Height: 5'4"

wunderbarpal-
Old 07-29-2007, 10:06 PM   #392  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HEY GOLDEN GALS ~

Taking a few minutes to check in and say hello

Well I was able to get the sand off my daughter's wall...with much effort..and retextured after church today. Angie will start painting the room tomorrow and making it into a guest bedroom now.

My daughter and son in law came up to join us at church this morning which was nice. I don't expect that to happen too often now that they live about an hour away...dang newlyweds They came up to take my wife and my ex-wife to brunch. It was a late Mother's Day gift. Because of all the wedding stuff going on (they were married the last Saturday of May) they weren't able to take them on Mother's Day....so they gave them a card with another date...it wasn't until the week before that the kids realized the date they gave the mom's was Father's Day. It was not a problem at all for me, but my wife and ex-wife wanted to wait so that I could have Father's Day on that day. What can I say...I married two pretty good women, I even sat between them and had communion between them at church today, as usual whenever the kids join us. I was invited to the brunch but opted out to work on the room ~ take in less calories on the day ~ and give the ladies their day

My son was in his last volleyball tournament of the season yesterday. He and his partner took 5th place out of 20 teams, they lost in the quarter finals to the team that won the tournament. He was happy with the outcome.

My step-daughter spent most of the last 4 days down at Comic Con in San Diego, her and her friends dress up and play different comic characters.
Nephew headed off to his mom's for the week-end.

TRISH ~ Get those miles in

WUNDERBARPAL ~

PAULA ~ So....can we expect the scouts to be predicting the weather on the 11 o'clock news Yes...I admit...I do watch some reality shows. I usually watch Survivor, if I like the characters, although I have missed many of the new ones because I get bored with it. I usually watch Big Brother and I am pretty interested in this one. I enjoy American Idol almost always...and YES I just love to things up over there on that one. I do get a few ladies at me...but...I also get a lot of PM's when I don't post in it. Prayers for your dad

KAREN ~ The sand was hard to get off, took about 2 hours, but after that it was easy since I do that work for a living. I had forgotten how long it had been there, down in the corner my daughter had written "Dolphin Wall by Amanda and Daddy March 1997" in the sand. She was a little bummed when she saw the wall today, after dropping my wife off after brunch (she did know I was doing it) it's just that "memories" thing...but we have pictures of it and I saved three starfish for her from it that came off clean. It was a lot of fun for us when we did it and collected pictures and dolphin stuff over the years. Wonderful about the "kids".

Posting this before it gets too long....
Old 07-29-2007, 10:27 PM   #393  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Everyone!
Welcome wunderbarpal !!! We look forward to getting to know you. I think you will like it here!

We had a young couple stop by here today to see if they could look at the house WHEW, glad that I had things all clean!! But they have an 8 year old daughter, a 3 year old son and one on the way!! I think I heard our house moan!!! BUT they really like it and they are going to check in to seeing what they can do for financing it tomorrow! Her parents live in the same area that we do just further back than we are. So after they had been here and looked at it they then called and asked if she could bring her daughter (she wasn't with them when they first came) and her Mother to see it. SO that really sounds encouraging. I guess everything will hinge on whether they can get financing or not.

Hi Gary--- Ill bet it looks a little BARE with the sand off the wall now. I'm sure there were lots of memories there. Working with drywall isn't much fun at all. Tim and I put a fireplace in here after we moved here 2 1/2 years ago and trying to cut the drywall and get it to fit just right just isn't a lot of fun. BUT the fireplace looks nice and like it has always been here. I put in a picture of the fireplace. We also added a laundry room to our other house that we had before this one and that was bunches of fun!! But that house was just about 800 sq feet a mountain cabin and we really wanted to get the washer and dryer out of the kitchen!! Sure made for lots more room!

Well, I just wanted to pop in for a minute and let you all know what was going on here. I have clothes in the dryer that are calling my name!! Take care everyone and I'll chat later. Oh and Congrats to everyone who has been losing and I hope to be able to jump on that wagon again this week--- Karen

Last edited by Karen31; 03-17-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:31 PM   #394  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

every now and then I lose a long post for various reasons...it takes me so long to type them over....this saves me!

LYNN ~ Thanks for the article. It is so true. I think it is very easy to "eat ~ drink ~ whatever" WRONG...if all your friends are doing it. Of course there are exceptions to everything. I know for myself that it is hard for me, to turn it down, when the guys go for fast food at work. Although I do overeat very seldom do I take them up on their offer...now my brother on the other hand will EVERY time. Thanks for the invite to the challenge thread...if I "remember" I will try to figure it out. Big Brother is on Sunday ~ Tuesday and Thursday nights. OOPS! I think Paula already said that!

MEOWEE ~After last year's summer here in southern California, Angie and I had air conditioning installed. I bought this house in 1979 nad other than a handful of days a year, we never needed air conditioning. Last year we could have used it EVERYDAY during the summer. So far we have turned it on 4 times this year...twice when it was hot...once to check and make sure it worked and once when we had a big party and it was hot outside plus all the folks warming it up I hope your "sorts" are back in line Have fun with those kittens!

PHYLLIS ~ "TRY" to stay dry and cool

CUPPAJOE ~

JOANNE ~ HI...enjoy your vacation.

CAT ~ I hope the puupy got cleaned...want to bath a couple of stinky...but cute...75 pound golden retriever's?

Well Ladies ~ I think I got everyone...if not...I will catch you next time! Thanks for letting me visit here! Have a great week ~ Gary
Old 07-29-2007, 10:36 PM   #395  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

KAREN ~Great news on the house ...and good work on the fireplace
Old 07-30-2007, 07:44 AM   #396  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Red face Monday Monday...

Hi all,

Back at work this am...Had a great time out on Canandaigua Lake on Saturday..the weather cooperated and we both got a little sun burnt. We anchored the boat just off the shore from the city of Canandaigua and the water was so clear it looked like we were in the bahamas. We swam and lounged for about 2 hours, then stopped at a restaurant for lunch. I was good..had grilled salmon on top of a green salad.

Yesterday we worked on getting that apartment cleaned up so we can hopefully rent it out this week. I scrubbed the bathroom and stove for about an hour and even managed to walk my 5 miles earlier in the day. Cut 30 seconds off my time. It was still pretty hot and humid. Also made it to church..so all-in-all a busy weekend.

Welcome cuppa

Cat, thanks for the salad recipe.

Paula..I loved looking at your website. So talented!

Gary - good going with the sand removal job.

Karen...Loved the photo of your livingroom...I know you'll find just the right buyer soon.

Meowee: Sending some lower humidity you way. It got much more comfortable here last night.

Lynn: that article on the influence of family and friends on weight was interesting and I can see how it would apply.

I know I'm forgetting someone...but I have to run and get my car inspected before the sticker runs out tomorrow. Will write later..

Lyn
Old 07-30-2007, 10:42 AM   #397  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Default WARNING!!!!!!!!! Absurdly long post!

