Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 03:56 PM   #121  
Lifetime Loser

Ella that is a great and very well written story. Yes, it was sad....hey maybe you helped him cross over??? You ever watch Ghost Whisperer?

THERESA no I hated it the other night when they said "to be continued" on Medium. I think it is a really good show, my hubby is not real fond of it, he doesn't like all that "spirit" stuff....lol

My step-son and his family live in Middletown, OH....between Cinni and Dayton. My step-daughter & family live in Temperance, MI about 10 min. north of Toledo, OH.

JayJay I will try to find that book when we get back from our trip is it about pyschics? Like I said the one I went to was off several years about the business but she was wrong about what she saw my children doing as adults.
I had one that came in our business and she told me my grandson was going to be a girl but got the birth date correct!

Bobbi, we had a solid black cat that lived to be 19!!!! I thought she was going to out live me. lol She hardly ever wanted out the last few years, I think they need the security of being in a safe place when they are older.

Time for General Hospital.....Ok, I admit I am hooked on two soaps. The Young and The Restless is the other, love 'em both.

Phyllis
Old 05-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #122  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Hiya Lyn, I'm a bit bored myself today, as well. Not that I don't have anything to do - I just don't feel like doing it! I'm very proud of you, incidentally, for passing up dessert at the Olive Garden. Yanno, the more I pass up, the less appeal it has for me, somehow. They had a whole lot of leftover pizzas in the lunchroom at work today - they had some kind of "awareness event" here last night and apparently overestimated how much food they'd need, so there were a good ten pizzas - all different kinds - from Pizzeria Uno put out for staff to help themselves to. In the past, I would certainly have dug right in along with everybody else, but today I was perfectly happy to stick with my low-cal/high fiber lunch that I'd brought from home. I'm fitting into somewhat smaller clothes now - and that seems to provide added motivation for me. The pizzas were SO not tempting...cheesy and greasy, and just not the sort of “good” food I've been eating for the past few months, which I have really come to appreciate.

Oh, as for knowing his name was/is "Ned", I guess he somehow managed to "tell" me...telepathically, maybe?

Nope, Phyllis, haven’t ever seen the Ghost Whisperer, or any of the other TV shows about psychics or supernatural, or anything. DH and I are very weird people – don’t watch any TV at all, and that’s the truth. We have one (hidden in an antique cabinet) in the den, and one in the big guest bedroom, and they’re both hooked up to cable and all, but only get used when the grandkids come to stay overnight, or if we have guests visiting for a while. That’s not to say, though, that I’m not interested in psychic phenomena, because I very definitely am. I’ve had personal experiences – one of which I’ve told you-all about – and quite a few others that convinced me that there’s more to reality than what we see of it in our typical, everyday lives.

Yes, Theresa, Joanne, and Lyn – isn’t it great to have the kinds of childhood memories that we have from growing up in a time when it was pretty much safe to be a kid? I worry so about my grandchildren out in the world, and yet I know that worrying isn’t helpful or productive.

A wonderfully happy Mother’s Day to those of you who will be away from the keyboard all weekend!

TTFN,

Ella
Old 05-11-2007, 09:30 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Ladies,
I hope everyone had a good Friday. I enjoyed my day and spent it just trying to get things ready to go.
I have been reading all these Ghost stories and I love it!! I've had several things happen to me over the years and I'll have to sit down and write about then when I have more time.

These pictures I took last year when we went up to Cripple Creek to see all the Aspens changing colors in the Fall. The one with the light I took first and when I saw that it had a "light" in it that looked like it was moving I took another picture immediately and at the exact same place and never even moved my position. I just thought these were some really neat looking pictures that I thought that I would share. The other picture is just to show you how beautiful the Aspens are when they change to that rich gold color in the Fall.

Ok well, I'd better get busy and get the ktichen cleaned up before I end up leaving it until morning---- I hate it when I do that!!

Have a good night everybody. Karen

Last edited by Karen31; 03-17-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:10 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Smile

Bobby
here is the info you asked about.
I did not know how to do it. But I can Google it!

