Old 10-20-2005, 04:49 PM   #1  
pregos

Height: 5'10

Default LA lites

Hello Ladies,

I just had a questions about the LA lites. I told a councelor today that I might not buy them after I ran out of the boxes I bought in bulk b/c they are too expensive. She went on to say that I will lose wieght 30% slower if I don't use the bars. The thing is I have been lying about eating two bars a day. Sometimes I don't eat any and sometimes just one. I am in my third week at LA weight loss and have done well. I told her what someone posted about the Luna bars and she didn't like the idea. I was also wondering if anyone knew how my diet (food I am allowed) would change if I didn't buy them. I am on the red diet. Any thoughts would be appriciated.
glasgow314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 05:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Brandy,

I only do the one la lite per day. They think I'm doing 2 a day, but I can't afford that and frankly I don't know where I'd fit it in. This is more food than I ever ate before the program! I just tell them I buy them on ebay - they can't prove you don't - they want you to eat both, of course, to make extra $$$$ - they work on a commission. I've lost 15 pounds in 30 days so having one bar a day never hurt my plan either and I'm 50 years old with OA and don't exercise AT ALL.

There is some sort of guarantee that they cover you if you don't lose the weight, but that's WITH eating the two bars a day - that's why I just tell them I am -

I'm on the red plan also -
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 05:29 PM   #3  

I don't think that any sales person would like to hear that they would loose their commission and you would get the same results with something cheaper, so keep that in mind. Karen lost without any lites, so it can be done. Also my other thought would be to just not tell them, say you got them off e-bay.

I really wonder where that number came from, I would ask for it in writing next time, because at my old center i know they useto make up some of the stuff they said. Once they told me that their supplements are the only ones that can work with the diet, because other supplements aren't made for "healthy living" and one also said that they could actually feel the cellulite go away with the pills.

but you are doing great, just substitute for something similar like Luna bars, or ask about the plan with the more food, and if you don't like that go back to the lunas...work your plan to fit your needs.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 05:31 PM   #4  

the gaurantee also is based on you never going off program. I found that out the day i fought them over my 6" corn tortilla and they said that that would be looked it when i say I didn't reach 2lbs a week, they only gaurantee when "you can be committed"
Old 10-20-2005, 05:31 PM   #5  

I have been on the program for about 10 weeks and have lost 27.8 lbs. I have never eaten the Lites except the free ones they gave me. I eat the Luna bars. One or two a day-depends on how hungry I am. I just write in my journal "Bar" and tell them I get the Lites off of the Internet. They did not like that but tough! I do not take any supplements either. So, that makes about 3 lbs a week without all of THEIR STUFF. I refuse to give them the money for the high priced items they have.
emmabenmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:02 PM   #6  

I have lost 34 lbs w/o EVER eating their bars except the free ones in the beginning - I was also told my weight loss would be MUCH slower w/o the lites. I'm averaging 1.8 lbs a week!

The bars are a rip-off and their BS about them being some sort of magic bar just makes me crazy.
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:45 PM   #7  
pregos

Height: 5'10

Thanks for the info!! Does anyone know how the plan will change if I tell them that I am not going to eat the bars.
glasgow314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:15 PM   #8  

Okay I saw that this was LA weightloss topic and yeah.. I havent done LA weight loss but I had a chance to because a lady I nannied for worked as a manager for them.. I personally think how it's set up is unhealthy.. and she used to tell me that they didnt care if people lost weight the only thing that they really looked at was how high their sales were going... I spend quiet a bit of time in their center and always felt icky when there.. but that's me personally and that was all a little off topic... the real static as far as the la lites is they only really help you lose about 5-7% faster than if without them... I've seen the papers they sent on how to sell em and yeah.. they say if you even do just 1/2 a day you'll do pretty well...
TwistedangelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:17 PM   #9  

Glascow
I would like to let you know that I have never eaten the bars, since i am alergic to eggs, they told me that I could not even have the free box. I am loosing at a pace of 1.8 / week. The way they told me to do the red plan is to just eat all your food and cross out the lites in the book. They never told me to eat more or anything. After reading everyone's notes, I don't think the lites are that big of a deal! Hope this helps, other wise I WI tomorrow and I can ask!!
klk3404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:26 PM   #10  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Emmabenmom- your stats are AWESOME!!! Thats an amazing loss in 10 weeks!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 11:08 PM   #11  

I'm glad the LA prog is working for you guys... my old boss was def kinda jerk.. so yanno...
TwistedangelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:04 AM   #12  

how many calories and fat do the la light have? i can't afford to buy them.
janmkay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:20 AM   #13  

their are lots of different lites (soups, bars, drinks) so there isn't one answer to that.

If you can't buy them, you can ask to have your plan changed to a "all food" plan or you can replace the bars with a similar bar. the bar that is most like the LA lite bars are the luna bars.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:32 AM   #14  

I can't believe you are able to do LAWL without bars. It was presented to me as a necessity and I paid UPFRONT $1000 for enough Lites for 34 weeks.
Only by reading here have I found out it was not absolutely necessary. Do I feel like I have been "Taken"....You bet!!

Rosie
Roses4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 02:16 PM   #15  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Yeah, some centers are that way.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote