Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-24-2005, 09:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/280/200

Height: 5'4

Default I failed today

I failed today. I ate way more then i should....i dont know whats wrong wiht me i just keep sabatoging my diet. Today i ate Mcdonalds for lunch, then a cookie, then we ate dinner which was turkey, stuffing and noodles adn then i had a donut and some pistachios.......i am so totally disappointed in myself right now i just want to cry :'(
wiltedflower19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:55 PM   #2  

Question your normal

hey girl. you need to remember one very important thing........it is very normal for you to have a day like today. wake up tomorrow, and start fresh. walk an extra 10 minutes if that will help make your guilt go away. not one person can go every day without a little indulgence! the key is to have a bite, or 2, and you did good by only having 1 cookie instead of 6 (like i used to do). right?

hey, can you tell me how you use your sliding scale on here, how do you change the amounts to see the loss?
kuchiegrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:00 PM   #3  

don't sweat it, that's just one day. you can turn it around. next time just eat 1/2 the donut and throw the rest in the trash... if i have a craving for something bad, that's what i have to do. it's wasteful, but it keeps me from eating too much junk! otherwise, if the rest is in the fridge or whatever, i will just go after it again. it's unrealistic to not eat those things at all but once in a while, and just a little isn't such a big deal?
pioneerprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:48 PM   #4  

Hugs to you... weightloss is such a complex journey. I know that I struggle - I have more success when I look at the emotional reason behind my eating... a strong mental day = a good eating and exercising day for me.... I used to really beat myself up for the bad days, but now I figure that it took 30 years to reach this weight and a load of crappy eating days... so as long as those crappy days get less and less then I am making improvements...

Maybe write down all of your feelings that led you to eating and you can reread how eating badly made you feel the next time you have a similar mood... be kind to yourself
Marianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

wiltedflower -- hey! no crying for one bad day! as the others said, think about
a) that you failed today. It's only one day
b) how you did better than you might have in the past and
b) how you can do better in the future. There's lots of great ideas in these forums.

we're not going to be perfect, so we have to learn how to improve.

Okay, I admit, there was supposed to be a better time analogy there ,but it's late and I just don't have it in me!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 03:01 AM   #6  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I agree with what everyone here is saying. It was only one day, no big deal in the grand scheme of things. Just pick yourself up and dust yourself off and try, try again.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:56 AM   #7  

Today is a new day and as such, you are going to makenew, better choices and be proud of yourself again.
Having an off day is normal and happens to all of us so don'tbe too hard on yourself.

The same happened to me last night...I made the mistake of buying a big bag of m'ms and I ended up making a big dent in it but like I said, I view today as a new day and I'll try again.

Good luck on getting healthy.
ellasmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:24 AM   #8  

Yep, it happens. It doesn't mean you have failed, though. You made poor food choices - that's it. Look at this as learning opportunity. Try and figure out why you ate the way you did. Were you especially hungry? Were you tired? Did you not plan enough for the day? Decide how you will manage the same situation in the future.

Once you lose the weight you want very little is going to change if you intend to keep the weight off. So, a day in the journey is a drop in the bucket. None of us is going to eat perfectly every single day for the rest of our lives. That is why management is the key. NOW is the time to let go of the guilt and move on.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:28 AM   #9  
Keep on going!

S/C/G: 278.3/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

If i cut out anything from my diet ill just crave it more and end up eating more. So eat that treat if its what you really want. Like someone mentioned above, eat half of it if your one to feel really guilty afterwards (like myself). You can eat anything as long as you fit it into your daily calories. ( i watch what i eat , but dont personally add calories) .... Yesterday I had a pretty high caloric dessert, but gave half of it to someone else, and so i ate my treat slowly and still felt great afterwards

hang in there! one day definitely wont hurt your diet
alsten02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:45 PM   #10  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

One day off-plan will only effect your overall weight loss journey if you let it.

You ate that food. Done. Begin again.

Look at it as a test: "Can I go off-plan for one day and then get back on track?" Think of it as practice for the day when you have a wedding to go to, or some other food-heavy future event where you'll want to give yourself permission to be off-plan.

You stumbled, but you did not fall!
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:36 PM   #11  

As Sandi (Jacobsmommy) says, view each day (or each meal even) as a new opportunity to get it right. What else can we do, you know? So you messed up, you've done it before and you will do it again, we all will. We are human and inherently flawed, so why bother beating yourself up over something that's over and done with? Of course, beating yourself up over it is completely natural too, but I digress. Use this as a learning opportunity to make yourself more aware of what triggers you in the first place, and then move on, as it's not worth the time and energy it takes to live in the guilt when there's still so much more rewarding work to be done. Good luck and chin up, you're gonna be just fine!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:44 PM   #12  
Sandra

S/C/G: 230/195.0/145

Height: 5'4"

I've been in the same place as you are right now a few times. I beat myself up, I did cry. Then I put on my sneakers and went for an extra walk to help combat the extra food. We all have bad days, don't let it ruin your long term goal. Get right back on track and make better choices today. You can do it!!
OneLastTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:25 PM   #13  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

I know what your feeling like and I know it feels bad. I had to come to a understanding with myself that . I know I cant handle going to Mickey Ds and I cant handle buying candy or chips because I have no will power. I dont even buy it to have just one small piece.. Im not capable of restraining myself so I dont buy it. I treat it like someone would treat a drug addiction item. I avoid it at all means. Some people have that kind of will power. I know I dont. We have had these slip ups we understand. But if you know these items are not good for you and that you will eat them then I would make it a habbit to try avoid them like they were dangerous to you because actually they are. Your on a heathly lifestyle and those items are not included in that life style. Try diffrent approaches that will help you and work for you.
Some people can contend that Mickey Ds might have some healthy choices. But most of their menu doesnt. The last time I was in one was to only use their restroom and I could smell the grease and it made me sick.
I dont see how anyone would want to go there other than use their restroom. But again if you have the will power and you know that you can resist the rest of their menu and still eat there then thats fine.
Personally I cant so I dont even bother.
Learn from this exsperiance and make changes that will help you get to where you want to be in this life, because you only have one life and you want to make these changes to enjoy the rest of it.
Good Luck and Keep your head high your worth it.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote