Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-18-2005, 12:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Smile Looking for a few good friends

Hi, I am looking for a few good friends that are commited to their diet and exercise program and be commited to this thread on a daily basis.I find that so many threads go dead,and it gets frusterating...I am a SAHM and workout everyday.I eat everything on the menu but in moderation,I try to stay away from the fatty foods as much as possible,and so far have had great sucess!I just started 1 week ago so I am still adjusting to all this,and I have already lost 5-6 bs!!
What I am asking of you is for support and motivation,and I will provide the same in return.also to maybe get a little silly at times,laughter is good for the soul Have a great day,and hope someone will join me.

Wendy
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 01:01 PM   #2  
banned

i will but im not going full force right now bc yest i was diag. w bronchitis so i cant workout til im better but im still trying to make good choices.
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:11 PM   #3  

Wink

What a diehard!!Hi there!True to my word,I'm here again!!just a quick note today,very busy!!Welcome Andrea,glad to have you wiyh me!! When are you getting back on track?Hope you are feeling better soon,don't push the issue until you feel 100% or you might wear yourself out again, type to you soon!
Wendy
Old 10-18-2005, 09:29 PM   #4  
banned

howdy!
i actually am on track w my eating im just not working out(today was day 1 of not doing it) im hoping to stay the food"course" as i am a WW and have my wi comin up on sat. am. my goal for the moment is to maintain last week wi weight. i hope to be moving again in a few more days.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:26 PM   #5  
getting healthier!

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5'6

hey winnipeg and andrea! my name is Jen, i am fairly new to this site and havent really made support friends yet. can i hop on this thread? 5-6 lbs is awsome for ur first week. keep up the good work! i am a pet groomer from ny. im always on my feet and can never understand how i got so heavy. (thats a lie im a chocoholic) but anyway....i started at 195 a year ago.....got down to 152 then gained 20 lbs back. so, ive been at this for 2 months now..down 11 lbs....thurs is my weigh in, so hopefully more. my weight loss is going slow but im in this for the long haul. if you ever need support you got a new fat chick!

what days of the week are your weigh ins? we can post together.

good luck girls

jen
BrodeyAmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:16 PM   #6  

Thumbs up

Welcome Jen to our little group!! how are you doing today? I can do a weigh in any time because all I have to do is head over to my washroom!! I am not on a real diet,but I only have a 1600cal. intake. I wish I could go on WW but I really can't afford it at this time.I did go to the bookstore to look for the "points book" that my friend said they had but I can't find it there,maybe on the net. HERES TO YOU AND HERES TO ME _____ WEEKS FROM NOW HALF OUR SIZE WE WILL BE!!!!(FILL IN THE BLANK) aNYBODY UP FOR A BEFORE cHRISTMAS CHALLANGE?? yOU PICK YOUR GOAL WEIGHT!! Ciao for now,
Wendy
Old 10-19-2005, 10:58 AM   #7  
banned

welcome jenn!
im in ny too and thats not all we have in common... i originally was at 188 when i started. pm me if you wanna be email buddies.
hi wendy ! how ya doin? im doin well w food, i just dunno how my final wi is gonna go but we shall see in a few more days. i wi on saturdays.
not trying to be nosy buy tou mentioned ww and money... could you scrape 15 dollars together? that would buy you all the materials needed to do plan at home. all youd have to do is go to weightwatchers.com to find a center near you, join for 15 and then just not go. lots less than ebay.

Last edited by andreaphilip3; 10-19-2005 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:57 AM   #8  

Thumbs up

Good morning girls!! Hey Andrea,what a novel idea! I didn't think of that!!Glad to hear you are eating well,Yesterday I had a piece of garlic bread and a can of lima beans,I just didn't have the time to prepare anything(dumb @$$),but today I am having a meal replacement shake for breakfast,toasted tuna salad sandwich for lunch and 2 measely cups of macaroni for dinner,that's going to be hard because I love pasta!! Seems to me that isn't 1600cals. better add it all up!
so Jen,you weigh in tomorrow!Good Luck and let us know the results!
Let me tell you that to have people with you everyday sure makes a difference,I haven't been discouraged since I started this thread,and thats thanks to you!!Enjoy your day and I will be back tonight!
Old 10-19-2005, 12:55 PM   #9  
Kathy

Hi everyone! I am new to this so please be patient!*laugh* You all seem to have what I am looking for "Support of each other" I am trying to lose 100+ lbs and am in a funk right now. HELP!
KathyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:23 PM   #10  
banned

welcome kathy!
try not to focus on 100... focus on 5.

hi wendy! thanks. im def. trying not to eat anything im not supposed to but i got food issues and to be honest its hard not to give in bc i usually crave comfort foods when ill or stressed and for the time being, im both and if that isnt enough im too ill to work out(my stress out let) so i need lotsa support.

i had bran and fruit for breakfast, a lean roast sandwich and fruit for lunch and a big salad and some zucchini and chicken breast for dinner and a piece of fruit probly an apple that ill be having shortly.
as per pasta: heres my tip:try using the barilla plus elbows bc let me tell you they are so tiny that 2 c will be a crap load! plus the barilla plus brand is high fiber and protein. i too love pasta and try to limit it to two cups 2x a week 1 of which i do use the elbows. another thing you can do is eat a big salad prior to having the pasta and you can also mix lotsa veggies in the pasta. good luck! not sure if it adds to 1600 either but 2 c pasta byitself w nothing on it is 400 and a tuna salad sandwich will run you anywhere from 70-140 cals plus anywhere from 50-100 cals for mayo and 100-200 cals for bread. btw:you may wanna look into using ff mayo or ff miracle whip for salads like that bc its very low cals.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:26 PM   #11  
Kathy

Ok...lets say 20... I know I can do this. "Baby Countdown 2006" is on! (as my hubby says) Yall wish me luck!
KathyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 03:29 PM   #12  
banned

we were taught at ww that breaking it dn by 5's makes it much more doable.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:46 PM   #13  
getting healthier!

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5'6

hey guys, and welcome kathylynn. have you guys ever tried FItday.com.....it is the best and easiest thing ive done. you just type in the foods you eat and amounts and it keeps track of ur calries/protein/fat. and gives you a weight goal. its great. ive been using it for about 2 months now. also try whole wheat pasta. i hear thats really good. even though im not a big pasta eater. (and im italian, im weird). im more a cheese, and chocolate person. very big on the chocolate. yes tommorow is my weigh in. i am very nervous cuz last week i didnt lose a lb. i wasnt eating enough calories, but i think i fixed the problem this week. we will see. GOOD LUCK ALL.....

my aol screename is KnownInnocence if anyone is interested.
BrodeyAmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 04:53 PM   #14  
banned

hey brody.....
good luck w your wi! im not really a cal. counter... im on the ww core plan which focuses on low cal high fiber carbs and lean proteins and high fiber veggies to fill you up so you stop eating when full although im estimating that i eat 1200-1800 5x a week and bout 2000 2x a week.
wheat pasta is great i eat it 1x a week. i do wish that someone would make shells and elbows tho.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:55 PM   #15  
Author

Default Need support

Hi everyone I am new here, but I really need to have some support. I have been dieting an exercising on my own and the good news is: I have lost 16lbs. The bad new is I seem to be stuck and I am getting to the point were I'm ready to start eating again, like there is no tomorrow. I have been stuck here for three weeks now. Does anyone have any suggestion? I will be glad for any help. Thanks.
Donna Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote