Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 09:28 AM   #181  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Nice finds, Bobbi! Doncha just LOVE finding bargains like that? I found an online auction site - the actual auction house is about a half hour's drive from my house - and I absolutely LOVE it! I've gotten a few absolutely OUTSTANDING buys - one of which is my Trimrider, which I got at the auction for $17 !!!! I bought it when I was just STARTING this healthy eating business - and thinking about exercising, but not altogether sure I would do it, since I've never exactly been the athletic type, yanno? $17 seemed like a reasonable investment for something that might conceivably end up packed away down in the basement. Of course I really have used it quite a bit (although I prefer my bike rides) and DH uses it, so it sure was $17 well spent!
Karen, it was certainly good to hear from you. So glad that you're enjoying your trip!
Theresa! LONG HAIR! AND you exercise more than I do! Man! I feel really inadequate now! (PLus you know all about computers!!!!) I WISH I could grow my hair again. Last time I had long hair was when I wuz a hippie-girl, and that was a LONG, LONG time ago!!! (Longer than seems possible, yanno?) I can't get mine much past shoulder length before the ends all start splitting - plus, while I have a LOT of hair, it's very fine: I've always wished for a head of THICK, luxurious hair, but you know what good wishing does, eh? Ahhhhh I'm pretty much resigned to it at this late stage, but I still feel awfully envious of people who have long hair - I mean, I'd LOVE to be an old lady (someday: not YET!) with a pretty, long silver braid down my back...which of course, I never will, but can't help thinking how much I'd like it.
Soooooooo. We went out to dinner last night at the home of a woman-friend of DH's and mine. She's an artist-type whom we've become friendly with by virtue of running into her at various art events, and she's been to our house five or six times - both with other people and on a couple of occasions, by herself. She's funny, bright, and we both enjoy our conversations with her. She's been inviting us to her house - she lives in Framingham, which is about a half-hour's drive from us, heading towards Boston - for a long time, now, and we never seem to manage to get there.
Until last night. We'd never met her husband, who is some kind of big whig-type who works for Hewlitt-Packard and travels all over the world for his job. Whooo-hooo, right? Um. Nuh-uh.
So, they have this perfectly ordinary house in the suburbs - nice enough, but nothing spectacular - and everything is *nice*, everything is perfectly fine, but VERY ordinary, which is interesting, given her "artsiness". (I had expected something OUT of the ordinary). BUT so what? I mean, who cares what her HOUSE is like, anyway???? We're there to visit with her and her DH, right? RIGHT.
Well, the evening was nothing like we'd expected. Usually this woman is talking politics, art, religion, philosophy, travel, etc., etc., etc.....you get the picture, right? An INTERESTING conversationalist. Very animated, energetic, interesting. Well, she was a TOTALLY DIFFERENT PERSON with her DH!!!! It was amazing! Oh, we all Managed (somehow) to keep the conversation going - as it turns out, they were high school sweethearts who grew up in Brooklyn, New York - and she told us - in some detail - about their courtship, and about their daughter (only child) who is the light of their lives - and we were regaled with everything she's ever done from infancy through college graduation to her current job and BF. The DH was quite laid-back - a combination, if you can picture it, of the quintessential snob and painfully dull ; sipped at his glass(es) of wine quite steadily, told a couple of stories about how one can best take care of oneself in a foreign country - and then, after dinner (which was nice - a roast pork with a zuchinni vegetable dish and mashed potatoes with skin-on; I brought a salad and some cranberry-pecan bread) we were ushered into the den where her DH's new, 42-inch high-definition, flat-screened TV took up practically an entire wall. He had to show us how CLEAR the picture was, how it made you feel like you were a PART of the action - AND he flipped through the channels until he found "Pirates of the Carribean2" and said we'd LOVE it...so that's what we did. Ate, and then watched a movie! Good grief! That was a LONG movie, too! Started it at 9:00 and it didn't get over until almost midnight! At which point, we had to drive home again in yet MORE RAIN! Blah!
MY DH was bored out of his mind, and I wasn't far behind. (We're just NOT TV-watchers, and both tend to fall asleep if we attempt to watch it, so we'd spent probably the last hour and a half taking turns nudging each other to keep awake! ) We both made a beeline for the bathroom and bed as soon as we walked into our house. THEN, wouldn't you know, I was awake at 6:30 this morning! DH was up before me, but has since gone back to bed.
GOOD NEWS! The SUN has been trying to peek through this morning! Seems weak, and it probably won't last, but it's good to see it trying, all the same!
I have my two daughters & SILs and GD and GS (ages 5 & 6, respectively)coming for dinner later today; am kind of wishing that I hadn't said I'd cook today. I'd dearly LOVE just to lie around all day like a slug. Ahhh, well - maybe another cup of cawfee will boost my energy level a bit.
Hope you're having a great weekend, Joanne...and Dr. Femme, and all you other lovely GOLDEN GIRLIES... (Lyn - you still on LI??? And Lynn..what museum are you traipsing around THIS weekend, girlie?)

Omigawd. Maybe I should go back to bed!

TTFN,

Ella
Old 05-20-2007, 11:00 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Phyllis, you know, when you start to see progress in the health area from what we are doing regarding diet and exercise it is REALLY motivational. My Blood Sugar readings are now down in the area where they should be (around 120 two hours after meals). We just MUST continue to do this.
Congratuations on good kidney report.

Hi Ella, OK - exactly the same weight and exactly the same goal. I think this calls for a challenge. The challenge is, we do this together. I'll keep up with you and you keep up with me. What do you say? Please notice, I'm at 174 today.

Hi Joanne, what are you going to do for exercise when your boot camp is over? Your post about the girl running by you reminded me of last night's dream. I dreamt I was running for exercise! I must be taking this stuff really seriously!

Hi Theresa, what an adorable little girl. I am SOOOOO jealous.

Hi Bobbi, attic exploration - what fun - what hard work! BTW - I pay $100 for cut and color.

Hi Lyn, I go in spurts with my diet/weight spreadsheets. However, with this blood sugar stuff, I really needed to figure out just how many carbs I can have and still keep my blood sugar within a good range. It's a lot less than we were taught in the diabetes class. They said 45-60. I can do 15-25.

Hi Karen, good to hear from you. Glad you are having a nice trip.

To Everyone, - I've been missing in action for a few days - getting to the end of the semester with my students - lots of papers to correct and grades to assign. By this time every semester, I am REALLY ready for the course to be over.

On Thursday, I leave for NY State (Finger Lakes region) to go to a Women's Museum with my dear friend and her friend. I'm not sure of the name. I will have my computer with me, so I'll let you know.

BTW - my Little Sister loved the horseback riding lesson.

Hope we all have a happy and healthy Sunday,

Lynn
Old 05-20-2007, 12:07 PM   #183  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Morning everyone - ok I guess you will all see this in the afternoon. I got on my computer briefly yesterday and meant to catch up and be caught up. For whatever reason I turned on my instant messaging (haven't done that in months), my dearest friend in Brooklyn was online (her first time in forever too). We reminised that this weekend last year we were at her place and proceeded to chat for a while - -before you know it I had to leave for the day and no note was done here. I have to admit to being in a funk since dinner out on Thurs -- I am beginning to think I just can't go out for dinner -- and that isn't right either -- arghhhh. I am going to really try hard today to keep things in line. I have to do some shopping in a while and that will help.

Ella -- you had me on the floor with all your posts -- my goodness you talk about needing your GOLDEN GIRL fix -- I just need my Ella fix. You even make shopping sound amusing LOL. I must tell you the story about my sweetie's haircut -- just after he moved in two years ago -- he went to his "drive-by" hair salon (cheap and nasty LOL). He has this incredible head of thick dark hair and he would just ask for a bit trimmed off all over. For whatever reason he went to a salon in the mall near us -- and she (gasp -- horrors) "styled" it. He was FURIOUS. He was livid that she didn't listen to him -- I had to sit there and nod and say that I agree in pricipal -- but that I LOVED it. I really had to wait for him to calm down before I told him how much I liked it. Nice thing is he gets it done like that all the time now --- Phew!!! I am also the tousled look girl -- I hate my hair long because ---ACKKKK --- its too thick and wavy. I grew it out about 10 years ago because my husband wanted me to -- I hated it -- couldn't do a thing with it and it looked out of control LOL. Interesting about your "artsy" friend and her "fartsy" husband but I would sure love to try your cranberry-pecan bread.

Bobbi -- sounds like you did really well -- I just gave away boxes and boxes of LP's when I moved three years ago. I was quite ruthless and I dont' think any were in mint condition.

Lyn - glad things are going well on LI -- and your SIL doesn't have a dryer how does she live

Lynn -- congrats on the pounds down!!! Enjoy the trip to NY -- you just keep going and going and going. We need an engergizer bunny smiley for you.

Theresa - LOL I was definitely a child of the 60's and 70's I was too young for woodstock but one of my friends went. I actually have fun with my sweetie -- he is a whole 6 years younger and sometimes (rarely) I can catch him not knowing something or not experiencing something that was all too common to me and my friends. I only have three bootcamp sessions left and I want to buy a flex pass. But I take fitness classes at work and with the new summer session coming in a week there are four classes I might want to attend. My goal is to do at least three a week and use my flex pass at bootcamp at least once a week.

Karen -- so good to see you report in. Glad things are going well.

Well off to do my normal Sunday -- shop, laundry and hope the drizzle goes away because I need to get my fence painted. I picked out the colour yesterday and would love to get started. Its just a tiny fence but it looks terrible. I can't power wash it because I am positive it will disintegrate LOL.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:52 AM   #184  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
Not much activity on the threads this week-end, everyone must be outside enjoying the weather. Yesterday we finally got some much needed rain, DH has been watering the vegetable garden daily with the hose. It's suppose to rain again this morning, yah! I had some annuals die in my shade garden and will replace them after exercise this morning. I dropped another pound after all the running up and down the stairs at MIL last week, thank God we're just about done over there. This week I'm going to start on our stuff, I have lots of collectibles and limited edition prints I'm going to unload.

Lynn and Ella, Personal challenges are great motivators, go for it!
We'll be your cheer leaders!
Quote:
Hi Ella, OK - exactly the same weight and exactly the same goal. I think this calls for a challenge. The challenge is, we do this together. I'll keep up with you and you keep up with me. What do you say? Please notice, I'm at 174 today.
I can hear the chickens squawking, I better go let them out. We shut the door in the hen coop at night so the coyotes don't get them.
They get a morning treat of cut up grapes and cabbage, what spoiled little girls they are. Especially when grapes were over $3.00 this winter. The word squawking doesn't look right, now would be a good time to use the spell checker but I didn't install it yet. Does anyone know the answer to my question, where are you "Theresa the Genie Whiz"?

Have a good one, Bobbi
Old 05-21-2007, 10:11 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Bobby.

ieSpell
is a free Internet Explorer browser extension that spell checks text input boxes on a webpage. It should come in particularly handy for users who do a lot of web-based text entry (e.g. web mails, forums, blogs, diaries).

Even if your web application already includes spell checking functionality, you might still want to install this utility because it is definitely much faster than a server-side solution.
Plus you get to store and use your personal word list across all your applications, instead of maintaining separate ones on each application.

The program installs as a new button in the IE toolbar (as well as a new menu item under "Tools") - after filling in a form, just hit the ieSpell button and it pops up a dialog, similar to the MS Word spell check. ieSpell also works (right-click menu only) on other IE based browsers.

http://www.iespell.com/download.php

I have used this free download for a few years. I love it. It works on any webpage that YOU type into.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:27 AM   #186  

All right it's time to get off. my dd and I are planning to go to the movies and look for a scales at bed and bath.

here are More pics. Yeah! I love my pics.

granddaughter and Mommy were sweating in the Rain Forest at the Cleveland Zoo.
DD after her make-over.
Back later have a sunny day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_0441.jpg (33.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1745.jpg (47.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-21-2007, 11:32 AM   #187  
Ellabella

I believe you spelled "squawking" perfectly correctly, Bobbi. (Of course I'm not using Spellcheck, either )

Well, Lynn, we'll have to keep track of each other, sure, but remember when you first proposed the "First or Fourth of July Challenge", and I said that if we were competing for the most pounds lost, or something, I probably wouldn't join in because I don't do well when I'm trying to out-do somebody else? PLUS, I have to say that this past week has been a BAD one for me emotionally. I guess I really do have Seasonal Affective Disorder, because all that rain and damp weather really HAS put a major damper on my enthusiasm. Not that I've overeaten, neccessarily - there were a couple of days when I FELT like I must've, FELT hungry and less committed, but when I actually sat down & reviewed what I'd eaten and added up the calories, I was well within range. Using the Trimrider instead of going on my bikerides got old awfully, fast, too, and wasn't providing the benefits of bikeriding, either.

