idea!

Linda-Meowee, hope you're feeling better.

Hello to the rest of you GOLDEN GIRLS!
Ali

Last edited by aleka; 09-24-2007 at 06:28 AM.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:54 AM   #299  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday - September 24

Good Morning Everyone,

, Marylynn - I hope you have a wonderful day and a GREAT year!

SIWA, Ellen, Rosey - we have a great group here. Lots of information, support and caring. Glad you found us.

Hi Phyllis & Ali, my dd & sil are down in FL for this week - somewhere around Venice. Hope you Floridians will roll out some sun for them.

Hi Gayle, Corbin's statement about the baby having more hair than his Dad, is too cute. Kids say such great things. Once, my sister's granddaughter asked her - who is older, you or the dinosaurs?

Today, I've got a lot to do, but nothing scheduled. I'll start with a trip to the gym, then food shopping, then bills, then my class, and, if I have time after that, my genealogy, and organizing some photos.

Hope we all have a Happy and Healthy day,

Lynn
Old 09-24-2007, 08:35 AM   #300  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Hello ladies
I am so glad to have 2 whole days off. Really! I forgot how nice it feels. And hubby has both off too. So it was nice.
Spent the day doing not much. Went to Kmart and the grocery store. Now I AM broke. Ok that’s why I am getting more hours. I like to eat.
Spent most of the week end cleaning. Lots of cleaning.
That and seeing family. Spent a few hrs Saturday evening with Jessie. Boy she is a grandma’s girl.
Poor hubby. I picked her up. Hugged her and handed her to grandpa. She hugged him. and wanted me back. We played on the floor with her for most of that time.
She is trying to be more mobile. She can wiggle herself off of a chair. but if she falls off…I think she will have a heart attack! and never do it again.

Well I start the new job at noon, today. And I am so queasy. That and I did not sleep well. I did not expect to feel like this. I am sure the job will be ok.
I have so much to do yet. I just wanted to say Hello. I have been so busy. Because when I start full time today, I know I will be exhausted.
Got to go.
have a good week ladies.
Closed Thread