Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 02:07 PM   #91  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Morning -- ok I am sure it's Afternoon now for all the GOLDEN GIRLS. Had a slow start today for several reasons. Not sure if anyone saw my rant on General Chatter -- but another online friend and I outed someone that had faked her death on another website Poor pathetic creature. I also wasn't feeling the best yesterday so I had to skip my definition class -- at least I kept my calories in the low range - just above 1500 for the day is pretty good for this girl.

Following up on TV watching I have to admit I tend to be a bit of an addict. Love so many shows I can't even name them off. On our DO NOT MISS list is House, CSI NY and Jericho, plus I love Amazing Race, Desparate Housewives, Top Chef and anything with Gordon Ramsay -- love that sexy foul mouthed Scottish chef LOL.

Lynn - congrats on getting rid of a pound and so pleased you enjoyed riding -- if I get below 200 I might think about it sometime.

Bobbi - Bootcamp is 4 weeks long, 5 or 3 nights a week - I go 3 for one hour. Yes they push us but we are all human and have limitations, they realize it so you do what you can. My goal is to finish -- not to finish fast.

Ella - my darling Boston friend your posts as always have me smiling and laughing I have done a lot of travel would love to do more -- its the places I love to visit -- its the getting there I loath. My one brother-in-law takes off at least once a month and that would drive me crazy (he is currently in Paris

Paula - more good wishes for your dad. Its not easy and ICU is difficult to visit. Maybe bootcamp isn't for everyone but I will say this time last year I would have definitely never considered doing it. I am one of those people that if I can do it anyone can LOL. I have two very talented friends that did tole painting, I would marvel at what they created. They both said "anyone" can do it. So I thought I would call their bluff -- I have zero, nada zilch artistic talent but I registered for classes. Once you learn the techniques its true "ANYONE" can do it because I did LOL.

Rose -I love anything by Patterson, DeMille is great plus several other authors whose names are slipping past me right now. LOL my maid is coming tomorrow so I need to clean up tonight.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:42 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Theresa & Ella & Phyllis, My daughter's B&B has a ghost. Several guests have seen him. I felt him & stay out of that room.

Hi Bobbi, I like CSI also - NOT the Miami one - the original one.

Hi Paula, the rear end is fine - it was English not Western - but the inner thighs are screaming from all that posting!

Hi Lyn, Did you read Double Bind? That is another of Bohjalian's books. VERY interesting!

Hi Rose, I agree with you about AI - it's either Jordan or Melinda. I was leaning toward Melinda, but last night, Jordan was pretty amazing.

Hi Joanne, Someone "faked her death" on a website!!!!! What's up with that?

Today I ran around - I have ingrown toenails & had to get them cut - then had to get my glasses fixed - then a haircut - then dinner with my DD & SIL.
Tonight I have more papers to grade.

Busy day.

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy day,

Lynn
Old 05-09-2007, 08:06 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Smile

Ok, here is my little Ghost Story.

Years ago I worked 8 pm to 8 am. So I was not at home at the time this happened.
My husband got up from bed about 5 am.
Took his shower and got dressed for work.
He went into the Kitchen which was not lit up at the time. Partial light only.

In the Kitchen was a mirror that was beside our back door, His shoes were below this mirror.

When her bent over to get his shoes, he looked in this same mirror…And he saw a short women with long red hair. He said she looked like me.

He asked ME, "'what was I doing at home so early?
""
When I did not answer, He turned around to look. No one was there.

He looked back to the mirror and she was there still. So He turned on the light and looked again in the mirror.
No one.

Turned off the light and there she was.

He saw this Ghost about 4 times in the next few months.

One night he woke up about 2 am.

Felt someone LITTLE holding his hand. There was no one in the room.

Another night, He heard a glass break in the kitchen.( on a carpeted floor? ) Looked up from the bed, and The Ghost was looking at him from the bedroom door.

We moved about this time to this house we bought.

Yes, he did see her here, 2 times after that.

Standing in the kitchen window. Again, I was not home.

My daughter saw her going up and down the hall. She does not talk about it much. It scares her.

My feelings at the time… That maybe she is the Child I miscarried in 1983.
I guess I will know when I die and go to heaven?? Or not.

No I never saw this Ghost. ( Angel ? )
Ok enough of that!

You will never guess my favorite tv show.

Medium.

I TVO it, and the next day Watch it with hubby. he loves it too.
That and I watch Ugly Betty, and
Desperate Housewives.

I don’t watch the reality shows at all. I never could stand them.

I like a good comedy. I don’t like to watch the news.
I love HGTV.

We rarely watch live tv any more.
We use the TVO. Live recording and rewind.

you can tape the whole series and never be home when its on. Hubby really loves it, as he works evenings. So he can still watch his “”Ramond, etc.””

I do read lots of books. just about any thing I can pick up.

Paula,
Prayer and hugs to you. Hope your dad is well soon.

I don’t think I am brave enough to go to the prison at night. That is just about more than I could take.

I went to Curves today. Was back at 10 am. Walked 30 min. and Did 100 Crunches on the Ab Lounge. oh! is my tummy feeling that.
I also worked in our yard. I sprayed the Weed and feed. I Even did the front yard of the house next door. the owner (friend) has been trying to sell it for 2 yrs.

Nothing.
Can’t sell a house in this town.

Anyway. I thought it might help sell for him if the grass was actually green, not yellow.

later ladies have a wonderful evening

Old 05-09-2007, 08:09 PM   #94  

here is a pic of my Rodendrom and a hen and chick in my rock garden. More to come.

I found out how to make my pics small enough to use.

Paula
do you get the lake Flys? I think its time again. When the Rodo's bloom we get the lake flys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_0407.jpg (40.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 000_0395.jpg (27.8 KB, 17 views)
Old 05-10-2007, 08:41 AM   #95  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Happy Thursday!

Sigh of relief here...OSHA recommended us for the STAR rating (highest honors) so we did very well. Now I can relax.

Thanks for the ghost story, Theresa. Pretty strange. I haven't had anything like that happen to me.

Great Rhododendrin photo. I don't have any flowering bushes. They all seem to die on me. I still have lots of tulips in bloom and the neighbor's lilac bush extends into our backyard so I can enjoy them from our deck. I also usually go out in the country and find a lilac or two to cut floweres from. The Rochester Lilac Festival starts this weekend. It's the BIG EVENT here, parades, music, FOOD and lots of flowers. Supposed to be a nice weekend too.

We're going out to lunch today to celebrate our OSHA STAR. I may even have dessert. Hey, it's a celebration, right?

Lyn
Old 05-10-2007, 09:10 AM   #96  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Ella... Thanks but I already know how to do that. I thought you had two screens up side by side. Like for instance, I'd like to post my menu on the challenge thread but not have to write it down 1st. Can I open two screens and look at both on one screen?

Quote:
Well, Bobbi, to open another window, just click on "start" down in your left-hand corner, and then you can click on any program you want to open...it'll come up on your screen, but the one you've already got open will stay open. You'll see it down at the bottom of your screen, and you can click on it whenever you want to bring it up. Just click back & forth...and if you want to, you can open other windows as well, just by going back to start. You can even open a second internet connection if you want to. Hope that helps.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:52 AM   #97  

Bobby

Open two different pages. both seperate from the link on your tool bar at the bottom.

Then on each page,
click on the MIDDLE box at the right top corner of the page. Go to the side of each page. You will see an arrow. drag it to the side making it 1/2 the size.
Then drag each page to in a different direction, thus 2 open pages.

when you do this, you can adjust the pages to be side by side. 1/2 of the screen.

I don't know if this helped.
here is a pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (44.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 05-10-2007, 10:06 AM   #98  
Bobbi

Good Morning!
Paula... Thanks for the ghost story, it was so interesting and you sound so casual when you tell "Ronald" to quit messing around. Doesn't that scare you?
You're right about the Aspargus taking a couple of years before they produce tips but worth it.