Yesterday, we had a little sunshine in the afternoon, and I had a 30 minute bikeride before the kids arrived for dinner, and then rode for 45 minutes at @ 6:30. They left at 5, but as they were leaving, a rainstorm - and thunder & lightening - were starting. It stopped after an hour or so, and cleared some, although the sun didn't really come back out again. But I just felt like I HAD to get out there and ride some more. Everybody's lawns are pretty and green (and WET) and a lot of flowers are coming out, although all the rain (and windstorms) this past week have destryed a lot of blossoms - our neighborhood has a lot of pretty pink-flowering cherry trees and rhododendrons and azaela bushes that were absolutely gorgeous a week ago and are now pretty bedraggled. Also, you can SMELL mold in the air in some places. I used to be allergic to mold spores, and would cough and sneeze my way through rainy days, but (what a surprise, huh?) the allergies seem to have cleared up some since I quit smoking.

I received a nice compliment this morning coming out of the employee lunch room after going to get myself a cup of coffee after sitting in traffic on the Mass 'Pike for 2 hours and 15 minutes . Well, I'm pleased about the compliment, of course. The was for the traffic. One of the women whose office is on the floor below mine, and whom I really only see to nod "hello" to from time to time, told me I look GREAT, and asked me what I'd been doing to look so good. That was nice.

Plenty of sunshine today. Yay! Just in time to get back to work!

Speaking of which, I'd better DO some.

Oh, Lynn. Let's certainly keep up with each other if we can, and offer encouragement, etc., but can we not make it into a competition? I'm really about taking my time with this, yanno?

Hiya Joannnie, have a great day, m'dear.

Nice pics, Theresa. I still haven't taken any to post. Aurrrgh.

TTFN,

Ella
Old 05-21-2007, 12:03 PM   #188  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Red face Monday Monday (again)

Hi all,

I’m back at home – well, back at work right now. We drove home Saturday night after seeing my BIL and congratulating him on his great progress. He is supposed to be discharged today!

Yes, the sun is out here too…horray!!. I got on the scale this am and was pleasantly surprised to see I hadn’t gained. Maybe those M&Ms and Almond Joy got burned off with all of this stress.

My DH WAS at Woodstock – (he turns 57 next week). He was one of the few who actually paid for tickets before it was declared a free concert. He always boasts that he is on the cover of a record album…the Woodstock Album…he is one of those many people dots.

Theresa – thanks for the spelling advise. I’m one of the worst spellers in the world. Nice photos.

Ella – Sorry about your not-so-entertaining dinner experience. It’s always amazing to see people in their own “habitats”, isn’t it? We really don’t have any friends here that we can have long interesting philosophical discussions with. I miss that. We have good friends in NH that we see only occasionally and they are so interesting. She is a psychologist and he is retired from business. Whenever we get together we talk about religion, art politics etc. and I feel rejuvenated. When we get together with friends here it’s mostly local (town) politics and LeRoy”buzz”. That’s ok too, but it would be nice to have a mix.

Bobbi – Congrats on the pound loss!!

Jay-Jay, Hang in there! Did you buy some healthy foods to pick you up?

Lynn- I know just where you are going in the Finger Lakes. Seneca Falls, right? I have not been there yet but I hear the museum is very inspiring. Let’s hear it for women!! Did you know Bedford Falls in the movie “A Wonderful Life” was based on Seneca Falls?

So...to all the Golden Girls - Have a great Monday. Enjoy the sun if you've got it. Take a walk or ride the bike.

Lyn
Old 05-22-2007, 08:41 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies,
Just a quickie! I've been so busy and worried about my dad that I haven't even really had time or felt like lurking. I'll have to catch up on all the posts later.
The weekend was hard. My dad didn't look good. He was running a low grade fever and they had him on more meds. They had him scheduled to do the trech and feeding tube yesterday. I saw him yesterday morning and I was expecting him to be the same as he had been all weekend. Was I surprised when I walked in and he had his eyes wide open and seemed to be in good spirits. Of course he still couldn't talk because they still had the tube down his throat, but he just looked and acted better. I left after they did the operation. They said they were going to possible also take the drain tube out of his head yesterday and he should be feeling a lot better today. They are going to start getting him up before long and starting him on his physical therapy. I swear his nurse yesterday must have been the head cheerleader when she was in high school. She was so bubbly and had such a positive attitude. She said my dad was doing great and much better than they expected him to be doing. I left yesterday feeling so much better about all of this. I sure hope he's even half as good today.
My TV blew up Friday so we had to get a new one. Of course all they sell now are expensive wide/flat screens. Since they wouldn't fit in our entertainment center we also had to get a chest for the new TV to sit on. My house addition and fireplace keeps getting put back more and more.
When I got home from he hospital yesterday we decided to take the carpet up in my daughter's living room. The people before had dogs and the carpet was so stinky even after she scrubbed it. The floors are beautiful hard wood. She's going to get a big area rug for the center of the room. We still have to take the carpet off the stairs and hallway. They she'll have hardwood throughout the house except the kitchen and bath.
I've been out to check on the garden. My lettuce is peeking out and so it the sunflowers. The onion sets were already sprouting when we planted them, but the seems bigger. I have to still plant the tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. I'm waiting a little longer for that. It's been getting cold at night and I don't want to change them getting too cold. We had frost last week. I'll probably put them in on Sunday.
Well, I guess I should get my shower and get ready for the day. I'll try and catch up in the next day or so.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:57 AM   #190  

Good Morning girls

Paula, MY prayers and thoughts to you and your family. I am glad you Father looks better.

I was very busy yesterday.
My dd and I started early. We were originally going to the movies @11 am.
The movies were not open, So we went to Bed and Bath and To Kmart.
I bought a new Tanita scale for $30. I love it. Our old scale was off by 10 pounds.
New scale says...167 lb!
I am not changing my ticker till Friday. Lets see if I can keep it there.

After we got home, My phone rang. I have a new job!

I will be working in an ASSISTED LIVING home for the aged. Serving them food and cleaning up after the meal. Easy money. Just enough hrs to help buy food.
Is it me or has the cost of eating gone sky high lately?
That and eating healthy seems to be costing more too.

Well I am doing Curves 4 times a week... its time to go.
back later. have a sunny day!
Old 05-22-2007, 12:30 PM   #191  
Ellabella

Paula, I'm so glad to hear that your Dad is improving! You know we're all thinking of you - and him, of course - through these rough times. It was nice getting your update!

Theresa! I need to get ME one of those scales! Maybe I weigh less than mine is saying, too!!! Wow! Would I love THAT or WHAT? Congrats on the new job, too...and yes, the cost of food DOES seem to be going up. I believe it has something to do with the increased gas prices and increased costs to the grocery stores for getting the food to them. But. my grocery bill has been sky high - like you said, eating healthy seems to cost more, but the price of our regular staples is higher, too. EVERYTHING costs more these days!!! It's pretty tiresome, isn't it? We just made reservations for my son & his girlfriend to fly into Boston for ten days (from L.A.) at the end of June, and had to pay $1178 for the two of them in ECONOMY class! It's just crazy. Of course we might've gotten it for less had he given us the dates sooner, but with my darling son, everything gets done late. If I didn't want to see that rapscallion so badly, I'd want to wring his neck!!!

I envy Bobbi outside in her gardens and yard today. It's a beautiful day here, and I'm here in my office stressed out because I'm moving into another office, and having to pack everything up for the movers while at the same time meeting a couple of deadlines with my writing. It's pretty crazy. I'm really looking forward to going home and getting my bike ride. It's very calming, I've discovered.

Oh, and Theresa and Bobbi???? Since I posted on the challenge thread??? I have experienced even MORE relief!!! Good lawd!!! Enough is enough, now!

Take care all (you still out there somewhere, Joannie???) and have a good day!

TTFN,

Ella

Old 05-22-2007, 01:57 PM   #192  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Tuesday Check-in

Hi all,

Gorgeous day here in upstate NY. We have a Farmer's Market here at work once a week and I just bought a beautiful hanging basket of purple petunias and some tomato plants. I put my tomato seedlings outside in the sun yesterday and they whithered and passed out. Too much sun too soon. woops!

