Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 10-18-2005, 02:33 PM   #1  
MrsSandysHouse.com

S/C/G: 212.5/212.5/130ish

Height: 5'7

Default Enough is Enough!

Hey Everybody~Man I've missed you guys. As for me, I'm STILL ...well...FAT! I want to be fit but something keeps me from doing it!! I want to be healthy and lean but why do I hold myself back? Am I not strong-minded enough? I keep telling myself that I can't start because I don't have this or that particular machine! And forget the gym! I'm not about to step my fat butt in there!

I can't tell you how humiliating it is to walk outside my front door and see all of my new, fit neighbors (just moved here) knwoing they're thinking how and why is she so large? I try to use my personality to make up the difference but I end up putting my foot in my mouth so I say the **** with it and just saty inside now.

I am becoming more and more an indoor person and hate myself!! God, I know soon my grandma is going to die and I won't even go see her at the assisted living home because she always says "how she doesn't recognize me"!! God forbit her funeral...everybody will be there! Can't wait to hear those comments!

I was supose to be a super model.....that was my dream! Now I'm disgusting!!!

What can I do to get the heart-rate up? I have weights and a ball but nothing for cardio. We can't afford one right now since we moved into the new house and it's too dark in the mornings to walk outside.

Please ...... Any suggestions? Surely weight-training alone won't make you lose the weight.

Thanks for listening to my rant!
SupaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 02:48 PM   #2  

Do you have a playstation?? I bought Dance Dance Revolution and use it sometimes. Now that fall is here I am back to walking. But Dance Dance is fun and does get your heartrate up. I know it's difficult when you think everyone is either talking about you or thinking those things, and maybe they are. But if they are so what? That's what I can finally tell myself. You are a lot smaller than me at this point, but I have finally come to a place where I can love myself enough to not care what others think or say. They are the ones with the problem if they can't see that you are out there trying to better yourself. Love yourself enough to do it for yourself. Loving yourself, I think, will make you more successful too. And certainly, don't let it keep you from the ones you love, or doing things you love to do. Keep trying. I am 51 years old and I'll bet there isn't another person out there who hasn't tried any longer or any harder than I have. But now I think I can do it simply because I care about me and what I think. We all have some area of our lives that need work, they can work on theirs and I will work on mine. God bless you in your efforts.
LuzenLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 03:00 PM   #3  
Official U2 Addict

LuzenLady, that's a GREAT suggestion! I have DDR myself at home, it's a dance and workout-orientated videogame with good music too! The workout mode even lets you select how many calories you wish to burn. It's awesome! There was a kid my age in the news who lost 75 pounds using DDR and proper diet.

And Sandy, dont feel alone- I have the same problem. We just need to get motivated!!
VertigoHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 03:06 PM   #4  
MrsSandysHouse.com

Thanks Guys! I think I'm going to try Tae Bo. The cardio version.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/139/140

Do you have a vcr? If you do, I will gladly donate to you the original TaeBo tapes and I believe I might have a Walk Away the Pounds tape also.
Darl2541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:46 AM   #6  
MrsSandysHouse.com

Yes, I do. Check your PM's.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:29 AM   #7  

How old are you? Well if you aren't 89....then I would say that you definatley have time to work on your body. Someone that does'nt know you would look at your orginal post and think that you consider you life over. Make a goal like going on vacation 6 months from now to make most of your goal.

The one piece of advice that I can give you is not to be impatient. That is the killer of all fitness and diet programs. People get impatient and think the damage will undo it self in a month. Not saying that you are that type of person, but I know that I have to mentally trick myself into being patient to reach my goal. Just chill out and go about this in a steady fashion, and you will reach your goal in no time.

One thing that is a lifesaver for me is Oxygen Magazine. I looooooove this mag. Those fitness models are like superstars to me. I look up to them and they mentally help motivate me.

One last thing, I have learned over the years not to stess my self out about losing weight, I just take it one day at a time. Remember at everyworkout to try your hardest. When you do that, you know that you have done everything you can to put yourself one more step closer to your goal.
Determined Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 01:49 PM   #8  
MrsSandysHouse.com

You are exactly right! I am so impatient! I want it now! You know, I have been really stressing out lately over how I can fit in my cardio/workout time and last night my DH says to me, " Why don't you just walk for 30 minutes each day during the daycare kids' nap time and I'll be here to watch the kids for you (of course, they'll be asleep). I think that I should take baby stpes and start with the walking. Once I prove to myself that I can stick with it, then I will move on into weight training.

I don't know why I didn't ever think of the noon-time walk to begin with!
Old 10-21-2005, 01:58 PM   #9  

exactly. gotta start somewhere right? Believe me, once you get that in, after a while you will start to feel like you can jog it!
Determined Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 02:13 PM   #10  
MrsSandysHouse.com

Now that's what I'm talking about!
Old 11-16-2005, 12:32 PM   #11  
I choose

Quote:
Surely weight-training alone won't make you lose the weight.
It absolutely will. Whenever I drop cardio and focus strictly on weight training, I lose fat and dress sizes much faster.
ShannonM is offline   Reply With Quote