Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 03:17 AM   #226  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Karen . . . the freezer-opener was Purrecious -- she's the calico in my avatar; not one of the kittens . . . but she is trying to teach them every bad habit she knows.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:07 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarusty View Post
Lynn, sounds like you have a fun day planned too. My daughters do scrapbooking and I love to see the things they make, they go to parties and work on them together & share ideas. How are you feeling at staying mostly under 1000 cal./day? Do you ever feel weak?
HI Phyllis,

Since 9/1, I have averaged 979 calories/day. To maintain myself at my current weight, I would need to eat around 1600/day. To lose 1 pound, I need to eat 3,500 fewer calories than I need. In the 16 days of the challenge, I lost 3 pounds - around 10,500 calories fewer than I needed to maintain (with my current exercise level - high for me).

Knowing my body, I'll be around 159/158 at the end of the month - 4 lbs. down in 4 weeks.

From all the info I can get, it seems that losing around 1 lb./week seems to be a safe thing to do.

About feeling weak - I had 2 days this month when I felt weak - but I'm pretty sure I had some kind of virus. If that had lasted, I surely would have upped my calories.

I'm going to see the dietitian next week. I'll check with her about my diet & see what she says. I'll let you know.

Lynn
Old 09-17-2007, 07:10 AM   #228  

Hi Everyone,

I'm off for a walk on the canal - then back here to get my condo in some semblance of order (it looks like I'm overwhelmed right now - which I am - I'll never teach this course again!) - then, this afternoon, I'm going over to my dd's for her to help me with financial stuff - UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope to check back later,

Lynn
Old 09-17-2007, 09:35 AM   #229  
Lifetime Loser

Hi all,

Linda, I love your cats...they are beautiful and so unusual. I did look at the web site you posted once. Look like they are full of it!!!

Lynn, I am lowering my WW points as of yesterday. I ended up staying the same so at least no gain. I only have 4 wks. before we go to Disney. Your doing really good....I'm very happy for you.

Karen, the realtor is coming in a couple minutes to take photos of our place. We have until the 21st of Sept. to sell it on our own.....ha ha, no bites so far.
My life doesn't usually go that easy....probably going to have to sell this the hard way like in about 6 mths. Hope those people finally get there...geesh that waiting would drive me crazy.

My foot was (I thought) almost fine and then last night when I walked the dog it started in again.....so I'll have to put off walking another week. I guess I just need to wear my tennis shoes and my inserts when walking from now until this foot total heals.

Ok, shes here for the photos. Glad I'm not in them the way my hair looks! lol

Phyllis
Old 09-17-2007, 11:04 AM   #230  

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We had some storms come through last evening which produced a tornado in a city quite a few miles from where we live.

Lori, glad that you're having some great fall weather. Fall has always been my favorite time of year and it's just not the same here in FL. People do put fall decorations up, but when it's still 90°, they don't look right.

Lily, that's great your clothes are getting baggy. I can't think of a better excuse to go shopping and buy all new clothes.

Gary, congratulations on your weight loss. DH is somewhat of a sports fan. He is really into NASCAR. He does watch the occasional baseball game and football game, especially if the Red Sox or the Patriots are playing.

Linda-Meowee, I loved the photos of your kitties. They are adorable.

Trish, congratulations on your weight loss. Any loss is great!

Phyllis, good luck with the realtor. I'm hoping your condo will sell quickly.

Lynn, hope you had a good walk by the canal.

Hello to the rest of the GOLDEN GIRLS!!
Ali
Old 09-17-2007, 11:25 AM   #231  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

I was up nursing a diabetic hypoglycemic event from 2:30 to 4:30 and then went back to bed and didn't get up again until almost 10 . . . feels like a whole new day to me, but it will be a very short one, I guess. Hate it when that happens because everything is out of kilter for the rest of the day.

Have a great one, gang . . . see you later
Old 09-17-2007, 11:41 AM   #232  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi GOLDEN GIRLS another quick flyby for today. I struggled all last week and I am hoping now I might be in a better place to get this going again. I have a bit of a medical issue going on and off to the hospital today -- I am sure its all going to be fine but I have to admit to some nervousness anyway. Hopefully work will slow down over the next two weeks -- we are off for the first week of October and I need to make sure my desk is fairly clear before we go.

I also made the decision to start eating more whole foods. I watch a show called X-Weighted and the trainer/nutritionist points out how many chemicals are in fat free products. I have been bringing frozen lunches to work and I am going to do my best to stop that -- eat whole rather than fat free -- just do the right thing and see what happens. I have to do something we booked ourselves a week in Maui for Jan and I would like to be at least 10 pounds down by then. Its all about good decisions and knowing that the chocolate chip cookie isn't good for my body. I mean heading off to the hospital today makes it feel like I really need to be more careful about what I eat.

