Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 09:45 AM   #1  

Default Lets support each other on our weightloss journey again...

Greetings! Glad you found the new thread! The other one was getting far too long!

This thread started about a year and a half ago. Several of us have been posting together since then, and many others have joined in. The support I’ve found here has definitely helped with my dropping 75# and staying on track.

This is the first time I’ve started a new thread when the other was getting so long. Usually, it’s Linda that takes that task. Linda – We miss you! Hope you come back to visit soon! Hope things are getting in order for you and your family!

Well, I’m starting the new challenge today. I’m wearing the patch. I’m gonna give up the smoking. And, not gain an ounce in the process. You guys have to help me stay on track and stay sane! Actually, it might help the weightloss since I plan to distract myself by spending more time at the gym.

Sweet2th – Glad the events are helping you lose! Just hope you don’t make up for the lack of food afterwards! I’m afraid that’s what I would do. “Oh, well. I haven’t eaten all day. I can have anything!” Urgh. But, I’m sure you have it under control.

Dawny – Get your butt in here and talk to us!! You haven’t reported in a while on how the maintenance is going!

Tracy – The pancakes were yummy! Maybe you could have them with a smidgen of sugar-free syrup? I add a tbsp of peanut butter to mine. Um, for the protein, yeah, that’s why.

I’ll check back later to see who else has found the board!

Ooooo... I just saw the new smilies!! They are soooo cute. Gotta use them all!

Last edited by Emerald; 10-25-2005 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:11 PM   #2  

Default found it!

It was gettin' a bit long!
Old 10-25-2005, 06:02 PM   #3  

I'm here!!!! LOL... this carrot cracks me up . Well all of the halloween smileys do lol.

I haven't had pancakes yet. But I will one day. The sugar free syrups aren't that bad actually. Honey tastes good on pancakes to! But I don't have them very often at all.... so it shouldn't hurt.

Last edited by TMunday; 10-26-2005 at 12:05 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 10-25-2005, 06:34 PM   #4  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Thank God there si a new thread. I was getting tired of getting to the end of the last one

I have been Off Plan again all week!! Tomorrow is a new day. I am getting really frustrated with myself. Even with the hubby. I have lost 15.4 pounds (may have put back on a couple) but hubby doesn't see any gone. I don't know what he thinks but I believe he wants to wake up tomorrow and I will have all the weight off and be 120 pounds. He needs a good smack in the head . He not being the best for my diet lately either. He want to snack at night all the time and eat bad foods. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Anyway I needed to vent so thank you for listening.

TTYL and have a good night.

Kim
Old 10-26-2005, 07:57 AM   #5  

Hi there, glad I found you!

Sorry Melanie, I have been absent for a few days. I'm not doing so well, I have to admit. I got on the scales at the weekend. I have to admit, I've been avoiding them for a while. I gained about 4 pounds I think. Ok, so maybe not the end of the world. But I can really feel those 4 pounds. so, I need to get my act together and sort myself out - otherwise, that little black dress will never fit for the Christmas parties!

So, plan of action.
1. Start journalling again - properly, not missing off the stuff I want to hide.

2. Stop eating like a pig.

3. Stop eating the same stuff I ate pre-WW (well, it did cause me to join in the first place!)

4. Increase water intake again - its dropped off loads, don't know why, as I miss it!

5. Stop telling myself that tomorrow will be a better day to start, I know full well that there's no better day than today to do it!

6. Get to next weeks WW meeting. By hook or by crook, I'm determined to go.

Ok, so there's the plan. I'll go and dig out my journal right now and get started.

Back later. Take care all.
Ps, I miss Linda too!
Old 10-26-2005, 08:53 AM   #6  

Hey, thanks for saying you missed me! I stopped back in for a chat and found the new thread ok. Thanks for starting it, Melanie.
Firstly, there are several new people I dont know here and I welcome you and want to get to know you, can you review your status for me a bit so I can know you. I just can't make time to read back through all the posts I missed and find out more about you.
Well.... here goes. Dad died on 9/15. I've been wallowing in self pity and indulging in comfort food. I've not filled out a journal since three weeks before he died. I'm hanging my head in shame, but it's time to get back to work guys. I'm here and I will try hard to post here and be back on program.
Gulp... I weighed myself this morning, it was up to 160. What a disaster. I did get on the treadmill yesterday at least and it was the first day in a long time that I didn't have either pie or ice cream. So, maybe I am finally coming back to my senses?
We had dad's "Celebration of Life" on Saturday and it was a food-fest as well as greatly comforting to have family and friends surrounding us. It's over, I guess. Time to pick up the pieces and move on for me.
I still am grieving, I'm still a mess lots of the time, but I recognize I can't continue like this. I split the seam on a pair of pants last night, that was the ultimate eye opener that made me get out my journal and write down what I ate this morning.
I'm about ready to head to the treadmill with a big drink of water.
I'm serious, I'm back. I want to know how everything is going with you all.
So sorry I've been absent for this long. It's been a long and nasty roller coaster ride.
But, you guys are the BEST and inspirational, I'm here to learn, listen and help!
Linda, back on track maybe??????
Old 10-26-2005, 09:15 AM   #7  

Default today is my weigh in day.....

10 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm wicked psyched!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 09:34 AM   #8  

Well I couldn't wait and I peeked lol. My weigh in is tomorrow (Thursday) at between 6 and 6:30 in the morning before coffee and food, and after going to the bathroom lol. I have to make sure my body is empty hahaha. I couldn't wait till tomorrow. TOM came the other day so I have been nerves about this! So I just jumped on the scale.... a couple hours after waking up and drinking and everything and I am the same as last week!! Not bad lol. I feel bloated so I thought it might hurt the scales read out. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

I really think that eating all of the points WW gives is the way to go! I was one that went without eating all of the time. I don't think I ate all of my points before. I can't remember for sure... it has been awhile. They gave me 24 target points. But I stay around 29 total points (target, flex, and activity when I have them) everyday. That seems to be a really good number for me at this point.

I guess it helps that I have to eat so many times a day or else I end up feeling sick! I am sure that has something to do with prediabetes. My doc did say to eat several small meals a day. I think eating thru out the day has made a big difference.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:54 AM   #9  

(sigh) Last week was a BAD week for me. I fell into a pitty party. I used the seriousness of the cat bite as my 1st excuse. Then, I had a weekend conference, and while there was no one holding a gun to my head, FORCING me to eat 3 ( ) pieces of cake ... (ugh) ... let's just say this:

Yesterday, started my new WW week. I want to be back on plan.

As far as the new thread goes, I would rather it start everyweek. (I think the original post in the other thread actually suggested that).

Thanks for letting me "confess". I'm disgusted for my behavior this last week (obviously, NOT to the point that actually I stopped my self...)

Karen
Old 10-26-2005, 12:01 PM   #10  

Oh, as far as what I like on my pancakes, I like Log Cabin (Lite, 1/4 c = 35 cal)

Also, applesauce is really good, too.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:04 PM   #11  

Hi again,
Linda, just want to see that you are back in WW land again! Me too, hopefully!
Hope you are starting to feel a bit more 'with it'.
Take care,
Old 10-26-2005, 12:10 PM   #12  

Karen,

Keep your chin up. We are only human, we make mistakes. But at least we have the chance to make a difference and know that we need to make a change, and we do it! Don't get down on your self to much. Just know to work a little harder for awhile to get yourself back on track. Better to fall off the wagon and get back on, then to fall off and stay down for good. You can do it!!! I know you can! Hey if I can do it.. you can do it with me and everyone else here! We are rootin (sp?) for ya!!

As for the log cabin syrup... yes it is yummy. But do you by chance no the sugar and carb content in it? I have (need) to watch my sugar intake due to diabetes.

Last edited by TMunday; 10-26-2005 at 12:11 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 10-26-2005, 02:43 PM   #13  

Hi again! Two posts in one day... I must be back, right? I've journalled and am so far on track for today. Tracy, are you really a diabetic or in a "pre" diabetes state? Just wondering if having a good weight loss and a healthy diet would keep you from being a full blown diebetic? Due to high points, when I do indulge in pancakes or a frozen waffle, I have sugar free syrup as well. I can't recall the brand, but it's not Log Cabin but I like it. I just couldn't waste points on syrup, with so few points in a day using up a few on something like that would not be a good thing where I am concerned.
Dawny, hope you too can be "back". Sounds like a typical lifetime goal weight person's struggle. When you lose all the weight, the old habits are something that is quite the temptation. It's realy easy to be good when you are trying to reach goal, but when you are at goal and have been maintaining for awhile, bad habits slip back. I learned the hard way, I hope I can help you not go to where I have been.
Tell me about the Turkey Day Challenge... maybe I can do something like that.
Karen, no one knows more about pity parties than I do, believe me I have had a two month long one going on now. I have to get back to the reality of life and realize that I do not want to be where I am with my weight. I'd like to be happier with myself and more comfortable in my clothes.
I can do this, I've done it before and will do it again I guess.
Linda, back and determined
Old 10-26-2005, 03:06 PM   #14  

By the way, why not come back more powerful with an avatar and tracker change?
I found that grapefruit and it represents eating THIN to me!
Linda
Old 10-26-2005, 03:44 PM   #15  
Eat well, Live well

Hi, I've been reading this thread lots, and haven't posted anything for a while. I am into my last 10 pounds to go, and am frustrated by being on a plateau for 3 weeks. WI is tomorrow, and I don't think I'm down any...AGAIN. I think I know why...I'm not exercising as much. It's been cold and rainy, and I am lacking motivation.

All this talk of pancakes...making me hungry!

I am looking forward to my salad tonight, I came up with a recipe just to suit a new salad dressing that I found a couple of months ago. It's a blueberry-poppyseed vinagrette, which I found at a blueberry farm and country store near my town. It has red-leaf lettuce, radicchio, cucumber, red and green peppers, strawberries, grapes, and mandarins. YUM. No problem meeting the 5-colour challenge in this meal! The fruit and the dressing make this salad about 3 points. I'll be serving this beside halibut in a LF parmesan coating.
Closed Thread