G’morning, all…the weather report here is thunder showers all freaking day long (pretty much the same as most of the weekend!) and my commute into work this morning took nearly two hours, what with wet roads, an unusually large number of big TRUCKS lumbering along, and people just generally driving either much too fast for the road conditions or ridiculously slow.
No happy medium.
SATURDAY morning when I went grocery shopping at @ 10:00 or so in the AM ( I drive about 20 miles up the highway to a grocery market where the produce is especially good and prices are fairly reasonable) I had been driving for maybe 10 minutes when we were hit with torrential rains…and I mean TORRENTIAL…like a monsoon or something! Had the windshield wipers on “high” and they just couldn’t keep up with the water coming down. I could barely see, and at first it felt kind of adventurous, but that wore off really quickly when my windows started fogging up, and people were pulling over onto the shoulders to wait it out. The roads had a good six inches – maybe more – of water rushing along them, and the skies were so dark it was like driving at NIGHT. It seemed to me that the best thing to do was to keep just crawling along slowly…my engine actually sputtered a few times, and I was afraid that if I pulled over and stopped, my car might not start up again, or something. Plus, the rain was so heavy that I couldn’t read the road signs, so if I had to call for assistance, I wouldn’t actually know what part of the highway to tell my potential rescuers that I was on. I don’t know. I just knew I wanted to get off that highway, and the surest way to do it seemed to be to just keep driving cautiously – I was using the defrosters at that point, and could see marginally well. Altogether, I think I was driving in that mess for about 40 minutes. It sure was a LONG 40 minutes, let me tell you! Scary! Well, I obviously made it, and about two minutes after I got off the highway, the rain stopped, the sun came out through the clouds, and it was like being in another country! CRAZY!
Our guests came for dinner, and I made a nice shrimp and chicken stir fry with onions, green peppers, red peppers, summer squash, zuchinni squash, asparagus, and black olives and cilantro with a light lemony-ginger stir fry sauce. Served that with brown rice and warm flat bread. It was yummy! They brought dessert – angel food cake with fresh strawberries and dark chocolate squares (I ate the strawberries and ONE dark chocolate square!).
Yesterday I got in a long bike ride (an hour and a half) in the AM when it was sunny and before the thunder storms started. Then, DH & I went out and bought two more tower fans – despite all the rain we’ve been having, it has NOT been cool. It’s been staying in the mid-to-high 80’s, and with 100% humidity, it’s been pretty ugly hereabouts. As most of you know, we live in an old restored Victorian house. We put in a new, energy-efficient gas furnace last year, but to put in central air really would’ve cost too much, and while it would’ve added to the value of the house, it really wouldn’t have added enough to offset the cost. We’re pretty much like you, Meowee-Linda – only needing AC rarely, so it’s never been a high priority for us. With the winters we have, efficient heating systems are much more important than AC. BUT there are those times when you WISH you had it, and this past week has been one hot & muggy stretch. The tower fans really do a good job – one cools one big room easily. We have window AC units in the bedrooms, but just ceiling fans in the kitchen and dining rooms. We have had tower fans blowing in the studio and in the living room, which blows out into the dining room some. So yesterday, we simultaneously recognized the need for strong additional fans in the kitchen and den, so off we went, and back we came with two more fans. Didn’t feel like making a big dinner, so I made flat bread pizzas again since DH & I both really like them.
Oh, and I very foolishly got on the scale yesterday, only to discover that I had GAINED a tenth of a pound, which I now understand is actually a little OVER an ounce, because MY scale obviously weighs in pounds and tenths of pounds, too – not pounds and ounces. (Truly a “duh” moment for me when I read that!) But as for gaining 1.(whatever ounces), I am just so SICK of that FREAKING SCALE!! This week, I’m going to keep close track of everything that passes my lips, and if I haven’t lost TWO pounds by next Saturday, I’m going to throw that danged scale out and get a new one! Or not. Maybe I should just throw it out and forget about weighing altogether. Just judge my weight loss by how my clothes fit. What do you think, Jo-annie and Phyllis? Should we boycott the scales?
Trish, I took piano lessons briefly as a child. I have always loved music. Unfortunately, it would appear that I must be tone-deaf or something, because I sing like a cow with a stomach ache and any instrument (piano, violin, guitar) that I’ve attempted to play has shrieked loudly in protest! Now I HAVE attended a few drum circles, and can usually sustain the beat for a good three or four minutes at a time.
EZ, as LindaD knows, my darling son lives in Los Angeles. I have never been to the west coast, which I know must seem strange, considering my advanced years and all, but I’ve just never had any real reason to go out there. Now I do, so I guess I will – in the fall. Have you ever been to the Backstage café in Beverly Hills? My son – who was on his way to becoming an archaeologist – is a manager there. I haven’t figured that one out yet!
Lyn, your boat trip sounds like such fun! A little sunburn is a good thing from MY perspective. Of course, I always get red and then it turns to tan by the next day. My father was the same way – after he retired, he was out most every day working in his gardens, tromping about outside and up and down the trails through his woods, and he would turn this deep mahogany color that was really startling with his bright blue-green eyes.
Jo-annie! I am SO jealous of your having a new baby in the family! I REALLY wish my youngest daughter would have another one, but it’s not looking too promising.
Hiya Cuppa – and welcome to the Golden Girls! Wow! Adopting a baby! Yikes! Yep. You’d better hang with us here and get yourself in tip-top shape, because you’ll need to be once that young ‘un starts walking – and worse – running around. Maybe we’d better make you our special project and take some real responsibility for getting you ready for the new addition.
Hey, Lynn! No, it didn’t say to put it on my shoe. That was MY bright idea! Since I’m pedaling my bike instead of walking, I thought it might record more accurately if I put it on my foot. Now that I’m seeing this in print, I’m afraid it sounds kind of stupid. One of those bright ideas that seem really smart at the time, but aren’t. That article, BTW, was, I think right on target. When the people around us aren’t nutrition or weight-conscious, I think it’s much harder for us to be. Much easier to just “go along with the crowd” so to speak. Aren’t we lucky to have our own crowd here at 3FC to “hang out” with and stay motivated with to lose our weight?
Oh, brother, Karen. I don’t GET why people just can’t say things the way they are! I mean, if that guy from NM really wasn’t that interested, why not just TELL YOU that he didn’t think the house would suit them, and let it go at that? That would’ve saved you a whole lot of stress around waiting for him to get back to you. I’m definitely not looking forward to the experience of selling our place when we’re ready to move on!
Hi – and welcome, Wunder – I think you’ll like it here.
Theresa? You out there somewhere? What’s going on? I hope you’re feeling okay! Let us know?
Hey, Moxie! Hi Lily! Okay, time for me to do some work…