Paula - good news about your dad. I know how much of a relief if must be for you to see hime improving.

Theresa - Think I need a new scale. I was up a pound from last week. yes food prices are quite high here as well

Ella - Yes, I find it very very frustrating to be here in the office on such a beautiful day. Will go home and plant some more flowers. yesterday I got in half my pansies and some daisies.

Well, ta-ta for now, gals.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:51 PM   #193  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi GOLDEN GIRLS I am still in recovery mode after having four days off. I am positive I will have to work forever because I am just not inspired to do anything while I am off. I wanted to paint my fence -- that got rained out Although last night I participated in the bootcamp version of the Amazing Race -- it should be the Incredible Race because it was incredible that I finished. I have never worked so hard or moved so much since I can't remember when -- luckily I had three great teammates - very encouraging and they never got upset when I held up progress. I was still wheezing two hours later -- heck still today sometimes -- I am not asthmatic and I have never smoked but that much cardio really affects me. Other good thing I did was go through all our clothes - I was ruthless. For years even when I was 40 pounds heavier I wore my clothes baggy -- so now they are huge and baggy -- I had cleaned through once already when I moved three years ago -- but it was time to do it again. Between the two of us we got 6 huge bags -- 2 of which we will keep until closer to winter and then take them directly to the shelter for distribution - the rest can go to the thrift shops.

Bobbi - not sure what is worse spoiled or squawking chickens LOL. Are the eggs fabulous with the expensive grape diet?

Theresa - is that you in the blue? You don't look old enough to be a mom let alone a grandmom -- yay you!!! Congrats on the new job and the fabulous new scale.

Ella -- ma bella!!! LOL you brought back other memories of the dear Mass 'Pike. When we left Boston after vacation I took some tunnel when I entered I was heading west (my story) when we emerged I was heading east By the time I hit the 'Pike I was leary about changing lanes for anything -- thus I entered the "beast" without a ticket -- wasn't sure if I was going to be arrested along the way or near the end -- played stupid Canuck at the other end - paid my fortune and drove safely back to NY. See we don't have toll roads here - ok we have one but I only use it once every three years or so (if that). Just enjoy the trip with your DS -- its only money (gasp I can't believe I am saying that).

Lyn - welcome back glad you made it home after the extended trip. Just had a cute thought --- get someone that can do photoshop and have a current photo of your husband photoshopped onto the Woodstock Album -- he might get a kick out of it.

Paula - you are doing what is important -- we will be here and just pleased that you dropped by with news. Its so tough to see our loved ones in ICU. Be good to yourself.

Well of course the weekend is over and the sun has shone all day -- off to a strata meeting tonight --- looks like our complex will need a new roof before winter -- so we have to vote on spending the money -- I will need to find $12K from somewhere - if anyone wants to have a telethon for me I won't be embarassed LOL.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:59 AM   #194  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Subject: Over 50

Q: Where can women over the age of 50 find young, sexy men, who are
interested in them?
A: Try a bookstore under fiction.

Q: What can a man do while his wife is going through menopause?
A: Keep busy. If you're handy with tools, you can finish the basement. When
you are done you will have a place to live.

Q: How can you increase the heart rate of your 50+ year old husband?
A: Tell him you're pregnant.

Q: How can you avoid spotting a wrinkle every time you walk by a mirror?
A: The next time you're in front of a mirror, take off your glasses.

Q: Why should 50+ year old people use valet parking?
A: Valets don't forget where they park your car.

Q: Is it common for 50+ year olds to have problems with short term memory
storage?
A: Storing memory is not a problem, retrieving it is a problem.

Q: As people age, do they sleep more soundly?
A: Yes, but usually in the afternoon.

Q: Where do 50+ year olds look for fashionable glasses?
A: Their foreheads.

My favorite

Q: What is the most common remark made by 50+ year olds when they enter
antique stores?
A: "I remember these".*
Old 05-23-2007, 09:21 AM   #195  

Morning all!

Bobby,THAT was funny.

I have the dr. in 30 min. just wanted to check in.

Nice way to start my day.
smiling.
thanks.
Closed Thread