Ok enough rambling -- just had an instructor step on his laptop -- now I have to find $2000 in the budget -- sighs.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:07 PM   #233  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Strange day here

Hi all,

Like Meowee my day has been turned upside down. I had to go in to work at 9 pm last night ot run a class for our "C" shift and didn't get home until 2:30 am. Then couldn't get to sleep until 4:30. Slept until noon and am now working from home. I just took a break to walk my 5 mile route...beautiful ealy fall day here...did it in 79 minutes. I have my wiegh-in at TOPs tonight. will let you know.

Jayjay - I'm a little concerned about you. Hope it goes ok at the hospital.

Everyone elase a bit HI and HUGS

Lyn
Old 09-18-2007, 06:17 AM   #234  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Good morning all!!!!! I have only a few minutes as I have to go leaping like a gazelle into the bath (okay, maybe lumbering like a bear would be a more appropos description...) and then, once I clothe myself in something respectable and maybe just a little bit (although not terribly) stylish and "cute" I shall drive myself over to the turnpike where I expect I shall sit staring at somebody's bumper for the next two and a half hours just like I did yesterday morning. I shall arrive at my office feeling half-numb and in need of a great huge cup of cawfee (any kind is fine; when you're going for the caffein, you're not at all picky) and then, maybe around ten-ish, I'll feel capable of possibly doing a little bit of work. That, of course, remains to be seen. The weekend flew by, and yesterday was gone in a flash as well...and by the looks of THIS place here, everybody else has been pretty busy, too!
Back at an as-yet-to-be-determined time later in the day, but wanted to send hugs and "You go, girls" to all the golden ones because I am missing you .

TTFN,

Z
Old 09-18-2007, 06:48 AM   #235  

People who gobble antacid tablets containing aluminum hydroxide ­­ Rolaids and
Maalox, for example ­­ run a risk of developing "soft bones," or osteomalacia, a painful condition that can make a victim unable to walk. The aluminum hydroxide binds tightly with the phosphorus in the victim's food, preventing it from being used by the bones. Moral: Use antacids only occasionally, and never more than two weeks at a time without consulting your doctor.
Diet Power Message
Old 09-18-2007, 08:18 AM   #236  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Talking I Lost another pound

Hi GG friends,

Back at work this am and just wanted to post my success. Another pound lost...I sort of did the Wendie plan again, but messed up on the weekend. Tried to compensate with walking. Anyway...it' sunny here and they predict sun for the next 7 days!!! I have a meeting in a few minutes so no time to respond to all, but I owe my recent successes to all of your support. Have a great day!!
Old 09-18-2007, 09:22 AM   #237  
Lifetime Loser

Hello everyone,

It is starting to storm again here so this has to be fast. Finally we are getting some badly needed rain but of course it comes in the form of thunderstorms that gives you little sleep all night and scares my poor old dog to death. But it is pouring.

Hey Miss Zoe, I was getting worried about you. Hope your week-end was a good one, my that is a LONG time to sit in traffic and I thought ours was getting bad here!

Lyn, Congrats on another pound. I "sort of" am doing the Wendie this week but on a lower point level since I'm not losing. I think not being able to walk because of my foot is probably my problem right now. Good job!

Lynn, I have to have a tums afer every meal for that specific reason to bind the phosphorus after every meal to keep my level down because of my bad kidney function. But the tums do contain calcium and it is keeping my level good but I don't have a choice in taking them. Sorry your class is not to your liking...I was hoping it would be.

Linda, what happened? Did your sugar drop again? I have sugar drops if I don't eat on a regular schedule and if I get a bad one it wipes me out for several hours. Take care.

Joanne, you work too hard!!!! Glad your planning time off. If I could get my weight down about 20 lbs. I would start the switch to all whole foods but I am afraid it would make me gain more now.....I know it is a healthy way to eat.

Ok, storming pretty hard, I'd better run.

Phyllis
Old 09-18-2007, 11:26 AM   #238  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all ~ checking in ~ flying by as you say ~ grandbaby is trying to come. Headed to the hosptial to bring some stuff Sara asked for.

Hope you all are having a good day.

Take care
Old 09-18-2007, 11:28 AM   #239  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Off to a rather late start around here today. Had to take Jazz to the Vet's for his normal bloodwork (he's the one with Diabetes). He was okay getting into the carrier although not really thrilled; but you should have seen the kittens scatter as soon as I got the cage out -- guess they have NOT forgotten their fun little trip to the Vet last month.

I skipped my insulin shot last night and consequently I slept much better last night and my BGL was quite acceptable this morning -- a little higher than I usually am at 6.0 / 108 -- but no nasty hypo in the middle of the night. We'll see how the day progresses.

Anyway, better get about my rounds before I have to go out to pick Jazz up again. Hope you all have a great day . . . see you soon . . .
Old 09-18-2007, 04:41 PM   #240  
LindaD

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Hi GG's:

I've been out of town so I'm very far behind reading the posts.
I'm doing so well on the challenge and very happy I'm seeing results. I hope everyone is doing well too.
Closed Thread