Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 05:47 AM   #241  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
This is me in my new outfit at my dd's B&B.
Lynn, what a cute outfit! I just love that color green and the trim on the sleeves. A b&b? How cool is that??
My dream is to one day have a b&b in the French Quarter...unless I win the lottery, I don't see it happening, but a nice dream anyway.
My husband and I love to go to b&b's a couple of times a year just for a quick getaway. As soon as my son is better and can get around on his own and watch the dogs for us, we are going to do just that
Old 06-25-2007, 07:44 AM   #242  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Very nice outfit, Lynn. You look good. Your hair looks shorter, too, than in your avatar? I like it. Your daughter's B&B sounds really interesting; I'm a bit of a history buff myself. Do you have any more pics or is there a website we can look at? Thanks for the instructions re: spaghetti squash. I'll let you know how it comes out. I made a HUGE mistake last night - I'd bought several pieces of Captain's cut cod a couple of weeks back, and froze them in individual bags for myself, as I knew DH wouldn't touch them. He's worse about fish than I am. I made steak for him, and thought I was being creative with the fish for myself - sprinkled it w/seasoning salt and sprayed it liberally with Wishbone Asian Silk dressing (mostly ginger). Baked it for about 20 minutes....no doubt it was done....but...aurrrgh. I couldn't even finish it after the first few bites. A fish-lover might have enjoyed it just fine, but not me. I ended up taking a teensy tiny piece of DH's steak (I always make him at least 4 pieces so he'll have some to take to work for lunch the next day), cut it up into my brown rice, mixed my brocolli into it, and it tasted fine. No more fish for me - except at the restaurant, where they evidently know something I don't about the preparation.
So YOU'RE one of the ones responsible for those teacher's exams, Lynn!!!!!!! Well, all I can say is that I appreciate the fact that you didn't do the ones for Massachusetts!!!! Hmmmm. Well, the truth of the matter is that SIL teaches Math, and his graduate degree is in Math, and he is admittedly poor at grammar and writing, as are many mathemeticians, of course. He passed the Math test the first time out, but ONE of the reasons we were so jubilant over this latest test is because it was the THIRD time he took it! I don't know what he would've done if he'd failed this time, too. The poor guy was about ready to give up. Of course, I can't say I blame the test, to be perfectly honest. I looked at a lot of sample questions, and they seemed pretty simple to me. Of course I'm a writer, not a mathemetician.
Cellphones on the highway are what make me crazy. People get to talking, slow down without realizing it, and hold up whole lanes of traffic while they chat and gesture, and laugh, and take BOTH hands off the wheel to make a point. OR, of course, they continue driving at high speeds without paying attention, and that's even scarier.
And, it has changed the landscape in the city significantly, of course. A lot of people walk around with those headset things on, and they're blah-blahing away, for all intents and purposes, looking like they're talking to themselves! Used to be, if you saw someone doing that, you KNEW they were mentally ill.
Jo-annie!!!!!!! You're back! I'm so glad to see you!!! I missed you terribly!
Glad you enjoyed yourself...now get back to business with this dieting stuff, you hear?
Jeeze, Linda. All I can say is that you must be REALLY strong by now! Just surviving all of that is impressive! Well, I'm glad you've joined us, and I hope that life is more pleasant for you now...and will get even better!
Cat, moving down a size is SUCH a great incentive, isn't it? I don't think I'll ever actually be in a medium top, but just getting out of the ex's makes me happy! Congrats to you, girl! Sounds like you had a real good day, too.
Well, I worked all day yesterday cleaning in the spare bedroom where my DS will be sleeping (It's the one right next to the little bathroom that I just redid). Unfortunately, it's ALSO contains the closet where I keep all my clothes. I (had) a bunch of bins that DH brought up from the basement filled with clean, but not ironed summer stuff, and I still had winter stuff in the bedroom closet. So, I had to pull all the winter stuff out, bag it to go to the cleaner, and IRON all the summer stuff so I could hang it up in there. Suffice it to say it was NOT the most fun day I've ever spent! I STILL didn't quite finish! Fell into bed at @ 10:00, totally exhausted, and then woke up two or three times, wanting to smother DH with a pillow, he was snoring so loud! Wonderful man, awfully loud sleeper.
Today is our employee picnic. Yay. It's a real dud, trust me. But at least I can go late and leave early. That's what everybody does. I've also learned to park somewhere near the road and out of sight of the main "festivities" so I can slide away without being noticed when I just can't take another minute of it.
Just think! I'll be able to be home early enough to finish up in that bedroom! Yay!
BUT, DS will be home on Thursday night, and I can't wait! This will be a loooong few days.
Well, enjoy your day, everyone...Phyllis, Karen, Lyn, Paula (has anyone heard anything from Paula?) and my dear Theresa!

