Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 05:35 PM   #166  
Lifetime Loser

Theresa, sounds like a great opportunity for you......and free Curves too!!! Good for you.

Wow, Karen I hope you get the job you like the best. It is always easier if you like what your doing as in Theresas case.

Zoe, I'm still here just not much going on right now.....walked 2 miles today, went to Walmart!!!! Wow, how exciting. My life right now is quite boring compared to just your lunch activities!!! lol I'm into my walking and now doing my Oxysize deep breathing and my hypnosis tapes....really takes up a lot of my day but I love doing it all.

We went to dinner with some friends, the one couple moved last year to So. Carolina....6 of us went to dinner at a very popular sports bar here in the area and they had a Trivia contest!!!!!!!! Well after we all had a couple drinks it was really so much fun.........we decided they have to come down every week so our TEAM can try to WIN!!!! It was great fun and made me realize how much I miss that one couple.

Joanne my oldest son has RA.....he is taking the infusions for it and it is really helping him. We found out he had it when he was 4 yrs. old. It has settled in his knees and hopefully someday a knee replacement will help him. Right now he is OK. Hope your Mom goes into remission, what a blessing that is.

Wow, Linda D. 50 min. on the treadmill.......that would kill me!!! You must really be in good shape. Doing this 2 mile brisk walk with the dvd is quite enough. We bought a second one today as I am getting a bit bored with the same thing everyday....so now we can mix it up a little.

Linda, I'm feeling like you, this board moves so fast...wow miss one day and your so behind.....but I love everyone here, this is a great group. Stay away from that candy, I don't have a sweet tooth but love salty things.

Moxie, please do post the recipe and it is good having you back with us.

The Biltmore....we were there last fall. How beautiful is that estate. We bought several bottles of their wine too. I wouldn't mind going back there again and maybe spending one night at the hotel (if we could afford it). I am sure it is very expensive.

We just made plans to go back down to Key West with another couple the week before Thanksgiving, we will stay at the Hyatt. That is one trip I wanted to make as it is such a beautiful drive down from here once you hit Key Largo....about 6 hr. drive to Key West from our house. Our friends don't know we are planning on moving so we will tell them on this trip! BooHoo

I'll read more posts tomorrow and hopefully be caught up.

Phyllis
Old 07-14-2007, 05:59 PM   #167  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Darn it all, I'm gaining weight again. I have gone back to my old high calories living and don't dare get on the scale. We are in the process of moving my MIL to a assisted living apartment and the stress is more than I can handle. We are buying Busch Light beer to drink while trying to clean out her house, going to quick restaurants (Arby's, Mc Donalds, etc) I need to decide what she should take and what to put on auction. I'll probably be posting again in a month to get back on track. Oh...........I hate this! I'm guessing I'll be up 10 pounds by the time we get done with the move.
Bobbi
Old 07-14-2007, 06:06 PM   #168  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

BOBBI . . . sorry to hear about your MIL and also about your maintenance problems. IMHO, continuing to post on 3FC could help you a lot. I know lots of the Chickies swear by the Maintainers Forum for assisting them. Have you taken a look in there? . . .
Old 07-14-2007, 06:12 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone, first, let me thank everyone for all the good thoughts and prayers. I'll let you know what the docs have to say next week.

Hi Linda, about exercise - I'm about to change gyms. I just realized that my contract is up with my gym. I'm going to switch to one with a pool & LOTS of exercise classes.

Hi Joanne, congratulations on your son's biking achievement. I weigh myself at least once a day - I have for about 45 years. I've got a daily record from 2002.

Hi LindaD, I had my leg and arm surgery on the same day - my back surgery was a couple of months later. I'm REALLY hoping I don't need to go under the knife again.

Hi Margaret, I truly hope there's no darning needle in there - how in the world did that happen? The Hershey story reminded me of the Grey Gardens story - a GREAT play - seems the aunt and cousin of Jackie Kennedy Onassis died in squalor and poverty.

Hi Lyn, I hope you have a wonderful time in the mountains.

Hi Karen, good luck with the job interviews. I hope you end up with a fantastic job!

