Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 07:47 PM   #346  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Linda, I'm "on" South Beach, but plan on eating this way forever...unless it is a very special occasion like Thanksgiving etc..but I'm really enjoying the food and have never felt deprived at all..
I started in April.

Caprese Salad is sliced tomatos with mozzarella slices, olive oil and fresh basil...but I do it a little differently.

I don't use large slices of mozzarella...I just used grated mozzarella. Instead of just olive oil, I make a vinegarette out of garlic paste, salt and ground pepper, balsamic vinegar and sometimes a little dijon mustard and/or italian seasoning..whatever I have on hand and am in the mood for...
you an also 'stack" the tomato slices and mozzerella and basil like a big "sandwich" ..then drizzle the dressing over it..
It is very light and very refreshing. You can use dried basil, but the fresh gives it such a great taste.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-26-2007 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:23 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

Wow, am I far behind on my reading and posting. You GGs don't slow down do you?
First, good news, my weight is still at 149, bad news - my weight is still at 149.
I am hoping it is really at 148 lbs. and 14 oz. or something like that. Lynn, I really do want one of those scales now.

Cat, you should have your own cooking show - when I read your posts I imagine myself listening to "Cat's Kitchen" or some other lovely food show. And your recipes sound sooooo good.

Phyllis, is Oxycise the same thing that Susan Sommers was doing about 10 or so years ago? I remember getting a book about some breathing technique and almost passed out trying to figure out how to do it. I know you keep exhaling until your eyes cross.

Hey, my anniversary is Aug. 1st! So many of us with anniversaries in August, and I thought June was the popular month. It will be our 37th.

Gotta run out for groceries yet tonight, so I'd better get moving. At least I can get more walking in. Hello to everyone and congrats to the steady losers (that didn't sound good but you know what I mean) and hang in there all of those who aren't losing in leaps and bounds but feel 200% better than when they started!
Old 07-26-2007, 08:48 PM   #348  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI LADIES ~ Thanks so much for the welcome! I think I am going to like it here...if you let me stick around! I am not going to post much right now...I am going to go back and read and "get to know you" all a little bit except for KAREN, her and I have dabbled in real estate a little ...she can explain

I will go post in the intoduction part and be back later.

Thanks again ~ Gary
Old 07-26-2007, 08:54 PM   #349  
Moxiesd

S/C/G: 235/175/155

Height: 5'2"

Hello Golden Group!

The weather is moderating slightly!! I picked my first tomatoe from my garden today!!! (Yes, I enjoyed having a salad with the tomatoe!)
Took the kitten to the vet for a visit. Kitten was not impressed with the process, and has decided to hide....not a good sign....I'm supposed to keep an eye on her for any allergic reactions to the shots.

Heidi...You do ironing???? I thought that had fallen the way of the dinosaur! I was at a bridal shower Saturday, and we "oldies" started talking about how the gifts had changed since we were "brides". Of course, the iron came up, seems they used to get 2 or 3 of them, and now they are no where to be seen!

Teresa: That is an interesting book....let us know what you learn from it. I have a book "Fats that Heal and Fats that Kill". It is pretty technical. But I mostly avoid all fats that I can.... and make up for it with sardines, salmon, alvocadoes, walnuts, cashews, and seeds. Maybe I will start adding a tblsp of "healthy" fat to my menu and see if that helps the cravings & plateau and you mentioned.

Cat: Your recipe for fish sounds delicious. I will have to try it. (Although the best fist I ever had was way back when Weight Watchers produced a packet of chicken bouillon, I sprinkled it on a fish and forgot that it was in the oven, about an hour later....or was it longer.....I remembered the fish, it was stiff as a board....I called it fish jerky and decided to try it before I tossed it, IT WAS SO GOOD!!!! I used to make it frequently...way back then. Now I can't find the Weight Watchers bouillon, so I suppose that they have discontinued it.

Lynn: I'm surprised that your diet is about 50 percent fat. Tell me in what ways you use the fat. Does fat help the blood sugar to remain constant?
My DIL is having a hard time keeping up with the exercising. Like most young people with families and working, finding time to exercise is as difficult as finding the energy to do so. But she is trying to keep at it. She may find that once I fall victim to cronic fatigue, that she has no problem passing me by with the exercise. But it's something to keep us motivated.

Hello to everyone. My memory is short on who said what....but I enjoy remembering what was said!!
Old 07-26-2007, 09:16 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Sorry I'm posting so late. We left early this morning so we could eat breakfast and then go for a long drive. We visited the garden place. It was very nice. When I got home I wandered around the backyard and wished it looked like the gardens we had just seen. It's a work in progress. We ate dinner at a steak house. It was a nice anniversary day spent together. We did a lot of walking and driving today.

