Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 11:37 AM   #181  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Lynn, what a sweetie you are! Elegant, eh? Kewl. Thanks for the compliments re: the room. One of these days I'll get it from some other angles - and the great job I did of turning that sow's ear of a bathroom into a....not silk, but maybe rayon(?) purse.... For SILK, we would've had to do a complete remodel, but I figured I could spruce it up with some wallpaper and accessories and it would serve the purpose - and it does. I really like how it came out. Nice of you to suggest that I might've had a decorator for the living room, but of course I didn't, and trust me - I did NOT spend a great deal of money on that room. The cabinet to my right - the one that's burgundy-colored w/ the Queen Anne legs - is the one we bought at auction for next to nothing, spent about $125 at Home Depot for hardware, primer, paint, etc., and refinished it to use as a TV cabinet. Those frondy-things in the big urn next to the fireplace I got at a 75% off sale at Pier 1. I am a SERIOUS bargain hunter!
Well, I'm glad you got YOUR pic up, Lyn! This is beginning to feel like quite a cozy little group, isn't it?
Karen, I've sent that "Land of Sandra Dee" poem to everybody I know...LOVED it!!! (Did I mention that it's good having you back?)
Thanks for the comments re: DH's paintings, Lyn....I love "God at Noon", too. It's won a couple of awards, actually. The paintings are ALL very large, and a lot gets lost in translating to small photos, but at least you have a general idea of what he does. They're his babies; he's sold some, but hates to part with them, really. He did the geometric collage over my fireplace (I commissioned it......told him exactly what I wanted, and what colors to use) and also the painting that you catch a glimpse of farther down in the room...we have several on the opposite walls, too.
Theresa! Where ARE you! Up and at 'em, girl!!!!! Inquiring minds want to know what you're up to!
How's that gorgeous puppy, Dr. Femme? I'm still drooling over that pretty patio - courtyard of yours. What a lovely place to have your morning coffee (or hang your clothes, even )
Hey Phyllis! Still eating chicken? I'm starting to miss it, now....guess I'll get some for supper tonight since I didn't take anything else out of the freezer.
Paula! How's Dad doing? How're YOU doing? It's so stressful, having someone you care about in the hospital and trying to arrange for their care and all. My sister's son, who is thirty-five and unmarried, was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor three years ago, and I spent most of a year and a half flying down to NC to drive him & my sister (she has "night blindness" and can't drive after dark) to Duke Medical Center (about 5 hours from where she lives in Hendersonville; he owns a house in Hendersonville, too) and back for consults. He's been through an awful time of it, and at one point the doctors wanted to put him in a rehab. facility, but my sis insisted on taking him home to her house. He's been in remission now for almost a year, and is doing well, but I can remember how difficult it was when he was in and out of the hospital and home recuperating.
Hiya Lily - and Moxie, too, wherever you are!
Jo-annie...you'd bettah be taking pictures, my dear bud...

Okay. I feel fat today. Guess I won't be weighing in.

WILL do my bike ride and WILL stay on "plan" (whatever "plan" I'm on...sometimes I'm not too sure.... )

Have a great day, all you GOLDEN GIRLIES!!!!

ttfn,

Ella
Old 06-20-2007, 11:45 AM   #182  
Ellabella

Default Princess Di

Perfect name, Lynn...she looks so REGAL. I LOVE khats. The little black baby in the picture with me is Yoko. She's such a little scamp...teases the daylights out of our other old lady, Daisy.

TTFN,

Ella (I meant to say this in my earlier post) (I'm old; I forget stuff)
Old 06-20-2007, 12:01 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Hi, again
I received these pics in an email. they are just inspiring. I have to get a feeder for my front yard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yu.jpg (22.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg ShowLetter.jpg (19.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 06-20-2007, 12:26 PM   #184  
Ellabella

Omigosh, Theresa! Hummingbirds! Eating out of someone's hand! Amazing! (They ARE hummingbirds, right?) Will they eat Mayflies, I wonder?

Ella
Old 06-20-2007, 08:01 PM   #185  
Ellabella

Where IS everybody today? Is it a holiday that I don't know about or sumpin'????

Tah -

Ella
Old 06-20-2007, 08:05 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Evening Everyone,

Hi Lyn, I love seeing your photos. I clicked on your avatar & came to another one. We surely are one attractive group of women!

Hi Phyllis, Your cat was almost as big as mine. Hopefully, she was more friendly. Princess hisses and spits at most people. Her vet is afraid of her & she HATES him.

Hi Ella, I wish you lived near me. I could use some of your decorating acumen.

Hi Theresa, yuck! I HATE bugs & would NOT like those Mayflies. You wrote, "That is a rather interesting looking cat." Made me giggle. She's as evil as she looks. Likes me, my dd, and my sister. Other than us, she pretty much uniformly dislikes everyone.
Yes - I'm taking something called Januvia for the diabetes. I'm not sure how it works, but it lowered my numbers significantly.

OK Everyone else, where are you?

Take care,

Lynn
Old 06-20-2007, 09:10 PM   #187  

Alright Ella, We are here!! where are you....
I had to hellp clean up some nasty piles of bugs.
Clean house, cook and go to work for a few hrs.
Get home, the phone rings... Its my son. Well that can take at least 1 hrs. most likely 2 hrs.
Boy, we never run out of things to say.
then dd comes out of her room, needless to say. I got talked to death.
I do love my kids.

Lyn.
I agree, You are an attractive bunch!. You at your 5-10!!! and don't even look your weight either.
Boy you girls... long legs, thin faces. Make me look even shorter. Wanna trade. I am 4-11 3/4. Yes, I count that 3/4 too.

Lynn, I don know much about Diabetis. but I should learn more. It runs in my hubbys family. So its just a matter of time before he or one of my kids get it.
I am so glad your meds has helped.

Yep, those are hummingbirds. My favorite bird. Nope, they don't eat bugs as far as I can tell ya. They love the nector from flowers.

Paula,
haven't heard how your doing. I hope all is well. Miss you.
and Phyllis, and Karen and Bobby and Femme- Karen-Joanne-Moxie-Woodlily.
I think its just the four of us today???
come back girls...
Old 06-20-2007, 09:21 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Ladies,
Well, I've been cleaning like a mad woman today. We have an ad coming out tomorrow for the house and the 5th wheel. I still don't have it just the way I want but I can still work on it tomorrow.
We are having the 2 grandkids coming to stay with us this weekend while Mom & Dad got to Texas to see a friend before she is shipped off to Iraq. I'm glad they are old enough to help keep the house picked up and straight. I still don't know for sure what we will be fixing for meals but plan to go to the store on Friday before they get here.

Theresa, I have seen that email before with the hummingbirds!! Isn't that just amazing? I love to watch them. We have a bunch out at our feeder and I was worried that since we were gone for a month that they wouldn't come back---- but I guess they know a good thing when they see it!

Ella, I love the way you have your living room decorated--- Wish I was talented in that way--- I just kind of stick to the old standby stuff. Glad you liked the Sandra Dee poem... I thought it was cute. My Aunt sent it to me.

Well, I guess I'd better go and clean up the kitchen before I end up being to pooped do it. I hope I can stay awake to watch "So You Think You Can Dance" I kind of like that.

Hello to everyone I missed and I'll catch up with you soon. Karen
Old 06-21-2007, 08:29 AM   #189  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Smile Happy Thursday

Guess I'm the first to check in today. I was up at 5 am and got to work by 6!! Even had to turn on the lights here. I'm making up time from my afternoon off on Tuesday.

Those mayflies are something else! We don't have anything like that here in upstate NY. I'm not sure why not since we are near Ohio and near lake Ontariao.

Ella, I went and checked out your DH's website. WOW!! (He looks fascinating, BTW...I like bearded men). Tell him I think he is very talented. And, so are you my dear. I love your livingroom and how you refinished that peice of furniture.

I finally heard from my youngest DD in the Adirondecks. She is working at a summer camp there and has just finished a week of counselor orientation. The kids arrive this weekend. So far she's having fun.

Today is my golfing night. I play with a group of women in the "Hazards" league. We are not very good, but we have fun. Any of you play golf? I love being out in the evening air...I always walk. Then we go into the "nineteeth" hole for dinner and sometimes a lt beer. I look forward to my Thurday nights in the summer.

So, have a great Thursday everyone!

Lyn
Old 06-21-2007, 09:02 AM   #190  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Well, Ladies...today isn't great, but better than yesterday..it was a rough day.
After I took a bath yesterday morning I saw some "weird black things" in front of my left eye. Kind of looked like someone had taken blobs of mascara and dotted it on piece of saran wrap and was holding it a few inches in front of my eye.So I did a little research and found it was probably "floaters" and thought, ok, that's nothing much. Then I was telling one of my clients about it (she's a nurse) and she told me to get to the eye doctor right away. I thought, ok, I need new contacts and glasses anyway.

To make a long story short, I have a big problem. It's not floaters..apparently blood vessels are growing into my retina and if we don't do anything about it, I will lose my sight in that eye. But he told me there is a treatment for it. When he said "treatment", I was thinking "drops"...then he layed the bomb on me and told me I was going to have to get a needle put in my eye. I nearly passed out. I was nauseated to begin with. I told him no way unless they knock me completely out cause I would definately get hysterical and they couldn't keep me still. I have an apt to go back on Monday to talk to the surgeon.
I'm a web designer, so my eyes are really important in my work. Nope, not a good day at all...

But the good news is that when I got home I really wanted something gooey and chocolate and my husband told me he would go get me anything I wanted. I really wanted a Snickers! But I resisted and he fixed me some grilled fish and a salad instead. So if I could resist a snickers after that news, I can resist anything. He did a great job on the fish, btw!
Old 06-21-2007, 09:29 AM   #191  

Good morning.

Did I miss a post? Ella What is the name of hubbys website. I would love to see other pics.

Femme,
I am so sorry to hear about your eye.
How terrified I would be to see a needle coming into my eye. They would have to drug me up or knock me out too. I will remember you in my prayers, For a safe surgery.

Congrats on not eating the candy bar. You are a strong woman.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:51 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Morning

Good Morning Everyone,

Hi Theresa, you and my daughter are the same height. I tower over you at 5'1". We're not too fat, we're just too short! If you stretched us out to 5'10", just think how thin we'd be

Hi Karen, Have you ever seen the show on TV where the 2 British women go into houses in the BK and clean them up? That's what I pictured with your "I've been cleaning like a mad woman today."
I wish I had grandchildren to prepare for. Oh well, my Little Sister and I are going up to my sister's dance recital this weekend. She and my great-nieces (who will be in the recital) have to stand in for grandchildren for me.

Hi Lyn, your Thursday night golfing sounds like so much fun. I tried golfing a few times - my chest kept getting in the way of my stroke. My dh was a golfer from childhood. He and his brother used to go to the golf course with their father and shag the balls. His father was one of the owners of the first Black golf course in the Northeast - Fairways Golf Course in south Jersey.

Hi Femme, any chance we can get you to use a photo for your avatar? I am SOOOO sorry about your eye. I know exactly what you mean about the needle. My sil and I both have begun having periodic blurred vision. He went to the opthamalogist who put a needle in his eye & said it was stress. I decided to take his word for it & skip the needle part. Some places just shouldn't get needles. Here are my best wishes for everything turning out OK with this

Today, I go and get my stitches out of my back. Then, I'm going to treat myself (again) to a new blouse and shoes to go with my new skirt and jacket. This weekend, I'll have my dd take a photo of my newly attired beautiful self and post it for you to see - aren't you just waiting with baited breath for that?

Hope everyone has a Healthy and Happy day,

Lynn
Old 06-21-2007, 10:09 AM   #193  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Everyone!
I had a few minutes this morning and thought I'd catch up with everyone's news, HaHa! Geezzzzzzzzz, I'm lost. So many posting and not enough time to read them all. It's nice to see all the faithful still posting. We had tornados sited all around us last night, my storm alert went off twice and my neighbor down the road called and said all the sirens were going off in all the towns around us. (We can't hear them, we're country folks) What a noisy night!
When I went out to let the chickens out this morning I noticed our end Plum tree was ripped out of the ground and laying in our raspberry bushes and all our lawn furniture is sprawled all over the yard. Last night I was shaking in the basement with our dog and DH was upstairs looking out the window. Go Figure, must be a man thing! We'll have our 9 year old grandson out here today plus we'll have to decide what to do with the Plum tree.
I haven't been counting calories since I quit posting, after the rummage scale and all the fast foods we ate I was "Chicken" to get on the scale. Yesterday I bit the bullet and got on, pleasantly surprised that I hadn't gain. Ella, I love DH's picture of "Awaking in a Dream". I love vibrant colors and would buy it if I had a zillion dollars and a wall to put it on. We have a few limited edition prints still wrapped up and in our closets because of no place to put them. I did sell one at the rummage sale. Lynn, I love your multi colored cat, just like Joseph's coat of many colors. Maybe you should have named her Joesephine.

