Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2001, 08:43 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default WEEK of AUGUST 26th!!!!

I confused everyone last week with the July start!!!Poor BFB, tired and a wild party trying to follow behind my messed up thread start last week!!!!

BFB-Get some sleep!!!I was watching London on the news this AM about all of the surveillance cameras in the city...I tried to spot U but never did!!!!Hope U R catching up on the sleep!!!!

Baily-How is the journaling comming along?????

Tech-Sending U job finding luck your way!!!!!

Jul--How do I access the site with the pictures???I am soo computer illiterate it is funny I found a husband here!!!!

BIG LOSERS
BFB-2.5lbs!!!
Jul-1 lb!!!
Rabbit-1.6lbs!!!!

Elisa-Happy late Birthday and Anniversary!!!!!

Well, off to swim all day again at my brothers(with my 50 sunblock lotion!!!!)...It is soo much fun and never feels like excercise!!!!
Have a great Sunday all!!!
Think "COOL" for those in the hot parts of the world!!!!
Vicki

Last edited by RoadRunner; 08-26-2001 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-26-2001, 10:27 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I'm having a great satisfying weekend for once!! Yesterday I cleaned my apartment all morning/early afternoon. My aunt came up from central Jersey on her way to a friend's house and saw the place. She hasn't seen it since before we got married and moved everything in! She liked what we've done. I was pretty much OP Friday and Saturday!! I was under Friday and over just a little Saturday. Today I will try to be OP also! We have a Baptism to go to at 1:15, and a reception afterwards at an Italian restaurant! If it's anything like the first child's Baptism, I will need to be careful, because it was a buffet.

I feel very happy with myself, because I have a clean apartment...except for the bedrooms which is where everything got shoved for now! And I am planning! I think I just always thought it was hard, or too much trouble to plan, but the past couple days, it's been easy! I took some chicken out of the freezer yesterday and I will marinate that for dinner tommorrow night with some squash/zucchini, and maybe some potatoes.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!! I have to go jump in the shower and go get a present...I can't believe we forgot to get a present!!
Old 08-26-2001, 01:07 PM   #3  

Vicki: I'm with you , I know just enough about this computer to make problems. All I can tell you is to type in http://www.frugal-moms.com and then look for the discussion boards, go to chit chat (pretty far down the list on the main discussion page) and look for that title "I met julsave".

Lauren: Have a great time at the reception. I just bought the cutest little boy overall outfit at Target yesterday for a new baby. I forgot to tell Kenneth that the neighbors had a baby and he thought I was trying to tell him something about me when he found the outfit on the dining room table this morning. Opps!

- jul
Old 08-26-2001, 02:30 PM   #4  

HI ALL!

I was confused about which week to post on!

I'm at 9 days OP! I am being so careful.

Pryia - yeah for you on your 40 minute walk. Thanks for the comments about ds. Yes, I think it gets easier with time. Hooray for OP! Hope ds gets a great teacher. I posted on the mileage thread.

RR - have fun swimming!

BFB - hope you were able to get some rest.

Lauren - enjoy the baptism.

gotta run

RABBIT

*NO EXCUSES*
Old 08-26-2001, 09:03 PM   #5  

Sorry to confuse ya'll with the dates!!!I guess brilliant minds think alike BFB??????
Had a great time swimming--worn out by the kids swimming back and forth racing, pulling etc...
We grilled food and had a nice OP cookout!!!!My brother is a food freak about calories and fat soo I had nothing to worry about....
Off to bed..I love to go to bed and watch Jacka** on MTV!!!!The only time I watch TV!!!
Have a great SUnday!!!
RR
Jul-Great pics!!!What is the price of the little angels in the back???????
Old 08-26-2001, 09:27 PM   #6  
Pink Thingy

Default The really tragic thing is....

...that I didn't even notice that the month was wrong in the weekly thread of last week and I surely did not notice when I started the thread this week. July, August, it's all the same I must have been dazed and confused and wanting to conform and not buck the trend. Maybe we were all trying to backdate so that we could all meet our LD goals

Well the weather here is not nice, but the ducks must be enjoying it. It has rained all day and I do feel a bit sorry for those who went to the Notting Hill Carnival, because this Bank Holiday weekend was supposed to be hot, hot, hot. I have never been to Carnival and have no desire, I like feeling space around me far tooo much.

RR - they seem to be installing CCTV and speed cameras everywhere. All the speed cameras make you do is slow down when you approach (guilty) and then speed up.
Bailey - how's the journalling going, I have been a bit lax this weekend, and I may just pay for that when I weigh in this week.
Juldiet - had to admit I had to take a peek at the pics, the glass blowing is beautiful. I wish I was more creative
Tech - sorry to have about the job, but I am sending you positive vibes. I know how it feels it seems to be happening everywhere here, especially in the city
LBH - I guess you have the cleaning bug, if you ever get the ironing bug, please please please send it over - I need to catch it really badly
Elisa - hope you had a wonderful birthday - I thought I saw the birthday icon, but I wasn't quite sure
Rabbit - congratulations on staying OP - I don't think it's a simple thing to do and it is so easy to slip uo - Good for you for sticking to it
Pyria - good luck with the teacher. Can I post my jogging and skating?

Well I am off to bed now, it's 2.22am (Monday) and I really need to catch up the sleep I lost yesterday due to the wonderfully LOUD people who had a party - I guess by playing the music really loud, it was inviting the whole neighbourhood to join in. I don't know how the people on either side or across the road managed - I couldn't tell where it was coming from, but I could sing along

Have a great week everyone
Old 08-26-2001, 11:43 PM   #7  
A princess in the making!

20 mintues of any excerise is one mile. So you just post away.

Good night all
Old 08-27-2001, 01:01 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I'm back to being ridiculously busy this week. If any of you get a chance, could you go check out my food log and see what I ate yesterday. I'm not real sure on the points for most of the stuff, I just guessed. If you think I counted under of over for anything, please let me know!!

Thanks! Gotta run, lots of Training stuff going on...
Old 08-27-2001, 04:02 PM   #9  

HELLO EVERYONE!

10 days OP and I'm really beginning to be able to tell it now. On the scale and the way clothes fit.

RR - cool that your brother is a food freak about fat and calories! That's gotta make family cookouts a whole lot easier to deal with.

BFB - I don't think I would like those cameras everywhere! Sure you can count your jogging and skating. As Pryia said, we've always counted 20 minutes as one mile.

Lbh - don't work too hard!

Hello to everyone else. Sonya - are you out there anywhere?

RABBIT

*NO EXCUSES*
Old 08-27-2001, 09:29 PM   #10  
A princess in the making!

Angry

Tomorrow I am going to be like a Rabbit okay I mean like the Rabbit. I am going to be OP-I am going to be OP- I am going to be OP. Rabbit I am very proud of you. I want to be just like you!!!!

Today I got a great compliement. Went to B's school. Totally a waste of time. Did not meet his teacher. They could have sent home a slip of what room he was in. But I ran into a old neighbor. Could not even believe her son was old enough for school already. My gosh time flies. But she told me I look great and she could tell I lost a lot of weight. And you know what dumb@ss did. I said oh it was not that much. YES!! it is 25lbs is ALOT and I should be proud and not act like it is no big deal. CAUSE it is a BIG DEAL!!! I will have to work on it.

Good news!! But don't tell anyone. They are no longer ordering snacks at work. YEAH!!!! No more free junk food. YEAH!!!!!!!!! Okay so we see that is a problem for me. I am so happy---happy---happy.

Okay I hope everyone is having a great day/night.

P
Old 08-27-2001, 09:48 PM   #11  

Hi!

Pryia: you are too funny! you made me smile. And yes 25 is a lot of weight (a small child, 5 5lb bags of flour, a small/med size dog, etc....) Don't you feel better now that I've put it in perspective?????

I need to buy new pants! Tried on my winter pants today and will have to get rid of every last pair!!!! I haven't been this excited to spend money in ages!

Rabbit: you are awarded OP Queen of the week!!

I think I'm going to check out the food log page and see if I should start keeping track on it instead of on paper. Feeling bad about 2 pieces of papa john garden thin crust pizza this evening.

