Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 10:37 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Trish- Glad the transplant went well. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.
: WOOHOO on the 2.4 pounds lost!!!

Theresa- Good luck with the MRI.

I didn't go see my dad today. My step-sister was suppose to take his girlfriend to visit today. She usually calls me when she's finished visiting. I didn't hear anything from anyone today.

I had my Red Hat meeting tonight. We had it a week early because my anniversary in next Thursday which is when we should have had the meeting.

I think I'm off to bed. Good Night everyone.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:14 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Trish--- so glad to hear that the transplant went so well. I'm sure you are feeling tired but so happy at the same time. Sending good thoughts your way for a speedy recovery. And Congrats on the 2.4 pound loss! Good Job!

Theresa, I'll be thinking about you and your MRI tomorrow. Sure hope things go well for you. We'll be anxious to hear from you.

Well, it has been kind of a long day and we are having thunderstorms tonight here. Still have flash flood warnings out. Think I'm going to go to bed and just put this day behind me.

I'll chat more tomorrow. Everyone-- Have a good night. Karen
Old 07-20-2007, 02:52 AM   #258  
Moxiesd

S/C/G: 235/175/155

Height: 5'2"

Hello Golden Girls....Hope you all are tucked in bed & snoozing well!

I just got off "work" and have a hard time winding down. I am currently working "in home" care for the greatest family. It is always a joy to work with them, and I can't believe how fortunate they are to be able to have ladies come to the house and individually care for their mom. She gets such good care, and I know how miserable she would be at the nursing home available to us in that town.

Fun for tomorrow...try out new recipes....guess I won't post the recipes for some of the SOUPS that I have. Seems some people just can't appreciate the finer things in life.

Ellebella....The passport is for just in case I get to (or have to) use it. My son is in the Navy and will be sent overseas in October. He says he is going to Germany (he lies a lot to spare mom worrying), if he is there at Christmas time, I think it would be fun to visit him. I expect he may be deployed to Germany, and then from there they will re-assign him to some other mid-eastern countries that I like to keep nameless. If he is re-assigned, it will be his second tour of duty there.

Cat...dirty socks in the refrig...yep, it does sound like old age to me! (Really Old Age....about like my age!)

Trish...So happy to hear the good outcome with your dad. Prayers for continued success and speedy recovery. (Are you sure that 2.4 pounds wasn't blood, sweat and tears????) Congratulations on the wt loss.

Lynn...how are things going for you & the Dr.? Hoping for the best for you.

Hello to all the rest, and hope to catch up with you all soon.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:08 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday - July 20

Attachment 26392

Good Morning Everyone,

Hi Zoe, you wrote, "I’ve been doing this “lifestyle change” for a while now, but I have to say that every so often, I see - or hear about - something that makes me think very longingly for the sweets that I don’t eat anymore." Last night I dreamed that my mother and I were planning Thanksgiving dinner (she's been dead for 30 years!) and I was complaining because of all the foods I would not now be able to eat. Strange, isn't it? My sub-conscious knew that I could no longer eat carbs, but didn't know my mother is dead!

Hi Cat, what a cute card. I can see that you are the computer maven here. Now I know who to come to when I get stuck.

Hi Joanne, too bad your cousin didn't scare you away from something more fattening than jello! Enjoy your 3-day weekend.

Hi Paula, tell your dad to get ready for some cards from the Golden Girls.

Hi Linda (Meowee) & Karen, try to keep dry today. My dd & sil are up in NY State - near Canada - they are ready to cut their vacation short by a day bc of the rain.

Hi Trish, how wonderful for your stepfather & mother & family. CONGRATULATIONS on losing 2.4 lbs. Maybe the rest of us should run out and get some of those granny rolls.

Hi Lily, we've lost the same amount this month - I keep bouncing back and forth between 165.8 and 166.2 - my goal is to get to 165 by the end of the month.

Hi Theresa, Hope your birthday was as nice as you are. Welcome to the "Golden years."

Hi Margaret, Christmas in Germany - wouldn't that be great! Our trip to Alsace region of France last Christmas was just across the border from Germany - in fact, throughout history, Alsace has often belonged to Germany. See some photos attached. NOTE - I don't know why the top one came into my message up there - that's my dd, my sister, and my sil.
Yesterday, my df and I went into Philadelphia to see "Introducing the Dwights" - it was supposed to be a comedy - NOT. But, I liked it - my df hated it. Anyway, across the street from our lunch restaurant, there were people lined up around the block to get into a giant brick building - I asked why & found out they were waiting to get same-day passports. Seems like there is a backlog on getting passports. You are wise to get yours now just-in-case.

OK - today is my trainer mtg. at my gym & then off to the GYN doctor. I doubt I'll get any real news about my problems today - most likely he'll order more tests - I'm sure they wouldn't want to miss a chance to do more tests. I'll get back to you if I find anything out.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 04-07-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:33 AM   #260  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Lynn, planning Thanksgiving dinner with your Mother sounds like a perfect way to spend a dream...even if you can't eat the good stuff! It's strange how we "pick" our dreams, huh?

I got up this morning to NO emails from clients, so I just might be able to play today. I had to go out early and spray for mosquitos. Because of all the storms we are having, we had puddles all over and it is staying wet and icky everywhere, especially under bamboo trees. I saw in the paper yesterday that they have found west nile in puddles in this parish and I want to make sure to keep the bugs away. I got chewed to bits out there spraying so need to go head off to the tub with some baking soda. I put some itch spray on, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I've attached a pic of my new kitchen helper (bad blurry picture though...I can't seem to get the right inside adjustments on the camera quick enough!) She is standing on the dishwasher door...she has decided it's something she HAS to do each time I load it up..

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-19-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:54 AM   #261  

Default Darling Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
I've attached a pic of my new kitchen helper (bad blurry picture though...I can't seem to get the right inside adjustments on the camera quick enough!) She is standing on the dishwasher door...she has decided it's something she HAS to do each time I load it up..
She is ADORE-able - now, if my cat jumped on my diswasher door, she'd break it off.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:11 PM   #262  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Red face Pretty Quiet Day so Far

Hi all,

Just a quick check-in on my half-day at work today. I'm eating my lunch and then am off to the car dealer to have my Saturn inspecterd, oil changed and raer door fixed. Maybe I'll do some walking while I am waiting.

I'm looking forward to a weekend with no real plans. It's supposed to be in the 70's here and sunny. Soo...have a great weekend everyone!!

Lynn - those photos remind me of my trip to Europe about 5 years ago. We went to this Medivial City somewhere in Germany - it was walled and all of the streets were cobblestone.

Cat - love the dog photo. Yeah, I'd be careful of those nasty mosquitos!

Lyn
Old 07-20-2007, 01:50 PM   #263  

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note - all is OK. The "masses" are just bigger cysts on my ovaries than I had 5 years ago. Doctor said there is no ovarian cancer that would take 5 years to kill me so I must not have cancer.

I'm happy.

Check you later,

Lynn
Old 07-20-2007, 03:15 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Hi ladies,
Ok, MRI is done!
Not bad experience at all. My hubby kept telling me how bad
it was for him. If it weren’t for the noise, I could have slept. I got there early, (did not know how long it would take to get there).
so I got in 45 min. early. I will here next week about
the test results.

Lots of extra time left… So I bought my first new bra… I went from a 40DD to a 40D.
That little girl in JCPenny’s kept trying to tell me to try a 38-40 B or C cup.
NOT!
Its nice to have the girls up where they belong again.

Paula,
I would also love to send post cards, etc to your dad. Sounds fun. Let him see what our little
town has.

Trish,
I am so glad to hear the surgery went well. Keep up the hard work on the weight loss! that’s great.

Lynn,
that is the best news! I am so happy for you. Now, you can get on with out so much worry. [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/HP_ADM%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]
Love the pics… they look like fun places.

Cat,
What a cutie,
I love them when they are puppies. Well I love them when they grow up too.
What kind of dog is it?

Moxie,
Some of us really love soup… at least homemade soup. You can share in the recipes forum.
any low fat- low carb recipes, even better.
I must have missed something Dirty socks in the fridge?

Well its that time again, Maybe Saturday I will have time to write a little more.
Later,
Old 07-20-2007, 04:33 PM   #265  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi gang . . .