TTFN,

Z
Old 06-25-2007, 08:03 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

Zoe, here is the link to my dd's B&B http://www.pineapplehill.com/

Today I'm getting ready for my trip to Ogunquit ME - an attempt to escape the first anniversary of my dh's death. I have to pack, clean up, get my cat over to the B&B... Yesterday, my dd left for Paris with my great niece. They should have already arrived.

I lost another lb. in the last 2 days - 5 lbs. total in June. My wish for vacation (in addition to having a good time) is that when I check back in with you gals in July, I will still be in the 160's. My daughter told me that there are great walks in Ogunquit - my sister likes to walk. And I'm pretty good at avoiding carbs in restaurants. My major problem with eating out 3 meals/day is the extra salt, fat, sugar that they use in preparing their protein. Oh well, I will survive.

Have a Happy and Healthy day & I'll check back later,

Lynn
Old 06-25-2007, 08:13 AM   #244  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Monday Again

Oh my gawd (as Zoe would say)...you gals have been posting up a storm all weekend. I was busy gardening (replacing flowers that got too dried out and died), walking (I did a total of 15 miles between friday and Sunday), and had a nice cookout with friends last night.

Karen - WOW 5# is Awsome!! And Cat, congrats on wearing a smaller size!! Lynn the photo is lovely - I really like the color too, and you look fantastice. Oh, I got my hair cut for the summer. It's sp easy to wash and dry and just be reaady to go. I love it, but my DH's comment was...It looks nice, but i like it longer. Oh well, I like it and that's what counts. Woops got to run to a meeting.

Lyn
Old 06-25-2007, 09:51 AM   #245  
Lifetime Loser

Lynn, you look really nice ..... I love the outfit. Have a great time on your vacation, we will miss you. I would love to see your daughters b&b...sounds lovely. Have fun!!!!!!!

Welcome back Joanne, can't wait to see some photos from your trip and hear all about it. If you gained weight you will lose it quickly just jump right back in.

LindaD, I hope your are doing well so far. This is a really nice group and very supportative. What diet plan are you on? I don't remember if you posted it.
I am just really doing low carb, moderate protien, lots of fruits & veggies and trying now to keep at about 1200 calories/day and walking everyday.

Some times when I look back over my life I am amazed I did make it. Also, I find it hard to believe that I was married 3 times but then again I wouldn't change it because I wouldn't have my 3 children and 2 step-children in my life and my 7 grandbabies.

Zoe, congrats on 2 lbs. Isn't it great to get on the scales and see a drop, my favorite thing anymore (almost). Well, guess what we are having for dinner, yep....the dreaded CHICKEN! I am glad you liked the turkey sausage and peppers & onions....we love it. Did you see what I posted about cooking a whole onion?

Cat, my goodness you are a busy lady and do all that cooking. I really go in spurts with my cooking.....sometimes I'll spend a week on new ideas and then the next want to go out all the time. We went out Sat. night and I had 2 glasses of wine and a low cal. meal was up 1.5 lbs. in the morning! Duh now I know it was water weight but it scares me to see that jump. Wow, Cat a smaller size....how great is that!!!!!

Theresa, how are you doing? I agree that none of us are happy with our hair, body type, height, or something that we have. I have very fine hair and have always hated it but now that it is grey (I color it) I finally have some texture to it.....had to wait 60 yrs!!! lol At least my daughter got her nice head of hair from her father.

Phyllis
Old 06-25-2007, 11:01 AM   #246  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

Good morning Golden Girls! I was able to take a photo of myself by putting my digital camera on the "timer mode" so I may look a little lopsided as I tried to sit down before it went off.
Wow! A lot happens in such a short time. Thanks for the link regarding the HRT, Lynn and you do look very nice - green is my favorite color. Congrats to everyone on their weight losses and for being such strong people to have overcome so much in their personal lives.

I can't believe how everyone is shrinking so much in June. Must be all of the hard work and outdoor activities and shopping for new smaller clothes that helped take those pounds off. I am happy to say that my weight is finally starting to drop again - thought I was stuck at 155 forever.

"Up nort" (north) is northern MN a few miles from the Boundary Waters Canoe Area (Ely, MN). We are working on completing our little log cabin on a lake up there. My hubby and I spend our weekends working on various projects like cutting dead trees and brush down, working on our deck, building retaining walls, etc. and as soon as they are finished wiring the cabin we will have to sand the rough spots in the interior and stain it completely inside and out. We haven't had much time to relax and it's a 4 1/2 to 5 hr. drive one way, but we love it up there so much that we can't wait until the weekend to do it again. It is our motivation for working and gets us through the stresses of the workweek.

My work is in the public sector (large City government) where I have worked in HR for the last 7 years. In addition to assisting various department managers, I also do some teaching/training (mostly on HRIS software). I am currently working on a training manual for the HR department staff. I wanted to be an Archeologist when I was young and still wish I had studied it, but instead I went practical and got a business degree. BLAH!

Zoe, I love your husband's art work. I took up watercolor painting about 10 years ago and took lessons for a while. It made me appreciate the work of "real" artists so much more. Now I am just in awe of those who can do something so creative.

I love all of these good recipes you girls have been posting. I don't cook much now that our kids are out of the house. I think that is one of the reasons I gained weight. I tended to snack on very unhealthy foods.

Lyn, I love to golf and back before I started work "downtown" I golfed on a Monday night women's league and in addition, played with my co-workers about once a week. Nowadays, I'm lucky if I get out more than a couple of times a year. That is one thing I will definitely do more of once we retire. I also walked and carried my bag, which was very good for my weight control.

Welcome back Joanne, hello to Theresa and Karen (fellow shorties), Bobbi in the country (hopefully soon to be a "city dweller") and Phyllis, Linda, Cat and Paula. Hope I didn't miss anyone. Have a good week everyone, I need to get some work done.
Lily
Old 06-25-2007, 11:36 AM   #247  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodLily View Post
Good morning Golden Girls! I was able to take a photo of myself by putting my digital camera on the "timer mode" so I may look a little lopsided as I tried to sit down before it went off.
Lily
Hi Lily,

I LOVE your photo. You are adorable! So nice to see what you look like.

Lynn
Old 06-25-2007, 12:15 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Good Morning Girls.
whatís left of it.
It has been such a busy week end. Did do anything but regular things.
but it kept me running.
This a.m. I had blood work done, to see if I am keeping my Triglycerides down, etc. (Went to Curves, Restocked my freezer after thawing it this week end. and I helping dd.)
Wonít hear back from the dr., unless they went up.
Soooo, no news is good news.

Dd. quit her almost full time job 2 weeks ago. For a Job that was through a Temp Agency.
Not a good thing to do. I did try to warn her. But at 21 their friends know more than mom.
Now she gets about 1-2 days a week. To pay car payments, ins. and phone.

So I have been online, searching with her. Believe me. With out the education I tried to get her to acquireÖ There are very few jobs around here. Mostly fast foods, etc.
Soooo Frustrating for both of us.

And we co-signed for her car! Like a parent trying to help her child get a start.

Alright! I am done whining.

Lynn
Enjoy you day out today. You will be in my thoughts for a peaceful fun day.
Congrats on you pound off. 5 pounds in June, Thatís great. At that rate you will reach your goal very soon.
I love that green youíre wearing in the pic. Green is one of my favorite colors. Looks good on you.
I also checked out the Bed and Breakfast. I would love to go there. Maybe next yr. When we have our 30th. anniversary. We hope to do some traveling in July of next yr.
To celebrate our anniversary.

Linda
I am glad to have put a smile on your face. Which by the wayÖ I have not seen yet.

Zoe,
I have tried cooking fish. For meÖ it is still an experiment every time I cook it. I usually just wrap in foil, with seasonings and bake it at about 400 degrees, till it flakes. about 20 min.
I like breaded flounder. I spray the piece of fish with PAM, and fry on low heat. Yummy with a yam. In fact that sounds good enough to eat for lunch.
You were talking about that cell phone in your carÖ to funny. might want to charge it next time you get in the car. I do not have a cell. Donít talk on the phone much at home. Why would I want one. Other than
for traveling long distances, or emergencyís.
Are you done with your ironing, etc? What a job. all day? Wow! thatís a lot of clothes.

Lyn
That is a lot of walking in 2 days. Congrats. I need some of that energy.

Phyllis,
I am going to try that onion soon. I love cooked onions. How do you think it would taste with just a little Olive oil and garlic?
Thatís funny. Your hair getting thicker at 60. Mine has gotten so thin, compaired to when I was young. I used to break all my hair ties. Not any more. Its probly half as thick. That really is a good thing. It was way to much hair.

Lily,
What a pretty face to go with a pretty name. I love it.
Boy,
that cabin sounds like its going to be beautiful. You should post pics as you work. and of course a pic
when its finished. That IS a long drive to just go for the weekend.
Must wear you out just getting there.
Thatís funny. I wanted to be an
Archeologist too.
I donít know how many jobs in Ohio, there would be for that!

Well, I am now even more behind. Back tonight I hope.
have a sunny day girls.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:58 PM   #249  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi my dear GOLDEN GIRLS where to start where to start. I tried to quickly review the last few pages - I am spending so much time checking out the pictures everyone is posting (my favourite thing to do LOL). I haven't had a chance to check out the pics from Oregon and any of the pics on this computer are either too old or too far away. I will find one and then change my avatar.

Have to say the week away was fabulous -- my sweetie planned the entire trip -- made the reservations, figured out most of the food, sightseeing - did all the driving it was the most relaxing time for me. I even bought a kite and flew it -- amazing and wonderful that at (almost) 52 I found such joy with something so simple. I do have a couple of pics that I will share later on. We were treated to a 2 hour show by a group of 4 grey whales - they came right into the cove and played and fed right outside our balcony. No pics of that -- without highend telescopic lenses it would just be black smudges on the water. It was a marvelous sight to see and we enjoyed every minute of watching them. The Oregon Coast is truly a marvelous fabulous sight and one that everyone should enjoy once in their lives.

I am going on my memory so I apologize upfront if I forget anyone -- I tried to read as much as possible but geesh they actually want me to return to work and do some work (the nerve of some employers!!!!).

Lynn -- just take care of yourself this week I know about the escape and I promise this time next year will be a little less intense -- your picture is so lovely I just want to sit and have a gab fest with everyone here now that they are posting pics. I will check out your DD's B&B.

Ella/Zoe -- you look as elegant as your surroundings and my goodness you have one talented (albiet noisy) husband. Just love his work and I loved seeing a glimpse into your life with the pictures your posted.

Phyllis -- my goodness you survived being widowed twice -- I never thought I would survive once. But that said the time did come that I realized I wanted to love again that hard. Having this new love is intense and I know if anything was to happen I would survive -- but its wonderful strong women like you that show us how. LOL just to be on the safe side I picked a younger man this time.

Theresa -- sorry about your DD -- hopefully something will come up for her. Any chance she could enroll in some sort of education -- I know about the co-signing but its never too late for further training. When I lost my job 14 years ago (at age 37) I enrolled in pharmacy technician training -- found my current job and never did the training but it was interesting checking out all the colleges and seeing what was available.

Linda -- so nice to meet you -- I look forward to getting to know you better. This is a great group.

Karen -- congrats on losing the 5 pounds -- not sure how much I gained -- I just know I did. I spent all day yesterday just eating oatmeal and getting my system back to normal after a week away.

Femme/Cat -- don't delay in taking pics -- we are all in the same boat here -- planning on getting healthier which could mean smaller. I avoided the camera too much and regret not having enough "before" pics -- cause I don't want to ever return there again.

Lily -- so nice to see you - not lopsided at all!!!

I am sure I missed some of you -- but it isn't intentional it will just take me time to get back in the swing and I think I had about 10 pages to review - YIKES!!!!

Two last things -- LYNN -- thank you for starting the birthday list -- I am the lone (I think) October baby -- October 8.

And just for starters here is a picture taken at my highest (in 2003), taken down by our inlet -- the gorgeous golden is my darling I lost last year and her best Sheltie buddy LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JoanneApr22.jpg (24.6 KB, 15 views)
Old 06-25-2007, 06:01 PM   #250  
-

NO NEEDLE IN THE EYEBALL!!

I just got back from the eye doctor...they took pictures of my eye, then put dye in my arm, then took more pictures and I don't have to have the needle in my eyeball or have the laser thing done..
I do have a big hemorage behind my eye and a little chunk is floating around in the "juice" in my eye, but there are no vessels leaking in it etc. She said it should clear up in a week or so without the needle. I was so exited!! I was terrified of that needle and have been so upset since the other dr. told me what they would have to do.
She asked me if I had hit my head or sneezed violently etc and I could not think of anything I had done like that. Then on the way home, my husband reminded me that I had hit my head real hard a couple of days before that on the freezer door when I was putting away groceries..in fact it knocked me to the ground I hit it so hard..so that must have been what caused it to start bleeding. The dye in the arm hurt like ****, but that was a walk in park to me!
Old 06-25-2007, 06:59 PM   #251  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Oh, your DDís B&B is lovely, Lynn! Now, you enjoy your vacation up in Ogunquit, and try your best (I know itíll be hard) to focus on the wonderful memories you have as well as the really positive changes youíre making in your life right now. Youíre doing a great job in managing your blood sugar levels and losing the weight you want to lose. The best thing about it is that it seems (to me, anyway) that the more pounds you lose, the more energy and enthusiasm you gain. And, thereís nothing better than smelling that salty ocean air, and looking out at that ageless sea - it has always lifted my spirits for sure.
Lyn! However did you walk THAT much???? Good grief!!!! Did you drop ten pounds on the spot? I wouldíve been dragging for sure. Wow! Iím seriously impressed!
Phyllis, you enjoy your chicken tonight, girl, because thatís likely to be what we have tomorrow night. I went to that awful, tedious staff picnic today, and forgot to take something out of the freezer for supper. (Same song, different music). BUT, I got home early enough to take out a pound of jumbo shrimp that I splurged on a week or so ago, and put it in some cold water to thaw. Iím just going to throw a salad together, put the shrimp in it, and have some Flat Outs to wrap it in if we wanna. Iíll spray mine with that ginger dressing. Ought to be decent. Iíll give that onion thing a try the next time we cook out. I LOVE onion soup, and the flavors sound like theyíd be a lot like that.
Nice picture, Lily! Nice to see what everyone looks like, isnít it? Can you imagine if we all got together? The talls, the shorts, the blondes, the redheads, etc. Weíre quite an interesting spectrum, and all absolutely glamorous, as far as I can see!
Theresa, Iíll bet you if we took a poll of everyone whose raised kids, at least 90% of them will have co-signed for a car and gotten stuck with some of the payments. I know I did with my son. Eventually, they do better. Youíll see.
And Jo-annie! Welcome back! For gawdís sake, youíre adorable! Thatís your heaviest?????? Ptooey! See? Being so tall makes a huge difference! Iím so glad you enjoyed your trip! This guy definitely sounds like a keeper to me! Yeah. Stoneís lovely. But tonight Iím sleeping in one of the spare bedrooms. When my sleep keeps getting interrupted like that, I just get so tired & irritable...I need some sound sleep, and thatís what I plan to get! Grrrrrrrr!!!!
Oh, CAT! Yay about no needle! I wouldíve been a nervous wreck thinking about that, too. I canít even wear contacts, Iím so sensitive to anything going into my eye. A needle, and the wouldnít HAVE to anesthetize me, Iíd pass out when I saw it coming!

Linda, I hope you're going to come and hang with us!

I rode my bike for an hour and five minutes when I got home this afternoon. I HAD to...I ate some sf/ff pudding that was definitely NOT on my eating plan for today!

Have a good evening, all,

(I'm really starting to worry about Paula. Has she PM'd anyone?)

Z
Old 06-26-2007, 12:19 AM   #252  
LindaD

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm having trouble posting a photo on the Avatar so I'm going to try to post one here. I don't like my picture taken so it was hard to find one. This is a photo of me (very tired) after I spent the night in the waiting room of a hospital. A family member was in labor and I was anxiously waiting for her to deliver. At least you have some idea what I look like when I'm exhausted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lindas photo.jpg (33.1 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by LindaD; 06-26-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:22 AM   #253  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5í 2Ē

Good Morning Girls!
I'm still here and lurking. I am so enjoying our acreage this summer. Two summers ago I tore a ligament in my knee and had to wear a leg brace the whole summer (Had to walk stiff, couldn't bend my knee)That started my weight gain and last summer I was too fat to do anything. (Good excuse, don't ya think?) This year I'm jumping out of bed in the mornings, can't wait to get outside. The last three mornings I've picked Raspberries, getting 2-3 cups each time. Yesterday DH had to cut up one of our plum trees that went down during our last tornado/winds/thunderstorm. It was full of plums too, darn! Yesterday at Wal*Mart I found some shrubs marked down to $5 & 6 dollars so I purchased a bunch of them. Today we're going out to plant them, I better get going before it gets too hot. It's suppose to reach 90 today and very humid. Lynn, I love the hem of your skirt, very nice!

Bobbi
Old 06-26-2007, 09:47 AM   #254  
Lifetime Loser

Hey Linda nice to "see" to see you, you look great. It is so nice to see what everyone looks like. You were tired?? You look amazing.

Joanne, as you know I LOVE the Oregon Coast. We also saw the grey whales when we were there....what a sight to see. We even tried crabbing and caught some! Hope you find some pictures to share. You look sooooo young, lovely. Think I'm the Granny of the group!

Cat, no needles.....wooooohooooo......That is amazing what a bump on the head can do, please be careful, I'm sure you will be after that scare. How's the puppy doing?

Lily, nice to see you also.....we are a great looking group and your a lovely addition.

Zoe, I don't like to cook fish at home and my dh hates most of it. We have just started to grill some salmon with a glaze we can tolerate and I have one dish I make with Talaphia (spelling?) that is so easy and yummy, I guess you could use any fish.

Spray your plate with pam, lay the fish on it and pour over a can of cut up tomatoes with Italian spices (Hunts) microwave it for 10 min. Easy, fast and I can actually eat the leftovers for lunch the next day. You can't do this wrong!

Oh Theresa they do grow up! I helped my oldest son with a car and he moved and I had to finish paying it off but now he is married, has a beautiful 2 yr. old daughter and a great job. I know it's hard ... hummm be nice if he paid me back! lol

Lynn, have a wonderful trip and congrats on the weight loss. The first anv. is the hardest and I think going away will be a big help but you need to remember all the good times and how much you loved each other....

Phyllis
Old 06-26-2007, 09:58 AM   #255  
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarusty View Post

Cat, no needles.....wooooohooooo......That is amazing what a bump on the head can do, please be careful, I'm sure you will be after that scare. How's the puppy doing?
She's doing just fine..and growing..I wish she would stop that! I want her to stay little!

I just fixed something for breakfast I thought I would share.(Today is one of those "dig in the fridge" days!)
I took a WW tortilla and "fried" it in a little evoo in a non stick pan. When I flipped it over to cook the other side, I put a little mozarella cheese on it. When it was crispy, I put it on a plate and put some turkey and some tomato based vegetable bruschetta on it and rolled it up...it was really yummy and crunchy and full of good flavors. I'm not real big on breakfast foods every day.
Closed Thread