Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 05:19 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Default Weight Loss and Chit Chat #148

WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies site.

We're a friendly group of women that provides support in our weight loss journey.

We also share the ups and downs of our daily lives.
Please come join us!!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 10-20-2005 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:35 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Totally exhausted trying to change the thread number!! Don't know how some of you have the patience to do it. Anyway - damage is done and I am going to take a nap!
Old 10-21-2005, 09:30 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies!

Susan - thank you for changing the thread, missy. It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it, lol.

Mary Kate - oh, your story about the Japanese businessmen was too funny. Once, for Mary's 10th birthday, we gave her and several friends a pool party sleepover at a very nice local hotel. The next morning, we had breakfast in the hotel restaurant and when we sang "Happy Birthday" to her, all the businessmen at a nearby table interrupted their meeting to stand and sing with us. How cool that was for her! Btw, hope your spider was an orphan with no siblings, lol.

Katy - hope you do well with the silent auction. They usually are good moneymakers. When my kids were in school, they were always bringing home stuff to sell. It got to be so often that I quit asking family to buy, and just bought the stuff myself, lol. Bet the wreaths are nice.

Cristi - since your restaurant points books are several years old, you might want to see if Dottie's has new info. They try to keep current. Have to say I haven't checked it out for a few months, though. I just love how lots of places have lightened their recipes, and how they offer some (fairly) nutritious foods since "Supersize Me" came out, lol. At least I don't have to take fruit with me like I did before, to McDonald's with the DGDs.

Started working on the The Alice in Wonderland dress last night and saw that it is lined - oh joy! Plus, since the bodice is fitted, it has darts coming up from the waist, front and back. Counting the lining, I did all 8 of those last night after I got it all cut out. Hope to get it all the way done this weekend.

Today I'm going to the dentist. Just for my 6 month check-up. It's his birthday, so I got him a card. The front of it says, You're not getting old.... and the inside says... ****, you were old last year! LOL I know him well enough to get by with this, tee hee.

Have a great day, ladies!!
Old 10-21-2005, 10:34 AM   #4  
a work in progress

Good morning!

Once again, I only get virtual coffee -- Tim still hasn't gotten a thermos, and I'm not going to make a whole pot for myself...guess it's Starbucks again today, grande non-fat vanilla latte, only 2 pumps of vanilla, please.

Susan, yay to you for starting a new thread! I have no clue how to do that, so when it gets up to 46+ posts, I just approach timidly, afraid if I post one more it will all collapse like a house of cards!

Jane, it's lined?? With darts????? Oh, my heart goes out to you! I haven't sewed for so long, and was never that advanced a seamstress anyway. My mom used to make a lot of my clothes when I was in Kindergarten through about 3rd grade. My sisters and I never appreciated it, we wanted store bought clothes like everyone else, but she was very good at it, and looking back at old family pics, they were really nice clothes.

Cristi, I've noticed too that even the WW books contradict each other. I have a Fast Food Companion from a few years ago, and Tim has the one we got when we just joined this year, and some of the point values are different. Some are a bit lower, some are a bit higher. I think it has to do with how fiber content is counted now, at least in some cases. At any rate, I compare a few sites on the web, compare the two WW books (giving the newer book a little more authority), and if I'm still not sure, I'll look to see if there is nutrition info on that company's website. I did that for Chipotle, which we love, but the points values couldn't be found anywhere. They actually have a "make your own meal" nutrition info on their site, and you can add and subtract ingredients until you are comfortable with the cal/fiber/fat content.

Oh, shoot...still gotta shower and that clock keeps inching forward...hi to all the rest of you ladies, and hope you have a great day!

Hugs,
Mary Kate
Old 10-21-2005, 12:25 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

I'm back with good news - I'm getting broadband next Tuesday!!!! : I won't really believe it until it's all installed and the guy is gone, lol. Btw, if you count the pole, it's 325.00 cheaper than the other place. Woo Hoo!!

Mary Kate - here's some coffee for you, hon. The darts aren't really too hard, but they sure are time-consuming! Lining is a bear, no other way to describe it, lol. Btw, no need to worry when the thread count gets high. The worst that can happen is that your post won't be accepted because Marti or me might be in the process of closing the old thread. If that does ever happen, just hit the back button so you can copy and paste to the new thread. I promise nothing will collapse.

Gotta run - just wanted to share my good news.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:04 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile T.g.i.f.

Hello ladies

Don't really have much to say but wanted to check in and say Hi.

Jane~not really worried about the books because I am not following WW. If I do decide to I will just get all new stuff by joining. Right now I am just trying to be conscious of what I eat, portion size.

Katiecat~when I do WW I just go with the higher points value that way I don't feel like I am cheating myself. I would rather be high than low and think I could eat more when I actually shouldn't have been. About Chipotle...I am glad you mentioned them because we have two that just opened up here and boy is that stuff goooood! I haven't had it often because of not knowing any calories and such.

Susan~you did a fine job starting the new thread! Thinking I need a nap...got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and it is chilly!

Anyway, as I said not much going on. Busy weekend ahead so I will wish you all a very good one.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:35 PM   #7  
a work in progress

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I am so glad...thought the day would never end. What a relief to be home!

Just popped in to say hi

Weigh in tomorrow, last week I was up .3 lbs Shouldn't be too shocked because I was really down and ate things I shouldn't have, including margaritas and Mexican food last Friday night! After two margaritas, I'm like, "sure, bring on the cheese enchiladas", no willpower left at all. So hopefully, this week will be better...

Cristi, Chipotle's nutrition calculator is on Chipotlefan.com, not on Chipotle's website, but it looks pretty complete. We usually have a carnitas burrito bowl with no rice, beans, or sour cream (basically lettuce, cheese, carnitas, and tomato salsa) and it's 9 pts. The black bean version (with no carnitas) would only be 5 pts. Next time I might ask for 1/2 carnitas and 1/2 black beans and call it 7 pts

Jane, whoo hoo for broadband!!! I love our cable internet...zoom zoom...

Oh man, I am so wired on caffeine. I ordered a Venti nonfat latte (2 pumps of vanilla) at Starbucks, and they made it iced by mistake, and the girl says, "oh well, I don't want to throw it away, you can have the iced one, too, no charge". Didn't want to waste it, and it WAS non-fat, so I drank the hot one, then the iced one, then finished off my Diet Dr. Pepper...then came home and Tim made me an Irish Coffee... Hope I can sleep tonight!

OK, Noah is here now, so I need to get dinner started...see you ladies soon!
Old 10-22-2005, 12:44 AM   #8  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

So Katie is buzzing ...
I once asked what the pumpkin spice latte tasted like and she made me a grande at no charge...I was shocked. I drink the same as you,,,grande non fat latte vanilla. Except today the HR girls went for a SB run and brought me back one but they had sugar free vanilla bean syrop. Its full of aspertame,,,which I get sick on. I gave it to my supervisor and she was almost kissing my feet...ya a lil brown nosing goes along way...lol
I have to tell you I ate pierogies last night for dinner,,,I was dashing into the house and Brandon was cookind dinner..told him I didn't have time to eat,,,was just getting changed..came down the stairs and he had a rubber maid tv tray ready for me,,ahh how sweet,,,i am raising a good husband for some woman out there. Anyways driving to theatre,,,wolfing down the food,,,since I didn't eat most of my lunch i was pretty hungry,,(had planned to eat the rest at rehearsal) anyways eating a nice hot dinner beats it all. So after scarfing down 6 pierogies,,,I got to the rehearsal and had a few minutes,,,checked my tracker and found out that pierogies are BAD! thought 1 per 1 points,,,nope,,,2 pierogies per 7 points,,I ate 6! thats 21 points! *gasp Breathing heavy,,I had other plans for them bonus points and it had nothing to do with 6 pierogies!
Jane,,GREAT NEWS! broadband ! yay! so by Wed you will be around here more often...
I have to make curtains for this play,,stressing since its been about 10 yrs since I did any real sewing.