I didn't see my dad today, but yesterday he was doing fine. I talked to the therapist and she said that he had walked about 4 feet using the walker today. She said that if he keeps up this hard work he'll be walking the length of the gym in a few weeks. I aM SO PROUD OF HIM. hE WAS SO TIRED FOR HIS WORKOUT THAT HE FELL RIGHT TO SLEEP WHEN THEY PUT HIM BACK TO BE. Oops lock key was on. I hate when that happens.

Joanne- : Hey a loss is a loss. Celebrate it!!

Margaret- : WOO HOO 5 pounds and making your monthly goal is awesome!!!

I am so jealous that you picked a tomato from your garden. Mine are getting bigger, but they aren't even beginning to turn color yet. I think it's because we've had such a cool couple weeks and not a lot of sunshine.

Lynn- You are doing FABULOUS!!!

LindaD- Good news on your company wanting to keep you on longer and giving you a raise too.

Gary-

Cat- I am also a BB fan. I've watched every year since the beginning. I don't get showtime so I can't watch the After Dark. I also don't get the live feeds, but I do read the message boards to keep on what's going on in the house. I don't have a favorite to win yet.

Phyllis- Hey, 2.5 pounds is a loss. Don't be down on yourself. The closer we get to goal the harder it is to lose. You will make it as will all of us!!

Karen- Did they like your house? Any offers??? OK I just read your latest post. Good Luck Saturday!!!

Good news that you are going to meet up with your grandsons. I hope everything works out for you and your visit. Photos please!!!

Last edited by grammpaula; 07-26-2007 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:36 PM   #351  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Everyone!
Well, the guy came to look at the house today and said that he will probably be back with his wife on Saturday. So that is a little encouraging. He really like the house and also the big garage.

And on another note, we talked with my ex daughter-in-law today and we haven't seen the two older grandsons in about 11 years ( bitter break up) but we are going to meet at McDonalds tomorrow for lunch! YAY!!!! And my sons present wife is also bringing up TJ and Jade to meet their half brothers!! Isn't that fantastic!!! I'm really smiling tonight!! I am definitely bringing the camera!! My son would like to be there too but since he is working out of town and can't get back in time he will make it another time. I'm hoping that we can all get together here for a cookout!

Hi Gary--- we still have our house for sale but did sell the boat and the tractor! So that is a good start. And for everybody who is wondering ---- I noticed on a post that Gary had said that he had been in Colorado Springs one weekend. So just thinking that maybe he might know of someone interested in the house I PM'd about it. Come to find out he did know of someone that might be interested so I sent pictures of the house for him to forward on. I figure every little bit will help. So that is how Gary and I came to "know" each other.

Anyway, think maybe I better get off the computer again-- we have been having rain all day today and it is kind of still lightening and I don't like that!
I'll catch you all later... Have a good night!

Last edited by Karen31; 07-26-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:06 PM   #352  

S/C/G: 237/238/165

Height: 5 feet 7

Hi everyone.

At today's weigh in, I gained .8 lb I'm not too upset about that because earlier this morning I had fasting blood work. When the appointment was over I was starved and light-headed...so I ate a bagel, tuna, and a pickle. I also washed it down with 2 cups of water.....anyway, Weigh-in was 1 hour later. (And I remembered that after I ate.)

So I figure I've either lost a little or at least held my own.

