Height: 5'9"

Wink Happy Birthday Theresa!!

It's YOUR DAY!! Enjoy!

Lyn
Old 07-19-2007, 07:29 AM   #242  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Jo-annie, I LOVE experimenting with soups, but I’m not crazy about eating them. Is that weird or what? Well, the truth of the matter is that I haven’t liked soups since my ex and I were newly married and BOTH still in school and had our first daughter. (She was the most “educated” baby around - used to accompany either him or me to class in a back carrier.) Anyway, money was pretty short because he was working nights at the local electric company, and I was working several afternoons a week at the school library (work-study program) but paying two tuitions, rent, baby stuff, etc., etc. Didn’t leave a lot for grocery shopping. I made sure the baby got everything she needed, but we ate SOUP more nights for dinner than not. Once we graduated and he started teaching and I went to work as a social worker, I made up my mind never to eat soup again! (Of course we were both taking classes towards our masters nights so soup DID creep onto the menu from time to time even then.) But it’s funny, isn’t it, the way certain things seem to just stick with you? I’ve since had some wonderful soups - but always as a prelude to a “real meal”, never alone, and on the few occasions that I‘ve made up my mind to GET OVER this silly phobia, and went ahead and MADE a good soup, whatever‘s left after we have it the first time usually just sits in the refrigerator until it has to be thrown out.. (No wonder I’m trying to lose weight here, eh?)
Oh, gosh, Cat...I didn’t realize that you worked with little munchkins! I am always so impressed and awed by folks who can do that. I would be a raving lunatic inside of the first five or ten minutes. Sounds like computer lab is the ideal way to do it, though - they aren’t all running from one thing to the next, fighting over toys, or just generally creating chaos. Kids are just adorable in small numbers and for limited periods of time. I’ve experienced my little grandkid’s and their friends at birthday parties and such, and been repeatedly reminded that there’s a GOOD REASON why we have children when we’re YOUNG.
Hi Trish! Granny rolls sound like something I’d better keep away from! Yum! I’ve been doing this “lifestyle change” for a while now, but I have to say that every so often, I see - or hear about - something that makes me think very longingly for the sweets that I don’t eat anymore. I concur with the others who suggested you bring fruit to your meetings. Cherries seem to be especially plentiful lately, and they’re so delicious! Plus, think of all the fun you all could have, spitting the pits at each other!!! (Euuuuwweee....disgusting. Eh? I have such a juvenile imagination!)
Moxie....WE know why you took that license with you! Just trying to make them think you were younger! Why, you ought to be ashamed of yourself! So, where are you traveling to that you’re getting a passport now? (Oh, cripes! I’d better look at MINE! I betcha it’s EXPIRED!!!! WE haven’t traveled outside the country in omigawd...six years or more, and my passport wasn’t new then!)
Hiya Lily! Nice to hear from you! We working girls have to stick together...although I can access the website from work because they’re not picky about what I do as long as I keep generating money for them. Yesterday I was at an event at a conference center on the most beautiful lake in Sharon, MA...my sole reason for being there was simply to “make nice” with funders. And it poured out, so all that lovely outdoor stuff - the docks and the pontoon boats and the outdoor activities were scrapped, and frankly, the whole thing was an absolute bore.
Sounds like a fun time in Orlando, Phyllis. I want to retire!!!!!
Lynn!!! I used to drink that same wine!!! DH spent a few years in Germany when he was vagabonding around Europe with nothing but a backpack during his college years, and introduced me to it when we were first seeing each other. It really is lovely, and perfect for someone who isn’t a connoisseur of the drier wines. (I’m not.)
Theresa, I think Lynn gave you a pretty good low-down on carbs. I would just add that the carbs are always listed on packaged foods along with calories and such. They’re making a LOT of stuff more carb-friendly these days, so it isn’t nearly as restrictive as the old Atkins plan used to be (I’m talking 20+ years ago). Great idea, Lynn, about cards for Paula’s dad. Do you think he’d like that, Paula? I’d be glad to send him some.
I imagine Karen is busy with that house of hers, and making up her mind what job to take. Hi Karen!

TTFN,
Z
Old 07-19-2007, 07:33 AM   #243  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR THERESA!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

I HOPE YOU HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY!

z
Old 07-19-2007, 08:26 AM   #244  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Well Good morning ladies!
Thanks for the birthday wishes. NOW! I am officially one of the Nifty 50's! Golden girls.

Cat,
What a card. Its beautiful. better than that cake in my freezer, driving me crazy.
Gee and I don't feel a day older.

thanks girls, You are special.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:48 AM   #245  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Hope your birthday is everything you want it to be and more!

