Old 10-25-2005, 10:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/170/130

Height: 5'2

Default Question about weight loss website

Hello everyone
I would like to create my own weight loss journey web site. I believe if I have to take my picture once a week or so and post it for the whole world to see, that's pretty good motivation to stick to a healthy plan. I have no idea where to start, so if anyone has knowledge of where to begin, please let me know! Thank you so much.
JazzyNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:58 AM   #2  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Hi, Jazzy! If you take a look at Howie's website , you'll see it is in the form of a blog (weblog, an online diary). He links to a page in our gallery containing weight loss photos. Is that the kind of thing you're wanting to do?

If so, http://blogger.com and http://livejournal.com are great places to start out. If you're interested in having your own website with its own domain and such, but aren't sure how to go about that, PM me and I'd be glad to point you in a few directions. Howie's and my sites were both designed by our web host, who does awesome work. We use MovableType for our blogging - it's on our own websites, so we don't use a third party like Blogger or Livejournal.

Kimberley
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 01:44 AM   #3  

***********.com is a weightloss blog site. I discovered it through someone's signature on here and I'm really liking it.
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 01:52 AM   #4  
Howie6267's Honey

Only thing about ***********.com is that they are an offshoot of phentermine.com -- maybe not such a good alliance?

http://***********.com/about.htm
Old 10-26-2005, 02:03 AM   #5  

Yeah but you don't have to use their product in order to use their site for free.
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 02:13 AM   #6  
Howie6267's Honey

True, and it is neat seeing all those weightloss blogs in one place! Hopefully they don't inundate their users with weightloss drug spam and pop-up junk. It is cool to see the blogs together like that, though.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

If you are wanting just a website you can try www.geocities.com. They have a simple way to design web pages. Although I haven't updated mine in ages here's what it looks like.
http://www.geocities.com/barbygirl43/bulge.html
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 10:35 AM   #8  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

I'm happy with Blogger, but LiveJournal seems great also. I know I get a lot of traffic at blogger, and I love my blogger pals!

(Yes, I know how dorky I sounded just then.)
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 227/170/130

Height: 5'2

Awesome! Thanks for the insight and later this evening when I have more time I will check it out. I got a digital camera for graduation, and I have yet to figure it out, much less download the program onto my computer. Since I don't know how to do it, I tend to put it off. But I will get it done and I will share my pictures. Having to account to everyone else I know will help me!
JazzyNurse is offline   Reply With Quote