Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:34 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Everybody! It has been another one of those days! My sister still isn’t doing real well and they have decided to take her to Mayo’s clinic to get her completely checked out. So I guess they will move my Dad to one of my brother’s (one brother is living at my Dad’s house) and he will stay with them while she is gone. I keep having this feeling that I’m probably going to have to go back there and help with things but I just hate to leave right now. We’re still hoping to hear from the people in San Diego this weekend and if we haven’t heard from them by Monday I plan to call them. If this doesn’t come through we will have to see maybe about going ahead and listing it with a realtor. But that means we really will need to raise the price to help cover the costs of the commission that they charge. It’s hard to pick up and leave right now financially but I did tell my brothers if they do need me to come back that I will. So the tummy has been kind of doing flip flops and I know it is a lot of stress and the unknown! Trying to keep the house cleaned up and laundry caught up so if I do need to go that I won’t have a lot to do before hand.
I did have a little break from all that today and gave both Ginger and Sissy baths! That usually takes me about 3 hours so I just really enjoyed it today and didn’t “think” so much about anything else for that little bit!

Linda (meowed) I’m going to post a couple pictures of my sons boxer, Chihuahua and cat! The boxer is Kahn, the Chihuahua is Lady Bug and the cat is Precious. I love the markings on the cats face! I took these pictures yesterday when we went and took our daughter-in-law out to lunch for her birthday. I ate way to much for lunch but we very seldom go out to eat so……. Didn’t have any supper though way to full!

Zoe -- good to hear from you. Are you really liking the Wendie plan? I have been checking in to it and may have to go with a change after a bit. Right now the Slimfast is pretty convenient and I don’t have to think a lot about it.

Welcome back Margaret! Glad to see that you are back posting with us.

Ali, I used to enjoy walking outside a lot too-- until I was stalked by a wolf! Pretty scary. I’ll have to tell y’all that story huh Bobbi! I used to walk outside everyday with Ginger, before I had Sissy too. I would put her in her pet pocket and we would walk. I got to where I was almost at, gosh I think it was almost 6 miles at the time. It was on a main road, not out in the woods or anything. I would always stop at the one corner at about 3 miles, and I would get a drink and also let Ginger have a drink and kind of look around and just rest a bit before continuing on. I had been doing this about 2 or 3 months at this time. Well, we were doing our little routine and started walking again and I kind of felt like someone was behind me. I looked around and here was this BIG silver/gray wolf. Scared? That was me! I yelled at him to get out of here -- but he never even flinched. Of course, now there are no cars coming and I have nothing to use for protection. Like a dummy, I bent down to pick up some rocks, gravel actually, and I wasn’t even thinking that just made me look smaller. But then a car came and went right by----- I guess they looked in their mirror and saw was happening and turned around and came back. They got between me and the wolf with their car. But the wolf just came right around again and still tried to get to me and Ginger, (dinner and dessert I guess!) That car ended up having to turn around three different times and get between the wolf and me and then finally chased it on down a different road. I thanked the people SO MUCH and then headed the 3 miles from there back home. And that was the last time that I walked outside! Of course that was at our other house but I’ve heard we have a family of bears that live back behind us here so we don’t walk outside too much here either! Once in awhile I will take them and walk to the mail box which is about 3 blocks from the house. But the wolf scared me enough!!
Wow! I guess I made that a little book--- sorry!

Bobbi, glad that you are back with us! I guess I have been lucky (Knock -on- wood) with my computer. I still have Windows XP and haven’t had any trouble. My son got a new one that has Vista and they are now on their second replacement one! I hope my XP stays real good, at least until they get all the bugs out of Vista!

Lyn, Congrats on the weight loss!! Great job!

Phyllis, sorry the people didn’t even show up to see your condo. I have found that you need a lot of patience to go along with all this. I’m really hoping something happens soon! I’ll keep sending good vibes your way if you keep sending them mine!

Lynn, I hope you are feeling better tonight. I guess from what they are saying on the news that there is a lot of flu like stuff going around. Be sure to take care of yourself! WOW!! CONGRATS ON THE 25 POUNDS!! That’s awesome!!

Joanne, Sure hope your Mom had a Happy Birthday!! I’ve never heard of meal construction either! Sounds interesting!

Welcome Lori!! We look forward to getting to know you!

I can’t believe they just said that we might wake up to “several inches of heavy wet snow” on Monday morning!!! Can you believe that!! It’s coming!!

Well, I guess I should close this book for tonight. Hello to everyone that I missed. I’ll catch up again tomorrow…….
Have a good night!

Last edited by Karen31; 03-17-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:35 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

This has been a rough week - didn't feel good for a couple of days - a neighbor died & I walked into the lobby as they were taking out the body - I witnessed a BAD car accident yesterday + I got a letter from the IRS saying I owe them money.

Is Mercury in retrograde?

This morning, I'm walking the canal with 2 friends, then the funeral, and then I'm picking up my Little Sister to take her shopping for more school stuff.

Lynn
Old 09-08-2007, 07:08 AM   #108  

Good morning everyone,

Karen, no...don't be sorry. That was an interesting story. You must've been so scared, probably more scared for Ginger than you were for yourself. I know how relived you were to see that car and it was so nice of them to drive the wolf away from you. I'm glad that you and Ginger weren't harmed. I was scared reading it. We are very leery when we walk down here because we have bob cats and FL panthers walking around. I have had a bob cat jump from a tree in our backyard with a dead squirrell in its mouth and we have seen FL panthers roaming the neighborhood. I am sorry to learn about your sister. I hope everything will be fine with her.

Lynn, it does sound like you had a very bad week. Enjoy today shopping with your Little Sister.

Lori, welcome.

Everyone...Enjoy your day!
Ali
Old 09-08-2007, 07:49 AM   #109  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I still live and breathe.
It has been a helluva week. Every year I forget how exhausting the first few days with little kids are. I teach 15 classes...5 a day. Each class comes every 3 days. So this week was spent going over class rules, learning the parts of the computer and learning a new "coloring" program. The kids were all really good, but it is still tiring. Ok, ONE little boy out of 300 looks like he is going to try my patience, but other than that, a good, but tiring week. I had to end up putting his little self in a corner. The kid just would not shut up and let me talk. He kept shouting out "I know that already, I know that already". Finally I asked him if he wanted to come up and teach the class since he knew it all. He said yes. So I said, "ok, come sit in my chair and teach the class" and that cheeky little poot did! So he gets in my chair, looks at the class and says "Uh, sometimes I forget the words to say". So I told him to go back and sit down and let me finish...then he starts blabbering again and elbowing the kid next to him..that's when he ended up in the "time out" chair. I wanted to brain him. PITA.

In order to teach them where to put their finger on the mouse to click, I put a colored circle sticker on the left button. So the other day, I had finished my "lecture" and assigned each kid in a class their computers. They were all ready to start, so I said "Ok, put your hand on your MOUSE and make sure your finger is on the circle". I looked up and there was a little girl with her hand squarly over her MOUTH. I wanted to howl it was so funny, but kept a staight face.

Our electricty here was finally fixed this week. More of our outlets starting going out and my stove went out a few days ago (it's gas, so I could light it by hand, but no oven) My husband came home early on Wednesday and the electrician met him here. I was thinking it was going to be thousands and prayed the whole house did not need to be rewired. The electrician found the problems..both "minor" and it was all fixed for $145 dollars. I was thrilled. He said to rewire would have been around 7k. I have been wanting a new dining room table and saw that table slowly fading. Now I can get it. It is gorgeous..60x60 square rosewood from India.

On top of everything else this week (including clients overwhelming me with work after school) my daughter had to have her wisdom teeth cut out yesterday. I wanted to be with her so badly and I was a nervous wreck till her BF called when it was over. He put her on his cell phone in the car on the way home and she was hilarious. She just kept saying "huh?" She called me a few hours later to thank me for a plant arrangement I sent her and was a little more coherant even though she had a hard time talking. She said "that was the wildest nap I ever had!!" She found out that even though the wisdom teeth had to come out, that it was TMJ that has been causing the terrible pain. So she will have to have a mouth guard at night after she heals.

I need to go back and catch up on posts now, then go out and rake up pine needles so hope everyone has a great weekend.

Oh, yeah, still doing great with "the diet" and my "new" pants are now loose. No shopping till the weather starts getting cold..can't wait.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:15 AM   #110  
Moxiesd

S/C/G: 235/175/155

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Everyone!!

Wow...my life is tame compared with what I have just read!!!

Imagine being trailed by a wolf?????? (Currently we have a coyote that is lurking around here....a few years ago I saw a puma within a mile of where I walk....but not since then, although I like having the 2 big labs walk with me, I still feel kind of uneasy from time to time.....but the last time I was threatened by animals was in 1973 while living in a Los Angeles....I went for a walk and was met with a pack of roaming dogs....they were bent on destruction and was saved when another human walked that way.) But a wolf, I think that might be about as bad as a bear!

Lynn, hoping you are feeling better and back to good health.

Cat...sounds like you have some interesting/challenging days ahead. But think how boring life would be if there were NO challenges. (Now you can silently thank the little monsters for keeping you on your game!!!)

Bobby....sorry to hear about MIL. I can never stay on a diet with a lot of stress. I am sure I would need 40 packs of gum to keep me going!

Karen....wishing you the best of luck with the house.

I adopted a new little kitten.....she woke me up early this morning....said she was hungry....and now she is just bored in her little pen. I keep them penned until I know they understand what a littler box is good for. My other kitten (3 months old now) thinks the toilet is her drinking dish. As much as she hates water I cannot believe I caught her drinking from the toilet....she has perfectly good water available....so now to remember to keep the lid down!!

Love to all.....Prayers for serentity to return.
Margaret
Old 09-08-2007, 09:50 AM   #111  
Lifetime Loser

Hi all,

Welcome back Margaret, wow will those two kittens have fun! I just love them.

Zoe, my offical weigh in tomorrow (but am up 1 lb today & hoping it is salt from last nights dinner) so I'm thinking I blew the Wendie plan....we'll see. We are having some of that dreaded chicken tonight....think grilled out to keep calories low.

Karen, thanks for the good vibes. It is in the paper starting this a.m., no calls yet. Like you, we would have to up the price so much to involve a realtor......still sending the good vibes. Hope all turns out well for your DS.

Ali, thanks for the vibes too....you look GREAT, nice to you. Hope you get down a size this month.

Cat, nice to see you my dear. I'm betting your going to have some great stories to share from your class.....can't wait. Glad DD is doing OK.

Lynn, wow you've had a rough week....OK, time for that to change now! Bad things are suppose to come in threes, that's your three so look forward to a very good week.

Hi to everyone I missed, I need to post some photos of our condo for the newspaper ad on their web site.

Ok, I tired to upload a couple photos of the condo....hope it works. If you look closely at the one of the patio, my Doberman is in it.

Have a nice week-end, Phyllis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCP_0563.jpg (23.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DCP_0558.jpg (33.1 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by floridarusty; 09-08-2007 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:11 AM   #112  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi gang . . .

A little tongue in cheek for everybody West of me [pretty much takes care of all of you] for sending this hot and sticky weather my way.

Oh well, at least it means I'll have the A/C going today and that will help to drown out a bit of the racket coming from the fair grounds. Much as I love all the activities of fair week, it does get a little tiresome by this point. Last night it was after midnight before all the noise of everybody leaving for home died down.

After I finally got to sleep, I did sleep pretty well for a change. Anyway . . . just finished my protein pancakes overflowing with local blueberries, for the third day in a row . . . now I need to get some more berries or I'll actually have to eat something else for breakfast tomorrow. OMG, I blueberries.

Love that cat picture, Karen . . . a perfect moustache and goatee to go with the rest of her tuxedo look.

Oh Lynn . . . how horrible for you . . . hope today is lots better.

My goodness, Ali . . . you seem to have plenty of livestock roaming around, too. Although we do have some bears around here, the biggest thing I bumped into right on my street was a loose cow.

Glad to see another "cat-woman" in the making, Margaret.

Have to agree with you, Trish . . . . . . Leslie's constant chatter does get a bit 'wearing' at times.

I think your condo looks great, Phyllis. Don't worry, that pound is probably just water. Happy to say, I'm only 1 above my ticker this morning -- no place to go but 'down' for both of us.

Still can't believe how you cope with all those little ones, day after day. You are a very patient "woman-Cat" I just couldn't resist.

Hi and a big for everybody I missed. Hope you all have a good day . . . see you later . . .
Old 09-08-2007, 05:52 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 237/238/165

Height: 5 feet 7

Karen---I hope the doctors find out what is ailing you sister and treat it.

Cat---It sounds like you’ve had one heck of a week!!! By ending your post with the fact that your “new” pants are now loose let me know that your diet [lifestyle change] is working

Moewee Linda---You are welcome for the sticky weather. We are now having a lot of rain. Oh well. The temperature has dropped about 10 degrees.

Lynn---I hope everything turns around for you soon. You've really had one heck of a week also. I'm sending good vibes your way!!!:vibe:

I've just finished 3 miles WATP plus choir rehearsal this morning! These older bones are weary!!! But I love it. [except for Leslie's constant no-stop talking]

Gota busy weekend!!

Everyone take care and be safe!!

Trish
Old 09-08-2007, 06:25 PM   #114  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Oh. My. Gawd. I just realized that I didn’t post yesterday! Good grief! I hate it when I fall behind like that! It wasn’t even a particularly busy day, either. Just a lethargic and tremendously motivationless Friday. Yeah. I KNOW motivationless isn’t a real word, but it truly does capture the spirit of my mood of late. Not with regard to my diet, which is a real blessing, but most everything else feels kind of “blah” to me lately. It’s primarily my disenchantment with my work, and I think I may have to give some serious thought to moving on. I mean SERIOUS thought, not just rumblings and grumblings. Jack, my dear colleague, who has worked at this damnable place longer than I have, even, has recently interviewed for a Vice President of Development at a rival organization, and says if he goes, I have to go with him. Which is, of course, not impossible at all, but I really did want, as I may (or may not) have mentioned in the past, to stay where I am for the ten years it would take to be fully vested in my retirement earnings, which are pretty significant - they invest with ING, and it grows rather astonishingly - but as of right now, I’m only 70% vested, and if I were to withdraw it, federal and state taxes would eat up another 25%. Then there’s always the Peace Corps. No, no...I’m NOT kidding! Crazy as it sounds, I recently learned that they are actively recruiting people over fifty - for their credentials and experience, I suppose - and I’ve been thinking about it ever since I heard that. I just keep feeling like there’s something I haven’t done yet - that there’s something ELSE that I should be doing while I still have some strength and stamina left. Now that I don’t smoke anymore, and have lost 26 pounds (eighteen more to go) I feel ever so much fitter, and ever so much more bored with driving in to Boston every day and writing bullcrap designed to bring in money for an organization that is a huge, international one with an impeccable reputation, but beneath the surface just as inept and corrupt as all the rest. I don’t know. I just don’t see myself sailing gracefully into old age doing the same thing day in and day out - doing the same thing for the same organization for the same bullcrap reasons. Of COURSE I’m just doing it for the money - for my paycheck, I mean - and that’s no way to live. Imagine! Sturm, drang & angst at this late date! Wouldn’t Freud have had a lovely go-round with me!
Well, Moxie, m’dear....lovely to have you back with us! Hope your vacay was wonderful and rejuvenating. Mine was all cut up into pieces this year - several four or five-day weekends up in the White Mountains with friends, and plans for my sis to visit from North Carolina Oct. 2 - 10; I’ll take that time off from work and we’ll have some “sister adventures” - plan to spend some time in Newport and Little Compton, R.I., where we were both raised. Also taking the week of Nov. 4 to fly down to L.A. For a visit with my darling son. Then it’s back to the old grind for another six months or so...<sigh>
Hi Ali - the humidity doesn’t bother you down there in Flawridder? Come to think of it, the last time I was there, I was smoking, and humidity REALLY kicked my butt. Maybe as a non-smoker, it would be a bit different?
Glad to have YOU back, Bobbi.....oh, won’t it be wonderful when all your MIL’s affairs are in order and you can finally relax?
All that walking up and down stairs ought to do SOMETHING, Trish - I’m sure it’s more exercise than this old chickie has been getting lately. I’m in the conundrums or something. Eating okay with my up & down points and all, but not so “haute” with the exercising.
Trust me, Tee m’love, you’d have no trouble at all keeping up with ME these days. I KNOW I should get out on that darned bike more often, but I just haven’t been doing it. ‘Course it’s 90 degrees here and humid (but that didn’t stop me before!) You’re STILL my inspiration!
Oh, Phyl, that must be so frustrating! I don’t know WHY people are so inconsiderate! Poor Karen has been putting up with it and I don’t know why you haven’t hit one of ‘em over the head with a baseball bat yet, Karen, because I betcha I would’ve! I have no patience at all with people who have no manners. Of course, if we decide to sell this place in the next couple of years, I suppose I’ll have to DEVELOP some patience, eh? Oh, and I’m so sorry about your sis, Karen! A lot to deal with at once. Phyl! That patio is to DIE for! Now, see? That’s exactly what WE need! Some potted plants, a nice spot to sit out and enjoy our brekkie (or any other meal), some room to entertain if we want to, and....well, I sure would have a hard time giving that up if I were you. You sure you can’t just get it moved up to Ohio?
Hi Lori - welcome to the Golden Girls! I’m sorry not to have acknowledged you before this, but I’ve been distracted by my own selfish crapola! Forgive me, and please feel right at home here with us!
Lynn, I’m so glad that your blood sugar is staying where it’s supposed to! You KNOW we all worry about you! Hope today is a better day than the last. #$%^%$#@ bloody IRS! Why don’t they go after the faht khats, is what I’d like to know. They want to squeeze us little folks and let the “good ole boys” write everything off! It gets tiring, doesn’t it?
Jo-annie, I sure have missed you! Glad to see your pretty face up there in the corner from time to time, yanno?
Hiya Lyn & LindaD! Way to GO, LindaD! You’ll be slim and svelte in no time! Fall is really a good time to get a fresh start on all this healthy stuff, isn’t it? I suppose just any change of seasons works, but fall is a favorite time of year for me.
Whatever are you up to, Meowee-Linda? Inquiring minds want to know! Busy, busy, busy, eh? Time to ‘fess up and tell all! Oh! The fair is in town? And you’re OD-ing on blueberries? Yeah! I sure wish we could get really good ones around here. I remember picking wild ones as a child, and my momma would make “blueberry slump”, the eating of which was like dying and going to heaven!
Hey, Trish! I wish I could do all that walking off the pounds with you! In fact, I KNOW that walking is even better than bike riding for exercise. But, alas, I’m in a slump...
Well, Cat, sounds like life sure has taken a busy turn for you! Glad you’re managing to stick with your diet despite it all...you’re a stronger woman than I, methinks!

And THAT, Tah-dahhhh, is IT! (See what happens when I miss a day or so?)
If I missed anybody, I is sorry...

Z
Old 09-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Hi
Not much time, You know how it can be on weekends. Especially when you only have 1 day off.

I had an interview On Friday. Looks good.
The same kind of job. About 30 hrs. vs. 10 hrs a week. And ONLY 1 mile vs. 8, from my house.
She told me the job is as good as mine. I just have to wait for them to call back on Monday for the word.

Lynn,
I am so sorry you had such a bad week. I am so glad to hear YOU are ok. You handle These days better than most. I am sure.
Have fun shopping with your little sister.

I really don't have time to say much else. We are leaving in a few minutes.
hope everyone has the best week end.
hugs to you all.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:40 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

Hi Joanne, I hope your week got better. The "meal construction" event sounds interesting. I'm going online to see if there is anything like that near me.

Hi LindaD, let us know how the "Sexy Arms" tape is. I'm way past ever looking for "sexy" arms - I'd be satisfied with arms that look like arms instead of hams.

Hi Ali, how was the outlet shopping?

Hi Trish, hope you have time for some R&R this weekend. I'm going to try the 2-mile WATP DVD this morning.

Hi Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. Hope you hear from the San Diego folks.

Hi Cat, so glad to see you back with us. I LOVE the story about the little girl putting her hand on her mouth.
Hope your dd is recovering well from the wisdom teeth extractions.

Hi Margaret, so glad to see you back with us. The most "dangerous" animals we have around here are the deer - and they are danger only to our cars. I can't imagine living near puma and coyote - I don't think I even know what a coyote looks like - except for Wiley Coyote.

Hi Phyllis, Good luck with your Sunday weigh-in. What happened with the man you met at the pool?

Hi Linda (Meowee), Funny - I just finished WW pancakes (1 sl lo-carb brd, 1/4 cup egg sub, 1/4 cup milk, vanilla, 2 pkgs Splenda - blended together) and blueberries when I read your post.

Hi Zoe, somehow the thought of you in the Peace Corps brings to mind images of Private Benjamin. You must be REALLY fed up with your job! "...writing bullcrap designed to bring in money for an organization that is a huge, international one with an impeccable reputation, but beneath the surface just as inept and corrupt as all the rest." Hmmm - sounds like a job I stayed in for 15 years - that was 15 years too long!

Hi Theresa, the new job sounds good. I hope it works out for you.

Today, I'm either going to a Scottish festival with my dd or going on the Sunday Peace Walk. If my dd & sil can get away, they'll call me this morning. If I don't hear from them, I'll go to the State Park for the Peace Walk.

Have a good day everyone,

Lynn
Old 09-09-2007, 08:27 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Good morning ladies.

I am doing ok today. It is a cool rainy day…quite.
I like that.
It feels like a good day to just read a good book or watch tv.
But I will try to get on the treadmill soon. Maybe then I will pick up some energy.

I had a nice day Saturday. After ending the week with the knowledge I have a new job to go to If I want it. I feel Like it was a productive week. I will probably take the job. To many reasons not to. Although I will miss my coworkers, and the people living there. Won’t let my self get as attached to them at the new place. It is a place with a high turnover rate. NOT an assisted living home any more.
At least I will get more hours. So We can pay the bills and eat!

Zoe,
It must be something in the air. This wanting a change, Maybe a new challenge.

We are changing Our lives dramatically by what we are doing. (loosing weight, etc). Maybe this change makes us look at what we are doing. Re-evaluate what we are doing with ourselves. I hope you find what makes you Happy and Can pay the bills to. After all, isn’t that Our goal in life.

I had no idea Peace Corps still existed. Would you be moving around with that job? Going places to work with people? How would that work?

Linda,
Just so you know… the cool and rain are coming. Its been so much better that all that heat! Sending it to you.

Margaret
Like you… my life is a quite life. A simple life. Gosh I am a lucky girl.
How’s the kitty’s? I do like them. but I found out in my 20’s, I had become allergic! Now, in My 50’s, I find I am getting less that way. I might borrow a cat and see how I do.

Cat,
I am glad to see you survived your first week with the kids. that one sounds like you will have your hands full.
He sounds like he is ready for a little special teaching. He sounds like he is more advanced, thus becoming bored and a real hoot! Good Luck!
I am glad you will get the table after all, You must send pics! sounds lovely.

Karen,
I am sending lots of prayers to you and your family. Sounds like a busy time for you coming up. Take care of yourself, too.

Ali,
I am glad you had time to get good foods, It makes such a difference when you can eat good at home. Have fun at the mall.

Joanne,
I have see the Food constructions places on tv. Sounds fun. I actually thought of going to one. Till I saw I would have to drive into Cleveland, YUK! Not a chance. Think I will just do it the old fashioned way.
Take care of yourself. Hope to see you here more often as life calms down for you.

Lynn,
Hoping you have a wonderful day…at the Scottish festival or the walk. enjoy.

Well I am getting a lot of nothing done, sitting here. Lots to do today.
Enjoy you weekend, what’s left of it. Hello to everyone I missed.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:12 AM   #118  

Good morning everyone,

I was exausted from shopping yesterday. We walked 4 hrs. throughout the outlet mall. It's a good size outlet mall and the layout is rather confusing. The friend I went with has a dd that is getting married in a few weeks. She brought along the jacket that goes to the dress she's going to wear and she was looking for shoes and an evening bag to match. She did find shoes right away, which she bought, but we kept on looking. She finally did find a small evening bag, which she purchased, in a store at the opposite end of the mall from where she got her shoes. But, we still kept on looking. We went into a Nine West shoe store and she found an evening bag that matched the jacket perfectly, and she bought the evening bag. So, back to the store where she bought the other evening bag to return it, then back to the store where she bought her shoes to return them. Then back to all the shoe stores where we had previously visited to find shoes to match the new evening bag. Unfortunately she wasn't able to find anything.
Thank God there is a Starbucks in the outlet mall, as we were able to sit and realx with an iced coffee before heading home.

Cat, it sounds like you're having quite a time teaching the little kids about the computer. I did get a kick out of the boy actually getting up to teach your class. He sounds like he's going to be a handful. I also got a kick out of the little girl putting her hand to her mouth. I do hope your dd is feeling better after having her wisdom teeth removed.

Margaret, that's nice you adopted a kitten. I wish you many years of enjoyment.

Plyllis, I love your condo. Your lanai looks so inviting. I'm sure you've had many happy hours sitting out there.

Linda-Meowee, when we lived in NH we had woods all around us and we had a bear visit in the wee hrs. one summer morning and destroyed our bird feeders. Our house was built into a little hill so that our porch was 10' off the ground. Our bird feeders were attatched to the porch and the bear climbed up to the bird feeders and knocked them onto the ground. That's what woke us up. We went out onto the porch and the bear was eating all the bird seed. We had another Boston at the time and she was barking up a storm, but the bear never moved. It wasn't until DH accidently backed into our table and chairs, which made a noise, that the bear finally left. It had left perfect claw marks in our screen. It was kind of scary.

Zoe, congratulations on losing 26 lbs. That's fantastic!! I'm sure the commute to Boston does get to you after a while. I know how bad the traffic can be not to mention the hours in your car. That is interesting about the Peace Corp looking for people over 50.

Theresa, that's wonderful about your new job. I am very happy for you. I'm sure you can't wait for the phone call tomorrow.

Lynn, have a wonderful time today wherever you go today. One Fall in NH, DH & I went with some friends to a Scottish festival that one of the ski resorts hosted. We had a marvelous time even though we nearly froze to death.

Enjoy your Sun. everyone.
Ali
Old 09-09-2007, 09:51 AM   #119  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Good Morning . . .

Very happy to say that our horribly sticky heat wave appears to have been a one-day affair and the TV weather station was telling me we set a bunch of records for both the area and the country again. Seems quite normal and pleasant this morning. Thanks (for real this time) for shipping me the cooler, dryer stuff today, gang. . .

Additionally, the good old Fall Fair will wind-up today and then my little neighbourhood will be back to normal and pleasant (and quiet) again, too. Slept pretty well last night with the A/C drowning out most of the fair noises as well as keeping the house feeling fairly pleasant.

Hey, Theresa . . . I can have a cat wrapped and in the mail by tonight -- what do you want . . . male or female . . . old or young . . . short or long hair -- I've got them all.

OMG, Ali . . . that is a very, very scarey bear story.

Yep, Lynn . . . nothing like those healthy and tasty blueberries . . . especially in pancake form.

Well, Zoe . . . I didn't get any more blueberries yesterday because I didn't want to venture out in the heavy weather. Had HF cereal with banana and skim milk for brekkie this morning and I'm definitely suffering "withdrawal" now.

A great big HI for everybody else. Hope you all have a great day doing lots of really fun stuff . . . as soon as my hair is dry, I'm off to go blueberry picking (at the closest supermarket) so I can get my "fix". See you later . . .

Last edited by meowee; 09-09-2007 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:01 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 237/238/165

Height: 5 feet 7

I'm flying by again!!!

Today, I ate less food but I also didn't do 3 miles WATP. That's right DID NOT do it! Since I tend to go over my WW points on the weekend, I decided to do 3 miles WATP to counteract some of the food. I didn't do too bad this weekend either. I'm thinking that the September challenge and having to report daily is also an incentive to "be good"

I'm a little tired today. So I'm going to sign off. I've already updated my September Challenge.

For all of the Golden Girls, here's to this coming week!!!

Trish
Closed Thread