Hi Cat, a CUPCAKE! I LOVE it. (much better than a darning needle). When my dd got married, she had her ceremony and reception on a ship in FL - near Ft. Lauderdale. My sister, brother, dh, I, my sil's df, and my dd's df all flew down to FL (and of course, my dd & sil), and celebrated on the ship before it sailed for the islands. I always tell people, she eloped & we all followed her.

Hi Paula, I hope your father is getting settled in. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this will be a good placement for him.

Hi Phyllis, sounds like you really enjoyed your friends. How nice. The way you and your dh travel, you won't have to worry about missing anyone - you'll just have more places to visit.

Hi Theresa, give that adorable little girl a hug from me. Thank God they have good insurance. Working at Curves would be GREAT! Bet that would help keep the weight off.

Hi Linda (Meowee), stay away from that chocolate! You need to stay healthy so you can take care of all these websites!

I went to an Art Festival today - looking for a painting for my bedroom. Didn't find anything I loved. My gf and I went out to lunch and did a little shopping. Too hot to do much outside.
Tomorrow I'm taking my Little Sister to get glasses. She called yesterday to tell me she broke hers over a week ago - she needs them to see! Her parents have below minimum-wage jobs & 5 kids.
Glasses are a luxury for them.

Hope we are all having a nice Saturday,

Lynn
Old 07-14-2007, 06:16 PM   #170  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Darn it all, I'm gaining weight again.... Oh...........I hate this! I'm guessing I'll be up 10 pounds by the time we get done with the move.
Bobbi
Bobbi,

I am SO sorry to hear about your stressful time. Try to take care of yourself through this. Take it from one who's been there - high-stress times really take a toll. You need to take care of YOU.

Lynn
Old 07-14-2007, 08:55 PM   #171  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
I used to be quite a student of the labor movement in this country.
TTFN,
Z
Zoe, Sorry for missing you in my last post - must just be stress - OK, for you to bop me on the head

My dh had his doctorate in Labor Studies. He was a faculty member and taught in the Criminal Justice Dept, but his interest was more toward labor and politics than criminal justice.

Lynn
Old 07-15-2007, 08:25 AM   #172  
Onward and Downward

Hi there everybody . . .

Grrrrrrr . . . this is NOT shaping up to be a good day for me so far . . .

Kittens are absolutely insane. Just when I was telling a friend that Frickle had finally figured out the kitty litter, she did it on the couch again. I've been trying to crochet a little and they keep stealing my work. They've knocked everything off the top of the 8 foot long bookcase - twice (by 8 am).

The grocery store flyers didn't come yet so I was checking the specials on-line and they were loading soooooo slowly it was agony.

My weight is up this morning (rather than down) but it is lower than Wednesday was . . . who knows, maybe that means WWI will be good for a change.

At least my BGL is okay and the weather looks pretty good, so far. So, hopefully things are going to improve.

Here are some FFFFs for today that will hopefully get us thinking diet-friendly thoughts this morning . . .

Romaine lettuce derives its name from the romans who admired its healthful properties. In fact, the Emperor Augustus (for whom the month of August is named) put up a statue praising the lettuce for having cured him of an illness. In 1924, another Italian (actually American-Italian), chef Caesar Cardini (who owned a string of restaurants in Tijuana) created the salad that features romaine and still bears his name. He did not include the anchovies that usually appear in the modern Caesar Salad; in fact he considered their inclusion to be a silly perversion.

Anyway gang . . . . Hope you all have a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. See you later . . .
Old 07-15-2007, 08:45 AM   #173  
Lifetime Loser

Bobbi I feel your pain! We had to put my MIL in assisted in January and we live 200 miles away from her....many, many trips up to go thru her things, getting her settled in and once that was done going thru all her things again when we sold her house. But the end result is so worth it, she is very very happy where she is does all the activities and goes on the bus rides and smiles more than we have seen in years.

I started packing our lunch when we had to drive up there it helped in eating healthy and also saved some money!

Lynn so nice your a big sister, I may do that one day soon. Our minister is one of the leaders of our local club and he loves it too, a very worthy cause.

Linda, I am up 1 lb. and I know it is because I have eaten SALTY FOODS the last two days. Today I am going to do my 2 mile walk (I usually take today off) and drink extra water to flush my system out and hopefully it will be gone tomorrow. Good luck on your WI.

Phyllis
Old 07-15-2007, 09:21 AM   #174  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarusty View Post
The Biltmore....we were there last fall. How beautiful is that estate. ...

I'm in kind of a rush this morning (as usual) to get an "emergency" done for a client so no time for personals. (I just had to take a break!)But wishing everyone a wonderful relaxing Sunday.

I had forgotten about the "Biltmore story". When we visited, you could choose from a couple of tours...one that was just the inside of the house, or another where you also got to go out on the roof. I hate heights, so the roof was out. It was a self guided tour of the inside that we chose. We were enjoying the tour and were up on (if I recall correctly) the third floor. They have those "velvet rope" things that are on posts that guide you to where you need to go and we were just following the crowd. The "rope fence" suddenly brought us to a little door..kind of like an "Alice In Wonderland" door that was curved at the top and about 4ft or so tall. So whoever was in the front of our group opened the door and we all trooped behind them and found ourselves out on the roof! About that time a "roof tour guide" came along with another group and said "What are you doing out here without a guide?" And someone said, "We don't know, we were following the velvet ropes!". He then told us all to get back inside. (which was fine with me cause I didn't like being up there at all!) He called someone on his walkie talkie and they came and moved the ropes back to where they were supposed to be after we all got inside again.

After we finished the tour of the house, we ate in the "stable" then went to the wine shop.

A few hours later when we were back on the road, I heard my daughter shrieking with laughter from the back seat and saying "OMG, I can't BELIEVE you did that!!" and Graham (who was about 13 at the time) was laughing too. I said "did what?" and then Graham says "I'm the one who moved the ropes. I snuck up to the back of the crowd that was ahead of us and when no one was looking, I moved them" I wanted to die and said "Why in the world would you do such a thing?" and he replied "Because I wanted to see what was on the other side of that little door and I didn't want to get caught looking!" He figured he couldn't get yelled at if everyone went out there. He just blended in with the crowd and found out what was on the other side of the door!

Ok, story over and I need to get back to work.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-15-2007 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:33 AM   #175  

Good Morning Everyone,

I got a call from my dd last night. They had their boat and had sailed/boated? to Palmyra, NY where there was a Mormon convention/meeting.

I'm on my way out to pick up my Little Sister. Looks like it's going to be another hot day here.

Hi Linda, about your kittens - how old & how many?

Hi Phyllis, I HIGHLY recommend the BB/BS program. I get a lot of happiness from it & I think it is helpful for my Little Sister & her family. I really lucked out. My LS is VERY sweet - as is her whole family. My only problem is that I broke the rules VERY early in our relationship by spending quite a bit of money on her - now that she is 14, she has come to expect it. I'm not really sure how to back off gracefully.

Hi Cat, funny story about Graham and the rope. There's a sculpture garden near me where you just have to wander around to see things - no distinct paths - no map. I'll bet Graham would have loved that.

Hi everyone else - I'll check back later today.

Lynn
Old 07-15-2007, 03:03 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

I picked my green beans today. They will make a nice little pot full. I will probably make them Tuesday for dinner. We are going to my MIL's for dinner today and we will be going out to dinner for hubby's birthday tomorrow.

Theresa- The Curve's job sounds nice. Let us know if you definitely decide to take it.
My dad is about 20 minutes from me. The only problem is I don't drive on the expressway so I have to depend on one of my family members to take me to see him. So far that isn't been a huge problem.

Zoe- WOW what a day for you. I hope you get to relax today.

Bobbi- I read in a magazine recently that stress can make us gain wait. Plus the eating out is always hard too. Stay away from that beer and drink water instead. Think of us here to help you make it through the days.

Linda- Aren't kitties fun? I hope they stop being so bad.

Femme- Funny story. Aren't kids wonderful.
I've tried to view your blog, but it says it doesn't exist.

OK I have to sew a little before I go to MIL's. Have a nice sunny day.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:03 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Afternoon all you Golden Girls,
I thought that I would pop in for a bit before I start watching the NASCAR race. Yeah, I'm a big fan.

Theresa, that would be so neat to get a job at Curves!! I would love that. It would be like getting paid to lose weight!! Let us know if you take it. I know they have one in Woodland Park but I haven't been able to save enough to go. Now I'll just wait and see what happens with everything else for now. And your daugther and grand daughter are both adorable!! I know you are proud of them both.

Paula, glad that your Dad is settling in nice. I'm sure that is a big relief to you.

Cat, that is such a funny story--- it sounds like something that my son would have done at that age!! Too Funny!

Linda, that is funny about your cats.... It is kind of like having a house full of 2 year olds forever!! I used to have cats too. Now I have 2 pomeranians and they are still like having 2 year olds!! But I love 'em anyway!!

Bobbi, I know what you mean about having a hard time staying focused on losing weight. Right now I so much want to get back to MO. and be with my Dad but until things get taken care of here I just can't go. Except if it was an emergency. This morning I woke up with a scratchy throat and it seems that all I want to do is munch!! This can't be good!!

Well, I'm going to get going now and I'll get back to everybody later. Hoep everyone has a good Sunday. Karen
Old 07-15-2007, 04:49 PM   #178  
Onward and Downward

Hi again . . .

Things have not exactly improved around here . . . I think the kittens got into the Kickapoo Joy Juice in the middle of the night. They haven't slowed down all day and everything they come into contact with seems to be stuck on self-destruct mode. Consequently everything I come into contact with is taking at least twice as long to accomplish as it should. Wish I could find myself some of that same 'juice'.

Hi Phyllis. I think my gain is just from the fact that it's decided to be Summer and the humidity is higher.

Hi Cat. Sounds like fun. Hope you get that project done, too.

Hi Paula. Enjoy those beans. Yummy.

Hi Karen. Enjoy the race.

This must be the only one of my groups I haven't bored to death with these kittens yet . . . you will be sorry you asked, Lynn.

I have three Bengal Leopard kittens - they just turned 4 months old. The Bengal is now a recognized domestic breed that was originally developed by crossing a wild Asian Leopard (a smallish wild cat) with a domesticated Abyssinian or an Egyptian Mau. They are rather unusual looking and rather unusual behaving as well. They love water, love to fetch, talk a lot, and (so they tell me) are easy to train to walk on leash. When I first saw them, I had a weak moment and bought the whole litter. I will take some new pictures (when they stop moving long enough) and post them soon. In the meantime, here's a link to a wonderful site with lots and lots of pictures . . . http://www.bengal-cat.net/index.htm . . . in case you've got nothing better to do with a few minutes. Mine are Marbles -- two females called Frick and Frack; and a male called Freckle. Of course, they have great long registration names too . . . but I really don't care and I don't think they do either. At the bottom, I've included some of their three-month pictures.

I also have three adult cats . . . a Calico (Purrecious) about 1.5 years old that tries her darndest to keep up with the kittens . . . a big old (age 12) grey hairy thing (Mouse), that spends his life hissing at them . . . and my oldest(over 13), a black Burmese (Jazz), who also has diabetes and gets insulin shots twice a day , and puts up with being adored by all three kittens.

Anyway . . . that's definitely enough of my babbling for now. Have a great evening. See you all tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg birdsmaybe.jpg (29.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg comfy.jpg (41.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg gonnagetcha.jpg (23.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg standupcomic.jpg (14.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg winner.jpg (21.5 KB, 13 views)
Old 07-15-2007, 06:24 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

WOW! Linda your cats are beautiful!! A few years ago on my birthday I was at a place that had a baby bengal tiger (4 months) and I got to hold it and feed it a bottle! I was so surprised that he felt kind of wirey, I expected them to be real soft like a regular cat. I don't think you will find anyone here who gets tired of hearing about "Furbabies"

Have a good day! Karen

Last edited by Karen31; 06-08-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:12 PM   #180  
Onward and Downward

Oh wow Karen . . . now that's a KITTEN . . . I would never have thought a tiger cub would feel wirey either . . . mine are amazingly soft - even softer than a normal kitten. Strange.
Closed Thread