Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-16-2018, 11:31 PM   #1  

Default Got some Scary Advice from Coach for Phase 3...ughh

Hi:

I am brand new on the forum today...hardest obstacle was deciphering the 6 characters so I could register LOL.

So I completed Phase 1 in 6 weeks, then Phase 2 in 2 weeks for a total of 8 weeks and 25# now missing off this frame.

But here is the rub...the folks taking me through this have never had anyone get to Phase 3 and my last visit to their office, said I only need to do Phase 3 for 2 days...not 2 weeks. I asked about that and they gave some story but I cannot recall what it was. Everything, I mean EVERYTHING I read says 2 weeks minimum or you risk blowing up all the prior work.

So here I am a few days into some awful sort of Phase 3 and I really did not get a good grasp on what I can eat for that newly introduced breakfast. So I am reading what they gave me but cannot tell if that is cases of this AND that I can eat, or is it this OR that I can eat. I had an IP complete vanilla drink meal and a banana today hoping that is sufficient.

I was looking at some of the sticky info, and it looks like I should be adding grains plus fruits plus fats, plus milk and other things for a breakfast. That sounds better than what I came up with...just not really sure and definitely not good at figuring out what I should be doing. The clinic pretty much said I did not have to come back. This just sounds wrong but maybe I am over thinking things?

Last edited by SpongePants; 06-16-2018 at 11:32 PM.
SpongePants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:27 AM   #2  
mjf

Quote:
But here is the rub...the folks taking me through this have never had anyone get to Phase 3
Are you saying it's a diet that almost everyone fails? Then what's the point? I suggest switching to a different diet.

Quote:
I had an IP complete vanilla drink meal and a banana today hoping that is sufficient.
That's a very unhealthy diet. You're not eating any vegetables or healthy fats, but you should be. If that's all you ate today, you're not getting nearly enough calories.

If you add grains to your diet, make sure they're whole grains.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi Spongepants. Welcome to 3FatChicks. I think if you post in the IdealProtein section you might get a reply from someone who knows a lot more about the plan than I do and should be able to understand and answer your questions. There are a few people currently posting there.

https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ide...tein-diet-236/

mjf, although I strongly agree with you about having proper nutrition in the diet, Ideal Protein is a plan that has the nutrients in their products. The shakes and packets get you away from eating the Standard American Diet. You start out using their products and change phases, gradually eliminating their shakes and packets and replacing them with real food, and in the end you have hopefully trained yourself to be eating a healthy low carb diet.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 06-17-2018 at 06:05 AM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:44 AM   #4  
mjf

I just googled ideal protein phase 3 and found this:

https://idealprotein.com/what-is-ideal-protein/
Quote:
Phase Three – Pre-stabilization
1 Ideal Protein foods per day
Breakfast: 8oz of whole protein
Lunch: 8oz of whole protein
Dinner: 8oz of whole protein
4 cups of select vegetables
Unlimited raw vegetables and lettuce
If SpongePants only ate a vanilla shake and a banana today, he's not following the IP diet, so I guess his coach gave him wrong information.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:38 AM   #5  

Hi Y'all...thanks for the replies. IN answer to one question, yes this diet does work and is working very well. What I meant also was that the clinic folks are new at it, and I am the first one across the line to Phase 3. I just do not think they have a good grasp on it. I have noticed that what they gave me for a list of approved things to eat on P3 seems different than other info I am getting. That aside, I cannot tell how much fat I can have in the morning meal...it just says I can have some. Below is what I came up with for a breakfast and thought I would run it by you all for thoughts:

1/2 banana
2 tsp cashew butter
1 pat organic salted butter
3/4 cup raw organic milk
2 Whole Wheat Flax Waffles

Total calories are just under 500 so am hoping this will work. I have done this for today and yesterday.

Prior day I had 5 scrambled eggs, scrambled in 2 tsp of grapeed oil, and with a sprinkle of cheese melted in.
Day before that (first day on P3) I was pretty unsure, and had an IP Complete Meal plus 1 whole banana, but did not feel that was enough standalone to qualify as a proper P3 Breakfast.

I honestly cannot be sure I am coming into P3 properly based on the literature I am reading.

Thanks!

Last edited by SpongePants; 06-18-2018 at 10:39 AM.
SpongePants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:18 PM   #6  
mjf

I think I misunderstood your first post. I thought you told what you ate the entire day, but it seems you were only talking about breakfast.

Quote:
1/2 banana
2 tsp cashew butter
1 pat organic salted butter
3/4 cup raw organic milk
2 Whole Wheat Flax Waffles
If this is just breakfast, I think it's ok. It's a little bit low in protein and high in carbs, but as long as your diet for the whole day is balanced, I don't think it's very important exactly when you eat each food. What do you eat for the other meals?