Phyllis... What kind of dog do you have? I love dogs, any size, shape and color.

Lyn... Congrats on your all star ratings, and you all deserve a nice lunch. Easy on the carbs and sauces!

Rose... Yow man is our favorite too, we hope he wins the Survivor million. Who'd thought a skinny little older gentleman would last this long and it's a good thing all the challenges aren't about strength! I also love mysteries, John Grisham is my favorite, is the "Judge & Jury" like his novels?

JayJay... You had me intrigued about your rant about faking death, I checked out your general chat thread and read it. I'm so naive, I never even thought about doing some of the stuff those ladies posted about what other people do. I think only very insecure people do that. I've met one lady on another site that hasn't lost weight for years and swears she stays within her calories and faithfully exercises. She doesn't understand why she doesn't lose, duh!!!!!!! I love the 3FC's site and only have been offended by bossy "power hungry" people. Thankfully there are only a few!

Lynn... I like the original too. On the CSI miami, the red headed guy, (can't think of his name) irks me. He never looks anyone straight in the face, always has his face looking down. He's the reason I hate watching that show.

Theresa... Does the ghost scare your DH? I'm debating about telling you mine, it's not about ghost but an evil spirit.
Gotta go, catch ya later.
Bobbi
Old 05-10-2007, 10:14 AM   #99  

Bobby,
no it does not scare him. Just me

tell us yours!! Please!
Old 05-10-2007, 10:57 AM   #100  
Bobbi

Yipee!!!!!!!!!!! It works, thanks Theresa. I know how to post pictures but how did you get a picture of the two screens on the bottom of your post?
Old 05-10-2007, 12:00 PM   #101  

Bobby,
There is a key on the top of your keyboard. after the F12...
Print screen button

you open the screen or pages... what ever you want to copy.

Hold 2 keys at the same time.
print scr key and shift.

then go to the program PAINT.

At the top of paint go to EDIT...
CLICK PASTE.

the pic you took will appear like magic.

then save it to your desktop as a Jpeg.
use what ever software you have to open it.

then you can make it smaller in KB. and put on here.

I use Kodak and another freebie software program. Its called IrfanView.
it is very simple. Lets you make pictures different sizes. save them. etc.
no fancy stuff.

You can do anything that shows up on your monitor. even your desktop pic.
I don't know all computers, but this has always worked for me. good luck.
Let me know how it works.

http://www.irfanview.net/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (25.3 KB, 18 views)
Old 05-10-2007, 12:09 PM   #102  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Oh! Sorry I wasn't telling you anything you didn't already know, Bobbi!!! I am techno-challenged myself, so I'm not the best source of high-tech tips. Neat to have the pages up simultaneously, tho. Might try that sometime.

Way to GO, Lyn on the evaluation & rating! You deserve a nice lunch; just remember you also deserve to have a healthy & attractive body that you can feel good about. (Bet THAT put a damper on your dessert fantasies!!!! Sorry - couldn't resist sounding like a school marm or something).

Theresa - Interesting story!!! I MUST get my "all time bests" posted, and will, once I can get a little breathing space at work. DO share yours with us, Bobbi!!! This is so interesting! Oh Theresa...nice pics, too. I'm still working on getting some taken...

JoAnne - Hi to you, too, my over-the-border buddy!!! I used to be online a lot more than I am, now - right after my divorce - used to enjoy going into an AOL chatroom called "Metaphysics". Somebody in there faked their death, too. It was pretty weird. They had made up this whole life for themselves - said they were about 20 years younger than they actually were, claimed to be in medical school down in Maryland or someplace - got into an "online relationship" with a guy that used to be in the Meta chatroom all the time, and he apparently was head over heels in love, wanted them to meet...and she set up a meeting with him, but a few days before they were supposed to meet, she had somebody (herself, probably) go into the Metaphysics chatroom and announce that she'd been killed when her car was hit by a drunk driver. I forget how everybody eventually found her out, but they did, and it was quite a scandal. People who do that sort of thing don't, I think, have much of a life - not if they have to create one for themselves online, you know? Can't help but feel a little bit sorry for them - and the people they delude right along with themselves, of course.