Cristi,,,what you are doing is correct,,,portion sizing is half the battle. Stay away from the man made stuff as much as possible is good too.

well not much happening here. Went to watch football with Becky and her second son and Tanner...they are friends too. Hilarous to watch them...lol Anyways Becky's son is like this fantastic football player...he is in grade 11 and huge! We almost froze...brrr my face is still burning from beening out there so long. I can feel my butt finally...lol
Well i have a Susan Elizabeth Phillips book...wasting some points on a glass of wine.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:45 AM   #9  
RosieKate

Good morning!
Well, I blew some points on wine and a burrito last night....kids made caramel apples and I was trying really hard not to put my face in the caramel....oh well, good thing today is another day! I am going to get a good hike in this morning to compensate (somewhat)

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Old 10-22-2005, 10:28 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

A bright and cheery good morning to you!

Cristi - well, whatever you're doing, it sure is working well. You've been a great inspiration to us all lately.

Mary Kate - lol, hope you're down from your caffeine high by now. I found a really good magazine at Walmart yesterday. It Healthy Eating by Good Housekeeping, a special issue. There's a picture of Autumn Stew on the front. Anyway, it has 100+ easy recipes, and some of them sound really good, and good for you. Each one has the nutritional info which we need to convert to points. Good luck at weigh in today!

Angie - what's that brown stuff on your nose, lol. Jk!! Thank goodness for extra points, right, for the pierogies. The flexibility of WW makes it doable. Yes, after Tuesday, I'll actually ba able to turn signatures and avatars back on.

Katy - have fun on your hike today.

I woke up at 4:30 today, and couldn't get back to sleep, so I got 2 pots of vegetable soup made for tomorrow's dinner. One for us and one for Mary's family. DS's kids don't like it, so that's why I didn't make them any. I'm going to make WW raspberry fluff pie for dessert.

Can't stay on here too long since I need to work on the dress more. Sheesh, I'll be glad when this project is done. I'm going to hem it before I actually gather the skirt and attach it to the bodice. Since it's so full, it will be much easier to hem that way.

Have a good weekend, ladies!
Old 10-22-2005, 01:34 PM   #11  
One day at a time

Smile

Hello Ladies and a Happy Saturday!

Well, thought I was going to be busy this weekend... well, I still will be busy just with other things. At the last minute yesterday V was told they would be working the weekend so sticking around the house. DD did make it to the park to get in a walk. That always feels good...starting the day off with a 3-mile walk. Hoping I can still get them in next weekend. Not sure if that is what Josh would want to do considering all the walking and running he's done in the past months. But I would like to get in 2 days, maybe Friday and Monday. We'll see what happens.

Angie~at least you had those extra points! I've not ever had a pierogie so don't know what I am missing. But you have me curious. And you are right about the Kaboom! That stuff is stinky! Decided to tackle the bathrooms today! Yuck! I did open the window first before starting. I actually don't think it is as bad as Tilex though. Tilex has a really strong bleach smell and burns my eyes. This has a strong smell but not sure what it is. I was able to get on my knees and stick my head in the shower and it not bother me. Just bothered me when I first sprayed it. A good book sounds like a good idea today. I had started a book a few months ago and just picked it up again the last two nights so maybe when I finish with things I will sit down and really get into it.

Katiecat~I go for the chicken burrito with pinto beans, rice and cheese and man are those things good! But they make them so stinking big I never finish a whole one. I will have to check out the site though. I am curious to see the breakdown of one. May make me not ever get another! Guess I'm the only one who isn't a coffee drinker. I love the smell of it but can't stomach the taste for some reason. Hope you have a good weigh in today!

Katy~the caramel apples sound so good! You ladies are making my mouth drool with all this talk of food! I meant to mention that I noticed your ticker a while back and you have come a long way with your weight loss! to you. You are almost there! Hope you have a nice hike.

Jane~vegetable soup sounds yummy too! And it is the perfect weather for it. It was cool this morning so I went for my walk a little bit later than usual, but it is perfect soup weather. The raspberry pie sounds good also. I attribute the weight loss to the walking because I really am not eating any differently. I am eating the same things and cut back just a little, try to fill up on water while eating and at dinner time I have a full bottle while I am cooking. Water is my new best friend now, even though I still hate the taste.

Hi to every one else, Marti, Sue, Connie, Janet, Susan, Terri, Mindee, Anita, and anyone I missed.

Speaking of Mindee...how are you doing girly? Can't remeber but was thinking the baby was due this month. Have you had it yet? Are you out there lurking? Stop by when you can and let us know what's up.

Well, I guess I best be going for now. Have a lot of things I want to get done today. Have laundry to do, take down the valance in my bathroom, finish up my bathroom and do the rest and tackle my closet. I may do the other bathrooms tomorrow after my walk and focus on my closet and bathroom today. Also, need to clean the rugs in the bathrooms so, a very busy day today. Want to be done by 3 or 4 so I can relax before having to cook dinner. Think we are doing chicken today, with what I am not sure yet. Not sure why everytime before we get ready to go on a trip I get in a cleaning mood.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 10-22-2005 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:07 PM   #12  
One day at a time

Back again for a few...

Katiecat~jeez louise!!! Just checked out the site and OMG!!! I am glad to see that I don't actually eat a whole burrito! That is almost a whole days worth of calories! YIKES! But I am glad to know what the calories are so next time I am tempted to get one I will DEFINITELY only eat 1/2! But they are good and that is a nifty little site. I would have to say Matt was pretty bored to do it but smart.

Also, forgot to mention...a new magazine I bought at Target yesterday. Has anyone heard of or seen Looking Good Now!? Think it was Jane that mentioned a magazine and reminded me of it. Anyway, I am going to send off for a subscription. It is along the lines of WW but I think maybe a little better, I like the lay-out better. It has a lot of good stuff, recipes, Fast Food, not points but calories, fat, sodium, etc. of course the fast food in there was KFC! Seems we were talking about that a few days ago. LOL Anyway, thought I would mention it as there is a lot of good reading in it.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:56 PM   #13  
a work in progress

Happy Saturday

Down 2.6 this week, so I lost the .3 I gained last week, and still heading in the right direction *whew* It's actually only 19.8 lbs, not 20 as the tracker shows...but next week I want my 20 lb sticker from my WW leader!

We had breakfast burritos this morning: 2 low fat tortillas (4 pts), 1 egg + 1 egg white, scrambled with nonstick spray (2 pts), 2 Tbsp low fat Mexican style shredded cheese (1 pt) and 1 slice turkey bacon, fried crisp and crumbled -- 8 pts, not too bad. I made a small batch of 0 point veggie soup yesterday, and homemade cream of tomato soup with non-fat evaporated milk, so that will be lunch today. I am dying for chocolate and just found a non-fat brownie recipe I might try today.

RosieKate, be careful about the alcohol/Mexican food combination...it's a killer...remember me and my two-margaritas-bring-on-the-melted cheese-and two-more-margaritas! Naw, I'm sure your hike today will more than make up for it

Jane, the GH magazine sounds like a good one. I just picked up Best of Cooking Light Everyday Favorites. I subscribe to their magazine, and really love the recipes...always looking for new ideas and I love to cook.

Angie, what play are you making curtains for? Watch out for those pierogis. Were they the frozen heat-'em-up kind? If you really love them, I bet there is a WW friendly recipe somewhere out there.

Cristi, yep that site is definitely educational! But, like I said, I can go to Chipotle and get a good meal for 5-9 pts, and that's not too bad at all. And it's sooooooo yummy...

OK, house is a disaster, I've put it off long enough...hi to everybody else, talk to you soon...

Hugs,
Mary Kate
Old 10-22-2005, 08:19 PM   #14  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hey all,
What a day! It was pure shopping,,,sounds like I do alot of shopping eh?..lol I DO! There was a new store opening adn the cleaning supplies were so cheap I took my chances with the mass of people. I love them javex wipes..and at 1.99 each thats cheap.
Then did some grocery shopping at Safeway,,,chicken and stuff I saw was on sale.
Went to Micheals for some fake bread. And then a white elastic headband for one of the princes..he had to have his eyes covered in a bloody bandage.
Katie, Im doing Into The Woods...cool play. This one is the adult version.
Just need to stop at Ikea since I saw a sale there for a stool. Jack in the Beanstalk needs a milking stool.
I stopped at Linen and Things,,Im in love with a duvet cover..well no,,its a quilt,,,I wish it was a duvet cover.

Cristi, I would take the strong smell of bleach over that Kaboom. I spray it,,,close the curtain then scrub everything then scrub the shower down then spray it with water,,,this is all within 5 minutes,,,I come back later to clean mirrors and floors. Im almost out of the bottle and won't be replacing it. Just don't like that smell. Think Im going to stick to Tilex and Oxy.

Well Monte and I are going for dinner,,,Applebees. Yum!
Old 10-23-2005, 11:31 AM   #15  
One day at a time

Smile

A good Sunday morning to everyone!

It is definitely going to be a beautiful day today, cold but BEAUTIFUL! Went to the park to get a walk in and had to leave. OMG! I didn't think it was so cold and with the wind blowing my face couldn't take it. Did a 1/2 mile which is sad but it was just oo cold. The bank said it was 36! Brrrrrr So will finish off my walk on the treadmill.

Did I mention that the Extreme Makeover Home edition people were in town, in Rose Hill where we lived before moving here. The show will air Dec, 2 I think. Was tempted to go see Ty and Martina McBride but didn't. They started on this family's home last Sunday I think, maybe Monday. Anyway, Martina was there to sing on Tuesday...should have gone then. The are wrapping things up today and unveiling the house. Anyway, this family was on vacation visiting family I think in MO and while they were gone their house/trailer exploded. Think it was the propane tank, That would be horrible though, to be on vacation and find out your home exploded. There was nothing left of it, or nothing standing. It literally blew to pieces, just horrible. So this is a blessing. Some woman wrote the show and told their story and the rest is history. They went from a 2 bedroom, 800 sq. ft. trailer to a 3000 plus sq. ft. home. It is BEAUTIFUL!! They did an awesome job with the house, and landscaping. Even built a huge pond in front of it. They have been showing the progress on the news and in the paper. Of course now instead of taking into consideration the family's income and their lifestyle and how they are going to afford this house they built this massive, beautiful home that will triple the taxes. They are estimating the value of the home between $200,000-$350,000 and they are going by the outside of it, not anything inside. But anyway, what a nice surprise they will come home to today. They have been away at Disneyland or Disneyworld compliments of the show.

Anyway, going to finish up what I didn't get to yesterday and do some reading. Just got on the computer to get the College Footbal scores for Josh, almost forgot. But they had some late games last night. Can't believe of all the things he would ask for he asked for that. But he does love his College football. And need to make a schedule for Ernie so Carrie & Jason know when he usually goes out and is feed. I am the one who usually does all that so...don't want the dog to go hungry. And thought I would stop by and say HI.

Angie~I've never tried Oxy, might have to give it a try next time. But for now the Kaboom is fine with me. It got the job done, and even Vince commented on how clean the bathroom was. That makes it all worth it! LOL The tilex makes my eyes water and I get that smell in my mouth and nose and it stays for a while. Does the oxy have a bleachy smell? Aren't you just the shopping queen! LOL Sounds like you had a ball though. Hope you had a nice dinner.

MaryKate~ on your loss!! You are doing GREAT! So close to the big 20 lbs. gone! Do you use the wheat tortillas? If you haven't I would give them a try-they are good! I buy both the white and wheat because the kids like the white ones. But they are both 98% fat-free. Also, have you checked into any of the WW cookbooks? They have some good ones. I don't count points but I still use them. I bought one at Wal-Mart and the other through the mail through the WW magazine. I think I am supposed to get one a month or every other month...something like that. Probably should find out because I haven't gotten one lately.

Anyway, Hi to everyone else. Hope you are enjoying your Sunday. Need to get going and get something done. Have a nice day ladies.
Closed Thread