Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2001, 10:56 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default quickie Q

look its the girl whos been afk
anyway i ahd dinner with a friend of mine friday night and she told me that for drinking water she makes iced tea no sugar or anything when shes at work
she uses caffienated tea I wondered if that would count as water?
Old 08-26-2001, 01:28 PM   #2  
Canadian Chick

If its caffienated it can't count as water because caffiene is a diuretic which means that it causes you to use up your water, essentially dehydrating you. Have you ever noticed how after caffiene intake most people end up in the bathroom a few times? Its because it draws the water out, ltches on to it and forces it through one way or another. A good rule is for every cup of caffiene injested, you ahould replace two cups of water. Sounds like a lot I know but that's how bad it is. Hope helps answer your q.

Have a super day I am! I weighed in and I lost 2lbs this week Here's to two more this week

Rina
Old 08-26-2001, 01:29 PM   #3  
Canadian Chick

What does afk mean? I still haven't figured out all of these abbreviations.
Old 08-26-2001, 02:18 PM   #4  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi Rina! I don't know that abbreviation either ... Kierie (where have you been?!) - help us out!

It's so quiet here at the mo, isn't it? I've been MIA for a while - mixture of not really being OP (ok, not being OP at all ) and being away from home a lot (Spain, Greece, it's a hard life!). But, got back Thursday morning and Blokey and I have both recommitted ... WI Tuesday am. Eeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Kierie, I'm with Rina on the caffeine. Can't drink tea as a replacement for water BUT have you tried iced herbal teas? Like peppermint? Those are caffeine free, yummy AND you can have them instead of water. WOO HOO!!!

hugs,
Lxxx
Old 08-26-2001, 02:23 PM   #5  
Canadian Chick

Lolly,

Good luck getting back on the program. Its a hard road but we can do it I always have mixed emotions about weighing in. It can set the tone for the way I feel the rest of the day. I know that's probably not the healthiest thing. Like right now b/c I had a loss I'm all hyped up and ready to go! If it was the other way, I'd be a ll bummed and want some chocolate.

I love the iced Peppermint tea! Its so refreshing

Anyway chat you up later

Rina
Old 08-26-2001, 03:10 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

OK FOR STARTERS sorry caps
afk means away from keyboard
translation i spend too much time with the puter
I think i will try the iced peppermint crystal light makes me binge and i'd really like an alternative
I've not been Op at all for the alst 2 weeks
so i think since this is my last week my only concern is gonna be drinking water or substitutes for water
All i'm doing lately is errands
luckily the ultrasound was clean no cysts found then i ran out and got beyond drenched on the way home
I'm attempting to attach a pic if it doesnt work i'll try to resize and attach tommorrow
Love
Kier
Closed Thread