I'm running way behind again today . . . don't know where my time disappears to some days. It's been another hot, and humid, and rainy day. Yuck. I think I can feel my ankles swelling as I sit here typing.

Glad to hear that everybody has been having a good day and that all the medical procedures have been going well and having fine endings.

Have a great evening everybody. Hopefully I'll have more time for chatting tomorrow . . . you are definitely all in my thoughts even when I don't manage to get those thoughts on cyber-paper . . .
Old 07-20-2007, 04:49 PM   #266  
Lifetime Loser

Just a quick Hi....

Lynn so HAPPY everything is OK.....prayers do work! And the photos were great.

Cat, that puppy is just too cute, what a great helper! lol

Moxie, I love soup....please post your ideas.

Lyn, enjoy your weekend with no plans...those are the best.

Trish glad the transplant went well and hope all will go smoothly....Congrats on the weight loss, I again seem stuck.....this is slow going for me.

Theresa, that is always where I lose weight first and I can't afford to lose in my chest!!!! Also I lose in my legs and I need to lose in my stomach but that is the last place I lose. Glad the MRI was OK for you, I hate them.

Hi to everyone I missed.....I check back later.

Phyllis
Old 07-20-2007, 05:48 PM   #267  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note - all is OK. The "masses" are just bigger cysts on my ovaries than I had 5 years ago. Doctor said there is no ovarian cancer that would ....

See, just cupcakes afterall!! I had a mass in my uterus..that's why I had to have the hysterectomy. I never knew exactly what it was, but it wasn't cancerous either. I had a bladder lift while they were in there...So IF I chose not to, I'd never have to wear underwear again!

Theresa, Glad the MRI went well. I get claustrophobic, so I didn't enjoy the one I had at all..plus I had to listen to Willie Nelson on earphones...he was getting on my last nerve by the time it was over with...

I just got back from the gym and short shopping stop. I am so exited I just have to tell someone! I am going to a friend's house tomorrow evening and wanted to get a pair of black capri pants. I didn't see any at first and tried on a skirt. I was a very tight size 16 when I started SB in April. I could squeeze into a 16, but it pushed my tummy up into my throat (hence, I started SB!) So I tried on a 14 and prayed it would not be too tight. It didn't fit...it was TOO BIG!!! So I tried on a 12 and it fit and was tad loose! unfortunately it had a makeup stain on it, and they didn't have another in that size..but I did end up finding the pants I wanted..size "S" and on sale! (I think their S's must be big!)

And here I've been depressed because of the stupid scale. I think I'm throwing it away. One of the couples that is going to the dinner party tomorrow night is bringing homemade ice cream. With my new size "s" pants, it will be a lot easier to pass up!!
Old 07-20-2007, 07:53 PM   #268  
Lifetime Loser

Smile

WAY TO GO CAT!!!!!!!!!!

Phyllis
Old 07-20-2007, 08:15 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 237/238/165

Height: 5 feet 7

Thumbs up

Hi GGs!

I have just returned from the hospital. Stepdad looks so much better. The kidney is not functioning today. We are hopeful that this is just a temporary condition. His doctors said that sometimes this happens. This just gives me something extra to pray about today...that can only be a good thing!!!!!

I can't go on this site at work so I only post at night.

Lynn: I am so glad to hear that the news was good concerning your tests. I like your term (and someone else's) that we are on a "lifestyle change". I'll remember that when I try to reach for something that I know isn't good for me.

Cat What breed of dog is your helper? He is soooooo cute. I have a dotson. A rather spoiled dotson since my son returned home from college. If I spelled the our dog's name incorrectly, spell check didn't give me any viable alternatives and I'm too tired to look for the dictionary.

Theresa: Theresa I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I'm also very glad to hear the results of your MRI.

To everyone else that I didn't specifically name:

I probably won't be on too much or too long this coming week. My Harry Potter book arrives tomorrow!!! I love the stories... too bad I didn't come up them
Old 07-21-2007, 07:16 AM   #270  

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone. I'm over 50 and have been seriously trying to lose my extra pounds for the past few weeks. So far I've been watching calories and walking at least two miles a day. It's great to have found this site - you are all so friendly and supportive.
Heidi
Closed Thread