Lynn: My Birthday is July 30. I'll be 51 and I'm OK with that!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 10:16 PM   #353  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Omigawd, what a day! I forgot - until the medical center called last night to remind me - that I had appointments this morning for X-Rays. When I went to my last Dr’s appt. (the one who schedules tests that I don’t go and get done) she said she’d like X-rays of my leg and bum to see if she can see anything that might be causing the pain I have when I walk too much. She mentioned Sciatica, and said she thinks it could be that, but wanted X-rays to see what (if anything) shows up. Also wanted some pics of my chest since I smoked up until this past January. AND, I figured X-rays weren’t too invasive, so I might as well get them. And did - and didn’t get into the office until noon, and THEN had forty-kazillion people, it seems, wanting something every freaking minute I was there. Tomorrow <sigh of relief> Jack & I head up to the North Shore to visit with some more of our *fans* . We plan to head home no later than 3:00 no matter WHO wants us to drink iced tea with them!
I got a pedometer - ordered it from online, and I don’t know if it gives miles or the number of footsteps you take. I stuck it on my shoe and went for my bike ride, and when I got back in the house & took it off, it said 5:88. So whatzzat? Jeeze, I’m just no good at this fitness stuff. It was SO hot & humid - like 90 degrees with 90% humidity, and yet I don’t seem to perspire much. I don’t know if that’s good or bad. I never have. But I’ve been drinking a LOAD of water every day, and Arizona diet iced tea, and black coffee. Seems like I ought to be perspiring SOME, don’t you think?
Oh, Moxie, don’t worry about forgetting me in your post. We all forget - or just don’t get to everyone in every post. Doesn’t mean we don’t care, you know? Congrats on the weight loss, BTW. Great job!
VERY nice offer from your company, LindaD. Dang, you must be REALLY good at what you do! I’m surprised the headhunters aren’t sniffing around already. I bet they will, once your company announces a final closing date. Your brother & his fiancee are a nice looking couple!
Good grief, Jo-annie! That was some oil spill! Is that highway passable again yet? You said it was on your work route, right?
Heidi! Ironing???? Omigawd. I HATE ironing! Only do it one piece at a time, and as I need something. DH takes his shirts to the cleaner. I don’t envy you that task, m’dear! I hope it’s over with quickly.
I really enjoyed your recent bits of trivia, Meowee-Linda! DH did, too. He LOVES stuff like that - he knew about the “high off the hog” one, but not about the buttons. He tucked that away in his brain’s file cabinet and will no doubt use it in a conversation with somebody in the not-too-distant future.
Glad you checked in, Phyllis...you know I worry when you stay out late without calling. Hey, good stuff with the “looking toned” and all...I really wouldn’t care what I weighed if I LOOKED good, yanno? Congrats on the two pounds, tho...WAY better than gaining two pounds, eh?
Oooooooh, Karen! Quick! Let us know if the guy from NM liked the house! OH! Just saw your latest post, and that really IS encouraging! Oh, that’s just awesome about the grandkids! I hope you can get them all together for a cook-out and get the chance to spend some time with them. It’s so hard when things like that happen in a family - everybody misses out on so much. Let’s hope you can make up for some lost time, now.
Moody Blues, eh, Lyn? You get to have all the fun!!!! No FAIR!!! I SWEAR I’m going to start doing some exciting stuff too! Pretty soon. If I’m not too tired. (You’re younger than me.)
I’ll get “Rethinking Thin”, Lynn. From your summary, it sounds pretty logical, and may give me a few new ways to approach this whole weight loss thing I’m doing. I also have to say that I’ve often thought the same as you about addictive eating being very similar to addictive anything...drugs, alcohol, whatever. We are at a significant disadvantage, from my perspective, insofar as drug addicts and alcoholics can STOP altogether (although I’m not suggesting it’s easy) but WE have to find a way to keep on eating and somehow controlling our addictive behaviors. REALLY not easy. I don’t think, incidentally, that I’ve lost much more than 2 or 3 pounds this month - got a little off track when my son was visiting and it took me a little while to get enthusiastic again. I didn’t do any big binges or anything...just probably went a little over my calories pretty consistently. I’m just awfully glad that I didn’t GAIN anything! AS for my novel, it still needs a lot of work before I’d want anybody to see it. I’m still leaning towards a post mortem debut.
Theresa, I’m so sorry about the pain you’re in. Isn’t there anything you can TAKE to help it? Man, I know my leg isn’t that bad, and I’m still such a wimp about it. I wonder if acupuncture - or something like that might help?
Hiya Lily! I did a little grocery shopping after my X-rays this morning. Ack! I HATE grocery shopping!
Hello, Gary. Welcome to the GOLDEN GIRLS. Actually, Karen vouched for you, and since we all respect her judgment, it looks like you’re in, kid. Just behave yourself, you hear? I’m one of the older crones hereabouts, and have been known to chase after people with my broom!

Oboy. Gotta get off here and get to bed.

TTFN,
Z
Old 07-26-2007, 10:24 PM   #354  

S/C/G: 237/238/165

Height: 5 feet 7

Before I sign off tonight, Zoe this is for you:

I hope all turns out well with your testing!

PS I love your posts.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:17 PM   #355  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Back again real quick GALS ~ I am still reading trying to get to know you...you gals are busy posters!

Just for the record I watch/am watching right now BIG BROTHER (and my DODGER game) and I love the MOODY BLUES I saw them for the first time in San Diego in 1973!

LINDA ~ Angie and I live down here in Oceanside. My old girlfriend from high school, '72 ROCKS , lives at the "lake" there. I pass your way a bunch when I work in Los Angeles or Ventura.

Well back to the game...I will catch up and be back soon!
Old 07-27-2007, 12:49 AM   #356  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Here are a few pictures ~ The first one is the last one of Angie and I with our god-daughter and her mom ~ the second is Angie in the mud at her last mud run (she is hard to keep up with) and my son, in the blue shirt, at his volleyball match last week-end...I USED to look that thin about 25 years ago! Then me in my last 5K...talking on my cell phone, to my mom, at the finish.

Last edited by EZMONEY; 09-16-2007 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:55 AM   #357  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Oh I almost forgot...you all can relate right? ZOE ~ I usually don't behave...that's what makes it fun...I do try to be respectful though...always...but what can I say sometimes I blow it...after all I am the "WEAKER" sex right?
Old 07-27-2007, 08:33 AM   #358  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Good Morning to all the Golden Ones!

The sky is red outside, so it looks like another day of rain. So far, not much on my work schedule and hope it stays that way. I have a long list of "to-do's" today..clean the house,go to gym, go to bank for my daughter's BF (they have not opened new accounts in LA yet, so I do their banking for them till they do) I also have to go to UPS to send a bronze plaque to a memorial company. The "service" sent a beautiful "foot maker" when my Dad died that lists all of his airforce service and we wanted it mounted on granite before it was installed at the cemetery. Guess my husband will have to go with me, cause that sucker is heavy! Also have to go to grocery store. I hate "chore day", but glad when I get everything accomplished..

For the Big Brother Fans..Amber is the one who rattled on like a deranged Magpie the other night, loudly slobbering on the cookies on the After Dark show. I noticed that she was eating cookies again on the show last night. She's going to end up here if she doesn't stop..then we can all type "uh huh, uh huh, uh huh" when she posts. Did you all catch what "Evil" was doing outside the door the last night. I'm sure his mother was thrilled. yuk.

Zoe, let us know about those tests!

I have a sinus "thing" coming on and feel crummy but determined to go to the gym anyway. I need it...helps to clear my mind.
I had a rough day yesterday working on a shopping cart for client. They will be having a sale where people can choose so many items for one price and I had to configure it to let them choose one item from a drop down list of those items..for instance in one they could get 3 items for X amount..so they could choose one item in each if 3 lists..nearly snatched myself bald headed, but finally got it working..it was an afternoon of many cups of coffee..but in the "old days" I would have gone for chocolate, so that's a good thing!

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-27-2007 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:29 AM   #359  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Not much going on here today. It started raining early this morning. I woke up at 3 and it started raining really hard. It rained until just a little while ago. There was some pretty loud and long thunder this morning. I feel so sorry for the campers and Boy Scout Camp. I don't know if they are in cabins or in tents. If they are in tents they might be floating somewhere right now. They will be home tomorrow. Then my oldest grandson will be going to band camp on Sunday. That will be 3 weeks away from home for him. It started out with his family vacation 2 weeks ago.

Gary- We love photos so we can to know each other better. YUCK!!! Angie is braver than I am. I hate getting dirty. I guess the question is did she win? If I got that dirty I sure had better win!!

Cat- I admire those that can do that kind of stuff on the computer. My daughter is self taught and can do quite a bit. She's set up her own Renaissance Jewelry site and my costume site from scratch. I know how to do email and do research and that's about it. You gotta love google. I'm learning little by little, but forget most that I learn.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:59 AM   #360  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

GOOD MORNING GALS ~

I am working close to home this week so I have a chance to check in in the mornings. Being in constructuion, for the company I work for, can mean leaving anywhere in the morning from 2:30 to 5:30. I am doing one of my own jobs today, and will be home early, so I can pretty much take it easy today.

Angie is out with "our" golden girls on her 3 mile run. When the dogs get home, I will take them with me, as I run my nephew off to summer school for the last time, they love to go in the truck.

I will just try to start here and catch up as I go along...I am a fast reader but a very slow typer!

CAT ~ We don't get Showtime so I don't see the After Hours..probably a good thing for me I watched BB last night but missed the part with Evil you were mentioning...probably another good thing I have the major league baseball channel and I was watching both BB and my DODGERS so the remote was on

Angie and I have the basil, tomato, olive oil and mozzarella many times, she being 1/2 Italian and all, I will have to add the extras sometime and try it that way. Have a great work-out at the gym.

PAULA ~ We don't get the "those" kinds of rain here in southern California, in the summer. From being in Illinois several summers, including last year, I can relate a little. Hope the scouts are OK...I assume "they" are "your scouts" I will read back and see.

NO Paula, Angie wasn't anywhere near the front of that race. Although she did very well there are about a thousand or so in it. It is a 10K...6.2 miles. Her time was 1 hour 28 minutes, which is good for her. It is called the MUD RUN for obvious reasons. They have it twice a year at Camp Pendelton, it fills up fast, it is very popular. My kids have tried several times to get in it but it has been filled, this was Angie's third try to get in.

As far as the computer goes...we have the same "skills"

Ladies ~ enjoy your day! I will see you all later, Gary
Closed Thread