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA011179441033.aspx

Note This feature requires Excel, FrontPage, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Publisher, Word, or Visio.
Do one of the following:
For Microsoft
click Start,
point to All Programs,
point to Accessories,
point to System Tools,
and then click Character Map.

For Microsoft Windows 2000,
click Start,
point to Programs,
point to Accessories,
point to System Tools,
and then click Character Map.

Note If Character Map is not available, see Windows Help for information about how to install a Windows component.
In the Character Map dialog box, scroll until you find the degree symbol.

1. To select a font, click the down arrow, and then click the font that you want.

2. When you click a cell in the symbol grid, a larger version appears for your review. In this example a check mark is shown.

3.To add the current symbol to the Characters to copy box, click Select.

4.To place the symbol in the Characters to copy box on the Windows clipboard, click Copy.

Click the symbol that you want,
click Select, and then click Copy.
Switch to your document,
and then place the insertion point where you want to paste the degree symbol.
Click Paste.

Note If the symbol looks different from the one that you selected, select the symbol and then apply the same font that you selected in Character Map.
The symbol will automatically appear in the With box.
In the Replace box, type a word or phrase that you want to associate with the degree symbol — for example, type degreemark.
Click Add.
Click OK.
In your documents, when you want to use the degree symbol that you just defined, type the replace word that you used in step 4.

I use Microsoft Works.
It is very simple with Works.
Go to insert.
Click on Special Character.
Find your symbol and click insert.
very easy!

I hope this helps

Attached Images
File Type: gif ZA011165841033.gif (16.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 05-12-2007, 10:59 AM   #125  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Theresa, Could you possibly move in with us? I'm such a ninny, I had no idea that information was right on the top of my "Word" program. It took two clicks to put the symbol on my page. Thanks again.
How to Make Keyboard
Bullets, Hearts, FrenchAccents,Copyright Symbols and More with the Alt Key

In your correspondence and business marketing materials, do you ever need to use symbols that aren't on the computer keyboard? Like © for Copyright or the Trademark symbol (™) or how about a real bullet (•) instead of an asterisk (*)?

Maybe you have a need to make French and German accents such as à, é or ü. Or you've always wondered how to make keyboard heart symbols, check boxes, checkmarks or scissors? (You'll need the Dingbats font or a hearts font family for the hearts... see below).
Here are detailed instructions for using both (1) the "Insert" function in Microsoft Word as well as (2) the "Alt Key" shortcuts for the same symbols.
vvvIf you have Microsoft Word, you'll have Wingdings (see below), but the Dingbats font has the hearts (see below).

(1) How to Use the "Insert" Function:
In Microsoft Word (and Publisher), there's an easy way to insert symbols for copyright, trademark, cents and French, German and Spanish accents. You never again have to use e', when what you really want is é.

On the top of the screen of your open Word document, you'll see the headings: File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, etc. Click on "Insert" and on the drop-down list, click on "Symbol." A symbol box will pop up. Click on the symbol you want to insert into your text, then click on the insert button and close the box.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:19 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting pretty discouraged. I feel like I never eat what I want to eat (like pizza or ice cream), but I get hungry and eat too much of something I don't really want (like ff/sf yogurt and ff/sf peanutbutter) and end up never losing any weight.

I'm trying to stick to the diabetic diet and trying to lose weight, and I'm accomplishing neither.

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Lynn
Old 05-12-2007, 03:02 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!!!

http://www.alighthouse.com/mday29.htm

Enjoy Your Day, Karen
Old 05-12-2007, 07:27 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

I second that!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
Attached Images
File Type: gif mothersrose.gif (15.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 05-13-2007, 09:51 AM   #129  
Lifetime Loser

Cool

Lynn, I sure know how you feel. I am still fighting with the same 5 lbs. Last night I had 2 drinks and ate a bit more meat and a package of crackers and I'm up 1/2 lb. today.

I spent a fortune for the hypnosis and I do feel I am getting a lot out of it and still have several sessions left but have only lost 1 lb. BUT my pants are getting lose so maybe the walking is taking some inches away...I didn't measure.

I don't eat much either anymore, I am going to my kidney Dr. Weds. and will talk to her about it, maybe they are the problem?

Anyway.....we won't give up will we!!!! I have something I like once a week and that seems to help me stay on track and not crave things.

Here's to a great week!

Phyllis
Old 05-13-2007, 10:01 AM   #130  
Lifetime Loser

Smile

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY EVERYONE
Old 05-13-2007, 11:31 AM   #131  

Default Happy Mother's Day

Here are my wishes for everyone to have a happy and healthy Mother's Day.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 04-07-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:18 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 179/

Height: 5feet 2 inches

Hey guess who lost 2 pounds? Yup I did and another 2 bite the dust

I seem to doing something right I am going in the right direction slowly but surely.

Well it is a wet May here in Milton Keynes it has rained every single day if not all day then some part of it, and I mean rain we have a puddle out the back, anyone a duck or two LOL On the plus side we have no need to water the plants.

We have lots of lovely salad leaves to pcik and they taste really good. Today we are having a salmon tail joiunt that I will stuff with lots of lovey things like spinach ( picked fron teh garden) onions, chives ( from the garden) and mushrooms. Served up with some new potatoes, peas and sweetcorn.
I will get on with that right now as it is already 16:16 hours so I will sign off. I think it Mother's day in America if it is I hope you have a great day.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:05 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi girls- It was such a beautiful weekend. We got the gardens all ready to plant. I got some of the Spring veggies in yesterday and I'm hoping to finish them today. I still have carrots, onions, beans and beets to plant. Then when it warms up more I'll Get the tomatoes, peppers and cukes in. The squares look so cute. I can't wait for the stuff to start peeking though the soil.
They finally diagnosed that my dad had a stroke on Thursday. They did another CAT scan when he wasn't responsive. He has swelling of the brain and a fluid build up so they had to put him on a vent and put a drain in his head. They've had him in a sedative state to help his brain heal. I've been going to visit him everyday. They are hoping to take him off the vent today. My dad has always been very active so seeing him lay there is so hard.
I hope all you moms had a nice Mother's Day. I had a nice day. My oldest daughter took me to dinner on Saturday and my youngest bought me a hanging red petunia for my humming bird garden. We went to the cemetery after we visited my dad and put lilacs on my mom's grave. Then we came home and went to lunch with my MIL. We splurges for dinner and had fried ice cream instead of a meal.

Karen- I hope you have a nice trip and can check in often to let us know you are doing OK.

Ella- What a nice ghost story. You are like the Ghost Whisperer.

Phyllis- I watch GH too. I also watch Days of Our Lives.

Wulfcwen- : Another 2 pounds is super!!

OK, I'm off to take my shower. My grandson is coming this morning to help me plant sunflower seeds and then I have to finish a pioneer outfit and get it in the mail today!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:46 AM   #134  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Everyone!
Congrats to the 2# loss wulfcwen! What time is your Salmon going to be done, I'll be right over!
Paula... All our garden plants are up and very thirsty, we haven't had much rain DH is going to water it with the hose this morning.
Hope everyone gets back on track today with their menus, I don't think I went over my calories yesterday. I didn't eat the fried rice or noodles, just the chicken and veggies, egg roll and fortune cookie. We picked up Chinese take-out and brought over to MIL so nobody would have to cook or do dishes. I tried to google what I ate but couldn't find it. So last night I only had popcorn for supper. Does anyone know where you can find Hot Braised Chicken stir-fry?
I'm off to MIL today, she's thinking about moving into a senior apartment complex and she has about 60 years worth of junk to get ready for a rummage sale. I told her it will probably take all summer to get through that much stuff.
Have a great day, Bobbi
P.S. I dropped 1.5 pounds today.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:48 AM   #135  

Good Morning Everyone,
I had a REALLY nice - REALLY bad eating - mother's day. Besides eating, we watched two DVD's - Prestige and Notes on a Scandal. Both were good.

This morning, I found two VERY good websites for folks with diabetes. They are packed with info. I'm hoping they will help with my situation.

Hope everyone has a nice day - I'm off to walk in the park with my gf.

Lynn
Closed Thread