Bobbi - Please DO share your "evil spirit" story with us.

Karen? I hope all is well with you. (Don't know whether you've started off on your trip or not).

Paula - interesting story. I really enjoy this group - you all have such interesting thoughts and experiences - and lives. I really look forward to each new posting.

Phyllis - yesterday we had YOUR weather here, I think. 94 degrees! Cooler today, and cooler still, they're saying for the weekend, but yesterday was TOO hot! (That's me...never happy no matter what the weather is!)

Gotta run...take care, all!

Ella
Old 05-10-2007, 12:12 PM   #103  
Lifetime Loser

test.........This was my Mainecoon who we had to put down in Jan....
His name was Simon, great cat.

Just trying this out Phyllis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCP_0002.jpg (21.9 KB, 24 views)
Old 05-10-2007, 01:49 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Everybody,
Gosh it has been a busy two days!! I've been trying to get things all ready and I "THINK" we are hoping to leave on Sunday for our vacation. There is supposed to be some severe thunderstorms coming in on Monday and if we can stay ahead of them that would be great!! If we don't finish getting the 5th wheel all ready and water tanks checked for leaks and filled in time to leave on Sunday then it looks like we will probably not be leaving until after the bad weather is passed.

Thanks to all of you for the compliments on our house. We really like it and I know after being gone from it for about a month we will be anxious to get back home.

It sounds like everybody is having really nice warm weather now. We are finally up in the mid 60's and 70's now so that makes me happy!!

We went and picked up a few things at the store this morning for snacks while we are traveling and I think I have just about everything we are going to need. But of course we always forget something.

I will try to get on the internet every time I have a connection so I can see how everyone is doing. I will have my laptop with me. So if you dont' hear from me everyday you know we are somewhere where I can't get service. Most of the state parks now are preparing to put in internet but not all. I'll post pictures along the way too.

Theresa, Your house is so pretty.. I don't think that I could really plant to much around here without the deer eating everything that I plant! You had mentioned how bad it must be to keep the 5 acres mowed-- we just take care of the area that we have fenced for a yard and the deer take care of the rest of it!! I had some geraniums out in pots last year and they had beautiful red flowers on them when I went to bed---- when we woke up the next morning the deer had jumped the fence to get to them and pruned them very nicely!!!

I hope everyone has a great day and I'll try to get back on later today and see what is going on. I hope to get caught up with all the posts and be able to answer you all soon.
Take care. Karen
Old 05-10-2007, 02:05 PM   #105  
Bobbi

This is going to make me sound ancient, but 35 years ago DH and I darn near divorced because of all the bickering we did at night. He’s a very light sleeper and doesn’t move at night where I’m a thrasher. I finally got sick of it and moved into the spare bedroom, our marriage was instantly healed and our sex life drastically improved. The reason I’m telling you this is because when this evil event happened, I was alone in a room with the door closed.
I woke up in the middle of the night to a very evil presence in my room, I didn’t hear anything or see anything. I quickly turned on the light to see what was going on. The room looked normal, I didn’t see any demons but definitely felt it. There was a very real presence of evil so heavy in the air and all I could think of doing was to start chanting, “leave this room in Jesus name“. I said it many times and finally what seemed forever it left. I was so shaken that I sat up in bed with the light on until early morning when the sun came up, then fell asleep. Bruce got up and went to work the next morning without me seeing him. That night for some reason I never told him what happened, I’m not sure why. Nothing out of the ordinary happened that night but Bruce came in and sat on my bed the next morning and told me the most extraordinary story of an evil sprit that visited him in the night. It was the same exact thing that happened to me the night before. It sure made believers that evil presence exists in this world. We have not had that experience since, once is enough. This is a true story and not a dream, it really happened to both of us. Just re-reading what I wrote doesn't sound very scary but I can vividly remember the evilness of it.

Bobbi
Closed Thread