Gotta run, see you all in the movies!
Bobbi
Old 06-21-2007, 10:19 AM   #194  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post

Hi Femme, any chance we can get you to use a photo for your avatar?
I don't have any recent pictures of myself (I'm the one who does the photography,so I'm always behind the camera..plus I refuse to have anyone take a photo till I am "me" again!)..

But, there is a photo of me in my profile from about 15 years ago...my "goal" photo, lol..
Old 06-21-2007, 11:16 AM   #195  
Ellabella

Hi All…

Theresa, re: height, you might be interested in knowing that being tall isn’t ALWAYS an asset. First off, you have to find tall men, or at least most of us feel like we have to. It takes an extremely self-confident (tall, and preferably thin) woman to be with a man she towers over. Never mind the weight. When tall women gain too much weight, we look like freaking football players. Seriously. Unless we happen to be one of the few really lucky ones who are tall and willowy – and SMALL BONED – and NOT prone to gaining weight. Unfortunately for me, I am medium-boned, and when I gain weight (remember – when I started out with 3FC, I was 20 pounds heavier) I tend to get very chesty, and my belly expands rather alarmingly. I’m only now BEGINNING to get those “problem areas” under control. Luckily, my DH is 6’2” or so, and weighs in at @ 250, so I’m comfortable with him even when I AM in my “heavy-and-I-don’t-care” mode. There’s never any need to lose weight to make HIM happy, which is actually a double-edged sword: good, in that I feel very secure with him, but not-so-good in that there’s really no (external) motivation to stay in shape. So I have to provide my own. My EX-h was also tall, but he noticed if I gained so much as an ounce, and was constantly criticizing how much I ate, what I ate and when I ate…despite the fact that he was certainly no slim Jim himself. My (now) DH and I have been together for nearly six years, and It’s been like a whole different WORLD for me. But I’ll get into that some other time. What YOU have going for you is that when you DO lose the weight you want to lose (which you ARE going to do), you are PETITE! You are small and feminine and with that long red hair of yours, you’re going to be SUCH a knock out!!!! I can’t WAIT to see THOSE pictures, girlfriend! One thing I will never, ever be is petite.
DH’s website is www.stoneriley.com. Remember that it’s basically a lot of hype. He’s rather well-known in a lot of circles, but our lives are actually pretty quiet and often downright dull. We mostly go to work, come home, talk, read, and/or do our little art projects, and go to bed. And, of course, we spend time when we can with my children & grandchildren; he has none, but mine have graciously adopted him. One of these days, I will get pictures of my kids posted. They’re such beautiful people.
Femme!!!! Ohmigosh! I’m so sorry to hear about the problems with your eye! I certainly will hope for the best of outcomes for you. I’ll betcha that resisting that Snickers bar wasn’t all that hard, was it? Have you noticed that once you’ve been eating healthier for a while, the old (bad) stuff doesn’t have quite the same appeal it used to have?
Lyn, I’ve never golfed. My ex did. Enuff said, methinks.
Karen, MY house could use a good cleaning. With both of us working and commuting long distances each day (me an hour or more, depending on traffic, each way, DH an hour and a half) neither of us feels like doing any heavy duty cleaning during the week – I cook dinner, DH loads the dishwasher & wipes up the counters & table, etc. – and then we get some done on the weekends, but not as much or as thoroughly as I’d like. I’m seriously thinking about hiring someone to come in a few days a week, but then I feel so danged guilty because it’s only the two of us, after all. You’d think we could keep our house clean. But I may have to indulge myself. I’m half-way talked into it already.
Lynn, I’m looking forward to seeing your picture all decked out in your new clothes! Isn’t it fun to shop once you start dropping a few pounds?
Bobbi!!! SO nice to hear from you! Glad you survived the rough weather! That painting DOES require a pretty big wall – it’s something like 4’ X 5” or thereabouts, I think.
Okay, we’ve heard from MOST of the regulars, but Phyllis & Paula (and Lily?) seem to be MIA. Where ARE you, oh lost GOLDEN GIRLIES????? C’monnnn home!
And Jo-annie…like I said, we’re going to be needing pictures of your vacation as soon as you get back!
Have a wonderful day, y’all!!!

TTFN,

Ella
Closed Thread