Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 09:15 AM   #301  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

First, and the most important thing for today, . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARYLYNN . . . So great to see another of our Chickies getting better and better (we never get older; just better).

Second . . . THERESA . . . I know you will have a great first day on the new job.

Now . . . for the more usual stuff . . . Definitely cold in northern Nova Scotia this morning. Current temp, and predicted high, is only 13C/55F. It's also rather dull and overcast, too. Supposed to warm up again for the rest of the week, though. Certainly hope so.

Woke up to squabbling cats this morning. The adults were having some sort of disagreement much to the delight of the watching kittens. As soon as I put breakfast on the floor, everything seemed to blow over, though. who knows what happened

Nothing too exciting on my agenda for today -- a few places to go and things to do. My morning weight has been below my ticker for the past couple of days, so I've got my for a good Wednesday Weigh-In. Maybe the scale- will be kind this week. I've actually been seeing occasional glimpses of the elusive 226 since mid-July. OMG, this is tedious. If it wasn't for 3FC, I know I would have thrown in the towel by now.

BTW . . . I put a great new video on the Top 7 Tips for Managing Diabetes into the Diabetes Forum this morning. Thought a couple of you might like to have a look at it.

Hope you all have a great day. Keep doing the good stuff just as much as you can, gang . . . see you later . . .
Old 09-24-2007, 09:33 AM   #302  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Smile Monday Again

Happy Birthday to You! (Marilyn) Hope your special day is GREAT!!

Theresa - Good luck on your first day at your new job!!

to SIWA, Ellen and Rosie!!

My weekend was a challenge...I fasted on Saturday with my DH...he does a 24 hour fast for Yom Kippur and I had never tried it...decided to give myself a day of fasting and reflection and it was very hard. I read a lot, and just tried to be at peace with myself for a day. I didn't make it all the way with the fast and had some cheese and bread later in the afternoon. Then I went to the "break the fast" after services and probably overate. Anyway my weight is up this am....this is probably why fasting is NOT a good idea for weight loss!!

Still absolutely gorgeous here...in the 70's and 80's during the day with no rain. I can't rememeber an early fall like this one. My flowers and tomatos are still in abundance.

I will get back on track today with keeping a food journal. Also plan to walk a few miles by the canal at lunch.

Have a great day, GGs.

Lyn

Last edited by lynard21; 09-24-2007 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:25 AM   #303  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Marilyn

WELCOME Ellen & Rosey

I am off in little over one hr. Have to eat yet. Don't know how long it will be till first break. So I am eating a nice size dinner. Will eat a salad or something at work. They said its $1.50 for lunch. Can't beat that! Just hope to find something I can add to my fitday without to many problems. Might take a fiber one bar with me too.

Thanks for the good luck. I hope I don't need it. But thanks
Yes I am nervous. one would think it was my first job.

I have so much to do before I leave. so everyone have a great sunny fall day.

hugs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_0692b.jpg (29.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 000_0629.jpg (28.1 KB, 11 views)
Old 09-24-2007, 10:26 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARYLYNN!!! I wanted to be sure and get that in first things this morning! I hope you have a really fantastic day!!

Hello to everyone else and to the New Golden Girls

Theresa, Good luck on the new job! Be sure and let us know how it went!

We have people coming to look at the house this afernoon so I need to get busy and get some things done but I'll be back later!!

Last edited by Karen31; 09-24-2007 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:30 AM   #305  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Happy Monday to all !!!! And an especially happy birthday to Marylynn!

I weighed myself Saturday morning & had GAINED a pound. Weighed myself Sunday and had lost the same pound. It’s my own fault. My exercise for the week was pretty pitiful, and I wasn’t very careful about counting my points. Gave up on the challenge thread altogether, I’m afraid, Guess I’ll wait now and start again next month. On my very high point day, I didn’t even bother counting points – I just ate pretty much what I wanted, and even though I’m not eating sweets or any of my old “bad” stuff, I know I have been overeating the “healthy” stuff, which isn’t much better. So now I have created a menu for the whole week – started on Saturday – and am counting points VERY carefully. Also plan to get in some exercise. My sister will be coming next Tuesday night, and it looks like she’ll be seeing “fat ole’ Zee” yet again. Even though I’ve lost 26 pounds, the remaining 18 is still sitting here looking glumpy.

Well, Trish, working all those hours and all, PLUS exercising, I guess it’s no wonder you lost weight! Congrats! You’re doing great!
Hi Lori – wow – adopted FOUR kiddos! That’s pretty impressive! You’re obviously a great mom, too….nice having you here with us!
Lynn, my DD got one of the Worcester Business Journal’s prestigious “Forty Under Forty” awards that they give to outstanding community leaders under the age of forty in central Mass. Here’s a link to the article. http://wbjournal.com/j/index.php?opt...318&Itemid=139 She neglected to mention her educational credentials and the picture is downright awful, but I’m proud of her, yanno?
Congrats on the four pound loss, Ann…I may have to get myself some of that tea…
Did your stepson check out that condo in Ohio, Phyl? Was it what you’re looking for?
Hey, Ali…sometime vacays “at home” are really the best. I know when we travel, I come home needing ANOTHER vacay to recover from the one we just took!
You’re doing great with the weight loss, Karen…it looks like you & Theresa are pretty much neck-to-neck. Drats about the fleas, huh? Lotta extra work, but of course those cute little poms are worth it!
Good luck with the new job, Tee! They’re gonna LOVE you!
Lyn, I don’t think I could fast like that if somebody PAID me…..I would definitely make up for it, and MORE once I could eat again, so it wouldn’t do me much good, either. And weighing in is SO “iffy”…sometimes it’s higher, sometimes way lower than you expected…I mean the whole thing could drive you nutzoid, you know?
Gayle! Can you post a pic of little Maddie? Oh, how I would LOVE to be in your shoes, lady! I want a new grandbaby SOOOOO bad!
Welcome SIWA, Rosey and Ellen! Jump right on in…the water’s fine!
Hiya Meowee-Linda, LindaD, (where are you, Bobbi & Jo-annie?) and all the other wonderful GOLDEN GIRLIES everywhere!
Have a good day all,

Z
Old 09-24-2007, 10:33 AM   #306  

Happy Birthday Marilyn!

Good Morning to Everyone.
I'll have to learn names. *shudders*
Last night I was like a criminal after my husband went to bed I gobbled three cookies.
Looking forward to getting a walk in today and staying on target.

Talk to you all later.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:28 AM   #307  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Happy Birthday Marylynn

Hope you have a wonderful day

Hello everyone else ~
Old 09-24-2007, 02:37 PM   #308  

Hi everyone.. another cool fall day here in alaska..winters coming brrrrrrrr..thankyou for the warm welcome..its going to take a while to get u all strait in my head,,happy birthday Marylynn hope your day is speacial..nothing on my agenda today but house work ugh best get at it.. ttfn and (((hugs))) rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 09-24-2007 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:55 PM   #309  
LindaD

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Good Morning Golden Girls:

I had a wonderful weekend. It rained like cats and dogs on Saturday. It was soooooo nice. It hasn't rained like that for about 18 months. It was pretty nice for a change. I haven't weighed myself this week as I weigh only 2 times a month but I did have to buy some smaller tops this weekend. Down one size!! I need to lose another size before I can get into my 'normal' clothes that I kept from when I was smaller. I'll get there....inch by inch and pound by pound.

Zoe: What's lavish and where do I get it? I could do the country life right now. I remember helping to raise an acre garden in the summer and fall. Great eating!! I remember after church on Sunday morning, picking corn, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, green beans, and digging potatoes and onions for Sunday dinner. Yummo!

Trish: Yeah!!!! Losing 1.6 pounds is wonderful. I'm thrilled for you.

Lori: 5 children. Big family! I am very touched that you adopted 4 children. The world needs more people like you. Bless you!

Lynn: Hang in there. You're going to wake up one morning, weigh yourself, and find you have broken your plateau and finally got below 160. You can do it.

Ann: Oh my gosh!!! 4 pounds!!! That is incredible. Keep up the great job.

Cat: Sorry you were ill but glad you're back amoung the living again. I keep a basket in my bathroom with crossword puzzles, saduko, pen, pencil, and reading glasses. I've learned over the years to be prepared for anything. Your yard sounds nice. You must have a green thumb.

Phyllis: I don't know about you but if I can't exercise then I don't lose. Once you get your foot healed and can exercise again I'm sure the 2 pounds will come off. Be patient with yourself.

Ali: Sorry you can't travel on your vacation but sometimes I just like to stay home and get things done, relax, and enjoy family and friends. Have fun!

Linda: I'm so sorry you're still not feeling well. I hope you begin to feel better soon.

Karen: Yeah!!! A 2 pound loss is great and you didn't even know you did it. Sometimes when I don't try hard, I will lose and then think 'Hmmmm How did that happen?' Sorry about those cotton pickin fleas.

Gayle: Glad you got your notepad working. It's very handy.

SIWA: Welcome back!!

Ellen: Welcome to the Golden Girls. This is a great thread and we all help each other with weight tips and life in general. All I can say is to post each day and let us know your issues with weight loss and I'm sure one of us has experienced it and can give you some tips. Lynn as well as some others here are better at explaining how to get your photo and all the little doo dads we use to keep our posts exciting. I'm sure they will give you some tips. Where do you live?

Hi Rosey: I'm glad you could join us. Let us know about yourself and keep posting so we can get to know you better.

Marylynn: Happy Birthday!!!

Theresa: I'm glad you had 2 days to enjoy. Have a nice time at your new job. You'll do fine. The first day is the hardest and it's downhill from there. Good luck!

I've got to get back to work. For all those I missed a big ((((Hug)))).

Last edited by LindaD; 09-24-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:20 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/140

Height: 5-10

Hi & Happy Monday to all of us!

Thank you everyone for the wonderful Happy Birthdays, gee it’s nice!

MIL is fine, back home frying up sausage & working on making a buffet of desserts. Trying to explain lifestyle changes through diet for this little diabetic is TOUGH! When I told her that I don’t eat meat she asked me if I could at least eat chicken then? Sigh, gotta love her.

It only took three short weeks but I finally broke a plateau & lost a whopping two pounds. I’ve taken up the training schedule proposed by Jillian Michaels (One of the trainers on The Biggest Loser) and that which dosent kill me…. Is going to kill me anyway. It’s a hard routine. Hope I survive.

Welcome SIWA, Rosie, Ann & Ellen! Don’t worry about trying to learn all of the names, just post & chatter and it will all come together, kindasorta. Out of all of the groups I’ve seen online, this is the closest knit group of friends around. No judgements here, just friends with support.

Zoe! Congratulations to your DD for her achievements! There’s a high level of professional work ethic in her neck of the woods which makes that award even more impressive. You have every reason to be proud. Hope you get to feeling better. Is it allergies?

All of you folks that lost weight! Congratulations! Nice to see the group growing but the people shrinking, woohoo!

Karen your dogs are wonderful! Mine get a shower about once a week and then blame each other for the event. Sorry to hear about the flea thing, and it’s a ton of work but those Poms are worth it and they’re darned lucky to have you. Someone is looking at the house? I’m sending more vibes.

Gayle! Pics! Details! If you don’t have a picture, draw us one! We’re waiting! Give Corbin a hug for us. He’s still very special.

Theresa good luck on the job… let us know about your first day. I’m hoping it will be absolutely perfect for you. I loved the eBay posting! Being one of those goofy people with an eBay store, maybe I’m just writing my listings wrong. Such a good example.

Lyn you’re a wonderful partner for your husband. I’m afraid I’d be running off to sneak a snack here & there. I just don’t have that discipline I guess. Probably the only thing I’d be reflecting on would be missing my coffee. The food journal keeps me honest. Mine’s online where the whole world can see it, it’s easier to avoid some of the temptations knowing I’ll have to document it.

Meowee-Linda I’m glad I’m not the only one with testy cats. My DD has a Norwegian Forest cat (looks like a dainty smaller version of a Maine Coone) upstairs in her room that goes ballistic if any of the other cats venture near the door. More than once we’ve heard full blown cat fights up there and it’s that one cat throwing a fit & scaring the fur off of the Maine Coone & a 4 year old shorthair that rule the house. Food seems to calm down all animals I guess. I know I’m not immune. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

LindaD – I’m sorry to hear about your son & his job. Here’s hoping for the best. Sending positive vibes your direction. Whatever you do remember we’re busy cheering you on. Every now & then I come across information that shows a correlation between stress & weight gain. Soooooo.

Lynn – We’ll all be glad when this class is over & you can relax! It sounds time consuming.

Lori – How old are those kids again? You win the patience award hands down. Write when you can.

If I missed you it’s not deliberate. Happy Monday to all & thank you for all of your kind words.

Take care!
Marylynn
Old 09-24-2007, 05:38 PM   #311  
Lifetime Loser

Sorry I'm checking in late in the day but

Happy Birthday Marylynn

:w oo:

Phyllis
Old 09-24-2007, 05:49 PM   #312  

Good Afternoon.
Having a great day so far. The weather in Pasadena is fantastic, seems to help alot. I'll post more and hopefully all your names will become familiar.
Off to make tuna salad.
This may seem weird to you but just by joining here I already feel better.
Thank you for all the kindness.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:58 PM   #313  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Nothing weird about it Ellen. Its wonderful how much support we all find on here.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:58 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Marylynn. I hope you've had a nice day today.

I'm still busy sewing. I'm now getting 2 orders a day. At least I'm staying busy and keeping my mind busy as well.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:01 PM   #315  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Ellen ~ what you are feeling isn't weird. It helps so much to know you are among people who understand what you are going through or have had similar experiences as you, and to know that you are not alone.
Closed Thread