Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 10:21 AM   #256  
LindaD

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning

I'm getting ready to go for blood work. I have to go every six weeks. I've had a thyroid problem for the last 10 years but this last year it has given me problems. The doctor can't get my medicine regulated. So, it's either too low or a little too high.

Cat: I'm glad you didn't have to have a needle. That would have been awful. The tortilla breakfast sounds yummy.

Phyllis: I don't like fish very much but the receipe sounds easy and I think I'll give it a try.

Hi Lilly: Very pretty picture. I love seeing what everyone looks like. It would be nice some day if we all could meet.

Lynn: Have a nice time on your trip. Congrats on the weight loss. You have a right to whine a little. I get frustrated with my daughter too. She's 36. I purchased a house in WVA for her and my two grandchildren (10 and 16) last year. She divorced her husband and couldn't afford the rent for a 3 bedroom home. So, I (the rescuer that I am) bought a 3 bedroom home for her. I sure learned my lesson. She has missed payments, doesn't pay on time, or doesn't send the full payment. I'm not sure what to do because I want to sell the home but I feel that my grandchildren will suffer. I'm getting laid off at the end of September and finances will be tight just paying my own house payment. She has a job and child support and could make it if she just managed her money.

Last edited by LindaD; 06-26-2007 at 10:58 AM.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:14 AM   #257  
Susan Dumm

S/C/G: 180/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I've just joined in the last few days. Can someone tell me how to quickly access the weight loss ticker thing? I did it once, but can't seem to get at it again. I'm also on the SBD message board, and I've been using the ticker.com thing, but I like the 3FCOAD ticker better. Also I'm happy to join Golden Girls as I'm 63. More history later...
I
Old 06-26-2007, 11:19 AM   #258  
Susan Dumm

I'm a relative newcomer here -- just tried to post a reply but it got lost out there in the ether somewhere.
I just need help accessing the 3FCOAD weight loss tracker. Can someone help me? I want to enter the ADDITIONAL POUND I've lost, so everyone knows! (I know... I hear a lot of talk about water weight etc., and I believe it... but whatever, it's weight, right?)
My story will follow one of these times; it's fun and inspiring to read the posts.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:20 AM   #259  
Susan Dumm

P.S. I guess it didn't get lost in the ether after all! Sorry.......
Old 06-26-2007, 11:22 AM   #260  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Happy Tuesday to all you GOLDEN GIRLS sort of returning to normal after the week off. Have the house almost back in shape -- got the laundry all put away, suitcases are stored away and now I can just relax and enjoy the summer if it ever arrives. As you can see I posted my new Avatar -- I wanted to put some pics from the trip but they are too large and I doubt if I can get them small enough to post here. Neat thing I found last night was a picture taken last year in NYC - I was wearing one of my comfortable shirts in the picture. I compared it to a shot taken last week wearing the same shirt -- I must say I was pleased with the progress. Still have a long way to go but I am just looking at this as a marathon for the rest of my life.

Ok funny story about the trip. I was born to middle class people -- I was raised middle class -- I married middle class -- in other words I have lived most of my life middle class (NOT complaining LOL). Our last night in Oregon we stayed with my sweeties aunt and uncle. I have met them a couple of times at family functions - I knew they had money but I just wasn't totally sure about lifestyle. So we made the fatal (sort of ) mistake staying a night with them. Now I know why people save up to buy 600+ thread count sheets and turkish towels. I came home and used my thread bare thin as could be towels after my shower and all I can do is remember and lust after those gorgeous turkish towels. So lesson learned do NOT stay with rich people LOL.

Cat -- YAY for no needles in the eye. I have had floaters for years and always been told it was nothing to worry about. Your experience had me terrified for you. Sorry you had the head bump but good thing that was the reason - PHEW!!!

Zoe -- yep that was me tipping the scales at 270ish. I know being tall helps and I am heavy from my forehead to my toes but geesh I would have to be 6'7" to pull off 270 pounds LOL. WOW 65 minutes on the bike -- awesome You mentioned about cooking cod -- quite honestly I am not a fan of fish either but if I am going to cook any fish at home I would pick sole -- its delicate and difficult to mess up. I used to just broil it quickly with a bit of lemon and it wasn't too bad. Cod I find is too strong - heck when I used to indulge in fish and chips (now the thought makes me ill) I would order halibut and avoid the cod.

Linda - what a lovely picture even if you say you were exhausted its lovely. I know all about the thyroid crap -- took forever for my meds to be set right and its time for my blood check again --- seeing the doctor tonight most likely I should ask for the test.

Bobbi -- keep enjoying this summer -- although 90 -- YIKES!!!!