- jul
Old 08-28-2001, 12:23 AM   #12  

Hi all!
Can it PLEASE still be July??? PRETTY PLEASE...
First, let me say that I really appreciate this site and all of your stories and encouragement.
Journaling has been going well. No problems staying OP as long as I watch the coke and alcohol ... until TOM!!! If you check the food journal page you will see that I have Really blown it over the past few days. Better than being so busy, PMSing, eating salad and then kicking puppies on the street!
H2O goes well as long as I avoid coke. Working on exercise, but not quite there yet.
Anyway, sorry to join the group and then not post much. In a nutshell: Quit graduate school (May) and had no job, boyfriend lost job (June), found a job on east coast (June), left boyfriend in SLC with dog to start work and find sublet in Boston (June) where rents are 3X as high, packed all stuff and left SLC with dog, boyfriend, truck and trailer then dropped stuff in storage (june), landlord said she is gone for a year instead of 2 months so moved all of her stuff out of house and stuff from storage in (this past weekend).
So, all moved in now (but no where near unpacked). Boyfriend still has not found work, but we will survive. Dog adjusting well, seems to have matured over the move
BFB I agree - lets say there are still 5 weeks till LD (LOL) - keep up the exercise
Elisa I have really been trying to get 6 fruits and veggies (YUCK!) in a day, so have not been "hungry", but I really miss the sodas! I usually carry one with me throughout the day so they are sorely missed. I agree, however, that giving them up is much easier than other changes I could be faced with. Keep up the good work -- sounds like you are really making lasting changes!
Juldiet Woo hoo!! No changes on the scale can compare to needing new pants!
LBH I love the journal page! Even when I go over my points by 100% it is a great place to be accountable. Great job last week dealing with a very difficult situation after WI! Glad the WE went well.
Pyria Thanks for posting the exercising thread. If I can get my big butt to the gym, I will see you there. Good luck becoming the rabbit! You know you can do it, you have already come so far.
Rabbit WOW How many days on program?!?
RR I think the clothes are a much better indication than the scale. With all the exercise you get, I am sure you are building a lot of muscle.
Tech You have a lot of balls up in the air right now. Just remember, things have a way of working out. Don't forget, your LD goal is to maintain sanity!! Best of luck with the job search. Can't wait to here more about the wedding.
All: Sorry so long!

Bailey
173/163.5/135

Last edited by BaileySG; 08-31-2001 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-28-2001, 11:04 AM   #13  

HELLO 30'S.

I hope you all aren't sick of hearing this. 11 days OP. Somedays it seems I get plenty to eat and other days, it's - oh man, I'm out of points!

Pryia - thanks girl! You made me feel great. You can do it! Determination. And yes, 25 pounds is a very big deal!! Feel proud!! Lift up 25 pounds of weights and see how much it really is. That always amazes me.

Jul - WOW ON THE PANTS! You have to be thrilled about that. If I'm the Queen, I need to be practicing my queen wave.

Bailey - well, you've certainly had a lot going on! Do you like the new job? Were you tired of school? Boston is really expensive housing wise, isn't it? We thought we were going to move there last year and I checked into housing - AAAHHHH! I saw that 135 is your goal. That sounds like such a nice weight. How tall are you? I'm full of ???s today.

bye for now.

RABBIT

**NO EXCUSES**
Old 08-28-2001, 04:47 PM   #14  

good Evening!!
Well, had a great excercise day yesterday but since AUnt Flo and the whole family(feels like it!!!)are visiting today, decided to nap today instead....I was excited about the visit, then not too excited...I guess when the stork does arrive..I will have to cross that bridge when I get to it!!!

Rabbit--Yeah on the OP!!!Keep posting it!!!!!

Bailey--what alot of changes!!!Stay with the positive attitude!!!

Off to retrieve kids!!
Tonight is cheerleading practice for SD#1!!!
RR
Old 08-29-2001, 05:45 AM   #15  
Pink Thingy

Thumbs up Nothing like a bit of self sabotage....

All I have to say is that I gained 1.5lbs this week and I guess I should be hung, drawn and quartered. Rabbit I too would some day in the future like to be OP Queen, but I guess I must be 2,000,000th in line for the throne
Closed Thread