Have a great day, y’all!!!

Z
Old 07-30-2007, 02:39 PM   #398  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Hello ladies
Sorry its been so long. My phone lines were acting up again! My son and hubby spent yesterday replacing most of the lines in the house. Its done now, Boy am I glad. I have no idea how many calls were missed.

I am feeling ok. My hip feels better. And as for my back…I guess it will probably be the same for a long time to come. But at least the MRI did not show anything. So…it’s a combination of arthritis and sciatica.

I know it could be worse, as I watched my hubby live with a bad back for yrs. He ended up having surgery in 2000. After loosing the ability to walk without a cane. He is doing fantastic now.

I have been normal busy. Seems like I always have something needing finished.
Mowed the lawn today, as the weather man says HOT…HOT… HOT All week.
Thanks for sending the heat to Ohio Linda.

I have missed so many post, I don’t know if I can catch up. But later to day. I AM going to try.
I am glad everyone seems well.
time for work, etc.
back later.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:28 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

I'm head to dinner for my sister-in-laws birthday. He's an article that appeared in our paper a couple weeks ago about her and my mother-in-law. Jill is a very special girl.
http://www.realcities.com/mld/braden...n/17498360.htm Be sure and watch the videos too.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:40 PM   #400  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there GOLDEN GANG. . .

Welcome to the Gang WONDERBARPAL . . . so nice to welcome another Canuk to the group. We will be able to complain about the strange weather patterns on both coasts this year in centigrade. Our Humidex was 39 (102F for the rest of you) yesterday, how was yours? It's a mere 36 (97) today.

Yes indeed . . . this dang, ding, dong weather hasn't broken yet . Today it is pouring, but the weather station is saying no real breaks in the humidity level can be expected because of it. Maybe Wednesday and/or Thursday will be better, they say. I am so thankful for these two window A/C units (although they are hellishly noisy). Between them and the equally noisy dehumidifier in the livingroom the house is holding not too badly. I'm keeping everything closed and all the window shades down and have to admit I'm beginning to feel somewhat claustrophobic.

Have to own up to a chocolate ice-cream melt-down yesterday afternoon. I was so hot and sticky after I got home from shopping I couldn't resist. Needless to say, that did not work wonders for my BGL either.

Speaking of blood sugar levels, poor Jazz had a little hypo episode this morning (I think). Guess he didn't eat enough breakfast after his morning insulin shot and then he went to sleep on the end-table beside my chair. He woke up with a start, stood up and promptly fell off the table. He staggered a bit and then ate some more and seemed fine again a few minutes later. Scarey though. First time it's happened. He's very good about taking the shot . . . doesn't seem to bother him a bit although I do know he feels it, because he sort of twitches a bit. He's liable to change his mind if he starts getting lows like that. Of course, it might all be a ploy so I'll keep special snacks around for him.

BTW . . . regarding my special snack of an ice-cream fiasco . . . Here's today's FFFF . . . In the 18th and 19th centuries, chocolate was believed to have medicinal properties (funny how stuff comes full circle isn't it) and was sold by pharmicists to relieve coughs, as an anti-inflamatory, as an anti-spasmodic, and as an aid to weight gain. (I've always found it to be very successful for that last category )

Guess I'd better get back to doing something constructive. Hope everybody is having more comfortable weather than we are. Anyway, just keep doing the best you can as much as you can, everybody and the rewards will surely follow. See you later . . .
Old 07-30-2007, 05:35 PM   #401  
Lifetime Loser

Ok, I am going to BRAG and pat myself on the back.....

Tomorrow I will have walked, with my dvd, a very brisk 43.5 miles....the best I've ever done! Of course Zoe, the scales don't show it!!!!!!!!! Maybe we should throw them out.

Paula what a wonderful uplifting story.....they are both very special women, thank you for sharing with us.

Got to run time to start cooking....

Phyllis
Old 07-30-2007, 07:46 PM   #402  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

PAULA ~ That is one of the sweetest stories I have ever read. The story, the pictures and the video sure are a tribute to your dear mother in law. I have been blessed by being able to view it.

THANK-YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!

Heavenly Father, thank you for mother's like Jeanne and daughter's like Jill!
Old 07-30-2007, 08:18 PM   #403  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Paula, What a WONDERFUL story!! They both must be very special people! Be sure to let them know that all of us think that they are GREAT!! Thanks for sharing wiht us.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:45 PM   #404  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday - July 30

Hi GG's

Hi Karen, yesterday spent the afternoon with my SIL's darling grandsons - the ones who look like yours. See the photos below.

Hi Paula, thank you for the website. GREAT stuff! You are one talented woman! I hope your Dad's spirits are up.
Your mother-in-law sure doesn't look/act like she's in her 80's! She seems like one amazing lady. Is Ron your husband? How is your mil doing? The video, story, and photos made me cry. What a lovely family you have.

Big Brother watchers - I have TIVO'ed (don't you love the English language?) Big Brother for Tuesday night.

Hi Rhonda,
I'm so glad you joined us. I just lugged all my scrapbooking stuff up from the trunk of my car to re-organize. Have been working on cards - tomorrow, I'm back to an album.

Hi Trish,
THREE-MILE WATP tape!!!!!!!!!! WOW! You're my new hero.

Hi Gary, I sent your sand wall photos to my sil - I know he's going to want to replicate that. He's a real ocean/seashell/fish fan.

Hi Lyn, your Saturday Lake Day sounds wonderful. Glad you had such a nice day.

Hi Zoe, glad you made it safely through that storm. Sounds like it's time for you to put a moratorium on weighing yourself for a while. Follow Cat's lead and change your measure of success to dress size instead of lbs/ozs/tenths of ozs.

Hi Theresa, I'm so glad to hear that your hip feels better.

Hi Linda (Meowee), - I haven't had ice cream since March of this year when I found out I definitely had diabetes. My dd wanted me to meet her at a local stand to get some ff ice cream - I declined. After my dh died last June, I think I ate about a gallon of ice cream a week up to March. It probably just caused my pancreas to give up. I figure that in my 62 years, I've had all the ice cream I ever need.

Hi Phyllis, CONGRATULATIONS on 43.5 miles.
We can be responsible for the effort - but not for the results. You are doing wonderful!

Tomorrow is the last day of July. I'm going scrapbooking tomorrow & then, in the evening, I'm having neighbors to my condo to view a talent show DVD from a couple who spends the winter in CA every year. Their DVD player isn't working & I have a giant TV that I got Donald when we got married - so my place was picked for viewing.

Beginning on 8/1, I'm going to begin each of my posts with some stats - including my new "bounce area range" chart.

I hope everyone had a good day today,

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 04-07-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:26 PM   #405  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

I'm home from dinner. I only ate half the pasta and brought the rest home for lunch. It was a nice celebration. Thank you for all the nice things you've all said about my family. And yes, Ron is my husband. The article listed him as the oldest son, but he is the middle child. My mil is doing OK. You can't keep her down.

Gary- It's nice that you and your ex are still on good terms and they your current wife gets along with her too. Has it always been like that, or did you all just learn how to get along?

LOL on the scouts predicting the weather at 11. They can only predict it the week the my grandkids are at camp. It rains every time they go camping.

Trish and Heidi -

Karen- Good luck on the couple buying your house. It does sound promising. Keep us posted.

Lyn- Sounds like you had a busy weekend.

Zoe- I hate driving the rain. I'm glad you got home OK and enjoyed your evening with your friends.

Phyllis- WOOHOO on the DVD. You rock!!
Closed Thread