Phyllis -- for the compliment -- I can honestly say that was taken when I was 50. I may not be a granny but I am not too far behind any of you and Theresa is soon going to catch up LOL.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:27 PM   #261  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

[QUOTE=Jayjay55;1748110]You mentioned about cooking cod -- quite honestly I am not a fan of fish either but if I am going to cook any fish at home I would pick sole -- its delicate and difficult to mess up.
[QUOTE]

Have you tried tilapia? It has a very mild taste. I'm "funny" with fish too..I love it, but if it tastes "fishy" at all I won't eat it..why I also love catfish.

Oh, and on those expensive sheets. I have champagne taste on a beer budget..but I HAVE to have expensive sheets..nothing less than 600. I like my bed (and bath stuff) to be luxurious.
So, what I do is, when I need new sheets, I either go to smartbargains.com or overstock.com and order them there. You can get really pricey sheets there for what you would pay at wallyworld. I got some 1200 count egyptian cotton sheets about a month ago for 60-something dollars..can't beat it.
I saved up for a new bed too...this past winter I got a leather and carved wood bed on ebay..it is gorgeous.

Last edited by femmecreole; 06-26-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:29 PM   #262  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Quick Hello

Hi GGs,

I'm at the end of my workday here in hot and humid NYS. Hope we get some thunder storms tonight. Cat...Wow..what a bed! I want to come visit and fall asleep there. I love the high count threaded sheets too. I asked for some one Xmas not too long ago and now my DH is hooked as well. Thanks for the purchasing advice. And glad to hear about your eyes being ok without the needle.

Well, I didn't lose too much this week ..even with all of my walking just down a half pound. I think I messed up a bit over the weekend with my eating. Too many tortilla chips and shortcake.

Next week is vacation on Cape Cod...woopie. I just hope to maintain - will have to keep up my walking.

Hey, Theresa and Zoe, where are you today? Lynn must be on vacation. And where's Karen?

Glad to see the new additions to our group and the new photos. We are a good-looking group.

Nice to hear from you, Bobbi!

Lyn
Old 06-26-2007, 05:34 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

First of all thank you for all of the compliments on my picture. You all are way too kind.

What a nice picture of you Joanne. You are a very lovely person and look just like you sound, very upbeat. Isn't it fun to see everyone?

Linda, if that is what someone looks like tired, I think I will stay up all night too. You look wonderful. I had to resize my picture to about 65k to upload it as an avatar. Maybe that is why you were having trouble with yours.

I'm also on thyroid meds (synthroid) I guess it goes hand-in-hand with the weight thing. The doctor also told me it was the reason my hair was starting to thin out and I was so tired all of the time. My hair thickened up again within a few months after going on it. Thank goodness that prescription is so cheap cause I know I will be on it for life. Geez, what we have to go through as we age.

Cat, that bed looks wonderful! So luxurious and inviting and to hear you didn't have to go through the needle in the eye. I would have been scared to death and also demanded that they put me under.

Lyn, congrats on being down a pound after indulging last weekend. You must have a fantastic pair of shoes to put on that many miles.

Lily
Old 06-26-2007, 08:10 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Good evening ladies.
I have just been running around like a chicken w/my head cut off.
seems like there is so much to do. Its just everyday stuff. but its keeping
me busy this week.

things with my dd is ok for now. I know we will be there for her and she is a good girl.
For her, its just her learning curve.
And I know I have to let her learn.
She wonít go back to school. I have tried that one for 3 yrs.
she has a ld problem. It causes her nightmaresÖthe idea of going to school.
One day at a time. I just needed to vent. I am sorry I dumped on you lovely ladies.

Joanne,
I have to tell you a secret. U R pretty! Yup! I love a big smile.
and your another red head? pretty color.
I love the way your sweetie planned your trip. thatís so neat. I have a great guy.
but he is not that imaginative.
I wish you could have gotten pics of the whales. Must have been marvelous to see.

Femme,
I am so glad to hear that you donít have to have the procedure with a needle.
I remember my hubby getting drilled in the eye! yes just like a dentist drill.
Boy did I wish I had stayed In the waiting room.
In fact he had a huge red spot in his eye last week. He said he did not know how it got there.
Nope, He would not go to the dr. and thank God its going away.
You know men and drís. Not unless he has too.

Ella,
I am so sorry for you with your sleeping situations. I AM the snoring monster here.
I found out I have mild Apnea. So I guess It explains why my family has always complained.
Wow! that is one heck of a bike ride you had. congrats on 65 min.

No I have not heard from Paula. I am hoping everything is good.

Bobby,
I am so glad you popped in. did you get your plants in today?
what did you get?
I need to get something for our back. We just transplanted the Rodoís.
and now we need something to fill in the spots.
all harsh sun. any ideas. We arenít good with roses. Or I would do some of them.

