Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-19-2018, 08:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/185/140

Height: 5'-4"

Default Super slow loser - looking for a weight loss buddy

Hi everyone! My name is Angie, and I'm back after lurking around 3FC way back in 2003. It's crazy how fast time flies!

I won't go into a lot of detail right now, but I have a chronic health condition called Mast Cell Activation Syndrome, which makes it extremely difficult to lose weight. Actually, when I was at my sickest, I lost weight really fast without trying. Now that I'm more stable, it's much more difficult. I'm grateful to be doing better now, but I still need to take off the extra pounds.

I managed to lose 15 pounds last year, and I'd like to lose another 30 this year. I'm currently about 185 pounds, so my one-year goal would be 155 pounds.

Calorie counting works for me, but I have to be motivated to do it. I'm hoping that having a weight loss buddy will provide the accountability I need to get going again. I realize that most people set much more aggressive weight-loss goals than mine, but hopefully motivation can still be a two-way street. Is anyone game?
never_quit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:142/127.8/120

Height: 5’ 4”

Hello Angie!
I have just registered to this forum and would love to be your weight loss buddy.
I was in a good place with my weight although at the time I wanted to be thinner.
In the past two years my meals /lifestyle have changed and I am now squishy and have gained 20 lbs.
I didn’t really make any “new year’s resolutions” but now that we are fully into 2018, I need to get back to my previous state. I hate that my clothing no longer fits or no longer feels comfortable.

I will be easing back into exercise but focusing more now on weekly meal plamning, daily strategy/mindset, and accountability. If I am hibernating or out at a social event- I need to stick to plan.

Nicole

Last edited by PandaCupcake; 01-25-2018 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Spelling
PandaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 05:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Height: 5-7.5

Thumbs up accountability buddies

accountability buddy needed?
Count me in!
I just joined this site today and I am thinking of starting nutrisystem. I need to drop my sedentary lifestyle.

I have been wanting an accountability buddy/weight loss buddy.

I tried to put more info about myself on my profile, but for whatever computer reason it didn’t show up. Will try again.

I’m 49, overweight, and in desperate need of regular exercise. My doctor fussed at me about my blood pressure and blood glucose. Okay. I’ve got to get it together. I just don’t feel I can do it all by myself. I’m so scared of failure.

Enough about all that. Just wanted to provide some info about myself so you can determine whether or not you think I might be a suitable accountability buddy.

Have a good day and wishing everyone the best!

Diana
Dianasp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:55 PM   #4  
Insta @xxtherealquinnxx

S/C/G: 256.4/251/155

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!
SantaClaritaDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/185/140

Height: 5'-4"

Nicole and Diana,

Thanks to both of you for offering to be my accountability buddy! I really appreciate it.

You both sound like great weight-loss buddies, but I've actually decided to take an alternate route for motivation. I found a website called Healthy Wage where you can actually place a "bet" on your weight-loss goal and win significant money if you achieve it. I just recently found out about it, and I really feel like this is a long-term way to keep up my motivation.

I just wanted to drop in to let you know that I've changed my plans...but the two of you are more than welcome to pair up as accountability buddies if you'd like.

Thanks again!

Angie
never_quit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:11 PM   #6  

Default Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by never_quit View Post
Nicole and Diana,

Thanks to both of you for offering to be my accountability buddy! I really appreciate it.

You both sound like great weight-loss buddies, but I've actually decided to take an alternate route for motivation. I found a website called Healthy Wage where you can actually place a "bet" on your weight-loss goal and win significant money if you achieve it. I just recently found out about it, and I really feel like this is a long-term way to keep up my motivation.

I just wanted to drop in to let you know that I've changed my plans...but the two of you are more than welcome to pair up as accountability buddies if you'd like.

Thanks again!

Angie

Glad you found something to assist you on your journey!

Best to you.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:15 PM   #7  

Default Accountability buddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaCupcake View Post
Hello Angie!
I have just registered to this forum and would love to be your weight loss buddy.
I was in a good place with my weight although at the time I wanted to be thinner.
In the past two years my meals /lifestyle have changed and I am now squishy and have gained 20 lbs.
I didn’t really make any “new year’s resolutions” but now that we are fully into 2018, I need to get back to my previous state. I hate that my clothing no longer fits or no longer feels comfortable.

I will be easing back into exercise but focusing more now on weekly meal plamning, daily strategy/mindset, and accountability. If I am hibernating or out at a social event- I need to stick to plan.

Nicole
Nicole, if you are still interested in an accountability buddy, I am.

Feel free to PM me if you like.
I have been working on a list of things I hope to achieve via buddy system.
1). Improved BMI and achieving goal weight.
2). Improving health.
3). Daily self-care regimen such as meditation and hot soaks with aromatherapy (my vice!)

Inspiration/mutual support on getting to the gym....yeah, that exercise thing again. LOL
Anyhoo, hit me up if you are interested.

Take care.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey I am in with you guys if you don't mind, being accountable really helps, looks like I have a lot more to lose than yinz, I have lost 60 lbs before by counting calories and doing "NRLW" but gained it back so I am back at it again.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:29 AM   #9  

Hi ladies. I sent you both a friend request. I was unable to send a private message; the option let me select contacts but not send a message; I don't have access. But maybe after the friend request is accepted it will allow me to send.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:09 PM   #10  

I made it to the 20 days so I now have access to the rest of the 3FC features like signature, private messages, etc
Old 02-17-2018, 06:18 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 159/132.4/125

Height: 5 foot 4 and 1/2 (164cm)

Hi Angie! I also need an accountability buddy! New on this site as well! Let's do it together! I have lost 10lbs so far but feeling my motivation wavering a bit with outings and whatnot. AI have another 24 lbs to go.
MelodicWarrior29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Melodicwarrier, Angie bailed in favor of something else but if you want you can join another group to help be accountable.

https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/wei...e-welcome.html
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote