Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-23-2005, 04:21 PM   #1  

Smile New Member here

Hi everyone! I wasn't sure if this was the right place to introduce myself.

I started curves in January of this year at a weight of 260. I've so far lost 15 pounds and 24 inches.

Recently I've been watching my diet as well as exercise. I've been somewhat following the zone plan because I think it helps to keep my blood sugar stable. I've also been counting my calories at fit day.

I try to keep under 1600 calories a day. Do you all think this is a good goal for me? Recently I've been strugling a lot. Hopefully this site will help me with support and motivation!

Valerie
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 07:25 PM   #2  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome and congrats on the 15 lbs/24 inches. That is great!!!
There is tons of info on this forum...as well as a lot of helpful chicks.

As to whether 1600 calories is good for you - it might be a little low to start with... you might want to go a little higher so that you can cut back when you hit a plateau. It's also a good idea to mix it up a little so that your body doesn't get in too much of a routine. As in 1400 one day and 1800 the next.

There is a calorie counters forum here if you want to check out what others have to say.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 09:30 PM   #3  

Default Welcome Valerie

Hi Valerie

First of all congrats on your loss so far...that's great, keep it up.

I find that reading the posts and replying also helps me stay accountable and also gives me encouragement.

With everyone being different I think that the amount of calories you limit yourself to depends on if you are losing when sticking to a certain amount of calories. I know for myself that I lose better when I stay between 1300 and 1500 a day. If I go under 1300 the loss is slower. Maybe the best thing to do is play with it and see what works best for you.

Having tried ALL diet programs possible I incorporate a mixture of all...low fat, low carbs, and lowered calories. This seems to work for me and is something I can stick to and make it a lifestyle. Having type 2 diabetes and PCOS made it difficult for me in the past but I think I have it down now.

Anytime you need some encouragement or just need to vent, please feel free. There is nothing better than having people to talk to that really know what you are going through.

Meecha
meecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 10:17 PM   #4  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

OMG (((((VAL))))))!!!

Yes its me Dee! This world seems to get smaller and smaller every day! I wondered if I'd ever run into anyone I knew here. VAl, this is a wonderful site. I also use posting and reading posts to hold myself accountable, if only to myself. I make pledges here that, once I see them in print, I feel obligated to follow thru with them. It really helps! I've also gotten some awesome tips, recipes, ideas, and just plain old pats on the back from people here. Good for you at Curves Val. I really wish I had a Curves around here. Anyways... I'll be catching you on line sometime I hope. WOW!!! (((((Val)))))) Love ya Sister!
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:46 PM   #5  

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Dee especially great to see you here! What a small net!

I just did my weekly weigh in and I was down 3.5 pounds for last week!
Old 10-24-2005, 04:57 PM   #6  

Default Right on Val.....

Good for you Valerie....3.5 lbs is an excellent loss. Feels really good to see the numbers go down doesn't it?
Monday is uaually my weigh in also but I did some cheating last weekend and don't want to get on the scale. Nothing too major but I don't want to get discouraged if I gained or remained the same. Back on track and raring to go....
Keep up the hard work...as you can see it is paying off!

Check in again tomorrow.....

Meecha
Old 10-24-2005, 05:03 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meecha
Good for you Valerie....3.5 lbs is an excellent loss. Feels really good to see the numbers go down doesn't it?
Monday is uaually my weigh in also but I did some cheating last weekend and don't want to get on the scale. Nothing too major but I don't want to get discouraged if I gained or remained the same. Back on track and raring to go....
Keep up the hard work...as you can see it is paying off!

Check in again tomorrow.....

Meecha
It really does feel great! and being new to dieting I'm still amazed that I'm loosing. After being overweight for so long I didn't think I could do it.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:39 PM   #8  

Default Hi everyone

It is amazing Valerie what you can accomplish if you put your mind to something. Losing wieght is NOT easy but you are doing a terrific job so far...keep it up!!!! It's all a matter of staying positive even when you are feeling a bit down and finding the right eating lifestyle that works for YOU. Having the support and understanding from others who know what you are going through helps a lot also.

Wish you continued success on your journey to a better you.

Meecha
Old 10-30-2005, 10:48 PM   #9  
Opulent

Welcome! This place is great and you already have friends here
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:15 PM   #10  

Default Hello

Hi Yogini

I just finished reading the thread you started and feel your frustration to getting replies sometimes...I hope you are getting better responses now...
I know for me the postings and feedback really help me stay motivated and it can be dissapointing when you dont get that feedback. No matter how someone is changing their lifestyle we are all here with the same goals in mind and that is to lose weight and to maintain a healthier way of being. It shouldnt be about whether you eat meat or dont eat meat, eat carbs or dont etc...its about understanding what others like ourselves are going through and being there for them when they need someone. Skinny people who have never been overweight just dont understand. So with that said if you ever need a shoulder or just to vent or report the good things happening to you I am here.

Meecha