Lyn.
I bet that the big city was HOT! Isnít it always even hotter in the city?
I have not been in a large city for 2 yrs. ( Man, I have to get out more!)
but around here, the larger towns are much warmer. Today was a scorcher.
And I get a breeze of off lake Erie!

ďĒToo many tortilla chips and shortcake.mmmm
love them both.

Cape Cod. Ohhhh that sounds nice. you must share pics. I have only seen
pics on tv of Cape cod.

hoping every one else is doing well. It is time to get off here.
hugs,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0899.jpg (36.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 06-26-2007, 08:56 PM   #265  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

I had my annual appt. with the Dr. today. This morning. 9:30. My BP was 104/74, which is good news, because just about my only health problem of any note is having had high BP for the past 10+ years. Itís actually improved tremendously from exercising & losing weight. I also have something called cubital tunnel syndrome, which is similar to carpal tunnel syndrome, only it affects the ring finger and little finger whereas the other affects the thumb & forefinger. Leave it to me to be different, right? Drís advice? Essentially, stop doing what Iím doing - such as resting my elbow on the car door when Iím driving, and/or sleeping with my arms bent up in a kind of fetal position. Wear an elbow brace to keep my arm straight and keep the pressure off the ulnar nerve? Uh. Nuh-uh. No thanks to that. Allergies? No wonder cure for that, either, apparently. Take OTC Claratin & Sudafed every four hours. Sure. Iíll be taking PILLS every four hours. Not.
Okay, now that thatís out of the way, the rest of the day was quite unremarkable. Until I saw your bed, my dear Cat! What a bed! What an extraordinarily amazing and wonderful bed! Now, after having quite painstakingly designed what I THOUGHT was a truly unique and to-die-for bedroom, you have trumped my ace, as they say in Whist. Now, I shall always have to live with the knowledge that my bedroom is second-best! (Oh, okay, maybe tenth best...twentieth? How about okay? Just okay?) Good grief, Cat, what a bed! Wherever do you find the motivation to ever get out of it?
Here I am, Lyn...canít get rid of me that easily, dahling! Oh, I hope you enjoy your vacation on the Cape! I canít even imagine OWNING a place to stay down there. Youíre so lucky!
Jo-annie, you are just as pretty as I knew youíd be. You look so young! I love it! No WONDER your guy is younger! Youíre obviously doing something right
And Linda! If thatís how you look tired, you must be a real knock-out when you arenít! I mean, youíre a knock out when youíre exhausted....I mean.... Well, you know what I mean.
Thanks for the fish-cooking instructions, Phyllis. Now that sounds like something Iíd try. After all, if I donít like it, itís not as if Iíd spent hours preparing it, right? I do think I may wait a couple of weeks, though. I daresay Iíve had my fill of fish for a while.
Hi again, Lily. Itís good to see you posting with us again!
And, welcome, Suedumm - just jump right in! Weíre a friendly bunch!
Theresa! You posted while I was writing this! Yay! Listen here, girlie, we all get to vent about our kids here if we wanna. Itís a rule! And we KNOW theyíre all great and wondrous kids. What else COULD they be? WE raised Ďem!!!! So never you mind about sorry for dumping on us....No way, no how! This is where we come to say whatís on our mind...tee hee....even when we change it five minutes later!
Still no Paula, eh? Jeeze.
Hi Bobbi! GREAT hearing from you!

Okay. Didja know it was humid and 94 degrees here today? And I STILL rode that danged bike for 45 minutes when I got home from work! I WILL lose this freaking weight!

Have a great night, all!
Z
Old 06-26-2007, 09:45 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Everybody!!
I'm finally back ---- I have been trying to be able to read a little each day but since I had the grandkids here since last Friday afternoon I spent very little time on the computer. But my son and his wife got back from Texas this afternoon and picked them up----sure is quiet here!! I'm still kind of in grandma mode and haven't slowed down to much. This is a picture of the two of them. Jade is 11 and TJ (Todd Jr.) is 9. I really worked hard on staying on my eating plan and I think I did OK.

Ella/Zoe--- I really like both names and they both seem to suit you just fine. You deserve a big for going ahead and riding that bike in the heat. Great job!! We got up to about 71 degrees today and right now we have only about 45 and it is cold and rainy. I even have sweatpants and a long sleeve swearshirt on!

Cat-- What a great looking bed!! Is it as comfortable as it is Beautfiul?? WOW!! I'd love to have something like that someday. Tim says no more furniture until we sell this house and get set up again.. Guess I can't blame him. Glad to hear about your eye.. That would be scary.

Theresa-- your flowers are beautiful.. I have a few but they are in bad need of my attention. I've been so busy on the inside of the house that I haven't done much on the outside yet.

Great pictures everybody!! I think it is so much fin to be able to see who you are "typing" to.. Just makes us all seem so much closer. Love it!!

suedumm!! I know you will find us to be a HAPPY group! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Well, I'm pretty sure I probably missed somebody but it wasn't on purpose~! It takes awhile to get caught up when you miss a few days of posting.

Anybody heard anything from Paula?? Sure hope all is well with her. We miss you Paula!

Have a great night and I'll catch you all tomorrow. Karen

Last edited by Karen31; 06-08-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:55 PM   #267  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

Theresa, your flowers are lovely. You sound like a very busy lady. I don't have much luck picking out flowers that do well in the sun. One of my rodos died over the winter, so I stick to less expensive plants that can be replaced easily. My yard has a lot of shade so I tend to plant quite a few hostas to fill in the areas. It's pretty hard for me to kill those.

Congrats on your blood pressure reading Zoe, that is great! Sorry to hear about your cubital tunnel syndrome. It sounds painful and I'm sure if you are on the computer a lot it doesn't help.

Karen - your grandchildren are beautiful! They must be fun to have around. It's nice that you are able to spend so much time with them, but I'll bet you are worn out. Time to relax and put your feet up for a while.
Lily
Old 06-26-2007, 11:16 PM   #268  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Thank you Lily for the compliment on the grandkids. They are usually pretty good kids to have around. Mom and Dad were supposed to be home on Sunday night and ran in to some problems and didn't get home until today. So needless to say they were getting a little restless and missing their friends at home. But they went Grasshopper hunting and rock gathering. TJ has 41 "Mountain Grasshoppers" that he took back to his house in the Colorado Sprngs to let go!! He figures they will get really BIG down there. Also found some fossils that he was really interested in. We live in Florissant so we are on the Florissant Fossil Beds. Jade spent quite a bit of time doing practice Math so she will be ahead of the game when she starts 6th grade. So it was a busy few days but at least they got along good MOST of the time. Karen
Old 06-26-2007, 11:37 PM   #269  
LindaD

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi:

After sitting for an hour at the lab this morning I found out I was supposed to fast. Something my doctor failed to tell me. Oh well, I go back again tomorrow morning.

Karen your grandkids are so cute.

I don't know how you ladies ride your bike so long. I had a larger gel seat put on my bike and after about 15 minutes it becomes very uncomfortable.

Thanks for the compliment on my photo. You are way too nice.

Lilly: I'll try the photo at 65K and see if I can get to work. My hair thinned too and my eyebrows. Don't you just love the symptoms. It was funny. At the same time this was going on I had just finsihed interior design school. I had to draw blueprints and elevations in 1/8" and 1/4" scale for almost three years and it caused my vision to be very blurry and I had to get glasses. I was so tired all the time, cold, and gained weight too. I tell you, I thought I was falling apart at the seams then. HA-HA-HA. I'm getting used to it now. I just hope nothing else goes haywire on me for at least a few more years. I think we will have to continue on the medication for the rest of our lives. At least it does help and it's worth it.

Cat: Absolutely love the bed. I like the leather and wood combination and the carved finial at the top is a nice touch. Very warm and cozy looking. I wrote the websites down and will explore when I get a few minutes. I still do some design work for my friends so I may find something I can use on a project.

Hello to all that are new here and to those out there not posting. Looking forward to getting to know you.

I ate well today:
B - 3/4 cup cheerios, 1 cup skim milk, 1 cup watermelon
S - 1 cup cherries
L - Salad with chicken and all kinds of vegies/FF balsamic
S - peach
D - WW meal and 1/2 cup Breyer's SF Ice Cream

Walked 40 minutes
Still waiting for the scale to budge a little more.
Have a nice evening.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:03 AM   #270  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Good Morning everyone..Busy day here. Need to finish some work, then have son at physical therapy for 8:30, hit the grocery while he's there, then rush back and finish cleaning my house. My Mother in Law is coming for a week long visit. My BIL and SIL are bringing her and may stay tonight. I can't wait..I've missed them all a lot.
Of course, something had to go wrong..I was blow drying one of the dogs last night and the electricity blew on one side of the house...all of the wall sockets are now not working in all of the bedrooms. We tried flipping the breaker etc, but it looks like we are going to have to try to get an electrician. That may not be easy to do. Since katrina, anyone in the building trades are very hard to get for a "small" job...they are all busy redoing other homes and buildings. Keeping my fingers crossed! I'm just happy it didn't blow in the kitchen or in my study..I at least have the fridge and computer! Praying it is something minor. This happened in one of our other "redo" houses..and we had to have the whole house rewired. ouch.
Closed Thread