I was going to bake you a cake, but figured it would probably get to you with a big bite taken out of the side and I just couldn't risk the temptation...so I made you a card instead. Have a great day!!!

(See what happens when I do stuff before my second cup of coffee...wrong picture!! Hopefully the coffee has helped! And Lyn when your BD rolls around I have a card all ready for you...with Theresa's name on it! So is over 50 an excuse for a boo-boo? That was almost as bad as when I was heading for the laundry room with a dirty pair of socks and opened up the fridge and threw them in!)

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-19-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:04 AM   #246  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Happy Birthday THERESA, Happy Birthday to You. . . . . .

Always remember that we NEVER get older -- only BETTER.

And a great Thursday morning to everybody else . . .

See you all later, gang . . .
Old 07-19-2007, 10:57 AM   #247  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THERESA

LOL everyone here should feel safe that this is the closest I will get to singing!!!

Not much to report - last day of work this week and then a three day weekend -- YAY!!!

Paula -- I love Lynn's suggestion about cards for your dad - -with us interspersed all over the continent maybe postcards would be fun for him to recieve -- let us know.

Lynn -- ok I am having a giggle over you and your DH with the ball -- too cute a picture.

Zoe - don't blame you about the phobia. I have a funny one from my youth -- my cousin told me once that green jello was made from skeletons -- to this day I still can't eat green jello -- pretty much any other colour (if I want to do that to myself LOL) but not GREEN

Big hi's to Linda, Trish, Lyn, Paula, Phyllis, Moxie, Cat and Lily -- if I missed anyone - I claim old timers disease.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:58 AM   #248  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THERESA!! Hope you have a Wonderful Day!! Enjoy it!!

I'll be back later on to post more. Karen
Old 07-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Not much time today. I'm getting my paperwork ready for my Red Hat meeting tonight and I still haven't finished the pioneer dresses. I just wanted to jump in here and tell Theresa
Old 07-19-2007, 01:45 PM   #250  
Lifetime Loser

Smile

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU........THERESA

That's me singing, lol.....Have a wonderful day...

Phyllis
Old 07-19-2007, 03:37 PM   #251  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm back . . . it's still raining (or almost raining) . . .

Here's a couple of FFFF for today . . . both related to that good old friend of the diet conscious . . . poultry . . .

Did you know that removing the skin from chicken reduces the fat content (and it's the bad old saturated kind) by a whopping 50%. WOW.

The expression " to get a lucky break" originated nearly 2,500 years ago from the familiar custom of two people each making a wish while tugging on the clavicle of a foul. Even today, getting the bigger half of "the wishbone" is supposed to make your wish come true.

Toodles . . .
Old 07-19-2007, 08:35 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 237/238/165

Height: 5 feet 7

Hi Everyone!!!

HAPPY B-DAY THERESA

I've had a wonderful day that I would like to share with you

My stepfather had a kidney transplant today!!! He and Mom have been waiting for over 2 years with dialysis 3 times a week. I have just gotten home and I'm a little tired (imagine how Mom is feeling). Things look good!!

Now for the second thing. Today was weigh-in. I lost 2.4 pounds.
I'm sure it would have been higher if I had not eaten granny rolls this week and got in some more excercise....But I had fun this week. I met some new friends

I edited my chick ruler and my profile to show my progress.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:41 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THERESA

You are entering the 50's with style in your new svelte body.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:52 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

Trish - great to hear about your stepfather's kidney transplant. Hope all goes well. You must all be thrilled after waiting so long.

You also deserve a big congratulations for 2.4 lbs. lost. Three cheers for you - That is awesome!

Yes, Lynn my ticker is showing my monthly loss. Thought I'd try setting mini goals for a while.

Lily
Old 07-19-2007, 09:17 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Hello girls,
Just another short note,
Mostly to say Thanks for the Birthday wishes. It was sweet of you all.

I would have been on earlier tonight… But my son called… well that always takes no less than 1 hr. Today, 2 hrs. One would never know he lives just across town, less than 5 min.

We get on and its nearly impossible to get us off. He called to tell me happy birthday too.
That and that he loves me. I have just about the greatest kids.

I went to work today, And received a gift from my boss and a coworker.
The patients living there were upset… That they did not know today was my bday.
They wanted to give me something, I told them their smiles was enough. They are so sweet. Gosh I love my job.

OH, I am 2 pounds shy of my birthday goal. Not to bad.
Next week! I am sure.

I hope everyone’s day was as sweet as mine.
I have an MRI early in the am. So I am off to bed soon.
Closed Thread