Old 10-24-2005, 11:06 AM   #1  

Default Week At A Time Challenge #18 - Please Join Us!

The object of this thread is to take on at least one challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s), and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage. If you would like to stretch yourself, take on more than one challenge.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 12:22 PM   #2  

Hi! Everybody, Hope everything is well and good with everyone. I could not post many times at challenge no 17 and I dont know what happened between mscat816 and whoever but mscat816 you are really nice person please carry on your work of motivating us and carrying on the thread important thing is to respect eachother feelings here if I have hurt anybodys feelings I am truly sorry I really want to be here I get lot of motivation and feel accountability here.
my weeks goals of exs are met I am happy about that but I also put on a pound I was not careful in snacking.........
my weekly gain is a pound but this week I will try to loose 2 pounds........

sandybhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:52 PM   #3  
Cynical RedHead

Hi everyone!

I had to think about this week's challenge for a little while. I have decided that this week I will do my push-ups every day and also get at least 30 minutes of activity every day.

Also, no Halloween candy! I have already decided to work late next monday, because if i am at home, i will feel compelled to have candy for the neighborhood kids, which i will then eat So if i'm not at home, i won't feel bad about not having candy for them!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 02:50 PM   #4  

Hi Mscat.

I read your post about the tiff, and I must say I found the attack on you quite distressing and unmerited, as you know. Let's hope that's the end of it, and if anyone else has an issue with the quality of the welcome they're getting they deal with it privately and directly and not through pity-posts on another thread. (Oops. Breaking my own rule there...) Anyway, I think you know how much I value your warm and inclusive thread.

So then why haven't I been posting or challenging or doing much of anything but lying around stuffing my face? I guess I've just been in a funk, and I'm trying to climb out. I do lurk (a lot), but of course that doesn't contribute anything. I'm not down for the count yet. As an excuse, my sore nose is getting a little old, but it does still bother me, with stitches half in-half out, and scabs deep inside, and worst of all, a left nostril that still seems blocked despite it all. Grrrr. I've also been dealing with the resurfacing of post-divorce stress and all the self-doubt and insecurity that involved. Not to mention constant carb cravings. I'll be back home tonight, and really do plan to be back on track starting tomorrow. This week's challenge, starting tomorrow: no more pity-parties, and no more (sniff) wine.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:44 PM   #5  
One day at a time

yay I get to join in this week! ok lets see.. my goal will be at least 30 minutes of exercise a day, stick to my meal plan everyday and drink at least 5 bottles of water a day.

Today I stuck to my meal plan and I even avoided the halloween candy.. Trick or treat is Wednesday and I can't wait to get rid of it! LOL

I did 30 minutes of activity today. My husband and I had to fix our roof so we had to lug the ladder and I was running around like a mad man getting things for him. I think I worked more then I would in normal workout lol

And as for water.. I've had 6 bottles today so I am definitely clear with that challenge! YAY!!

I really hope this is a good week for all of us! Good luck girls!
TamLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:19 PM   #6  

Default Evening Ladies!

It's Monday and time for us to state our new challenges for the week if you have not already. I am exercising a min. of 5 days a week, drink 64 oz of water a day and track my points daily on WW. Working on tracking and I have had 32 oz of water thus far.

TamLynne - great goals this week!

Bonnie back - and thanks for your kind words of support. You know how much I appreciate you on this thread. I am stuck on the same plateau as I was when I started this thread - it seems as though I keep gaining and losing the same 7 lbs. The lowest I have been since I started with 3fc is 219. It seems so far away but I know it is totally possible. I just have to be consistent. I am challenging myself this week and I know that will make the difference. Is there something you believe with make a difference for you? Just curious.

Carla - Thanks to you too. I am so sorry to hear your "nose job" is causing you fits. I am praying for recovery and comfort soon so you can get back on track. Hang in there.

Our winners from last week for making daily challenges are:

Sandy

Stacy

me

and our grand leader FishWoman with 6 days of goals met! And passing the bar to boot!!!

Have a great evening ladies!

mscat
Old 10-24-2005, 11:30 PM   #7  

Default Sad Note!

Just wanted to share with you all - my grandmother was moved into a hospice last week but took a turn today and was given last rights. I am trying to find a reasonable flight to Houston to be with my Mom and family this weekend.

mscat
Old 10-25-2005, 04:55 AM   #8  

mscat

glad that you shared with all of us.

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope that you find a reasonable flight to be with your Mom and family this weekend.

Sincerly,

Casper
Casper5AXTSU76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 07:33 AM   #9  

Mscat, sorry to hear about your gran. Have you tried asking for a compassionate or breavement fare? When my brother was on his way out, Northwest (do they still exist?) needed to know which hospital he was in, but gave me a much reduced fare to get to N.O.in a hurry.

My challenge this week: no wine, and tracking on Fitday (did I mention I hate tracking?), and no more whining about the nose which is recovering normally.

Two pounds up from that little free-for-all - time to get serious. (In fact if I didn't need to post before work, I'd be on that Gazelle right now. Really. I would. I'm sure I would...)
Old 10-25-2005, 11:05 AM   #10  

Post Hi Bonnie!

Your welcome! Thanks for yours! Won't be offended! Understand. I agree, let's just put it behind us and go forward from now on. Thanks for the congrats on my loss of 1 pound! I hope that I have more success too! Hoping I have a great day too! You do the same!

Casper
Old 10-25-2005, 11:46 AM   #11  

Hi! everybody,mscat816 sorry to hear about your Gran hope you get a resonable ticket to be with your family and God gives you strength to bear with it.
It seems my weight loss has taken a vacation I am trying hard not to do unnecessary snacking in the evening have to put more effort into it. I have to loose 2 pounds this weeks challenge and drink water. I am doing 60 mts exs daily but I think I am eating more than burning.My sweet tooth too has errupted too ........
Today I started on TAEBO and did my regular abs exs. Thats all for now girls.
c u all later.....
sandybhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:42 PM   #12  
Cynical RedHead

I completed day 1 by doing a 45-minute "Crunch Pilates" dvd at home last night, I also did my pushups (10).

Mscat - so sorry about your grandmother. I hope you will be able to spend some time with her.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:50 PM   #13  

Mornin' Ladies -

Cheers to our Monday leaders . . .
Bonnie for completing your exercise goal. Thank you for your prayers.

TamLynne you did a great job on your goals yesterday!

Sandy - Thanks for your kind words - you have nothing to worry about - you have been a delightful addition to our thread. No ruffled feathers that I am aware of. Let us know what action goals you are setting to lose those 2 lbs to you this week.

Fishwoman - everytime I think of pushups I think of Demi Moore in GI Jane. Hmmm - I want to take on pushups too. How many can you do? I can only do about 2 of the regular ones But I can 30 of the girlie ones. You've inspired me - I am adding 30 push ups to my exercise routine every day this week starting today. See what you started? Perhaps if I get a GI Jane poster - it will help motivate me even more???

Carla - we are here for you - you have been dealing with a lot of stuff and not just up the nose! Weight loss is challenging enough in itself without the emotional rollercoaster of all the drama in your life. No pity - just loving support. We will stand with you as you step into new possibilties for yourself and no wine! Thanks for the tip - will check into the bereavement fares.

TTFN -
mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
Old 10-26-2005, 12:50 AM   #14  

Today I surprised myself: no wine, over 13,000 steps walked, 20 min on my Gazelle (10 min a.m. no resistance, 10 min evening with the resistance on. For some reason I can't get the HRM to work...) Also no self-pity, and I had an extra-long break at lunch so went for a pedicure instead of making a of myself! My dark brown toenails are just the cat's pyjamas. I've decided against Fitday after all - I'd forgotten that it's rather annoying if you happen to be one of the people (like me) whose diet doesn't fit their food list. And for me to use it means I have to obsess about food more than I want to.

Hi to Bonnie and Casper and Fish and Sandy and Tamlynn and of course our beloved Cat. I have a hunch that this will be a weight loss week for all of us! Especially those of us (not to mention any names) who have once again climbed back out of Onederland . I don't think I'll be bragging about onederland again unless I'm safely on the slim side of 190. This is the second time I've had to move the ticker back up to the danger zone... Not that I didn't enjoy almost every bite/sip, but in retrospect it really wasn't worth it.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:00 AM   #15  

Hi mscat,

I was inspired today and I have 2 new challeges for this week: 10 push-ups and 15 situps daily. Today, "yesterday," I met this goal. Also I drank water all day long - lots of it. I plan, starting tomorrow to get back OP with my SlimFast daily recipes and tracking. Calorie intake still is 1300.

Casper