Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-20-2018, 09:56 AM   #1  

Default Stuck and Unhappy

Hi Everyone.
I'm new here.After seeing a photo of myself the other day I finally realised that I need to do something about my weight and my appearance.
I was always pretty slim and healthy up until around 6 years ago when I experienced a trauma (a death in the family). Since then I have been eating so badly and drinking way too much wine etc I do exercise regularly but that's not much good when I go home afterwards and eat rings round me.I do a dammed good workout at weekends but very little during the week.
I started a diet yesterday and I am planning on either going for either regular long walks in the evenings or else a workout at home.
I suppose what I need from this forum is support, motivation and if i'm honest, a serious kick up the backside every now and then.
I'm aged 40 (though i don't look it).I'm 5ft 7" and I weigh 12stone (168lbs). I should be 9st. That's 42lbs I need to loose. The part I think i'll struggle most with is that I will need to loose 28lbs before anyone would even notice any weight loss (including myself).
Anyway,i'm after having my healthy soup and some fruit for lunch and i'd better get back to work.
Thanks for reading this.

Geri
potato77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome Geri!

Maybe keep giving yourself smaller goals because I have learned when you look at the large number it can become daunting. You can keep your 42 lbs in your mind but maybe keep 5-8 lbs goals in the forefront? Something that you would think is doable without being stressed over.

Jump on in and find a group that keeps you motivated - I think we all benefit from others on the same journey -and all its ups and downs that come with it, I know I have benefited from the others here. Good luck to you!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:14 AM   #3  

Hi lemonthyme

Yes, when I think about 40lbs it is very daunting.It seems such a huge amount.I have found the "leaving the 160's" thread here, which seems like a good idea. It feels easier to think of it all in smaller units indeed.
It's only Day 3 and my diet is going good so far.I have also done exercise each day too. Today I am meeting a friend for dinner but i have already looked at the menu and i'm going to have the pork chops with fresh vegetables.I will also walk there and back, which is just over 7km altogether.
A lot of it is about making good decisions, which doesn't always come easy to me!!
Ok, thanks again
potato77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

Sending encouragement your way!! I don't know where the losing 28 pounds before anyone would notice comes from but at your weight and height people should notice long before 30 pounds.
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Potato: good for you on making your changes each day! Best way to take it, and your pork chops sound good. Keep up the good work.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote